• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

how to fix lotus camping

Let RNG have its way with Lotus

This is already Chero's game anyway, lets make it better.

Add more high lvl herbs, remove black lotus nodes and have high lvl herbs (250+ req skill to pick) have a chance at giving you a lotus

100% blizzlike isnt always best, 5g respec caps ftw

solved

Add more high lvl herbs, remove black lotus nodes and have high lvl herbs (250+ req skill to pick) have a chance at giving you a lotus

solved

I love this idea however I fear the wrath of the blizzlike boys.

solved

I love this idea however I fear the wrath of the blizzlike boys.

screw them, we have 1.12 talents and gear in MC, we have 5g respec, we can't shoot through tree's, we can mark MC bosses with ICONS

Kronos is amazing, this idea will make it better, lets up the herbs and get ppl running around on even ground again. lets not think of this a pure vanilla, lets think of it as "Vanilla, Evolved"

+1 this people

Lower spawn rate, more simultaneous nodes. Current Black Lotus spawns cant cover servers population, do simple math.
Same goes with War Effort herbs, at this pace, we will have AQ when Corecraft releases.

it's because of people like black that the prices are going up. have fun

Having higher efficiency on farming (lower time on node being up and unpicked) reduces price (more supply). So thank the people that work together in groups or multibox it because they keep the price low.

Reading more of these replies just solidifies that many of the people voicing their concerns here just don't want active farmers to be farming them and for more randoms to get them....
There are two easy solutions and one hard one(which completely changes the mechanic).
Make lotus nodes drop 1-3 instead of 1.
Decrease spawn timer 30 mins so ~1.5-1.75x the supply.
Remove black lotus and put a chance into all other high end herbs to drop a small chance.....requiring alot of work and maths looking at their data/statistics to drop an overall larger amount of BL (2x current rate or something).

Don't mind Hisana, he's not very bright (based on lots of his forum posts lately). The prices of black lotus went up from 20g to 40-50g the moment Nos was shut down for pure business reasons. Guess what, "the multibox lotus monopoly mafia" has been farming it loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong before that and the price was still 20g on AH. But keep to your delusional thoughts and keep hating and knowing better than anyone else.

The good thing about people camping lotus spawns: many of them on the market, price "low".
The bad thing about people camping lotus spawns: you HAVE to buy it most oft the time, it's very time consuming to farm them on yourself.

But then one general question to all of you: do you really think anyone besides tanks should have a flask? I come from a vanilla server where raids were a lot harder and had plenty of deadly bugs. Yet the good guilds still cleared the content mostly without flasks. I think up to naxx flasks aren't really needed and so are lotuses.

i wouldnt mind if black lotus (or all mat spawns) had a small randomized timer. like +/- 1 minute

No one has to use a flask. Everything can be cleared without any consumables at all.

Yes. I don't understand these discussions about lotus and raid leads who insist on everyone using flasks. Like flasks would save you from bad movement, wrong played tactic, brainafkness, failure.

If aq40 is properly implemented then every guild with a brain will be flasking on C'thun for 1-2months. And flasks can totally save you from bad movement, wrong played tactics.

When all your melee has +~20% hp that's a lot more room for error. When your magic dps does + 10-15% more dmg that's a boss that dies that much faster reducing the time for people to fuck it up. When your healers have 2k more mana that's 2k more mana of heals on fuckups before they oom. The fact of the matter is flasks have a large impact which is why people use them.

Yeah, especially with world buffs that give you 18% crit (which almost doubles the crit chance of a geared caster dps).. lol! Sure, for Cthun flasks are nice, but not being able to execute a 10 years old tactic is not a mark of quality. If you rely on flasks for killing cthun, you're a bad player.

To me, profession nodes spawning only at a handful of static points has always felt a little broken, even back in 2005. It's too easily gamed + dominated.

What I'd like to see tried (or hell, maybe even try myself at some point) is doing away with static node spawns entirely. Instead, give the server an understanding of the game's maps so it can then dynamically choose truly random places on the map to spawn nodes. This could both fix the camping issue and make gathering a little less dull.

It should be technically feasible too. Servers already understand zone boundaries, so restricting dynamic spawn points of certain nodes to particular zones is simple. In the client, the game's maps are stored in the form of 2D height map images which the game creates 3D terrain from (dark = low, light = high), so it should be reasonably easy to make certain nodes spawn only on particular terrain profiles — for example, Earthroot would only spawn on slopes (areas in the height map with a steep dark -> light graduation), and other herbs might only appear at certain elevations. If you wanted to get super fancy you could even go as far as making nodes spawn only in close proximity to geographical features like trees (forest herbs) or other forms of dynamics (ore gets hard to come by if the local kobold population hasn't been kept under control and other crazy stuff).

There are tons of possibilities when it comes to gatherables, but for some reason private servers have explored and experimented with them less than any other part of the game. It's too bad because even within the confines of a pre-existing game there's so much that could be done to make gathering professions a more compelling and interesting than they are in Blizzard's implementation.

dont add additional spawnpoints.
rather add randomized timers so ppl can no longer effectivly camp it and the chances to harvest are equally split

Adding BL to loot table of other herbs would be cool, like in later expansions. It would make gathering sungrass and golden sansam actually useful. I doubt they will ever change the mechanic though. I used to get 20+ lotus on hamstring mount and now with multiple herb alts in key locations I barely get any xD

Adding BL to loot table of other herbs would be cool, like in later expansions. It would make gathering sungrass and golden sansam actually useful. I doubt they will ever change the mechanic though. I used to get 20+ lotus on hamstring mount and now with multiple herb alts in key locations I barely get any xD

If they ever decide to increase the spawnrates a bit to compensate somewhat for the vastly larger raiding community of Kronos compared to a retail vanilla server then I would very much support this implementation.

I think it is fine that some people are "camping" lotuses, that is Blizzlike and a unique sort of grind. (Even if the multialt approach is a bit meh.) But. Adding extra spawns in this way would make it more reasonable for the more traditional type of herbalist to get a lotus every now and then. And that would be a welcome change.

The price ally side jumped to 60g and now 90g this week..... we need some way to increase the supply because this is rediculous

More spawn points = longer times to pick up = less lotus picked per day = higher price.so if more spawn points also little lower respawn timer.

I just came here to complain about ridiculous black lotus overfarming and prices, but I already see there's a half-a-year old thread here, which is very active and developers don't do shit. This is highly discouraging. Anyhow, I didn't read all comments here, I just want to say that Black Lotus should be a rare drop off random herbalism level 285+ herb. Basically like TBC and forth, only from high level herbs. Increasing number of lotus drops won't help, it'll only make it worse. Multiple spawn points won't help. Chingchongs will sit on them day and night anyway and there are plenty of them. Only random drop will help to distribute the item normally and allow every herbalist farm their 1-2 lotuses per week, hence keeping price in check. I really hope devs reading this and planning to make changes in a very near future before those farmers get crazy rich. It's an easy and fast way to make gold atm, ridiculously so and I'm sure they sell that gold later.

Last edited:
I just want to say that Black Lotus should be a rare drop off random herbalism level 285+ herb. Basically like TBC and forth

This isn't TBC and forth though is it? It's vanilla. I think an increased spawn time is the lesser of two evils here, you can't completely molest all the things you don't like about vanilla and create your own abomination of the game, as a wise man once said
Also add selfies and garisson. Thanks.

Lotus being farmed is part of the game.

Top Bottom