• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Incentive to start on this server (Just an idea)

Shrooms

Authorized
So this is just an idea to get people to start to play on this server as soon as it opens. How about for the people who make a character on the server say the first week it opens they could get a present if you will. Could be as small as a free non class specific mount or even free riding lessons at 40. Would keep it to one character an account. Think this could help grow the pop rite in the beginning, and it not anything major to off-put anyone. Thoughts?

Most people here want an authentic vanilla server experience. And there is already a large enough population that the server will be stable on launch regardless.

This idea seems unlikely.

Just a thought. Seems like the server will be great. Only thing that wouldn't be good if there was not enough people on to enjoy it.

I don't think this will help the population, i personally would be turned off by this present. i think people not knowing about the server hurts the population the most

Don't need to give out free things to generate incentive. If people want the blizzlike vanilla experience, they will come. The best way to increase population is to tell your friends, post on social media, and spread the word.

Maybe a custom tabard that says "the happening" or something for the people that created their character in the first week.

if something custom isn't possible, aren't there special tabards normally not available? Or are they all in donation shop?

Last edited:
I think this is a good idea, but I would make it so that they only receive the present after levelling to, lte's say, level 5. Or 10. It could be as small of a present as 5 gold.
-would start up the trading/economy a bit sooner.
-would provide a little extra push for the undecided: "I don't know if I wanna play there, but I know that if I started now, they'd give me 5 gold so I'd have some breathing room while buying spells or bags/vendor equipment. I'll just go and start a character so that I don't miss out on free stuff and OH MY GOD this actually works here??!? Never seen that on a private realm, OKAY I'm definitely staying here!"

Yea i feel you but giving gameplay advantage will be a nono, kronos intends to be blizzlike and it might set a lot of people off.

I'll just go and start a character so that I don't miss out on free stuff and OH MY GOD this actually works here??!? Never seen that on a private realm, OKAY I'm definitely staying here!"
^^this++
Very good idea IMHO. A pet/tabard/mount/some cash for additional hype.

Nah, too much. If anything, it should be something small enough to be practically insignificant, but attractive nevertheless. Items, whatever they are, are considered a big deal for players, that's not insignificant.

if anything at all, the only reward should be special vanity items that you vendor for 1 copper each
preferably small pets and/or tabards

and don't just give them out for free either

arrange a few contests for them, if anything, unless that proves too tedious for the GMs
maybe the first group to clear maraudon or blackfathom depths, or the first group(or player) to kill this particular elite quest mob whose quest is usually never done, while being on the quest to kill him
the contest would have no repeats and the reward for each would be the same as one of the donator rewards, ot prevent jealousy and whatnot

no rewards such as mounts or hycanith macaws though, nor the super-rare shirt from the butcher, that'd destroy their value(unless they're already donator rewards)

I like the idea of a 10-15g gift. It's a good incentive that does not bring high unbalance, and it would foment to develop the economy of the realm. Limited time, of course.

I think the people who discussed in the multiboxing topic would disagree with you :wub:

Gold is a horrible idea. While pets/tabards don't really harm anyone they aren't needed either, the start is hyped enough as is.

Save those for donations or special events.

yeah, what a terrible idea to try to lure more people here with something that won't affect neither the balance nor the difficulty of the levelling process (which, for some reason, most of you seem to want as difficult as possible)

brb gonna go kill myself now for ever thinking more population would be better.

Top Bottom