• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Is it alright to discuss the competition?

SeeQ

Authorized
By that I mean Nostalrius, hope its not taken as advertising, I wont be trying it out anyway but whats your opinion? Just checked them out - [video=youtube;YPsnRtXudxc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPsnRtXudxc[/video]
Looks neat, so I hope Chero has an answer ready :laugh:

Honestly opening 2 servers that want to accomplish the same thing seems like a big waste, the vanilla community is just not big enough

Nostalrius was a working French server with a small amount of English speaking community, basically another Valkyrie.

The video you picked left me wondering what was the actual fix here, because afaik pet Passive Mode was already working properly this way (unless Nostalrius guys bugged it somehow :) ). The issues with pets come with Defensive and Aggresive modes, where pets used to run away into the distance and aggro stuff on its own.
Also notice how the Succubus faces the wall while casting the second Seduction :tongue:

I wanted to try them out, so I registered an account and the second day they went offline and changed website into this, so I have no idea how stuff works. You can still have a look at http://archives.nostalrius.org/ which is their old forum. Some guy named Trentradke tried to bring english speakers into Nostalrius, but from the looks of it, it was even worse situation than on Valkyrie: http://archives.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=8084

That much for Nostalrius. Speaking of other servers, some guy "ice124" is trying to lure stuff from Rebirth here. You can read the reactions here: http://www.reddit.com/r/rebirthwow/comments/2ivv1k/server_down_update_20141010/cl6g4cx

Is it blizzlike that the succubus is casting Seduce while beeing invisible?

Shouldnt it be like becoming visible after using the spell Seduce?

The way it shown on the video makes no one able to interrupt the casting :/

Afaik it is Blizzlike, so yes, you cannot interrupt her.
Funny thing is, we have two bugreports concerning this issue that each state something else, and both are marked as fixed :lol:

https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=2699 Donkingz says she should become visible right when she starts casting, however in here https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=2901 I mention a video of Drakedog 6 where the Succubus stays invisible until the cast is finished.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=CPjngFs8dOg#t=97

:wacko:

ive watched there videos and kronos seems to be more impressive, it would be cool if they merged with kronos to make the ultimate server but sadly i doubt that will happen, kronos has more hype compared to them, i cant think of any reason to choose them over kronos, probably a good server none the less

I played their beta and the realm was pretty good.
From my experience with both servers Kronos is still better though.

The devs seem willing and able, but since its a mainly french project I am not likely going to play on it again.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong here, I am not racist. My last stay there was just, lets say, unpleasant.

Well there were some comments from them saying they are working on stuff no other private has. They might be overconfident maybe

http://archives.nostalrius.org/

Look at the difference between english and french activities on their forum, it is clearly showing that even if it is an international project, they are not really attracting english players. They are mostly keeping their old french community that they already had back when Nostalrius was fully french (2010).

In fact this project sounds to me like another Nostalrius with massive amount of french not really able and willing to speak english and this is going to be a serious issue for an international project. Just forget it.

"all hacks are detected"

They might find some guys they can fool with this.

what i find strange about their advertisement, they say it's the big Nostalrius Begins that's comming up and the time they were online in the past was their "beta phase".

Is that even true ?

Did they tell their players in the past that their are just having a looong beta phase and after that beta ends, they would make a "real" launch ? sounds like bollocks to me.

There was no sign of any "beta", see their server announcements...

25/07/2014
Major decision after players/staff discussion : Nostalrius server will stay online. Players don't want the server to close, even for one day. Staff reinforcement, clarification regarding characters importation, naxxramas opening and end of summer should help us to increase the actual population.

They were planning on fully fixing AV and stuff, not a word about beta or closing, etc. And suddenly, 2,5 weeks later, they announce international release and closing for the time being.

PS: They announced going international in April of this year, but they never mentioned a testing phase. I think they just found out about Corecraft, about Rebirth or about Kronos and started acting accordingly :)

Last edited:
i played on nostarius before it close down ,and multihack was working , same for blink door and a lot of other stuff :p i guess they will release at half/end 2015 for get on same level of kronos.
Still it was much better then rebirth or ed

i played on nostarius before it close down ,and multihack was working , same for blink door and a lot of other stuff :p i guess they will release at half/end 2015 for get on same level of kronos.
Still it was much better then rebirth or ed
Kronos has not released any videos about anticheat yet. Any proofs that multihack/imbawowhack are not working here?

You are free to try when server launches :)
All jokes aside. Normal hack programs don't work on Kronos. Frist-day-exploits might still work.
Port hacks will not work because of a proper server side check as state by Chero in another thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmHNfqaM-HA btw, succubus should become visible on cast :)
12:50, cast -> visible -> reflect seduce

Last edited:
Never heard of this server before. Either way, if they still keep the "Copy Char" option I'm sure some people will try it out. Seems quite monopolized by French pop. though.

i guess they will release at half/end 2015 for get on same level of kronos.

hehe, THEY say they are done with the work already and just wait for enough "followers" "subscribers" or whatever to launch the server. they must be ahead of us, if any of this is true :p

haha that with succubus is fail XD but i must say have seen some of they Videos and they have so many error in sorry some of the fixes are good but other i think then just wtf i am watching.....

Taken from the Nostralius site.

periodic events will appear to help them by boosting leveling.

I'm not interested in a server that's going to "boost leveling". I want strict 1x rates without some silly custom XP event crap. So I wish them luck, but I'd never play there.

The main difference is that they haven't given any release date yet, in contrary to Kronos.

See you in 2 months maximum for another Twinstar experience :p

Nostalrius isn't a viable choice for me, simply because they are planning to give former players their fully geared characters back some time after relaunch.

I'm more interested in what's happening on Rebirth right now.
Basically they got shut down by Blizzard interference (yet again), then they openly announced they are looking for a new host and they will be offline 1-4 weeks at least, and now the head admin openly announced that he wants more money from donations and that he's going for a 2 week long holiday :yes: Since I only check what's going on there once in a while, I was like WTF are they serious?!

:trollface: "send me money, I'm going on holiday to have some fun until you do it" :trollface:

PS: Lharts, right click into the video playback, select "copy video URL at current time". It helps a lot with posting proofs ;)

Don't worry, I know this. I just don't use it cause sometimes Script/Add blockers or w/e fuck it up. you can also just add the youtube timecode #t=12m50s to the end.

lol... you are kidding, right?

gib $ or no serv

Taken from their reddit (a repost by one of the readers):
At this moment in time, I'm holding a quote in my hand for the procurement of shiny new servers, dedicated Data Center hosting space for our hardware, internet bandwidth for the next 3 years, and the promise that we'll be unadultered in our mission to provide this server to the public.

We need exactly $41,948.96 for hardware. Estimated $12,000.00 a year for bandwidth, $450.00 a year for insurance. The Rebirth isn't going to die, I wont let it. It's too important to me - but the more you donate, the faster it'll come online, cause we absolutly WON'T raise all that we need, we'll just raise all that I'm comfortable asking for. In total, it's going to cost roughly 66,000 to host The Rebirth for the next year.

The most funny part is that admins posted this thing three months ago.

Hello Rebirthers,

I wanted to give everyone a status update, as I'm sure many of you are anxious to play again, just as we're anxious to have The Rebirth back online. The Rebirth to us is our baby, our project, our vision of what WoW should be.

It's unfortunate that we've met so much oposition in keeping The Rebirth alive, but that opposition fuels the battle that we are prepared to fight to stay online. In the face of that opposition, it makes us more aware that what we are doing is valuable, necessary, and wanted by many.

At this moment in time, I'm holding a quote in my hand for the procurement of shiny new servers, dedicated Data Center hosting space for our hardware, internet bandwidth for the next 3 years, and the promise that we'll be unadultered in our mission to provide this server to the public.

There comes a time in all servers lives where they must evaluate their mission, and their vision. We've redoubled on ours. We've waivered on the donations, just this ONE time, and for good reason. The monumental cost to take the servers out of the reach of Blizzards lawyering hands is something we can all share in. We're making a compromise on this, this 1 time, and then never again, which allows us to keep our other goals and visions for The Rebirth pure and in line with the original intent. No Rewards, No shortcuts, 100% Vanilla Like, Period.

In line with that statement, we're asking everyone to reach a little deeper. We need to punch up or efforts and attempt to reach our goal. If you can give, $5.00, or $50.00 or $500, it doesn't mater. It all helps. Even if you've donated before, please reach in again and see if you can spare a little more to keep this server alive.

We need exactly $41,948.96 for hardware. Estimated $12,000.00 a year for bandwidth, $450.00 a year for insurance. The Rebirth isn't going to die, I wont let it. It's too important to me - but the more you donate, the faster it'll come online, cause we absolutly WON'T raise all that we need, we'll just raise all that I'm comfortable asking for. In total, it's going to cost roughly 66,000 to host The Rebirth for the next year.

That was followed by a donation link via fundly.com and a hotmail email address for paypal. The fundly page does not exist and we don't know how much they got on their paypal. However, we have the archive.org so we can confirm that fundly page really existed :)
https://web.archive.org/web/20140713031326/https://fundly.com/rebirth-hosting

So Rebirth admin was "comfortable with asking" for 15,000 USD. Now, after three months, will they ask for another 15,000 USD or will something happen?

Interesting stuff. It's sad that people actually donated them money, but luckily at least one guy remembered and asked Rebirth admins:
What remains of the $10k~15k (iirc) raised 3 months ago? Could that be put towards this?
No response by the admins yet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom