• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

If this server ever wants any chance to succeed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

drakesdruid

Authorized
Hello, my name is Big/Euthe. I have played WoW for 9 years, private servers for 4 years and have reached high achievements on both retail and many private servers alike. I played here earlier and the server started out great, but there's one problem and unless you change it, the sad truth is Kronos will never be what other servers are. No server has perfect scripts, so when players come to new private servers they just think, eh... this servers scripts are good but no population lets go back to that shitty 5K pop private server we were just on.

I know Kronos has good scripts, but good scripts aren't enough to keep players unless they're occupied for a long period of time doing fun things. Kronos needs 1-7x xp rates or something similar. Kronos will have its 50 or so very loyal players who will play no matter what xp rate there is, but the population will never grow to the thousands or multiple hundred because when players try to level 1x rates, any small script problem will make them see its not worth it, especially if the population is small. Until Kronos gets a high population, 1x rates only is a huge disaster, and I don't want to see this server fail again. I alone could have brought about 30 other members here before Kronos went down but every player who has played at any other private server says "1x xp? not worth it unless scripts are perfect".

I'm not just being negative, Kronos cannot afford to have 1x xp rates yet, give it a few months and let the population grow to a few hundred, then decrease the exp rates to about 1-4x, as it grows to the thousands maybe change to 1-2x. 1x XP is a good concept, but people don't have the attention span or the time to spend on a private server that may or may not last. PROVE to the players that the server will last and PROVE to the players the population can reach the thousands. The only way you'll achieve this is by increasing XP rates. This is about the only serious forum message you will ever see from me, so know that I'm truly serious, for the sake of the server increase the XP matey. Just remember how much the population increased during the temporary bonus XP times. Good luck, hope you think this out.

TLDR: increase xp rates or else server will r.i.p:cool2:

- - - Updated - - -

Chero read that mate dont TLDR it

I strongly disagree. There are many people (myself included) who would not play if they changed from 1x rates.

People who play 1x rates are the type of people who stick around for the long haul. People who want fast rate servers are impatient and much more likely to leave, moving like locusts to the next server.

I strongly disagree. There are many people (myself included) who would not play if they changed from 1x rates.

People who play 1x rates are the type of people who stick around for the long haul. People who want fast rate servers are impatient and much more likely to leave, moving like locusts to the next server.

Yes because look at how well that worked last time, I'm sorry to tell you but theres no server that started out 1x exp and succeeded. The nostalgia feeling is gone, private servers have been around for years now. There is you and and a few others like you but your statistic is biased. Your "many people" is maybe you and your friends, and the "people leaving" is because people don't stay when the population is 70.

A key problem with Kronos was only the "loyal people" stayed, no new members came. So gz you have a 1x server with 40 population.

You can compare a certain server that has a 12x xp server, and a 1x xp server. One is overpopulated when the scripts are shit and one is nearly dead. 1x should be an option only.

Last edited:
This has already been discussed thouroughly, and to be honest, it would seem that it is actually you who is a part of the minority.

I can only truthfully speak for myself and a handful of friends with whom I'm playing. We've have been going from server to server to find a quality blizz-like one, leveling up numerous different characters. Not once did we even remotely consider anything with more than x1 xp/loot/skill/rep.
To me, the leveling-part of the game is at least as important as the end-game, and I really hate to see servers incentivise players to rush through this part.
In my opinion altering the experience rates will instantly make this a fun-server, and stray from the core concepts that it's building its hype around. And judging from the feedback on this and similar vanilla forums, I know a large amount of players feel the same way (by far enough to fill up this server anyway).

x1 is undoubtably the right choice in my opinion, but of course only time will tell.

EDIT: And by the way, suggesting a modifiable XP amount (such as 1-7), makes me think that you don't have a lot of experience with private servers. No matter how much they hate it, most people are going to maximize the amount of XP eventually, mainly because they want to be on equal footing with everyone else. This is (probably) why people looking for x1 usually completely ignore these servers.
x1-7 pretty much equals x7 only, and at those rates you might as well make it instant 60, since noone is going to be starting there with the intent of experiencing a proper leveling experience anyway.

Last edited:
This has already been discussed thouroughly, and to be honest, it would seem that it is actually you who is a part of the minority.

I can only truthfully speak for myself and a handful of friends with whom I'm playing. We've have been going from server to server to find a quality blizz-like one, leveling up numerous different characters. Not once did we even remotely consider anything with more than x1 xp/loot/skill/rep.
To me, the leveling-part of the game is at least as important as the end-game, and I really hate to see servers incentivise players to rush through this part.
In my opinion altering the experience rates will instantly make this a fun-server, and stray from the core concepts that it's building its hype around. And judging from the feedback on this and similar vanilla forums, I know a large amount of players feel the same way (by far enough to fill up this server anyway).

x1 is undoubtably the right choice in my opinion, but of course only time will tell.

EDIT: And by the way, suggesting a modifiable XP amount (such as 1-7), makes me think that you don't have a lot of experience with private servers. No matter how much they hate it, most people are going to maximize the amount of XP eventually, mainly because they want to be on equal footing with everyone else. This is (probably) why people looking for x1 usually completely ignore these servers.
x1-7 pretty much equals x7 only, and at those rates you might as well make it instant 60, since noone is going to be starting there with the intent of experiencing a proper leveling experience anyway.

Right, again I ask you for your statistics? You seem to be talking about you and your friends. Well believe it or not there is a vast group of players out there currently playing servers past 1x exp, and 1x exp servers.. would you look at that... highest 1x exp server is one branched off from a 12x exp server. Leveling takes no skill, most people would be leveling for their 5+ time and many feel it's just boring. If 100% of the players have to go through that then I'll have to sit back and watch this server die yet again. This was just a warning, but good luck to you all if you stick around for the grind, won't be posting much anymore, gonna leave this for the gms.

Right, again I ask you for your statistics?

I thought I made it perfectly clear that it was based on my own observations and discussions - just like yours apparently are?
Why should I feel the need to provide statistics when you don't show any yourself.

But hey, thanks for the warning.

Last edited:
It sounds like you've been away from the 1.12 server scene for a while now. Emerald Dream is the most successful 1.12 server around atm, and it's 1x. Rebirth (1x) was growing rapidly, and rose to around 750~ peaks and rising, but then went down due to DDOS.

A good reliable 1x server to take the place of Rebirth which is constantly up and down, and Emerald Dream will work.

Right, again I ask you for your statistics? You seem to be talking about you and your friends. Well believe it or not there is a vast group of players out there currently playing servers past 1x exp, and 1x exp servers.. would you look at that... highest 1x exp server is one branched off from a 12x exp server. Leveling takes no skill, most people would be leveling for their 5+ time and many feel it's just boring. If 100% of the players have to go through that then I'll have to sit back and watch this server die yet again. This was just a warning, but good luck to you all if you stick around for the grind, won't be posting much anymore, gonna leave this for the gms.

I wish you well, and hope you find a Vanilla server with your ideal rates. But Kronos has already had much internal discussion, and decided upon 1x.

Actually there more you talk about changing XP rates, the less chance this server has to succeed.

It's 1x

Deal with it.

I once had the same opinion as you Big. Now I see 1* rate as an opportunity not as a misfortune.
It just has so many benefits too it.

- Economy will be as it was in vanilla.
- You will get alot more dedicated players
- Less ****ts
- You can't act like a dick because its too aggravating to reroll

You fear that the PvP community will be small? Well I don't care about PvPers if they aren't willing to level up properly. If thats your mentality you might aswell play bugged servers like feenix. I know you wouldn't be here if that is what you wanted...

Just relax and level up like everyone else. Judging from the numbers on youtube your concerns are completely unreasonable.

EDIT: gj twinstar forum, censor idiet but not dick ^^

Last edited:
Yeah I dont like 1x aswell, but what can you do. Vanilla is really time dependant, I was actually one of the first 60s in Kronos 1, which had 1x rates, but I was a university student, and I think most of the people that want 1x rates, are students themselves :)

I probably wont be joining K3 with those rates again, but it may get a nice population with the proper advertisement

7× rates are absolutely nonsense from game mechanics PoV. If you want these rates, just make Kronos instant 60 and it will be better (no sarcasm).
Why? Because when you ding 60, you have nothing. No items, no gold, no spells, no weapon skills, no professions, no reputation etc. It's awful and stupid.

Leveling has sense in 1-4× XP rates range. Everything more is just bad joke, instead of it there is instant option.

1x-ers say that high rates cause low population, 7x-ers say that low rates cause low population...

This is just a neverending difference of opinions and unless one side can come up with rock-solid, credible, statistics to back their opinion up, we won't help the admins much by continuing to argue.

Very bad suggestion.... The majority of people want a 1x and they already said it will be 1x. If you want a fun server or high rate go to another server.
Also, im sure the population will be several hundrer people at start, mainly because the scripts here are unlike and better than anything Ive ever seen on a private classic server, so you are not the guy that can say what Kronos can and cannot afford.

Sorry if I sounded rude, but I just dont want to see a server with such a huge potentioal to turn in to a noobhole. High rates usually attract casuals and kids.

Last edited:
High rate servers also have nolifers so that its not really a good point.
Kronos 2 was 7* rated and had the most mature and friendly community I witnessed so far.

Like I said it all has ups and downs.
The main reason I support 1* rates is simply the fact that it backs up Kronos on beeing the ONLY true blizzlike server.
You asked for a high quality realm that strives to be as close to original servers as possible. There you go.

Honestly to make a compromise we could also add a x2 or x3 rate under special circumstances!

Ive been levelling x1 since 2006 (only not on feenix since it wasnt possible) and i always loved it.. i did it on kronos 2 also and now again!
But it could really also attract other ppl to add a x2 or even x3 rate!
As u can see the PvP community could rise to a huge number and it really doesnt affect the gameplay that much if someone levels with these rates (in my eyes!)

And you cant really call x2-3 "highrated" ;)

Honestly, people who would miss out on the best server there is because the beginning 2-3 months of the game would be a little shorter are pathetic.

Somehow correct. I never understoof them either.
You get the best quality server. Almost no bugs. Everything that annoys the shit out of you on other servers is fixed. Yet they still don't want to play on it unless its 1* rates.
I mean come on, what gives?

Its like saying you get the best Sports car for a cheaper price then a mediocre Sports car. You would go for the higher quality product in no time then wouldn't you? Weird.

Saying "I won't play on Kronos when its not 1*" is just as stupid as saying "I won't play on Kronos when it is 1*".

Well, its gonna be 1x, deal with it.

And that is by far the worst statement you can ever make.
"Your government is ran by ****ts, don't vote or try to change something about it, deal with it."

All I did was point out how 1* rate players reasons why they would avoid some realms contradict with their own idea of a true blizzlike server.
The current 1* rates are all custom and bugged. Would you still play on them just because they are 1* rates? Makes no sense at all if you ask me.

And that is by far the worst statement you can ever make.
"Your government is ran by ****ts, don't vote or try to change something about it, deal with it."

All I did was point out how 1* rate players reasons why they would avoid some realms contradict with their own idea of a true blizzlike server.
The current 1* rates are all custom and bugged. Would you still play on them just because they are 1* rates? Makes no sense at all if you ask me.

They wasted a lot of time with mob AI making it unique. Why would they do that for a 15x realm in which ppl hit 60 in 10 hours? And finish 10 quests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom