• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Convince me to stay on Kronos!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quality aside, the next biggest problem with Nos is the population. I have no idea why people are excited to play on a server that's 3 times more populated than it was designed for. But good for them, and fuck me if I'll try to convince anyone anything :w00t:

I have no idea why people are excited to play on a server that's 3 times more populated than it was designed for.

Rather simple : 7/7 & 24/24 pop all-brackets BGs (WSG AND AB), tons of groups always LFM for EVERY instances of the game (not only hl instances), tons of groups always LFM for EVERY zones elite quests, tons of groups always LFM in most zones for wpvp.

Simple as that.

In reaction on therewasacows post:
If it's high-end PvP then higher population is definitely better. BGs will pop nearly instantly on both sides, but players will be brobably worse.

The Horde faction on Nost ganked and occupied all high level zones for a couple of weeks causing a lot of the Alliance population leveling to reroll Horde or quit. Needless to say, Horde is now enjoying 30-60min BG queues, level 60 population at the last census from one of their forum threads:

Level 60 : 646 Horde / 514 Alliance
55,6% horde / 44,4% Alliance
http://i.imgur.com/52D6v3G.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/zez5JR7.jpg

after a long rain shower, finaly the sun came out again. nobody's there, you can farm while waiting for an BG to pop (even its saturday :s) so you can relax from 45min BG.

jTA8IQ9.jpg

Last edited:
Rather simple : 7/7 & 24/24 pop all-brackets BGs (WSG AND AB), tons of groups always LFM for EVERY instances of the game (not only hl instances), tons of groups always LFM for EVERY zones elite quests, tons of groups always LFM in most zones for wpvp.

Simple as that.

Ok, but it also makes the world impossible to play in, which makes you only running dungeons 24/7 or be forced to wait for respawns like a ******, instead of actually playing the game as intended. I can't imagine how long it would take to do a quest with normal drops, not even thinking about those with shit drops, and not to mention any "farming" possible on that server. And not even considering the constant ganking that people rage about on their forums for my amusement. Sure it's good for instanced PvP, like stay all day in the city in queue for BGs, retail style. Which is not even bad, if that's what people are playing for...

As for the group quests, I have no idea what good is a group for when you have to wait 20 minutes for a respawn along with other 3 groups. It happened to me here like a month ago, I don't even want to imagine what happens there...

Just imagine yourself in December 2014. Everyone is hyped with Kronos and no one cares about some crappy server that will maybe launch soon. Problem solved - Kronos is the best choice. The only thing that have changed is - a lot of people have chosen to play ASAP...

But Kronos is still the best in the terms of quality, even those who're playing somewhere esle usually admit that. And Kronos population is quite good and rather Blizzlike. Stability is awesome. Professional bugtracker and alive developement.

Also - I'm not sure the competitor will always lead that much in terms of population... After all - we have BWL & ZG scripted already and they have nothing except their arrogance and populism :)

I moved back to Nostalrius because of the population. Yes, Kronos is better scripted, but not much better.
Seems like Kronos is (slowly) dying and Nostalrius is growing. It's really sad because Kronos is better scripted - they build up the hype, but Nost stole it.

Hope the best for you guys. I just could just not stand the ghost town Kronos is.

lol how is 1k+ people a ghost town? Have you ever played on private servers before?

Hope the best for you guys.
Why exaggerate then? "Personally I think that Kronos population, while bigger than any Vanilla private server had for 2004-2014, is a bit uncomfortable for something" != "Kronos is the ghost town".

Have a good game too. We'll miss your nice avatar picture.
No one was able to exploit for free levels, gold, or gear.
=p
https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=5218
I personally enchanted more than dozen of shields while /yell-ing in SW "Free spikes! Sponsored by Kronos"
This is definitely "free levels/free gold/free gear". Good to see you reported it anyway, and good to see it fixed.

Last edited:
it actually is sad.
"the other server" is not only scripted worse/has more bugs, it also has lag/delay and >5 disconnects every day.
also, the population is not only high, it is too high. its 3 times more than vanilla retail servers had.
this might be fun for LoL kids, but at this point the population starts ruining the vanilla experience.
there are so many ppl you can barely quest in the 1-30 zones, you always have to fight with your allies for quest-items or -mobs. sometimes even your questgiver gets killed by the opposite faction. and it even gets worse when you enter a contested area, where you do not only have to fight with your allies to get your quests done in less than 3x the time you usually would, now you also have to fight enemy players that sometimes are even >>5 levels above you and just came to fck you up and stop you from levelling.

so while you think ~1,2k on kronos is too low and a ghost town and you see it as a negative part of kronos, even tho its pretty much compareable with a medium populated vanilla retail server, having >6k players on a server is not any better. especially for levelling. i guess a population of ~3k players would be optimal.

unfortunately, neither kronos nor the other server has 3k players. but kronos definitly deserves more. we have less bugs, less lag, less disconnects and better scripting. obviously we also got some issues, GMs not answering game related issues like cross faction mounts and the distance NPCs chase you is way too short, but compared to the issues the other server has, they are less.

so do not think WOOOW 6K PPL SO MUCH FUN! - cause its not. it doesnt feel like vanilla anymore. and the lag/delay there is terrible. so if you want to play for the vanilla wow experience, you'll choose kronos.

Last edited:
so do not think WOOOW 6K PPL SO MUCH FUN! - cause its not

omg that bad faith :laugh:

You know 6-7K is at peak times ? Its usually 3-4k most of the time

While on Kronos WOOOW 400 online at off-peak so much fun to feel alone in big world

While on Kronos WOOOW 400 online at off-peak so much fun to feel alone in big world

Need to correct you here Kronos only shows one side that is 800 online and not 400 at non peak.

Ok, but it also makes the world impossible to play in, which makes you only running dungeons 24/7 or be forced to wait for respawns like a ******, instead of actually playing the game as intended. I can't imagine how long it would take to do a quest with normal drops, not even thinking about those with shit drops, and not to mention any "farming" possible on that server.
As for the group quests, I have no idea what good is a group for when you have to wait 20 minutes for a respawn along with other 3 groups. It happened to me here like a month ago, I don't even want to imagine what happens there...

Perhaps that you describe what happened when server launched. I dont know. My friends and I started to play 1 month after launch. And we didnt see that you describe. Currently, gameplay is very smooth (drops, respawn rate (with dynamic respawns), etc.) and always groups, groups, groups (dungeons, quests, BG, elite mobs, wpvp, etc.): i rediscovered the social part of this game.

I repeat, perhaps your description was right while it was during launch.

- - - Updated - - -

Also - I'm not sure the competitor will always lead that much in terms of population... After all - we have BWL & ZG scripted already and they have nothing except their arrogance and populism :)

The only thing I find curious is that on Nostalrius forums, there is not threads like this one where people try to convince themselves: "hey guys, we are the best server, the others are shit."

Lets simply play our fantastic game and enjoy it; no need ridiculous servers wars.

Last edited:
=p
https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=5218
I personally enchanted more than dozen of shields while /yell-ing in SW "Free spikes! Sponsored by Kronos"

On Nost the Beastslayer weapon enchant was giving spells x6 total damage, along with free unlimited gorilla spawns in STV and higher level undead troll spawns in EPL. Triggered spawns with no cooldown timer on being triggered. Peeps gaining levels in 5 man groups from 42-50 in 2 hours, then 50-60 in 6. Add to this the numerous bugged pickpocket targets for free Ironfoes & Sunrazors and the bugged instant respawning vault chest giving people 100-120gp per hour, with none of it being fixed within the first 3-4 weeks equals a mess Kronos never had.

Props to you for reporting the spike bug though.

I moved back to Nostalrius because of the population. Yes, Kronos is better scripted, but not much better.
Seems like Kronos is (slowly) dying and Nostalrius is growing. It's really sad because Kronos is better scripted - they build up the hype, but Nost stole it.

Hope the best for you guys. I just could just not stand the ghost town Kronos is.

Be a friend and make sure to report back to us on how that server side enforced minimum Draw Distance is working out for you, especially in PvP.

Last edited:
Perhaps that you describe what happened when server launched. I dont know. My friends and I started to play 1 month after launch. And we didnt see that you describe. Currently, gameplay is very smooth (drops, respawn rate (with dynamic respawns), etc.) and always groups, groups, groups (dungeons, quests, BG, elite mobs, wpvp, etc.): i rediscovered the social part of this game.

I'd like to know what level you and your friends are, as I reached cap on Nost and the pain of the uber high population never ended.

The only thing I find curious is that on Nostalrius forums, there is not threads like this one where people try to convince themselves: "hey guys, we are the best server, the others are shit."

Lets simply play our fantastic game and enjoy it; no need ridiculous servers wars.

That's not what this thread is about, it's a guy who asked for some convincing on why he should remain on Kronos, which inevitably leads to comparing it to its competition. This didn't spawn out of some group-think desire to bash other servers and circle-jerk.

If that's what you find "curious" about the Nos forums, you simply don't read them, because what you've stated here is an utter lie. I browse those forums all the time, to see the latest shady nonsense they have going on, and they are constantly trash-talking Kronos (a lot of posts regarding Kronos can get deleted, but the ones that remain are clearly and squarely aimed at Kronos, though they tend to be vague to avoid deletion, but it's obvious).

They call it the "fun-server" or bash on the low population in most cases, or say that we're all "babied" by the mods/gms because of strict rules/regulations.

Go to the WoW private server reddit, and you'll find it open without buffer there, from players who obviously play on Nos to players who obv play on Kronos. Don't for a second act like Nos is some righteous, guilt-less player in this "server war" you describe, because we can all see through that BS like a screen door.

You're kidding right? Have you even read the forums over there?

All you have to do there is say something negative about their server, and they attack you like you're their worst enemy, regardless weather you're right or wrong. Same goes to the sub-reddit. Say anything even mildly negative about Kronos or Nost and somebody's going to downvote you. It's pretty ridiculous really.

I'll never understand why so many people seem to feel the need to choose a server, support it no matter what, and at the same time bash every other server. It's like that whole damn "my dad's stronger than your dad" thing. Sigh..kids...

No, I actually read their forums all the time for my amusement. Of course, those people must be lying. Or whiners :laugh:

Of course if you like it, good for you. I don't like crowded places AT ALL. I hate the fucking "world PvP", which is just and ambush game of retards. I don't want to spend my 2-3 hours play sessions fighting for mobs and for drops with both factions or running like a motherfucker in ghost form again and again.

Groups? I can find groups here too. Maybe not for some fucked up elite quest in some far away shit zone, that nobody gives a fuck about, but dungeons? The world chat is full of them.

For my own experience, this server is perfect. Now for the server itself, it could benefit for more population, maybe then more people would donate. And that population better be on NA side. Other than that, with 1000+ online in the evening, I find it more than enjoyable. I mean I played on TR just before this and there were like 200 online both factions :w00t:

Hey if you want to convince yourself you made a good decision playing on Nos that's fine but please do it somewhere else.

We know pop is lower on Kronos but I'm pretty sure everyone is staying because:

1. Both servers are still very young, we know quality will win in the end
2. Community seems more tight-knit and less trollish here
3. We'd been waiting for Kronos to launch for all this time, not about to reward opportunistic "me-toos" just because they launched a month earlier

You must not have been around the forums before these servers launched. I understand I'm pointing a finger here, but Nost pretty much got all if its exposure from ripping on Kronos on these forums. Evididencd by the fact that this forum was super active in June last year, where Nost didn't have anything going on. Come around December, Nost people start filling up these forums, people check out Nost, they release first. That's pretty much the story of how Nost got its player base.

Kudos to Kronos for good scripting!

as stated before, quality always wins.

on top of that, if the folks that got this server up and going did this well on scripts, you know that they will continue to, and have the ability too. Other servers with bugs usually mean they don't have the skills or manpower to fix them, which also means good luck on future content working!

Kudos to Kronos for good scripting!

as stated before, quality always wins.

on top of that, if the folks that got this server up and going did this well on scripts, you know that they will continue to, and have the ability too. Other servers with bugs usually mean they don't have the skills or manpower to fix them, which also means good luck on future content working!

Cmon, this server has bugs too. In fact there are hundreds of bugs just waiting to be fixed on the bugtracker. I'd say it's more due to lack of manpower... it's hard to find enough people to correctly fix things very quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom