• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Incentive to start on this server (Just an idea)

Probably the last post,

@Sindrax It's not that someone won't try Kronos, it's that he might postpone it and he might not postpone it if there's an incentive to try it ASAP.

@Jahreno I'm not saying there is a problem and I'm not saying that population is going to be low. I'm saying that this idea could maybe bring some more players. More is usually better than less:)

@Joesus Yeah, you definitely read it whole.

Okay, let's just agree to disagree. It's no use discussing this with people who dismiss something so insignificant as 5 fucking gold coins as being non-blizzlike. It's 5 gold ffs, you buy a bag or some Common two hander from a vendor and it's gone. And never have I said that it has to be exactly 5, the amount, as is everything, is open for consideration.
The suggestion is here and even though it's labeled as absurd by some dude and some other dudes, noone with even the basic knowledge of marketing can claim that this kind of promotion doesn't work. The staff will have the finaly say and if they decide they don't want this, or they don't have the time to implement it, that's fine by me.

(I would really wish for Kronos to implement monthly payments and weekly server maintenance though, just so that your blizzlike dreams come true.)

Don't take this really personal, but... WTF MAN? Many people here are waiting for the epic adventure already, and they demand to experience this server on the lowest xp rates, because of the awesome work of Kronos's developers.
Just by giving away 5 gold, you could really fk up the whole economy at the start.
"But... if you get 5 gold, you can start some AH! :O You don't need those 5 extra gold to start to sell stuff, because you can do that with the money you got while you we're doing quests or sold items. It's a major turn-off, in my opinion.
Monthly payments? Just by knowing what amount of real life gold the developers and upkeepers of ED got, I must say that, Kronos team will get plenty of money with kind donators, who want to support this project, and from people, who would spend to get vanity items or, for example, faction/race change.

Don't take this really personal, but... WTF MAN? Many people here are waiting for the epic adventure already, and they demand to experience this server on the lowest xp rates, because of the awesome work of Kronos's developers.
Just by giving away 5 gold, you could really fk up the whole economy at the start.
"But... if you get 5 gold, you can start some AH! :O You don't need those 5 extra gold to start to sell stuff, because you can do that with the money you got while you we're doing quests or sold items. It's a major turn-off, in my opinion.
Monthly payments? Just by knowing what amount of real life gold the developers and upkeepers of ED got, I must say that, Kronos team will get plenty of money with kind donators, who want to support this project, and from people, who would spend to get vanity items or, for example, faction/race change.

Agreed. Let's just leave it as it is.

leave as it is
...or if you really really need to give the starting players something, give them a kronos tabard :)

Top Bottom