• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Character Auctions on Kronos

Its the same retarded trolling as last time...

Just where do you think those characters come from? They just randomly appear?
Good luck finding someone who is even willing to TRADE his character.

First your say that people will always sell and buy characters, even if we ban traders and make it as hard as possible for them. Then you say that even with a safe and easy to use interface to trade characters noone would do so. It sounds like you're just defending someone without having formed your own opinion.

No, I just played on this project before and KNOW for a fact that was never an issue.

The unofficial auctions happen because people leave a server and want to get some real life money.
If you won't ever play your character again, why not turn it into cash?
You can't do that with TwinStars system, thus a player who actually plans to leave is not inclined to put his character in there.

Enough feeding now.

I dunno what's the problem?
I guess the earliest sold char will be maybe 6 month after server release, if someone is bored and want to stop playing or change his char with maybe a friend. Noone can make cash with it, just spend his points on things on the twinstar realms, it's the most fair way to anyone to handle this whole issue.
So almost noone gains a real advantage from selling his char, just if he maybe wants to play a different class, and even needs to be handled in front to trade your toons. So why do u think just because it will be possible, there will be chars to buy? I personally bet there will be almost no chars to buy, no matter in what term..

is there any others "secrets" we should be aware of before server opening?
because this one was a huge one.

It was not a secret, it was mentioned about 2 months before. But now it have it's own thread.

Chero has written that he will give us information about this later ( his former post was edited and the information has disappeared) so stop telling me that everyone were aware of this if even Chero stated that this was a missing point.

Buying characters = decreasing the value of said characters.

Everyone's characters.

I understand you want money, but this is not a good system. Implementing something shitty and saying, "Yea, its shitty, sorry man, but we gotta get some cash." versus spewing out some bullshit trying to make this character auction system sound like a great thing shows the difference between a Man and a Politician.

Character trading/selling/buying may in fact happen regardless, as you all state; but to perpetuate that problem further, as a form of solution? That's just stupid.

I think people need to keep in mind that character auction is actually blizzlike. This happened in vanilla from people selling their accounts to powerleveling services selling accounts.

On a different note however i think that having character auction makes multiboxing completely out of the question.

I could be entirely wrong with my thinking on this, so someone can correct me and I won't have hard feelings over it at all. But with that said - how could someone really abuse this for profit?

I think (I could be wrong) that a person needs to purchase Twinstar's virtual currency with real money, which is then used to post an account for auction which is then purchased by a buyer with the use of their own purchased Twinstar virtual money. And the virtual money can't be refunded back into real money once obtained from Twinstar.

The only thing this system really does is enable a person that is bored with their character with its attached account to effectively put it up for trade with the hopes of obtaining a new account later from someone else that is using the auction system. Which Twinstar happens to profit from.

I'm not exactly seeing a huge plan of peeps racing characters up to 60 to then exchange for virtual currency that isn't going to pay their rent. Unless I'm missing something obvious.

Edit - yes, I guess one or more persons could build up a Stable of housed accounts and attempt to sell them for real money, but there's no sense of safety with your money. People wanting to black market sell accounts for profit will have to compete against regular players who are bored putting up accounts up on their own, which undercuts the hell out of whatever the black marketeers might be aiming for in regards to their pricing.

Last edited:
This is such a bad excuse, just because something is unpreventable doesn't mean it should be allowed. Murders are always going to happen, should we legalise it cause "There is no way to prevent it"?
Murder is different, you can never take it back. You can take back a purchase.
Instead of shady trading of characters on some random exploit-filled forums, these guys devised a system incorporated into their web that allows players who want to trade to actually do it, while the server admins can observe and somewhat control the amount of trades while simultaneously making money to keep the server going.

You are still buying something that you would have otherwise had to work for.
Well if you don't work for the money, good for you. But most people do, they use their time to make money or use their time to level up (disregarding other activities). Either way works and you are given a choice - which do you prefer is up to your own, but your choice does not give you an advantage.

The fact that the characters aren't generated for you doesn't make it any less pay to win. It makes it have less of an impact on the server economy though, so it's not as bad as could be.
The characters will never give you an advantage. You cannot be a lvl 60 faster than anyone else, because there are no level 60s to buy. After 6 months there might be some, great, but after 6 months, there will be lots of level 60 players. It will only allow you to catch up, but it won't allow you to be better or faster. In my book, not pay to win.

You seem to be against the idea of buying items for your character, but not aginst the idea of buying a character with items. What is the core difference?
In Twinstar's case, you cannot see any of the items, spells or quests the character did or used. Basically you are buying a level and class, and everything else can be random.

Also, would you not, for example, be able to sell your current character for stars, then buy another similar character with a better belt for slighly more stars, therefore esentially buying gear?
"Buying" usually means that you gain something in return for money. When you sell your own, you are giving away your whole character for another, that would be an exchange. But again, it only shows level and class of the character, such exchange is not possible, because you don't see items on the character. You could end up buying a naked character with 0 game money and no proffs.

You are trading out-of-game currency for a leveled and (presumably) geared character. You are buying a more powerful charcter. You are buying power.
Wrong, you are not buying more powerful character. There will always be someone more powerful than you, who gained this power through simply playing the game.

While this isn't as bad as making something exclusive to paying players (as Sivo so kindly pointed out an example of), it's still buying an advantage and therefore pay to win.
See up.

I'd also like to point out that pay to win doesnt mean "The only way to win is to pay" or "If you pay you are guaranteed to win". Pay to win means that by paying you get an unfair advantage over those that choose not to.
Exactly. And this is your difference. By buying in the character auction, you will never get unfair advantage :wink:

May i ask you people, especially Hagson, what do you think "pay to win" means?

It means paying to be !BETTER! than any other non-paying player.
Auction merely provides characters worse or same as anybody else can obtain through hard work.
So please, stop crying or debating, it really wont be that of a problem, im sure.

Chero has written that he will give us information about this later ( his former post was edited and the information has disappeared) so stop telling me that everyone were aware of this if even Chero stated that this was a missing point.

I am not telling you, that everyone knew that, i am telling you, that it was not a secret.

10th october 2014
http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/86821-Leveling-rates-but-not-really/page8

from my post further, there are 3 pages about it.

This is one of the reasons why I will be playing Nostalrius instead. I am disgusted with real world auctions, pay to win, etc. This auction of characters will encourage botting to make level 60s as fast as possible. It will heavily degrade the quality of the server.

This is one of the reasons why I will be playing Nostalrius instead. I am disgusted with real world auctions, pay to win, etc. This auction of characters will encourage botting to make level 60s as fast as possible. It will heavily degrade the quality of the server.
same will happen there so i guess you wont be playing there after all x-D

anyway to keep things more level headed;

account selling and buying happens on any server, private or retail, even though it's not allowed. the only thing about allowing it as a project rule and providing tools for safe transfer means that people won't be getting scammed while doing it.

if you have a problem with that, you shouldn't be playing multiplayer games, because you'll probably always find things that other people do, that annoy you.

Last edited:
same will happen there so i guess you wont be playing there after all x-D

anyway to keep things more level headed;

account selling and buying happens on any server, private or retail, even though it's not allowed. the only thing about allowing it as a project rule and providing tools for safe transfer means that people won't be getting scammed while doing it.

if you have a problem with that, you shouldn't be playing multiplayer games, because you'll probably always find things that other people do, that annoy you.

Not sure where you got your information about Nostalrius, but I can assure you that it isn't correct. The developers are not doing any sort of "real world auctions".

Players will always privately do business in a black market environment; that is a given.

That's what he meaned.. It will hapen anyway and forbiding it adds more work for devs to check it/ban it. BTW, i hope you'll enjoy playing with old players when they get their characters from "beta" returned on Nostalrius.

Okay your argument is very easy to counter. And if you really want to bring up Nostalrius fine by me: this is in their FAQ:

How about characters used during Beta?
The Nostalrius beta testers will NOT get their characters at server launch. We want the server to be launched like real retail vanilla servers used to be, where everybody has to start from level 1. The old beta characters could still be imported, but under several hard conditions. This importation should not alter the PvE or PvP progression, should not change the server economy balance, nor come with an sense of injustice from other players. We rather think that it could bring back a lot of old Nostalrius players (more than 20.000 accounts !).
Anyway, these characters will stay unusable a long time after the release (and their names will be reusable).

So at a certain time they will restore all the characters from the beta. No problem you would think, these are characters people leveled fair and honest.
WRONG. You have to consider that the beta was an INSTANT 60 server meaning people will get free lvl 60s they never ever did a single quest with. On top of that some are MC/BWL geared so good luck if you are a freshly dinged lvl 60. So if they say they will restore 20.000 accounts with possibly 10 lvl 60 characters each, you don't think this causes inbalance? Free instant lvl 60s on a x1 server? You don't think this leads to a huge amount of lvl 60 accounts being sold on the black market? This is why i choose kronos and not nostalrius.

On here you just buy a class and a lvl, there won't be any gear most of the time, 99% of the time it will be vendored to transfer gold. This gives a shortcut to new players who just want to get started with the endgame and really don't want to lvl. These are real characters that have been leveled so you can't notice, only the person playing it changed. This is good for population, good for everyone.

And if you think people might bot or multibox to make a profit, you are wrong. If you sell 10 lvl 60's all you get is donater currency. So they can either buy a different 60 with it (which has no point, a zero operation) or they buy vanity pets. I don't see why they would bother.

Last edited:
This is one of the reasons why I will be playing Nostalrius instead.

If it wasn't obvious enought before what this topic actually is about then I guess it now is.
You tried to advertise your realm on CoreCrafts forum. It didn't work.
Talking shit about Kronos on its own forum won't work either.

Keep in mind, there are no breaks on the rape train.

WRONG. You have to consider that the beta was an INSTANT 60 server meaning people will get free lvl 60s they never ever did a single quest with

l m a o

nostalrius mustard race!11

no pay to win! kronos bad!!

please nostalrius drones fuck off to your own forum instead

Last edited:
Theirs forums is empty so they have to troll here. Also you can't post there without every pots being approved by moderator. hard censure inc.

- - - Updated - - -

Back to OP . This char auction will cost Kronos few players :( especialy those who live in illusion that you can make private server 100% blizzke lol .

edit++ Also i hope that multibox will be forbidden if we have char auction.

Last edited:
Top Bottom