• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Convince me to stay on Kronos!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cmon, this server has bugs too. In fact there are hundreds of bugs just waiting to be fixed on the bugtracker. I'd say it's more due to lack of manpower... it's hard to find enough people to correctly fix things very quickly.

I've played other servers, not even close to this one, sorry.

You're selling Kronos short here. I've played with 2 friends on Nost and where I encountered 3 bugs only in Teldrassil and had quest with more complicated scripts like "The Blackwood Corrupted" not work at all or fixed with cheap workarounds Kronos just delivered. Let alone all the warlock and possibly other classes bugs on Nost.

But you're right, population feels like a medium server on retail. There are dozens of retail servers online with less population than Kronos with a faction balance of everything from 2:1 to 20:1 LMAO. https://realmpop.com/eu.html

I don't know where OP got the 200 player figure but if you look at the wowcensus thread you'll see that this ONLY happens at night if it even happens.

Not a chance that a retail server has that kind of pop lol

I caved in and tried out Nos these last few days because some of my former retail guild mates began playing there. I'm not going to mention the bugs because most of them I could deal with. Immersion-breaking and often inconvenient but not game-breaking as far as I could tell (only got to lvl 20). My ping was pretty good but I somehow feel like it must be fake because all of us experienced regular lags. But still not game-breaking.

But even so I honestly can't understand why anyone in their right mind would prefer the Nos experience. The ganking and corpsecamping alone ruined any potential fun. Most of the time we couldn't even do any quests thanks to everything being overcrowded and when we did manage to finish one we couldn't turn it in thanks to people killing all the npcs. And don't get me started on the community. Nos is basically /b/ in that regard. Racism, sexism, pedophilia, constant trolling.. you name it. We're german and I can't even tell how many times the nazi card was thrown around. The world chat is even worse, if you can believe it. I don't know how decent people (I'm sure there must be some on Nos, right?... right?) can deal with all that bullshit. Their ignore lists must be packed.

Anyway, we got to lvl 20 and I convinced most of my mates to switch to Kronos, so it's all good.

Now I understand why some say that we shouldn't try to attract the 4chan and reddit community. It would absolutely ruin the nice server atmosphere we have going here.

Sorry for the rant, I had to get it out of my system:p

You realise /who list shows ONLY YOUR FACTION PLAYERS? So in total it's usually 900-1300 online, not 400-500 like you're trying to tell people.

You realise /who list shows ONLY YOUR FACTION PLAYERS? So in total it's usually 900-1300 online, not 400-500 like you're trying to tell people.

Why don't you understand that the other factions isn't really relevant to forming dungeon groups or finding quest partners?

That's true, but the total server population is relevant in comparing the full content available in the 1.12.1 era vs. what retail servers had for the player count on them. Kronos is doing quite well, really. It has more players than 2006 era North American servers like Ravenholdt, Twisting Nether, and some others from that time. Cenarian Circle, etc were the power houses for pops with the 2.5k cap being pushed.

Regardless of people wanting to admit it or not, we are getting a steady flow of players from other servers. I think this is really cool, but I'll agree it's the NA crowd that we need like 300-500 more of, just so that time span during the day is more solid. The problem is many USA players have been told lies like Kronos is Pay to Win, or that the hosts and players don't speak English, or that it isn't any better than other servers so why not go for the one with more population?

It's depressing, but it's something at least that NA players themselves can try to solve through advertising with their own efforts.

I wouldn't. I even prefer to play on NA times so I can actually have some mobs for myself and don't bother about a dozen of bored gankers or god knows what PvP heroes decide to jump me when I'm the most vulnerable. I especially love those rogues that ambush me for 80% of my life, as if they couldn't just come on plain sight and kill me with a steak fork :w00t:

I wouldn't.

Same here. Kronos feels very busy already to be honest. Common questing zones are often filled with PvP.

Maybe the server could go up to 1500 or 2000 tops, but the 1000 - 1200 at peak times at the moment is plenty and I'd be okay if it never changed. The 6000+ on Nostal sounds terrible.

A few hundred more during peak times would be great but even then it'd get close to feeling a little overpopulated. But the population can go nuts once I hit 60 for all I care :p

Same here. Kronos feels very busy already to be honest. Common questing zones are often filled with PvP.

Maybe the server could go up to 1500 or 2000 tops, but the 1000 - 1200 at peak times at the moment is plenty and I'd be okay if it never changed. The 6000+ on Nostal sounds terrible.

Considering Kronos is meant for an international audience I'd say that's quite shortsighted of you to be so inconsiderate to the NA players who have literally a dead server to log in to at their peak hours.

1500-2000 more people as you've just stated would put Kronos at more than the 3,000 figure that I said would be great for us.

It really is pretty dumb to be against having more people in almost any sense. I left Nost because I didn't like the overcrowding, but we are far from the threshold of not needing people like they are.

Last edited:
Considering Kronos is meant for an international audience I'd say that's quite shortsighted of you to be so inconsiderate to the NA players who have literally a dead server to log in to at their peak hours.

1500-2000 more people as you've just stated would put Kronos at more than the 3,000 figure that I said would be great for us.

It really is pretty dumb to be against having more people in almost any sense. I left Nost because I didn't like the overcrowding, but we are far from the threshold of not needing people like they are.

Are you always this dramatic and insulting when people express their opinions? Relax, guy.

Regardless, we're referring to users concurrently logged in. Our opinions aren't exclusive if you're referring to different times. I would be happy for US players to be happy given that most of my guild is US players.

Also I said "up to 1500 - 2000", not "increased by 1500 - 2000".

Are you always this dramatic and insulting when people express their opinions? Relax, guy.

Regardless, we're referring to users concurrently logged in. Our opinions aren't exclusive if you're referring to different times. I would be happy for US players to be happy given that most of my guild is US players.

Also I said "up to 1500 - 2000", not "increased by 1500 - 2000".
I raid in an NA guild and I would love to see probably a couple hundred extra US players alliance side.

I am JST time zone (Japan), so I see both peak hours, and neither one is delightful from my perspective. I'd take an extra couple hundred on both regional time zone windows.

The last post about the 300 new players doesn't really reflect the reality. The population in the EU peak hours is more or less the same as i was in the last weeks, in fact I think it's a little lower. Same with NA. I was in a guild that's mostly dead, and before I left I looked at the last online status, and, oh boy, it looked terrible. This guild was pretty alive just 3-4 weeks ago, with dozens of players online, today there were TWO. Some people indeed have left, but most just stopped playing. And if they stop playing for 7-10 days or more, pretty sure most of them they won't come back.

So while 300 new people might have come on board, a lot of people are leaving at the same time, and I don't think they're leaving because of the population, but because of the actual game. The so called "rose tinted glasses" effect is not a legend :w00t:

The last post about the 300 new players doesn't really reflect the reality. The population in the EU peak hours is more or less the same as i was in the last weeks, in fact I think it's a little lower. Same with NA. I was in a guild that's mostly dead, and before I left I looked at the last online status, and, oh boy, it looked terrible. This guild was pretty alive just 3-4 weeks ago, with dozens of players online, today there were TWO. Some people indeed have left, but most just stopped playing. And if they stop playing for 7-10 days or more, pretty sure most of them they won't come back.

So while 300 new people might have come on board, a lot of people are leaving at the same time, and I don't think they're leaving because of the population, but because of the actual game. The so called "rose tinted glasses" effect is not a legend :w00t:

Most players love population. It's not difficult maths to see while Kronos population is staying stable and decreasing slightly, Nos is quickly expanding

zipzo ,that is not about ms is about server lag , ms has nothing to do with it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom