• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Convince me to stay on Kronos!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Szneka

Hey guys

As we all know, Kronos has really tough competition on the vanilla scene. I admit - I tried The Other server and... I really can not decide where should I stay :wacko:

I really need to make up my mind before I invest my time in vanilla leveling. Kronos fans please tell me why should I choose this realm and not the others? Apart from superior scripting here, because I noticed that myself.

ATM we have 241 ppl online vs 3840 there, even if like half of that is bots its still a huge diffrence.
Is it possible to find groups for low level dungeons on Kronos?

Is the population relatively friendly?

Can a lone feral druid find his way on Kronos without much hate? Is there much elitism like everywhere else or?

I just want to find a place to call home. It could be Kronos, but I need your support guys.
Thanks for your time!

First of all, remember that Nostalrius /who shows total population, while Kronos /who shows faction population. Despite what my join date says (I tried the WotLK server in 2013), I didn't get properly involved with Twinstar until this year, and I was split between continuing my level 22 warrior on Nostalrius and investing in Kronos. In the end, I went with Kronos, and I wouldn't change that.

Yes! There may not be a group up for every single instance at all times, but that could be considered normal. EU night/morning is the slowest when it comes to dungeons.

Yes. There is the occasional bad apple, but they're not all that hard to avoid.

(1) Can a lone feral druid find his way on Kronos without much hate? (2) Is there much elitism like everywhere else or?
(1) I think so, yes. (2) The answer to this is the same as above. At least we're plenty of people who don't know Vanilla 100 % and don't mind helping each other figure it out. :smile:

I hope you decide to level here and contribute to our population!

241 for one faction. so essentially around 450-500 online during US peak times during the week.

There's not a whole lot of convincing to do...you have a pretty good grasp on the situation, yes the population is lower then the competition, but from that this server is superior is every way. I have a level 60 on Nos now to play the pre-nerf AV. I try and avoid the high level dungeons because 60% (roughly) of my runs we don't complete the dungeon because of one bug or the other (when I mean complete, I mean kill every boss not just the end one). Albeit there has been some decent fixes recently, and apparently they are smoother to run.

Person-to-person interaction is pleasant on Nos but the greater population atmosphere (so on world or general) is just terrible. The shit that gets spammed and said on a day-to-day basis is cringing.

Play where you are most comfortable with. I haven't hit 60 here yet (I have a level 48 and a level 28) which I alternate between and I have not had trouble finding people to complete elites quests or run dungeons...yet...whether it becomes more difficult in a month or so is hard to say. This server needs to amp up its advertisement to bring fresh players in and keep the level diversity wide.

I suggest playing where you are currently having more fun. I have put my faith in this server and am currently investing most of my time in it...because I believe at some point the quality will be enough to bring the fresh players in

This is the wrong approach mate, you must not be convinced by words, but by deeds - just play for a week and decide - simple as that. And just to tell you - big population is not always a good thing, but if you like to wait for half an hour to kill a mob, perhaps it is.

Atm Nost have more ppl...but after 2-3-5 month... will be differently .Nos start first so---->more ppl go there,but most of them after play 1-2 month and see all bug's will search for server with better Quality...and where we go :rolleyes2:

This is the wrong approach mate, you must not be convinced by words, but by deeds - just play for a week and decide - simple as that. And just to tell you - big population is not always a good thing, but if you like to wait for half an hour to kill a mob, perhaps it is.

Indeed...and not just that...keep an eye on the server admins..which ones are better are fixing bugs and which server is releasing content bug free and in good time...instead of delaying by 6 months

I came from nost aswell, I came here because the bugs on nost just putt me off. This server has a decent amount of population 1.1k peak week days, a staff thats honest with its players and provides great scripting. Also community is very friendly.

I can agree with all sayed above. Furthermore, if you play alliance, i have heared that on nost it's nearly impossible to level up past level 45-50 because of tons of ganking horde groups :sad: Just a rumor but still.. I hate gankers and even though they exist here too, it's not so bad.

I play on both servers, but unfortunately I can't say as much as I'd like about the quality, as I tend to grind most of the time. My latest experiences were doing Hinterlands quests on Nos/horde and they worked just fine. Then I tried to do Searing Gorge quests on both servers, and on Nos I could only get one quest, whereas on Kronos/alliance I got them all and they all worked perfectly. Any idea what that's about btw? Are they not available for horde or is it just a bug?

About the population, I think a lot of people just tend to flock to Nos because they mostly just care about how many people they get to play with, as long as the quality is "ok" or "good enough". Last Sunday they had 7.5k people online..can you imagine grinding goretusk livers with 30 other people? That'd be awful. But, as always, that's just imo.

Just rambling on again, but my point is that I prefer Kronos because of the population and quality of the server. Whenever I play on Nos, I quickly logout because, again, of the population.

Hey guys

As we all know, Kronos has really tough competition on the vanilla scene. I admit - I tried The Other server and... I really can not decide where should I stay :wacko:

I really need to make up my mind before I invest my time in vanilla leveling. Kronos fans please tell me why should I choose this realm and not the others? Apart from superior scripting here, because I noticed that myself.

ATM we have 241 ppl online vs 3840 there, even if like half of that is bots its still a huge diffrence.

Can a lone feral druid find his way on Kronos without much hate? Is there much elitism like everywhere else or?

I just want to find a place to call home. It could be Kronos, but I need your support guys.
Thanks for your time!

If you are a North American player, chances are you are going to have a difficult time finding people to do stuff with, let alone raid especially on horde. I play casually and peak US times 8 pm - 11 pm it's pretty much a ghost town. I think Volatile was the only NA raid guild we had on horde and it appears as if they are gone. Fingers crossed for brighter days.

If you are a North American player, chances are you are going to have a difficult time finding people to do stuff with, let alone raid especially on horde. I play casually and peak US times 8 pm - 11 pm it's pretty much a ghost town. I think Volatile was the only NA raid guild we had on horde and it appears as if they are gone. Fingers crossed for brighter days.
The only solution to that is more NA players taking the chance, and by doing that attracting more NA players. :wink: It's a risky move for sure.

Thanks for your time!

hi,

make up your mind alone - it is the best thing you can do
i recommend you to try others servers too and then make decision
this is my experience - i tried nostalrius, but i had many disconnects and weird lags (but latency was 20-30ms) so i stopped there and now i play on Kronos

i think you can play whatever you want (eg my pure holy paladin)

here on forum are many "funboys" but im not sure if i will see them in game...

so again: make up your mind alone

i play paladin - Padre @33lvl, if you will need something ingame just send me PM or whisp

/sorry for my english

Last edited:
I had the same issue recently that you're facing. I'm a USA player and the sad fact is that at the 6:00 pm Pacific Hours and forward, getting groups or doing any pvp in Battlegrounds isn't going to happen. And it's not the server's fault - if we got into a time machine and went back to the launch of EU retail Blizzard servers, this one would be superb in terms of faction. 1200-1300 on week nights and up to 1500-1600 during week ends during EU hours is extremely reasonable in terms of retail server load. It's right across the line of a "high" population server for that time.

So, why am I still here and not on Nostalrius? There's a few reasons at play. I'll list them.

1) The server staff has never lied to the player base once. The ONLY time there has been a discrepancy has been with the cross faction mounts, and that was an honest mistake with no easy solution at hand for it. About every other private server in existance can't say the same thing involving the topic of Dev and GM honesty.

2) English speaking communication lines between the staff and players regarding server issues and discovered bugs. I was involved with the open beta timespan and was flat-out blown away with how my reporting discovered bugs with proof from the 2005-2007 era was recognized, acknowledged, and put on the list for being fixed. It was all done with a matter of transparancy, and regardless of my spoken language or nation of origin, it made no difference to the server staff. My input had the same value as anyone else's. This is what killed Valkyrie server. This is hugely important.

3) Care shown from the server staff in terms of enforcing rules and rolling out server updates for bug fixes and stability issues. I don't have to really describe why this area is so important, and I really doubt I have to describe what evidence we've witnessed in how Chero and the team have been handling the server. They have been incredibly professional, beyond a standard Blizzard Entertainment held in the past or probably is currently maintaining.

4) The Open Beta. I mentioned this before, but I didn't go over why it was so FUGGING important. Nostalrius launched with a myriad of stock mangos core bugs and exploits that were taken advantage of by players who knew about them and planned ahead. This is why there were so, so many max level characters within a very short span of server life time, WITH epic mounts, and a very vast number equipeed with BIS pre raid epics like Ironfoes and Sunrazors. This was because their server staff rushed the launch to 'win the race'. Kronos didn't take that route, and held a Beta, stuff was found, and NONE of those issues are present on this server. No one was able to exploit for free levels, gold, or gear.

