• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Improved Models - WiP !

Go for Vote! Please vote which models you want to update.Multiple Choise!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
... So i would like to hear what you think lads, should keep the old style or update the new ones, its the starting gear only so upon getting level 5 most or all it will be replaced by other items or quest rewards.

It is fine the way you changed it :)

So far I've noticed that combining the patches will cause the epic riding ram texture and the hair of the new banshee models to bug out.

Last edited:
And most likely some issues with druid form since both patches have them.
Something that really has to be fixed in the HD char models patch though is the unsheathing weapon bug. Right now your weapon is stuck on your back and you hit in the air. Totally gamebreaking but thats not part of Zerocools patch, but hopefully one of you guys can figure out how to fix it :biggrin:

I've uploaded a version without the druid forms that should work with Zerocools patch.

Idk how to fix the unsheathing weapon bug for now unless someone updates Koward's conversion tool. Just don't unsheath weapons :p

I've uploaded a version without the druid forms that should work with Zerocools patch.

Idk how to fix the unsheathing weapon bug for now unless someone updates Koward's conversion tool. Just don't unsheath weapons :p

Great Job mate, i'll try to speed up a bit, when my free time allows it since like i said im kinda busy from work due to season period again and ill ask if finsternis can help as he did in the previous additions so i can dbc check, game check and makes the last fixes.

Ah that is so great! Thanks alot Balsh!
And regarding the unsheating, well, when I engage with enemies my weapon is still on my back? It cant be avoided, unless im a caster I guess. Will have to play a mage until this is fixed! :lol:
Hopefully it can be somehow. I dont even understand how this bug came to be in the first place.
Have you also fixed the bugs Asmodeus mentions above? "combining the patches will cause the epic riding ram texture and the hair of the new banshee models to bug out."

Thank you both so so much for all the work! Really looking forward to the end result of Zerocool's patch as well. No hurry we got few months left :whistling:

And regarding the unsheating, well, when I engage with enemies my weapon is still on my back? It cant be avoided, unless im a caster I guess. Will have to play a mage until this is fixed! :lol:
does it happen even when you don't use sheath/unsheath animation beforehand?

Also I think the unsheath bug doesn't happen on UD males, might be something to look into the M2 with 010 editor before converting.

You should be able to combine the patches using my patch with no druid form.

Hopefully it can be somehow. I dont even understand how this bug came to be in the first place.
Have you also fixed the bugs Asmodeus mentions above? "combining the patches will cause the epic riding ram texture and the hair of the new banshee models to bug out."

Thank you both so so much for all the work! Really looking forward to the end result of Zerocool's patch as well. No hurry we got few months left :whistling:

Try downloading the patch again as it may have been updated. I read him saying he fixed it and I'm a warrior and don't have this issue at all. When I unsheathe my weapons using the unsheathe key, it doesn't do anything. However when I run into combat and turn auto attack on, my weapons come out like normal and I can see them swinging in my hands like normal.

Im UD male and unsheath and sheath works both when in combat and using a keybind. Only the emotes sound doesn't work

does it happen even when you don't use sheath/unsheath animation beforehand?

Also I think the unsheath bug doesn't happen on UD males, might be something to look into the M2 with 010 editor before converting.

You should be able to combine the patches using my patch with no druid form.

Try downloading the patch again as it may have been updated. I read him saying he fixed it and I'm a warrior and don't have this issue at all. When I unsheathe my weapons using the unsheathe key, it doesn't do anything. However when I run into combat and turn auto attack on, my weapons come out like normal and I can see them swinging in my hands like normal.

Ah cool. Will download and try that tonight then. Yesterday when I played I remember first trying unsheath button and it didnt do anything, so then I figured that maybe it works if I just run up and start auto attacking, but it didnt work either. So maybe I caused the bug by first trying the normal unsheathe so it got stuck like that.

Regardless, hope the other bugs you mentioned above are fixed now. But its abit wierd that epic riding ram and the hair of the new banshee models should bug out because they are only touched in Zerocool's patch afaik. It might be a bug from his Beta released back in June. You sure this occured only after using both patches?

Question for Zerocool:

I know I asked this before but I didnt get a clear answer to it. But will there be update models for unique NPC's? Like Sylvanas, Thrall, Vol'jin and many others in your final patch? If not, then maybe Balsh can help us out. No idea if unique models are easier to downport than playable HD models.

Yeah I noticed it right away as I was sitting in Ironforge before I applied the character models patch and there were plenty of people on rams. Logged off, applied the patch and LAA'd my .exe, came back and all the ram models were bugged looking. I did use my MPQ editor to go into the character models patch and confirmed it was only character models and nothing else so I found it weird as well.

Later that night I went into Strat UD and noticed the banshee hair was bugged (like it was before Zero fixed it originally). I was there the previous night and the hair was fine so I attributed it to the character models patch as well.

Question for Zerocool:

I know I asked this before but I didnt get a clear answer to it. But will there be update models for unique NPC's? Like Sylvanas, Thrall, Vol'jin and many others in your final patch? If not, then maybe Balsh can help us out. No idea if unique models are easier to downport than playable HD models.

Check out page 16 of this thread. Zero posted some screen shots of faction leaders with updated models.

Last edited:
Was going to post it too but daaaaamn woooh your fast lad. :laugh::cool2::biggrin:. And yes i have update all faction leaders back at the July.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way folks, try to delete your Cache (WDB) folder before you go in game just to avoid weird behavior.

Yeah I noticed it right away as I was sitting in Ironforge before I applied the character models patch and there were plenty of people on rams. Logged off, applied the patch and LAA'd my .exe, came back and all the ram models were bugged looking. I did use my MPQ editor to go into the character models patch and confirmed it was only character models and nothing else so I found it weird as well.

Later that night I went into Strat UD and noticed the banshee hair was bugged (like it was before Zero fixed it originally). I was there the previous night and the hair was fine so I attributed it to the character models patch as well.

Check out page 16 of this thread. Zero posted some screen shots of faction leaders with updated models.
Was going to post it too but daaaaamn woooh your fast lad.
laugh.gif
cool2.gif
biggrin.gif
. And yes i have update all faction leaders back at the July.

Thanks for the info mate. Im sorry I asked about the unique models yet again. I didnt know it was on page 16. There has been so many pages and I've missed a few of them. I always kind of hated Thralls new look though, too different from his old with hunched back and Doomhammer's armor. I see in the picture he doesnt sit on the throne but stand? This doesnt cause issues when interacting and such? Moving objects risks getting detected by servers anticheat no?

Also good to know the bugs where caused by the latest patch. Was it fixed with todays version or still bugged? I can of course test this myself later on but im kinda busy IRL right now :smile: I think it can very well be the WDB folder issue if you forget to remove/clean it

Did Goblin and High elf (blood elf) models get updated? They also appear in vanilla ofc

Can I make requests of two more unique models that make an appearance in vanilla? If it isnt too much of a hassle ofc.
Rexxar Vanilla: http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Rexxar?file=Rexxar.jpg
Rexxar Updated: http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090603200951/wow/pl/images/7/7c/Rexxar.jpg
Malfurion Vanilla: http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Malfurion_Stormrage?file=Furion_Stormrage2.jpg
Malfurion Updated: http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Malfurion_Stormrage?file=Malfurion_Cataclysm.png

Last edited:
Still noticing more things that bugged with Zero's patch when I combined the two patches. The plagued whelps in Scholo have a bugged texture, and some whelps in Searing Gorge (and possibly elsewhere) have mining picks on their wings. Travelling around looking at various creatures and models trying to see if I can find anything else. Oh and I definitely deleted my WDB folder. I'm pretty sure non-playable races have not been updated. I know high-elfs have not for sure.

Still noticing more things that bugged with Zero's patch
did you try whith the patch without druid forms Ive uploaded? only charsection.dbc is overwritten on this one. Shouldn't cause any problems with creatures and stuff.

I didn't add goblins and bloodelves new models on the patch. Only playable races related npcs.

Last edited:
did you try whith the patch without druid forms Ive uploaded? only charsection.dbc is overwritten on this one. Shouldn't cause any problems with creatures and stuff.

I didn't add goblins and nightelves new models on the patch. Only playable races related npcs.

ooo no, I applied the whole patch of char models + druid forms. I will try that though, thanks!

I didn't add goblins and nightelves new models on the patch. Only playable races related npcs.

Im going to give it an extensive test and see whats wrong in the weekend. You only need to have charsections since rest conflict with mine, try to work your lines changes with my DBC files and test them. I have similar issue with lanevegame mod but didnt had the time to test.

Did Goblin and High elf (blood elf) models get updated? They also appear in vanilla ofc

Can I make requests of two more unique models that make an appearance in vanilla? If it isnt too much of a hassle ofc.
Rexxar Vanilla: http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Rexxar?file=Rexxar.jpg
Rexxar Updated: http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090603200951/wow/pl/images/7/7c/Rexxar.jpg
Malfurion Vanilla: http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Malfurion_Stormrage?file=Furion_Stormrage2.jpg
Malfurion Updated: http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Malfurion_Stormrage?file=Malfurion_Cataclysm.png

I have half work it with goblin, but have some issues, also same with blood elfs, need some more testing so i have put it out on side abit until done with the reskining. Now Rexxar i didnt change him since isnt a great update from TBC or LK, i might do for aesthetic reason :p tho malfurion is bugged and till now i haven't complete him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im going to give it an extensive test and see whats wrong in the weekend. You only need to have charsections since rest conflict with mine, try to work your lines changes with my DBC files and test them. I have similar issue with lanevegame mod but didnt had the time to test.

Downloading the non-druid form character model patch did indeed fix a lot of the issues I was having. It not longer seems to conflict with your patch :biggrin:

Downloading the non-druid form character model patch did indeed fix a lot of the issues I was having. It not longer seems to conflict with your patch :biggrin:

Good to hear, thanks for the heads up. Tho im gonna have a test the non-druid forms, me too got the 1st version but i removed the forms only to quick test. In the weekend gonna give it a test and make some more fixes too.

I have half work it with goblin, but have some issues, also same with blood elfs, need some more testing so i have put it out on side abit until done with the reskining. Now Rexxar i didnt change him since isnt a great update from TBC or LK, i might do for aesthetic reason :p tho malfurion is bugged and till now i haven't complete him.

I respectfully disagree about Rexxar :D His TBC model is alot alot bettter because thats how he actually looked. His vanilla model was just a crappy placeholder with wrong armor and helmet ^^

Nice to hear you have worked abit on Goblins and Blood elfs! Maybe Balsh can help downport those since he already did so well with the HD models, im guessing its almost the same but these are for NPC instead of players?

And Malfurion only shows up like once or twice so it doesnt really matter about his model, unnecessary extra work maybe :)

Seeing as you already got your hands full with work and whats left of reskinning etc before your final release, I will stop bugging you about even more stuff now, haha. If Rexxar isnt complicated maybe just switch his armor/model to TBC/LK? Otherwise its fine anyway!

I respectfully disagree about Rexxar :D His TBC model is alot alot bettter because thats how he actually looked. His vanilla model was just a crappy placeholder with wrong armor and helmet ^^

Nice to hear you have worked abit on Goblins and Blood elfs! Maybe Balsh can help downport those since he already did so well with the HD models, im guessing its almost the same but these are for NPC instead of players?

And Malfurion only shows up like once or twice so it doesnt really matter about his model, unnecessary extra work maybe :)

Seeing as you already got your hands full with work and whats left of reskinning etc before your final release, I will stop bugging you about even more stuff now, haha. If Rexxar isnt complicated maybe just switch his armor/model to TBC/LK? Otherwise its fine anyway!

Yes unfortunately i cant work at all or just for an hour or so during week days since im really fucked up from work and cant devote time. Seen an small opportunity coming at the weekend is were i can work with it and test.

I start working some things and managed to finish also the Worgen's new models. :)
WoWScrnShot_101316_101733.jpg

Hopefully at the weekend ill be able to finish the goblins and take care rest texturing required.
Cheers!

Top Bottom