• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Emerald Dragons Implementation

Status
Not open for further replies.

brakez

The announced method of implementation for the Emerald Dragons (independent respawn timers) is inherently unblizzlike, and will make it nearly impossible for any guild not named <Vanguard> to ever get a kill. Because they take world spawns much more seriously than any other guild, they will have summoning teams camped out at each of the four possible spawn locations, and it won't matter where the dragon spawns--VG will have a full raid group summoned there within several minutes. No other guild (unless Synced gets its act together) will respond as quickly to a spawn (in large part because there are four potential locations to watch), meaning there won't be any pvp, and there will be little-to-no opportunity for any other guild to kill them!

At least with blizzlike spawns (all four spawn at the same time) more than one guild would have an opportunity to get a kill, because Vanguard obviously can't have a raid group at all four locations simultaneously. It's the fair way to do it, and obviously stays consistent with retail vanilla.

Please reconsider the spawn implementation now, and avoid all the future whining that will undoubtedly ensue when Vanguard is the only guild that has killed a dragon, months after they start spawning.

Wait what I thought it was only my guild that cried about this stuff? Who are you?

I think most people in Vanguard also think that it would be better if all dragons spawned at the same time from the start.

I also suggest to not spawn them at a certain day but to simply start the random timer on that day.

Apparently the devs have decided that non-Blizzlike content is the best way to bring in pop. A horrible decision.

On the contrary one could say spawning all 4 at random times would give Coral&Vanguard a distinct advantage as they are the only ones who actively track world bosses in a serious manner. (except Peasemold but all he does is kill lvl 1 alts)

But if entire server is waiting for a dragon spawn, and its spawn timer is well known, AND if it doesnt spawn in Duskwood, there is no way in hell a guild can get a sneaky kill. (Unless ofc, if a guild is good enough to kill a boss like Lethon on first try without pulling him down the platform, they would deserve the kill and i'd tip my hat off to them)

Pic not related at all

Last edited:
On the contrary one could say spawning all 4 at random times would give Coral&Vanguard a distinct advantage as they are the only ones who actively track world bosses in a serious manner.

But how is that an argument. :\

I mean, if you want them, you put in the effort to get them. If you don't, you lose them. Can't get simpler than that.

If you release them at a particular time & date that are known then you skip all the preparation and jump right into zerg battle.

Last edited:
Yeah there will be a zerg battle and thats what i am saying. You most likely wont get a free sneaky Dragon kill(at least the first kills), unlike what OP says.

I still cant see a point we disagree? not like im the one complaining about world boss kills, lol. I'm actually rooting for you guys since horde got that azu kill..

Apparently the devs have decided that non-Blizzlike content is the best way to bring in pop. A horrible decision.

I'm still wondering and waiting for while sipping on my dark roasted coffee every single day the day people will understand that fully blizz-like private server will never exist nor work, this one, nostril, peenix is not blizz-like, you can although make a adapted blizz-like version in a positive way like Kronos.
This will help Kronos much more then it will hurt Kronos. period.

Yeah there will be a zerg battle and thats what i am saying. You most likely wont get a free sneaky Dragon kill(at least the first kills), unlike what OP says.

There won't be any zerg battle, in most circumstances. Unless game staff decides to specify which of the four locations the first dragon will spawn at, horde will not be organized enough to pose any pvp threat. Vanguard will have a summoning team camped at each location, horde will not. Might there possibly be a bunch of horde roaming around looking for ganks in Ashenvale? I could see that, sure, but not at all four locations. If it doesn't spawn in Ashenvale, Vanguard will kill it well before horde will even get there.

There won't be any zerg battle, in most circumstances. Unless game staff decides to specify which of the four locations the first dragon will spawn at, horde will not be organized enough to pose any pvp threat. Vanguard will have a summoning team camped at each location, horde will not. Might there possibly be a bunch of horde roaming around looking for ganks in Ashenvale? I could see that, sure, but not at all four locations. If it doesn't spawn in Ashenvale, Vanguard will kill it well before horde will even get there.
I cannot wrap my head around all the whine about VG getting world bosses. I simply don't bellieve, that if the horde guilds' GMs make some sort of pact, that the horde would not be able to contest them. All I see is whining on forums for some technical go-around to even the forces. What if Vangurad had 150 members, and camped all spawn points, should the GMs force Vanguard to split into several guilds, or what? I simply does not understand people's logic in this matter. But it for sure is getting more and more ridiculous with every new thread.

The world bosses are intended to go to the fastest and strongest of guilds. If you wanna beat them, you have to make an effort, not create threads on how to cripple them. Geez

The purpose of this thread was to bring attention to the fact that the announced unblizzlike method of implementation for the dragons plays right into the hand of the guild that already has/had a serious advantage over everyone else. No one is asking for some technical work-around--perhaps you misread the previous posts? All we (apparently Vanguard is including themselves in this as well) want is for the dragons to all four spawn at the same time, just like they did in retail.

I think that announcing the spawn time ahead of time is a good idea.

I don't think doing this will be beneficial for Vanguard in terms of kills though, quite the opposite. What will happen now is that we will likely get a huge fight over the dragon, probably lasting a long while. A lot of people would enjoy this I think, even those who maybe usually do not care much for world boss spawns, which is why I think it's a good decision.

I think the expanded introduction time is way overkill though, I would announce the spawn time of the first dragon, have an enormous fight (á la "Valentines Day Massacre") and then have the regular spawn timer for all four dragons start when he dies. This way we get the big world pvp fight that the devs seem to want, and then quickly return to the "correct" system.

With War Effort being released together with big dragons, you are severely limiting the number of kills anyone can get before AQ launches, while their main purpose is to actually prepare people for AQ with some NR gear and a few other BiS items.

Please make them spawn all 4 from the start.

I cannot wrap my head around all the whine about VG getting world bosses. I simply don't bellieve, that if the horde guilds' GMs make some sort of pact, that the horde would not be able to contest them. All I see is whining on forums for some technical go-around to even the forces. What if Vangurad had 150 members, and camped all spawn points, should the GMs force Vanguard to split into several guilds, or what? I simply does not understand people's logic in this matter. But it for sure is getting more and more ridiculous with every new thread.

The world bosses are intended to go to the fastest and strongest of guilds. If you wanna beat them, you have to make an effort, not create threads on how to cripple them. Geez

There has been many attempts at this. Agony and Friends are all raid loggers, my contacts in both of these guilds have unsuccessfully been able to rally any kind of support for months so we cannot have a strong NA-EU crossover. Arcanum does not care about world bosses or pve in general and the only person I ever got to even come out was Maredsan. Ancient Brotherhood and Arcanite Circle speak broken english and are generally not organized for PVE at all and Paradigm is only available when we already have a full raid.

Onslaught has been routinely the only horde guild to challenge the Alliance for world boss kills (even when we know we're wasting everyones time) and believe me when I say that reaching a pact with multiple horde guilds has been attempted many times but the interest isn't there.

There has been many attempts at this. Agony and Friends are all raid loggers, my contacts in both of these guilds have unsuccessfully been able to rally any kind of support for months so we cannot have a strong NA-EU crossover. Arcanum does not care about world bosses or pve in general and the only person I ever got to even come out was Maredsan. Ancient Brotherhood and Arcanite Circle speak broken english and are generally not organized for PVE at all and Paradigm is only available when we already have a full raid.

Onslaught has been routinely the only horde guild to challenge the Alliance for world boss kills (even when we know we're wasting everyones time) and believe me when I say that reaching a pact with multiple horde guilds has been attempted many times but the interest isn't there.
Sad to hear that, it would be nice to see more guilds participate in this, but I can understand how a lot of people do not find much interest in spending several hours in the world boss fights on a "not-raid" day with other IRL stuff, hobbies and such.

Sad to hear that, it would be nice to see more guilds participate in this, but I can understand how a lot of people do not find much interest in spending several hours in the world boss fights on a "not-raid" day with other IRL stuff, hobbies and such.

Honestly, the most common argument I've come across for horde guilds not wanting to bother is they don't want to put up with the, from their perspective, bullshit regarding summon alts and what have you. Not much anyone can do to change that mindset, I know.

It would be great to have equal competition on both sides for these stupid bosses but unless something drastically changes within the EU horde it's very unlikely. I'm not even American, I live in the UK. So you can imagine it gets annoying seeing world bosses spawn during EU peak and no horde responds (or are even aware most of the time).

I know I have been very vocal and antagonistic on these forums regarding world bosses but I'm tired. I fully accept the only chance my guild has at getting world boss kills is during peak NA times and then only if the response from alliance is slow or staggered.

I'd say good luck with the dragons but I think it's fairly certain an alliance guild will take them.

I've said this multiple time on gchat and I'll say it again here, this will not by contested by horde guilds unless something drastically changes.(which I don't see happening)

A guild has contacted us for world bosses, and I can only imagine both parties mutual disappointment when only about 10 people from each guild show up.
But perhaps there lies the answer, there are people that are willing to contest.
Go around guilds and make a group from the active individuals that are willing to go the extra mile.
You know most rankers will show up(if you summon the lazy bums), and in 10 minutes you can find who is willing to put in the effort from content clearing guilds.

Last edited:

All of my WAT.
Horde has a lot more PvP players by far, how come they arent interested in contesting world bosses?

(okay so contesting for world bosses against enemy faction count as PvE now, great)

All of my WAT.
Horde has a lot more PvP players by far, how come they arent interested in contesting world bosses?

(okay so contesting for world bosses against enemy faction count as PvE now, great)

PvPers that are spread out in various guilds and timezones, and few that speak broken English.
World bosses are mostly are a outside game communication gig(FB/Skype/TS/mumble etc), which almost never happens even between our guildies outside of raid days.
Now imagine trying to coordinate this many people with these variables involved but only using ingame chat...
You might as well herd cats.

Last edited:
All of my WAT.

Because it gives almost no honor.

Its a huge waste of time. Thats why.
The few items that are a reasonable upgrade are not worth the hassle.

Nightmare Dragons are a different story as their nature resistance gear is very useful for AQ.

What I'd just like to point out (change of subject) is that, according to WoW timeline, Nightmare Dragons were released at 10th of October. The next patch was War Effort with AQ at 3rd of January. This is roughly 3 months apart.

I know that I shouldn't think in a blizzlike way but 3 months is a lot of dragons and a lot of time to gear tanks / melee with NR gear for specific fights in AQ. Quoting from Chero on the news post:

"Starting one week after the arrival of the first nightmare dragon, all of Azeroth will be asked to help gather as many resources as they can muster in a War Effort to help open up the gates of Ahn’Qiraj."

What I'm trying to say is that it's all coming too fast, for a reason blizzard had some time between patch, so people could try new content and get the rewards from it. What will happen after AQ is released? There's literally only Naxxramas left am I right?

If this was brought up already I am sorry, I just want to hear your thoughts about it! Nevertheless, I'm quite hyped for the upcoming content!

@excy, dunno what your estimation is, but i don't think we as a server would be able to finish the war effort in the same time that servers did back then. i guess it will take us quite a lot longer assuming that it's un-nerfed.

like who's gonna farm all those peaceblooms, light/medium leathers or copper bars ... all the low level shit? i think it's gonna take a long time till it's finished unless it getting nerfed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom