• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Character Auctions on Kronos

muff

hello

i know twinstar has character auctions, and that's fine, whatever. but will this be a feature on kronos? i glanced over the faq on the forum and the 'about' page on the kronos-wow.com site, but couldn't find any info. have i missed a post somewhere or is this unconfirmed at present?

edit:

seems they used to be available on old kronos:
http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/73312-Classic-Auction

and here it's stated there'll be no auctions on re-release:
http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/84481-Auction

but what about after a few months? hope this doesn't become a 'thing' on kronos, paying for easy accounts.

Last edited:
Yes, there will be character auction.

However, I highly doubt someone will level up and sell his first 60 to anybody - so the whole auction will be empty for some time I guess :)

Twinstar character auction and 'how-to' will be presented and explained to the general public soon.

This feature is NOT a pay-to-win.

Last edited:
I think character auctions are a good idea. When people stop playing wow, they usually give away their old accounts to friends so they can use their toons, e.g. for crafing stuff. The character auction feature reduces this inflation of inactive accounts played by someone else, because geared characters have a real value. Someone who decides to stop playing on Kronos will be less inclined to give away his account "for free". In my opinion, the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.

i played on old Kronos - i have 2 x 60lvl characters in my account now. What will be with this characters when the server will be open? they will be deleted or what? is here any confirmed informations about this?

Last edited:
All characters have been wiped afaik. Fresh start for everyone.

Personally I like the auction system. If you want to play a different class but not level one all over again, you can buy and sell it in a safe way.

You only get donater currrency by selling so you can buy vanity stuff for other characters or simply buy a character on a different expansion.

Last edited:
i played on old Kronos - i have 2 x 60lvl characters in my account now. What will be with this characters when the server will be open? they will be deleted or what? is here any confirmed informations about this?

They're deleted. We're all having a fresh new start.

Yes, there will be character auction.

However, I highly doubt someone will level up and sell his first 60 to anybody - so the whole auction will be empty for some time I guess :)

Twinstar character auction and 'how-to' will be presented and explained to the general public soon.

This feature is NOT a pay-to-win.

You're literally buying a level 60. How is this not pay to win?

Because you're buying a 60 who was already levelled, not just created to be sold. Even without official auction feature, one can just buy a character from another :) And if Kronos try to make it illegal, a lot of time and some players will be wasted.

I was afraid of this on other servers as well, but most of the time you dont even notice. Chars on Cata and WotLK seem to have low value for their former owners, but i doubt that there will be as many characters on Kronos auction.
It is not pay to win, if a noob buys lvl60 without leveling, he will end up in disgust because he will get his butt raped alot. I think that this will be pretty good for those who get bored by their toon and want to try another class.

There is no way to prevent character trading. We offer you a comfortable and safe way to do it.
It's not like creating a full geared character from nothing. These characters are leveled up by players, geared by them.

You won't be able to ever buy items with stats, or any character with your dream gear.

You could do such trade even before, with your friends or anybody. How is that pay to win?

Last edited:
There is no way to prevent character trading. We offer you a comfortable and safe way to do it. [...] You could do such trade even before, with your friends or anybody. [...]

This is such a bad excuse, just because something is unpreventable doesn't mean it should be allowed. Murders are always going to happen, should we legalise it cause "There is no way to prevent it"?

[...] It's not like creating a full geared character from nothing. These characters are leveled up by players, geared by them. [...]

You are still buying something that you would have otherwise had to work for. The fact that the characters aren't generated for you doesn't make it any less pay to win. It makes it have less of an impact on the server economy though, so it's not as bad as could be.

[...] You won't be able to ever buy items with stats, or any character with your dream gear. [...]

You seem to be against the idea of buying items for your character, but not aginst the idea of buying a character with items. What is the core difference?
Also, would you not, for example, be able to sell your current character for stars, then buy another similar character with a better belt for slighly more stars, therefore esentially buying gear?

[...] How is that pay to win?

You are trading out-of-game currency for a leveled and (presumably) geared character. You are buying a more powerful charcter. You are buying power.
While this isn't as bad as making something exclusive to paying players (as Sivo so kindly pointed out an example of), it's still buying an advantage and therefore pay to win.

I'd also like to point out that pay to win doesnt mean "The only way to win is to pay" or "If you pay you are guaranteed to win". Pay to win means that by paying you get an unfair advantage over those that choose not to. This is why mounts, tabards and non-combat pets are not pay to win, while donating for gear, characters or xp boosts are.

Last edited:
Ok, Hagson, try to think about it. What will it look like in the long run?
Newbs and noobs in bought 60s noobing it up? No problem, noobs can be dealt with and they would be there anyway.
Then you have people who like to experiment or get bored easily by one class. I dont see problem here.

I doubt that these characters will be of any trouble to you or community, it is working everywhere else and there is not a problem really.

Just get over it, you seem tense like you had no sex for at least decade.

I don't see the problem with it, personally. It's not like character boosting, which could lead to an inflation of instant 60s running about. The auction is based on an economy of characters that someone actually took the time to level and gear from 1-60. If there isn't a decked out level 60 hunter available on auction, you'll still need to roll one yourself and level it to 60. So yeah, you can buy a 60 off the auction, which means the seller now needs to level another one. I dunno, just doesn't bother me I guess. It's all still based on the rules of the game!

In order to be pay-to-win, the purchased items wouldn't be REASONABLY obtainable without paying, thus giving an unfair advantage to peeps with cash to burn. "Reasonably obtainable" is subjective, I know, but what items are you going to get with a traded/bought character that aren't reasonably obtainable otherwise? I have no intention of ever buying somebody's toon, but I don't see the big deal in it either.

Try this out.
google "ownedcore [insert server of choice] character"
> post results

Any server has auctions running. `Just unofficial.
How is it in any way bad to turn a shady market into something that benefits the server?

Ok, Hagson, try to think about it. What will it look like in the long run?
Newbs and noobs in bought 60s noobing it up? No problem, noobs can be dealt with and they would be there anyway.
Then you have people who like to experiment or get bored easily by one class. I dont see problem here.

I doubt that these characters will be of any trouble to you or community, it is working everywhere else and there is not a problem really.

Just get over it, you seem tense like you had no sex for at least decade.

Nice job not countering a single point.

It's all still based on the rules of the game!

Buying characters was not and still is not allowed in retail wow, the game that we are trying to emulate.

In order to be pay-to-win, the purchased items wouldn't be REASONABLY obtainable without paying, thus giving an unfair advantage to peeps with cash to burn. "Reasonably obtainable" is subjective, I know, but what items are you going to get with a traded/bought character that aren't reasonably obtainable otherwise? I have no intention of ever buying somebody's toon, but I don't see the big deal in it either.

The difference could be BiS gear or otherwise highly desireable items. If a character in BiS gear is "reasonably obtainable" the surely the gear he is wearing is also reasonably obtainable, and as such there is no reason to disallow the purchasing of gear?
I agree that it is subjective though.

Try this out.
google "ownedcore [insert server of choice] character"
> post results

Any server has auctions running. `Just unofficial.
How is it in any way bad to turn a shady market into something that benefits the server?

I already countered this argument.
Also, having to do a risky underground deal that could end up in you being scammed by the seller, or having the bought character banned is a whole different thing entirely than conveniently doing it using a service provided by the server owners.

The topic was covered before in another thread. Might go and troll around in there.
As all reasonable replies in this thread tried to show you, IT WILL NEVER BE A PROBLEM. Stop trying to make it one.
If you are fed up with it and can't deal with it. I guess you are out of luck then.

You see, a server need some some income without giving players something that is gamebreaking. That is exactly this.
How else would you finance top servers and proper DDoS protection?

You see, a server need some some income without giving players something that is gamebreaking. That is exactly this.
How else would you finance top servers and proper DDoS protection?

With donations and the purchasing of cosmetics such as mounts, non-combat pets, tabards, etc.

is there any others "secrets" we should be aware of before server opening?
because this one was a huge one.

Give that man a cookie @Hagson :lol:
PS:I wanna make facepalm too :crying:
PS:Trade character's cant be stoped...its like weed...if u made it ligal 50% will stop use it :whistling:

Its the same retarded trolling as last time...

Just where do you think those characters come from? They just randomly appear?
Good luck finding someone who is even willing to TRADE his character.

Top Bottom