• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

How is our future?

Fatra

Hello guys,
I have been playing on rival server for a month and i decided to try out Kronos, because of major bugs of the rival server. Casting trough walls, super easy instances....(but it is really fun to kill more players of opposing fraction then mobs for quests.)

There were really many players on launch day. But now theres up to 800 people on aliance. And it makes me sad and worried, that there will be no more new players.
And worse, when i look at players in my guild. It seems half of guild are players, that they have never before played vanilla and they constantly complain how hard is leveling and will probably soon leave.

It also seems to me, theres majority of Czech and Slovak players. (many of them abuse world chat with their mother language). If this goes on, we can easly end up on 800 online players total.

What do you guys think about it?
Will we stay at current pop?
Will Kronos be number one server after some time?

once you get a taste of big pop its difficult to play on small server. year ago i would have been content with 800 on one side

I have seen very few phrases in CZ/SK. There were also a guy advertising Balkanian guild in non-English. Most usual non-English I saw is Russian, sadly. Some our people just can't behave decently.
But it's all not often.

We have a good population. Today we have a good stability - if it'll be good in the future, playerbase will grow. Not to 777k ofc, but we have and will have enough people for a great game. If nothing bad will happen.

There's nothing wrong with the population, 2k+ is better then the majority of servers out there. The mechanics of the server are far greater than anything going. Stop fretting, and just enjoy.

Oh and I hardly ever see any none English chat in general/trade

Play what you want to play in terms of features and quality, being blinded by pop numbers is what kept feenix on top all those years, without deserving it. Didn't we all play there or on molten at some point?

Kronos offers me the server where I like the maturity of the community and the features (detailed bug tracker + database) and the vision of the devs. It is also financially stable and will not have to request donations after 1 month (who didn't see that coming on nostrils?).

Out of ten active vanilla private servers it is the second largest, is it that bad? Every server has pros and cons, but for me kronos has the biggest potential to grow in the future.

Last edited:
Uhm... You do realize that vanilla was made for 2500 per server? More then that and it becomes one giant clusterfuck. Third day and horde is doing the same... peaking 1100+ at 9-10 PM. Those who complain that will leave... Don't worry other newcomers will change places. Also if chero keeps fixing stuff like this in a month we will keep seeing steady increase in amount of players due to people bringing their friends and others in. Also It's tuesday. On tuesday it peaks 1100 on horde... Hell I don't think that number of players peaked on my retail server!

2k online + minor bugs + zero delay > 6k online + major bugs + constant delay during peak times

also current kronos online during EU times is not a thing to worry about, cause its pretty ok for freshly started project

Last edited:
What worries me are the rollbacks. They are huge. Apart from that, great server indeed.

What worries me are the rollbacks. They are huge. Apart from that, great server indeed.

Expect the first week to be a big stress test. In theory you can fix as much as you find before the launch but once the server has a lot of people playong on it problems occur which wouldnt happen otherwise.
A few more days probably and Kronos will reach stable 2 days without a crash :)

Define huge?
I play about 4 hours a day, and have experienced 2 rollbacks since launch. Both were about 5-10 minutes rollbacks.

You might have had a diffrent experience, i don't know. :mellow:

Define huge?
I play about 4 hours a day, and have experienced 2 rollbacks since launch. Both were about 5-10 minutes rollbacks.

You might have had a diffrent experience, i don't know. :mellow:

A 5-10 min rollback is huge, imagine killing geddon, looting a binding and get a rollback like this. Then you'll find it huge all of the sudden. So naive, so naive.

Yea, rollbacks are a bit... Incomfortable. But if they'll fix DCs frequency - I see no problem with 5-10 minutes rollback twice a week or something. Those who'd be unlucky enough to get something important lost... Shit happens :)

A 5-10 min rollback is huge, imagine killing geddon, looting a binding and get a rollback like this. Then you'll find it huge all of the sudden. So naive, so naive.

But this isn't really the case is it?
Hopefully it'll get fixed before something like that happends. I've had a character rolled back months on other servers.
Just trying to put things into perspective. If that constitutes being naive, then sure, you can call me that :)

Why do you think rollbacks etc will still be a problem in 4-6 weeks? Admittedly, the other server had problems with crashes and rollbacks for 2-3 weeks but I think they will be fixed alot sooner here :)

Just manually log and in again if you get anything of note for the 1st week or 2, bingo problem solved.

I don't think there is a lot to worry about. And take the comparisons with other servers with a pinch of salt, you'll rarely find a fair comparison. So far I am playing on both servers, and bug wise they seem almost identical. But I like both for different reasons and I am very excited to see where both servers go. I really like that this place is not very crowded, and that the other plays is very crowded. It makes for very different experiences. The general and world chat is also more relaxed and nicer on kronos, which is very refreshing.

But the rollbacks needs to go, sooner rather than later. But a server having issues the first few weeks is nothing to make a huge deal out of I think. Most people seems to understand and accept that.

Apparently db saves happen every 7 mins so a rollback can never be bigger than that.

I don't think there is a lot to worry about. And take the comparisons with other servers with a pinch of salt, you'll rarely find a fair comparison. So far I am playing on both servers, and bug wise they seem almost identical. But I like both for different reasons and I am very excited to see where both servers go. I really like that this place is not very crowded, and that the other plays is very crowded. It makes for very different experiences. The general and world chat is also more relaxed and nicer on kronos, which is very refreshing.

But the rollbacks needs to go, sooner rather than later. But a server having issues the first few weeks is nothing to make a huge deal out of I think. Most people seems to understand and accept that.
the other server and kronos being almost identical to comparison with bugs?? lol.

Yeah i am just sad and suprised by low pop, which is about 10% of rival server. Today at 12 00 CET there were not more than 350 people.
Well i dont want to be noob, who leaves because of pop, so i am staying as long as possible.
Thanks for replies by the way.

Yeah i am just sad and suprised by low pop, which is about 10% of rival server. Today at 12 00 CET there were not more than 350 people.
Well i dont want to be noob, who leaves because of pop, so i am staying as long as possible.
Thanks for replies by the way.
10%? Are you joking? Not only are Nost numbers fake but we have 1k horde online atm, not counting Alliance which is similar but slightly lower, simple math says that's SIGNIFICANTLY higher than 10%.

Last edited:
"/Who" command is ONLY showing players on your own faction. Also this number is growing fast the afternoon because most of the community is EU. It's more or less like a "Life Train" with activity and rest periods.

Alliance side usually differs from 600-950 ish from what I've seen and I am more than happy with it. I can find groups if needed to, always hordes to gank and best of all it's not overcrowded like the rival server wich was too much for me.

I am overall very happy with my stay at Kronos and I do not intend to switch any time soon.

I am not worried about population, which is fine anyway at the moment (could use some hundreds perhaps).

There simply is hoping, that it keeps being moderated accordingly to what has been announced officially so far.
Majorly that bugfixes should and need to happen permanently over the next few weeks and months.

Lets see how the weekend numbers turn out.

I think the server will maintain a steady pop and grow well.

It would have been nice if the server had around 500 or so more NA players at this time. But given enough time we should see and increase in numbers.

Top Bottom