• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

how to fix lotus camping

Smoker

Authorized
Add 100 new spawn points and spread em out in a good blend? adjust the respawn rate if neccesary, although i think the timer can stay where it is doesnt really matter. more spawn points doesnt mean more lotus, just more places for them to be at.

Random spawn on any herb spot in the area?
Semi-random spawn ? (0.5 - 2h) ?
On spawn teleport players on a 20y range to the nearest inn?

Add the first 2 options and it becomes quite a pain to efficiently farm them.

Solution: The server rolls a number randomly between -20 to 20 which is then added as minutes in addition to normal timer so at its lowest it could be spawning 40 min. after loot while at worst luck 80 min. spawn.

note: adding a few spots to zones like silith or plague which have too few spawn spots would also be nice.

Last edited:
I have 15 days played now and have seen 1 Lotus ever.

I think we need to have more random spawn pointss and random timers on them too.

I don't think there's anything that can change it. If you look up the lotus spawn points on Twinhead, you will see all of them, and they are all fair game. It is very annoying to have guild alt campers on locations though. I have seen a few lotus's in Burning Steppes, and as soon as I go near it, what do I see? Vanguard or Synced player taking it...

I agree with Smoker. 1 Black Lotus at a time for each specific zone but more spawnpoints for each of these zones that rotate randomly.

I've never had an issue getting lotus, quite often I'll be in control of two zones at once with a single toon no alt spies. I generally never farm more than 4 or 5 lotus a week cause that just means I have to farm more herbs in order to make flask so I fail to see any issue with the current condition.

before the x7 event I recall at one point someone has places level 1rogues near a few lotus spawn locations, this I had a issue with and after reporting it I've haven't seen it again.

Maybe add a dynamic respawn timer for Black Lotus (or herbs in general) as there is with mobs? I mean the spawn timer now is based on Blizzards original cap for 2.5k players on a server and we know that we are faaar above that atm.

qyXkurD.png

Attachments

• lotus jpg.jpg
    lotus jpg.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
This only happens because people with no life like Armazor who have leveled 10 characters to lv 60 put them on top of every single spawn point in a zone, and there are a dozen of these guys on kronos.
It doesn't exactly help that this database exists.

[...]

On a serious note, you can't be mad at people for doing that. Raiders need flasks. And I love the twinhead database, it's perfect.

It is incredibly easy to get into black lotus camping on this server. You are insanely lucky that there is so much information out there on BL mechanics. Just because you won't spend 10 minutes doing the most basic research doesn't mean they need to change it just for you.
Look at this: https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?object=176589
So much information right on the twinstar database.

Here's a protip: Spend 2 hours running around the zone(we all do it, dont cry) trying to find the lotus, then make sure you come back in [look at respawn time on database] with some friends and get the next one.

If you want to make the BL situation a little easier (45g is not too bad tho) then adding spawn points would not be the way to go. More nodes -> Takes longer to get each node -> less farmed per day -> price goes up. You would want spawn timer to be decreased from 1 hour (more = cheaper) and variable (between 30-50 mins between each spawn, so random passerby's would have a higher chance comming across one ~ IE what the point of this thread is for) for example with the same, or new small set of nodes. More lotus's collected -> lower price. Or Increase each node to give 1-3 lotus's.

But at the end of the day, BL are expensive because they are a luxury. You don't need them to finish raids or to do progression in AQ40. It gives a small edge but experience and competence hugely outweigh everything else (gear, consumables, everything).

Last edited:
It is incredibly easy to get into black lotus camping on this server. You are insanely lucky that there is so much information out there on BL mechanics. Just because you won't spend 10 minutes doing the most basic research doesn't mean they need to change it just for you.
Look at this: https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?object=176589
So much information right on the twinstar database.

Here's a protip: Spend 2 hours running around the zone(we all do it, dont cry) trying to find the lotus, then make sure you come back in [look at respawn time on database] with some friends and get the next one.

If you want to make the BL situation a little easier (45g is not too bad tho) then adding spawn points would not be the way to go. More nodes -> Takes longer to get each node -> less farmed per day -> price goes up. You would want spawn timer to be decreased from 1 hour (more = cheaper) and variable (between 30-50 mins between each spawn, so random passerby's would have a higher chance comming across one ~ IE what the point of this thread is for) for example with the same, or new small set of nodes. More lotus's collected -> lower price. Or Increase each node to give 1-3 lotus's.

But at the end of the day, BL are expensive because they are a luxury. You don't need them to finish raids or to do progression in AQ40. It gives a small edge but experience and competence hugely outweigh everything else (gear, consumables, everything).

You misunderstand completely. Some people think it's CHINA ruining the market for lotus, instead it's people doing as you describe but with characters parked at every possible spawn (7x xp lmao) that can pick the lotus and then log out and wait for the respawn.

Top Bottom