5) Scripts. Even today, go ahead and roll a new tauren on Nostalrius, run it to the starting area level 3-4 quillboar caves, and aggro a caster quillboar that will cast lightning bolts at you. Now, move your character out of line of sight and tell me what happens. I can tell you what happens on Kronos. The caster will stop casting and move forward to find you in Line of Sight again so it can start casting once more, or melee your character if it's in that range. On Nostalrius this is still broken. Ranged AI mobs merely stand in place if you move out of LoS and do nothing. I could cover this page with script and bug differences between the server, but that's a bold example I felt the need to actually cover.

6) I decided to stay here to be a part of the solution if I can. All this server needs is more NA players, and the way to do that is to make some videos highlighting the quality of Kronos Scripts, character abilities, and instances. So I'm doing that and I'm going to host them on other gaming websites (Not Blizzard, and not rival 1.12.1 server forums) to direct attention. It's within our power to get more people here, so I figure - what the hell? I think it can be done.

Last edited:
why should we convince you? the only person who can convince you, is yourself.

just watch that short video, create an account and just play a bit on Kronos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGHa-TTWhK4

I hope Kronos will made a long run. Imo we just need like 30-40 more level 60s on alliance side who are interested in pvp. Maybe some Nostalrius player want a more personal server or team behind the Service.

Just look at that sweet cute BG announcment that got implemented. The love for Detail is very blizzlike and while I was leveling I got a feeling, close to the initinal hype about WoW.

peace

I agree with Chillbill, why should we convince you?
There are plenty of pros and cons to every server; weigh them and see which one appeals to you. make friends on servers as well because they will probably help make your stay more enjoyable.

2-3-5 months will be different? You must be delusional, plus 2-5 months is a huge range. I've been playing on Nos for a bit, seems fine by me.

TBH, I think Nos is way too populated. Here at kronos, pretty much population dont exist. As somebody put it nicely, "a ghost town". Also, people say Kronos has far my superior scripts, well seems the same to me at Nos so don't know where that comment is coming from. People here at Kronos act as if they made the better choice or they live in some delusional world where they think overtime people will see how bad nos is and eventually come to Kronos. First of all, nos is not even bad and most of the bugs are fixed. I also saw some dude write points about why he decided to come to Kronos because of this and this and this reasons. Real picky, too bad that don't work with girls. Grass is always gonna be greener on the otherside. I have played in kronos and it is not bad but like a ghost town. Nobody ever got time for you, so at least at Nos, there are more people around your level to help each other out. Also, I find people in kronos complain and cry about everything. Report anything that gets their feelings hurt. This guy tells you to fuck off.... OH gonna report him and he gets a mute for a day. Lame. Everyone thinks they have it best but in reality, its all the same so stop bragging as if this is the best and soon people will find out and come. That is not true, there is a reason why Nos has 6k population while kronos has like 0 if you round down. However, kronos is a good server but just like nos is as well. The only thing you should watch out for, just like if you do play in nos is that, there are always going to be people bragging about how their server is better and stuff like that, (DUHHH, its cause they play in there). They want to feel special.

PS. Don't listen to these comments like "Why should we convince you"
They are trying reverse psychology so that you will come and find out because they both know they have nothing to offer as to why this server is better than nos except for the fact that they are both playing in it. If they really meant as to why they should convince you, they wouldn't even have bother to responded.

I am having a fu***** awesome time so far and I've only recently came here from Nost.

1. I found super friendly people to play with
2. All the areas have been decently populated so far and I've been able to do group quest and dungeons
3. The scripting is high quality.
4. The bug tracker is super easy to use even for a stupid person like me and I have gotten dev replies to Issues within a day!

You can literally watch the game get better and better just by refreshing the bug tracker every hour and looking and what has been fixed. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Forums as usual have no idea lmao

Last edited:
In reaction on therewasacows post:
- I have not played released nost, yet i watched few streams of ppl playing on both servers and they sayed, that kronos just "looks a bit more fine tuned". That does not mean, that nost is badly scripted, only that kronos have that little "flavour" things on top of ordinary good scripting.
- Population also matters yet, kronos is, in terms of retail, medium-high populated server while nost is 2-3 times overpopulated one. It have its pros and cons. High population means more ppl to group with, but also more gankers, trolls or ppl that will leave dung group in the middle of the run. On the other hand, forming a group is extremely easy.

Now it depends on what you expect from the server. If it's high-end PvP then higher population is definitely better. BGs will pop nearly instantly on both sides, but players will be brobably worse. If you expect good PvE, then lower pop is better because everyone is glad for finding a group and will put greater effort to it. If it's just a joy of playing, then it does not matter much, because you will be able to find friendly people on both sides.

In reaction on therewasacows post:
- I have not played released nost, yet i watched few streams of ppl playing on both servers and they sayed, that kronos just "looks a bit more fine tuned". That does not mean, that nost is badly scripted, only that kronos have that little "flavour" things on top of ordinary good scripting.

You're selling Kronos short here. I've played with 2 friends on Nost and where I encountered 3 bugs only in Teldrassil and had quest with more complicated scripts like "The Blackwood Corrupted" not work at all or fixed with cheap workarounds Kronos just delivered. Let alone all the warlock and possibly other classes bugs on Nost.

But you're right, population feels like a medium server on retail. There are dozens of retail servers online with less population than Kronos with a faction balance of everything from 2:1 to 20:1 LMAO. https://realmpop.com/eu.html

I don't know where OP got the 200 player figure but if you look at the wowcensus thread you'll see that this ONLY happens at night if it even happens.

Some Nos fanboys coming here to take a jab at Kronos whenever they can ... expected. I have played on both servers. In fact, I went back to Nos because of the population, thought bigger was better. But like others who have played there and came back here, the bugs I encountered outweighed the population. Besides the Kronos community is so much more tolerable. I can actually stay in world chat.

Yeah, every Nost chat is basically memespam and teenagers trying to be edgy by flooding the chat with offensive shit.

So I had a lvl 60 on Nost before coming here. Right now I'm an active (lvl 60 of course) officer/raider in <CORAL>. Nost was technically my first private server experience, but this vanilla community in general is my first foray in to "non-official" WoW servers.

Nost certainly has a lot of people, but more often than not I found that as an annoyance. Always over-farming the spots I needed, getting mob-ganked while trying to solo certain objectives or chores I needed to get done. It was basically test of patience rather than it was providing me with any sort of fun.

The positives? Groups formed rather quickly. That's what the current day WoW players like, an instant silver-platter of players to fill out your group and get you through a dungeon who you've no interest in getting to know past the last boss. Nost can really give you that.

The irony is that most people praise vanilla for its sense of community, and that's where the difference between the two is struck in a way that greatly supports Kronos as the superior server (aside from scripting or coding), despite population differences.

You get to know people, you make allies that you group with often, you have to stay in good standing with those people. You can become hated, loved, important to your guild. Important to those you run dungeons with. Important to the realm because of your professions. The horde are after you, and you know who they are. They want to kill you because they know who you are. They're holding some of your guild members hostage because they know your guild and they want to drain your members of the honor they provide.

This sort of faction rivalry along with a sense of tight-knit among same-faction players is what made vanilla what it was. Otherwise you're just playing WoW : Warlords of Draenilla with a lot more grinding to hit the level cap required.

Nost has a big population and it does come in handy for group forming but you sacrifice so much of the experience to have that population (not to mention all of that shady stuff that went on around launch with GMs helping raids, backpedaling on donations, and a laundry list of exploited bugs that helped people get way ahead). Having several times a normal server cap back then will do that.

Kronos right now is on a bit of a slower track to success, but I think it's the more correct one to take. It may take a few months, maybe even a year, but people will move to Kronos once they realize what I've spoken about in this post. It will hit them at some point, there's not a doubt in my mind. Nost may have beaten Kronos to the punch on release, but the reasons for switching are more subtle. Things that take time to notice and think about, and that's where Kronos has planted the seed of victory that will sprout a bit later on.

P.S

It's worth noting that horde are queuing during the NA prime time hours, it's the alliance that are refusing to queue. I have horde in my stream begging me all the time to get pre-mades going because they are all just waiting to queue in to a BG.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom