• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

[Horde] Early-Party Recruit

Cr0wL0ck

-----------------------------------------------------Greeting's---------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---I am looking for a dependable group of player's to level, gear and play alongside, i am looking --------------
---for some whointend to be very active (not just casual 1 hour a day), the team will be running ---------------
---the"shadow setup" listedbelow:​--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---Starting:
We start the first day the server launches but since we don't know when, it is ok to be 1-2 days late as long as you catch up fast, we are not 100% power leveling but the aim is still to get to level 60 and get BiS as soon as possible. I know the server might first launch on the very last day of Fall but this is just a recruitment so we are ready and can start well prepared :wink:.

---Reserved:
Warlock - Affliction ---: Cr0wL0ck
Warlock - Demonology: funfox
[COLOR=#ffffffff]Priest[/COLOR] ---- Shadow ----: Hugtand
[COLOR=#ffffffff]Priest[/COLOR] ---- Discipline --: Terefinz
Warrior-- Protection --: Joesus

Backup:
Warlock -: Guessilldps
[COLOR=#ffffffff]Priest[/COLOR] ---:
Warrior-: Bastion, delicateswarm

Note:
We need more tank's if we want to make more setups or a guild, and if we find an active Tauren tank then he can replace Bastion who wishes to play undead for some cosmetic reasons as the new main tank of the setup.:wink:
Requirements: Friendly - Active - speak/write English.

---Setup:
Warlock - Affliction:

Shadow%
Shadow Mastery + Demonic Sacrifice = 25%

Curse%
Amplify Curse + Improved Curse of Agony = (agony + 50%) + 6%

Group bonus
Curse of Shadow + Shadow Weaving = 35%

Occasional Bonus
Improved Shadow Bolt + Power Infusion = 40%

Warlock - Demonology:

Shadow%
Master Demonologist + Curse of Shadow = 20%

Crit Bonus
Devastation + Ruin = 5% crit, 100% crit bonus

Group Bonus
Shadow Weaving = 15%

Occasional Bonus
Improved Shadow Bolt = 20%
The Black Book = 100%

[COLOR=#ffffffff]Priest[/COLOR] ---- Shadow:

Shadow%
Darkness + Shadow Weaving + Shadowform = 40%

Group Shadow bonus
Curse of Shadow = 30%

Occasional Bonus
Improved Shadow Bolt = 20%

[COLOR=#ffffffff]Priest[/COLOR] ---- Discipline:

Group Bonus Healing
Vampiric Embrace

Occasional Bonus
Soulstone

Warrior -- Protection:

Occasional Bonus
Soulstone

Note: Warrior will start out in arm/furry until he reaches lvl 48-55+ where he changes to Protection in order to level better in dungeons.

---Tactic:
DPS: the damage trio all benefit each other more or less.

The affliction warlock sacrifices the succubus to gain as much shadow damage as possible, the damage starts out low but ends up peaking once the debuffs and buffs are in place.

The Demonology warlock depends on the succubus to deal a lot of his damage but aside from that he hits hard and crits benefit the debuffs of his allies majorly in addition to the curse of shadows.

The Shadow Priest deals fast shadow damage and benefits the group with an additional bonus to shadow damage.

Healing:

The Shadow Priest also adds a passive healing to the group, reducing the amount of healing the healer needs to provide although it generates extra threat so it shouldn't be used before the tank has control.

The Discipline Priest shields the party and prevents anyone from dying, occasionally power infuses the affliction when fighting a large durable boss.

Tanking:

The Protection Warrior caries the burden of managing threat but is secured gaining any loot he could possibly use/desire. Worst case the group can additionally reduce damage by up to 96,5 for each hit. making the tank almost invincible.

---Race:
Faction: Horde

Warlock - Affliction: Undead (Cannibalize)
Warlock - Demonology: Orc (Command)
[COLOR=#ffffffff]Priest[/COLOR] ---- Shadow: Undead (Devouring Plague + Touch of Weakness)
[COLOR=#ffffffff]Priest[/COLOR] ---- Discipline: Troll (Hex of Weakness + Shadowguard + Berserking + Regeneration)
Warrior -- Protection: Tauren (Enduarance + War Stomp)

---Loot:
Since this group consists of 4 clothies there will be times when they need the same, the warrior on the other-hand will get all the gear he can use.

Affliction:
primary: Shadow damage
Secondary: Intelligence

Demonology:
Primary: Intelligence, Crit
Secondary Shadow Damage

Shadow:
primary: Intelligence, Crit
Secondary: Shadow damage, MP5

Discipline:
primary: Spirit, MP5, Healing+
Secondary: Intelligence

---Goal:
Becoming close in-game friend's, enjoying the nostalgia feeling while aiming to get ready for Raiding/PvP as soon as possible. :biggrin:

---Future:
At the current time there are no future plans, the setup might also change when we start raiding but if everything goes well, then we might even make our own guild depending on progress and how it goes or join someone else, but well stick together.:wink:

---Note:
I put in quite a bit of time into this thread, so please do not troll or derail it with questions, i would appreciate it if you would respect this since i would have to "report" your reply otherwise. So if you got something to say then send me a message and i will respon.:biggrin:

Last edited:
I really like this!

If I planned on rolling horde I would TOTALLY join y'all ;)
BUT, I haven't played alliance before, and would like to try new things on Kronos.

Best of luck!

Hey Crowlock

I would love to tank for you all and will try to be available fulltime during launch. (undead warr though^^)
Let me know what you think.
-Bastion

PS: Wouldn't mage be better than sp? since the sp will be oom always:)

Also waiting out the verdict on the xp rates before i get hyped. i feel like x1 is gonna be a huge mistake player base wise. ( x2 or x3 would be the sweetspot everybody can be happy with imo)

Last edited by a moderator:
Also waiting out the verdict on the xp rates before i get hyped. i feel like x1 is gonna be a huge mistake player base wise. ( x2 or x3 would be the sweetspot everybody can be happy with imo)

In the FAQ it states it will be 1x rates.

I can only speak for myself. But if it's not 1x rates, I won't be playing.

- - - Updated - - -

Mage is better choice, imo. Food and water makes your way much easier.

I totally agree with 1x rates (offtopic)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Crowlock

I would love to tank for you all and will try to be available fulltime during launch. (undead warr though^^)
Let me know what you think.
-Bastion

PS: Wouldn't mage be better than sp? since the sp will be oom always:)

a spriest will go oom fast, thats why his priority primary isn't shadow power but int + crit similar to the demonology. not to mention he needs to get shadow damage wand's asap so once he debuffed the target considering the 25% wand buff + the shadow amplifiers the damage would still hurt "a lot" :wink:.

but it is true if a party size was 6, i would deff get a mage for their Amplify Magic. so when we start raiding a mage would deferentially be a wise choice, but at the current time a spriest with debuff's passive heal and the insane wand would definitely make the best in a shadow setup :wink:

+ the group would have 2x Soulstone and 2x Resurrection. food/water can be bought before a run since it barely costs anything, and drops from barrels around the world.

Last edited:
them triple replies. Btw I would hate to be the healer for that group..
Why ?
a warrior tank, the best there is + off-healing from the group. as long as tank keeps threat it would be a decent/easy job to take care of healing, and worst case the spriest could swap quickly to assist, you getting soulstoned and wouldntbe the only resser for a group etc. i cannot see any negative aspect there as healer.

I mean the constant life taps would make me crazy :D As a paladin it would be fine, but you will be horde

the lifetaps are countered by the vampiric from the shadow priest, + the affliction wouldn't need it since he's got cannibalism and life drain debuff and spell. Also since shadow dmg is improved so much the vampiric effect's will be increased as well.

+ warlocks have drain life, and bandages are plentifull so considering it all i cannot see much of an issue in it :D

Aggro works on Kronos. Your tank will have a hard time no matter how you put it. Having Vampiric Embrace up is bane for warriors. Especially when you have 2 locks in group and VE constantly heals them. This will ge the spriest a rediculous amount of threat. Not to tell that once the tank tries to get mobs from the spriest the locks might have already gotten the aggro from all the others.

Personally I prefer mixed groups where people don't need the same gear.

Priest
Mage
Hunter
Rogue
Warrior

That would be my choice.

If I understand well, you're also planning to keep the same group once 60 in order to farm BiS ?

If I understand well, you're also planning to keep the same group once 60 in order to farm BiS ?

Correct, the setup of talents might change a bit once we begin raiding but until then it will continue like this.

as said in the "goal". becoming close in-game friends who often raid and play together :wink:

Personally I prefer mixed groups where people don't need the same gear.

Priest
Mage
Hunter
Rogue
Warrior

yes but a shadow setup benefit's each-other much more, as well as being more or less immune to wiping, the one with primary on a specific stat gets the gear and otherwise there will be a roll between them. if no one with primary needs it goes to if anyone has secondary etc.

once the group gets to the point where they are ready to raid they will mix in other classes ofc. but so far this is the setup which benefits each other the most in a 5-man setup :wink:.

note: i am considering to startup a guild-webpage but at the current time i want to get together a good decent group who can co-operate :smile:

Last edited:
Well, farming a full BiS is always long and from what I can see in the composition of your group only Tank and Healer will benefit from gear without rolling compared to other clothies. In my opinion, this could be really frustrating if you had to roll against 3 players all the time. Even if leveling is faster, I don't think it is worth doing this and maybe could it be longer than a varied group when it comes to BiS farm.

Moreover Fears are far to be the best CC in PvE, if they are scripted like Retail then they could lead to a possible disaster because of their instability. In fact the only stable CC will be the one from Priest and it's only usable against Undead. Your group could have some hard time handling many mobs at the same time.

CC: Fear + Terror + Mind Control + Shackle
Gear: true but that has been sorted as to who will have primary right's, and even if you didn't then you would always get in a group where you would fight with the rest so it makes no change since that is part of rolling, gearing and playing in vanilla. And yes your setup would be best for gear but their attacks don't benefit each other aside from the rogue/warrior when they reduce armor, their price is however that they would wipe once the priest dies and later on in BRD or such a wipe can be critical meaning you would have to restart.

the setup here is based on what classes work best together in the long term run, it improves co-operation if they work together and they benefit from each other rather than just happy being the only with that type of gear, i aim to become close in-game friends with the group and not just level or do 1-3 dungeons with them. So being social and understanding would be great.

if all dps benefit from bursting down the same target, then it reduces the chance of a dps thinking i can do this alone and bursting a random enemy splitting threat and making it harder for the tank, this team is supposed to consist of team work rather than egoism where they only care about themself :wink:

Hope you will find what you want. I'm still a bit sceptical even if I understand your point.

:mellow:

Why not resto shaman insteant of priest )?
Resto shaman would be fine, also resto druid but since the group gets a good amount of passive aoe healing the most mana saving and least threat would be caused by a disc priest + the disc priest could gain (Hex of Weakness + Shadowguard ) extra as a troll, being able to further reduce the enemy damage alongside the warriors shout, the affliction weakness curse and the shadow priests undead weakening debuff, it would all sum up to 96,5 damage reduction which could be used vs enemies that are normally too hard. true a shaman has their totems but they dont have any absorb.

personally i wouldn't mind switching the disc with a resto shamy tho :wink:.

I still think u overstimate a bit the thing,levelling is very easy with a gruop of 5 ,but i will suggest u to switch out the spriest for a mage ,food and water is must + portal

Yeah a bit of offtopic theorycrafting hope you wont mind, was trying to find the most optimal group, in terms of gearing, dps etc.

Hpaly (Rsham if not alliance, just hpaly is a bit better)
Feral(tank)
Fury
Warlock
Mage

You get more armor types for easier gearing, a tank that can dps outside of dungeons, and has no problems holding aggro with thorns+retri aura, overall a lot better option than warrior(in 5mans), and the fury can collect prot items for raids freely, while druid picks up the leftover heal items. Unlimited healing output with blessing of light, unlimited food if needed. Basically am unstoppable group.

I would picture this as the most ideal 5man setup for levels and 5mans

Last edited:
please do not take this thread more off-topic than it already has become :crying:.

the thread wasn't meant as a discussion of class vs class what is best in a setup but rather "recruiting" fitting players for the listed roles :biggrin:

Well yeah, but I personally dislike hunters, they dont bring anything as far as I know, and I think they dont benefit from battle shout or the feral crit aura, not 100% sure though

Greetings! I could take the role of the Orc Demonology Warlock since thats what Im planing to specialize in while leveling.:smile: Name will be same as my forum account name.

Not sure if it's taken, but I'm rolling Undead Shadowpriest and I'd like to join you!

PS. jeg er også fra Danmark af :)

Top Bottom