• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

[Horde] Early-Party Recruit

Absolutley not Grimnarash!! That is the worst advice ever! Leveling as a protection warrior in vanilla will slow you down INSANELY! If you watched "Lore" from ZamOfficial, you can hear him in an episode talking about leveling in vanilla as a protection warrior, and it was brutal.

Your damage will be severely reduced, while the talents do not provide that much extra survivability compared to the damage increase you get from the DPS specs.

It is 100% best to go with either Arms or Fury depending on playstyle and weapons that you may have.

Protection/tanking on retail is so far from what is was in Vanilla that it can not be compared in anyway. Even if you go back to any of the expansions, Vanilla tanking was something of it's own.

Absolutley not Grimnarash!! That is the worst advice ever! Leveling as a protection warrior in vanilla will slow you down INSANELY! If you watched "Lore" from ZamOfficial, you can hear him in an episode talking about leveling in vanilla as a protection warrior, and it was brutal.

Your damage will be severely reduced, while the talents do not provide that much extra survivability compared to the damage increase you get from the DPS specs.

It is 100% best to go with either Arms or Fury depending on playstyle and weapons that you may have.

could be true

Believe what you want, i had a friend who tried protection back in 2005 while leveling a warrior, and if you are not strongly geared, it really is a huge downside. The AoE damage is low, the single target dps is low aswell. Stats aren't as powerful in the lower level items thus not being as rewarding. I tell you as an advice that it will be not be an easy path to take.

One question Crow. What time are you all planning to lvl in, because I feel that could be an issue for getting a functional group if people are coming from different time zones. I, for instance, am in the -7 GMT time zone which is western Canada. And my availability would be around 5pm-4am daily my time. This would be like 1am - 11am Central Euro Time. Doesn't seem like this would work if you or group members reside in Europe.

i am from -1 GMT but yes correct you got a point there :wink: but for me it barely matters what time of the day as long as its not during work hours :smile:.

but as many already know where far from the release and some might jump from the ship and come back some months later, i guess the best would be if a guild was formed around it but there still needs to be a few more tank/heal signup's for that to be considered :biggrin:

If the recruitment reaches a total of 10+ stable member's from both primary & setup group then i will start a guild recruitment

---Update:

Grimnarash & his friend have decided to roll shaman + hunter so they will be replaced with the current backup.

Funfox will take up the role as the new Demonology - Warlock & Terefinz will be the new Discipline - Priest.

note: Grimnarash will still play alongside us but not in the shadow team, it is likely that i will just start a guild once i get some time to make a dedicated guild website so we can have more and so we can raid etc.

Last edited:
I was thinking about rolling alliance, but after seeing this post, i might be considered rolling horde.

I would have no problem being Tauren and would be interested in MT

---Update:
Considering that bastion is rolling undead, which is most efficient as caster and not tank/melee i will put you up on the recruitment.

even if you all want to tank there will still be more than plenty loot for that category or groups to join since we most likely are forming a guild looking at the thread's progress. :wink:

Last edited:
I will be there at launch, planning on starting a warlock, so I might as well go demonology :smile: Feel free to add me to the backup list. My in-game name will be the same as my forum name.

Welcome :laugh:

you have hereby been added to the backup, and as said before it is likely that we are making a guild judging by how many are signing up even those who arent on backup/recruit due to different classes etc. :wink:

Welcome :laugh:

you have hereby been added to the backup, and as said before it is likely that we are making a guild judging by how many are signing up even those who arent on backup/recruit due to different classes etc. :wink:

Thanks! :biggrin:

A guild would be nice as well :yes:

yup but first i gotta find some excess time to make a guild-page

atm i am working a lot overtime + i study chinese + i find/fix/improve old 1.12.1 addons and try to make a decent recommended package with addons that anyone would wanna have as minimum. And i try to keep my own personal website's up to date, i play retail wow and i am active on kronos forums.

but i will find the time for it, even if i have to compromise at the start :wink:

*poke*

since we will soon be getting a new ETA as well as the open beta i thought it appropriate to show that heres a horde premade ready to lvl and play pvp/pve content and that if we exceed what we need we can always make it a guild so sign up if you are interested :wink:

Top Bottom