• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Kronos is the best upcomming vanilla server?

Jesus christ people... Ask kronos testers what works and what doesn't work. We really don't need a server demo how it works we need a server to play on and demoing would just delay the release date. I trully believe chero knows what he's doing and what all has to be fixed and as he said... He doesn't need people running around in orgrimmar in tier 3 he needs a dedicated bunch of testers who are scanning for bugs and reporting and then checking again if the fix works and that's what he has.
We don't need a demo to shut other project people up and to see "if it really works". Check the damn videos and look what is fixed. Half of those things don't even work on other private servers. Just wait patiently until it's released and be the judge of yourself how it works. I can bet money that everything will work as it's designed to work with maybe 1 or 2 bugs popping out and they'll be fixed right away.

Thank you to all the people who made constructive comments. I see now that it is not a decision I have to make before the servers release. I am just glad that there are two serious servers comming up that are being worked hard on.

I will try them both in the order they come out I think.

Sorry if I inadvertently caused the trolls to come out. Admins can close the thread now if they feel it is getting annoing.

Cheers!

I am not sure this is a 100% objective POV but since it is done by other people that could bring some good information i will link this : http://vanilla-wow.wikia.com/wiki/Kronos_WoW?oldid=25281
It is not updated and i would like to quote some things:

• superb Pathfinding It may be not perfect but it is so nice to play . I liked it on Kronos 2
  • 16slot Debuff Limit It really works here. And this was fixed before 2012 launch, in the beta phase. I searched for a server where this mechanic would work but could not find it until we made a post on Kronos page and they fixed it. Some other servers claim that they have this feature working for gazilions of years (including Nostalrius) but i tried them at that time and none was close to truth.
  • Heartbeat Resistance Something that PvP players really enjoyed it. Many pages of research and debates made this very important mechanic almost flawless. Also Deminishing Returns work so good. I am not a "elite" PvP-er, just a casual guy, but i saw some elite PvP players and they are present here on forum , so they can share this with you.
  • Blizzlike Buff/Aura/Elixir stacking Another thing that was corrected by the staff. Maybe there are some minor adjustments to be done (i am not aware of any) but it was working nice. I haven't seen it on any other server yet.

I would also want to add that Twinstar has a very strong community and staff. They could have buried Kronos server after their second try. They could have focused on their new Cataclysm server and on WotLK/TBC servers that have bigger player base but they decided to continue with Kronos server. Why i ask myself? Well i think that they saw the potential of Chero&co work and they must truly believe they can make the best server ever.
Also there are some players and forum members that are doing a lot of work by searching and offering valid info/data needed for fixing, and i mean real TheoryCrafting experts i could say. Something that i only saw on Rebirth forum.
In my mind, on a scale from 1 to 10, Kronos is somewhere between 8.5-9 while Nostalrius is about 7-7.5.
But this is just subjective POV, and i will play on the best server that will come online. KRONOS.
PS: I forgot to mention that Kronos is the first server i played that has no freezes in dungeons/raids/battlegrounds. After boy genius Chero got his hands on this bug all server was freeze free.

Last edited by a moderator:
PS: I forgot to mention that Kronos is the first server i played that has no freezes in dungeons/raids/battlegrounds. After boy genius Chero got his hands on this bug all server was freeze free.​
this is honestly so fucking great

Are you going to come and hack on the upcoming Nostal PvE test, indaco? They said they're gonna detect and ban any hackers now, so this is gonna be your big chance!

It's hard to say wich one is the best but easy to guess that both are promising.

I'm planning to play on Kronos because I have known the old Nostalrius before it became international and I don't have good memories about it sadly. Also I'm kinda disturbed by the fact that Nostalrius is not going to have any Cash Shop while they are providing DDOS, Anti-Hack, and have a dozen of developers ? Is this truely possible without asking anything in return, not even vanity rewards ?

Nostalrius has been developed since 2010 by more than 16 experienced developers.

I just saw this on their homepage, to be honest they don't have 16 developers anymore, it is just the amount of developers wich have contribute over the past few years but not their actual amount. In fact they are more or less selling dreams, playing with words and for that we have to be good at reading between lines. Remember Q-Gaming.

Imo Kronos is more reassuring and they sound more honest with their community.

Last edited:
Are you going to come and hack on the upcoming Nostal PvE test, indaco? They said they're gonna detect and ban any hackers now, so this is gonna be your big chance!

Why should he care? Even if they manage to ban him, he doesn't want to be there anyway?

Well he does want to prove that Nostalrius is inferior, no? Enough to make videos about it, even.

@Wind Same as you I played on the project before and can relate to all you are saying man. The main difference is I also played here and can compare both projects from an inside POV.

@Ghostly Indaco is doing it for the lols mostly.

Nostalrius was created in march 2010 by a french community, based on a MaNGOS core with instant 55 / instant 60 characters for testing purposes.

Also Nostalrius Team is saying that their previous version of the server was a planned beta but imo it is just a pretext to not say that it was a fail. A large part of their french community has been stolen by the biggest and current french competitor : Nostalgeek.

Anyway they were not risking a lot to hide this since most of the Vanilla community does not know that so they can say almost everything they want about their past, notably hide all possible mistakes.

Last edited:
Just the fact that kronos is under the twinstar project gives it an edge over nostal. Proven DDOS protection, re-allocation of staff from other projects when needed, and funds to invest into the server.

I'm sure nostalrius will have some quality scripting, it just comes off as a basement project comparatively.

Just the fact that kronos is under the twinstar project gives it an edge over nostal.
QFT
It is amazing how so many failed to realize that. Or worse, tried to use it as a counter argument as someone on CoreCrafts forum did.

You see, this might sound a little harsh, but I'm not one to believe in empty promises. Both Kronos and Nostalrius are almost same in my eyes, both very promising projects, both promise to deliver scripting better than ever before and also back up their promises with vids of fixes. The difference is, Nostalrius decided to actually give people a glimpse of what's awaiting them.

For me, personally, the difference is that I've already seen what Kronos has to offer. Not sure if you know, but the server has actually been online before. It was simply mindblowing, whether we're talking about functionality or the level of attention the developers paid to the bugtracker and fixing of newly discovered issues. The only negative of this realm has been the amount of population and should that change for the better (which it already has) the so called choice is not really a choice at all.

For me, personally, the difference is that I've already seen what Kronos has to offer. Not sure if you know, but the server has actually been online before. It was simply mindblowing, whether we're talking about functionality or the level of attention the developers paid to the bugtracker and fixing of newly discovered issues. The only negative of this realm has been the amount of population and should that change for the better (which it already has) the so called choice is not really a choice at all.

Exactly my thoughts. Especially the mind-blowing part... You said it all, pal. :yes:

I see only one advantage that nostalrius has. It is their idea to copy characters after cleaning all contents and start TBC.

I see only one advantage that nostalrius has. It is their idea to copy characters after cleaning all contents and start TBC.

Theres no way for everyone on a server to "finish" vanilla unless they close registration after 1 day.

I would be mad to be a fresh 60 and then being put in Tbc, or if its a separate realm, then half of the population gone.

And as far Tbc goes, there will only be 1 choice

Indeed it's a stupid idea. Your 60 gear is useless in outland anyway. Might as well just get an instant 58 on coreraft.

The advantage is still for Kronos though since they actually have a working tbc realm.

Last edited:
Maybe someone already said that but what just occurred to me is that I heard many times that French hate using English. And Nostarius was a french server right? So I guess there will be many French players. And I can imagine that they will speak only French in public chats :D

Most probably Kronos is the best. But there is also another good server which is relatively new **********

Most probably Kronos is the best. But there is also another good server which is relatively new ********

Aside from the very low population (just checked, 97 people on), I've heard from several people who have tried it. It has many issues and launched way before it was ready.

Top Bottom