• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Kronos is the best upcomming vanilla server?

Aside from the very low population (just checked, 97 people on), I've heard from several people who have tried it. It has many issues and launched way before it was ready.

Yea I tried it as well, and got to around level 10, and realized that it's another garbage private server just like the rest.

X-Savior was a long time developer of MaNGOS and was one of the core members of World of Warcraft emulation scene along with Vladimir and TheLuda. His most notable work is known as ACID, which basically gave "life" to trash mobs over the world and dungeons. He did many researches, the most recent is creature stat system, which I explained somewhere already.

So, all he is saying is valid, but might sound kinda offensive. :wink:

Most probably Kronos is the best. But there is also another good server which is relatively new ********

I just signed up after seeing this and so far I'm impressed.....60ms from Canada. Not sure where it's hosted but so far so good. Will make a good time killer until Kronos launches.

Last edited by a moderator:
X-Savior was a long time developer of MaNGOS and was one of the core members of World of Warcraft emulation scene along with Vladimir and TheLuda. His most notable work is known as ACID, which basically gave "life" to trash mobs over the world and dungeons. He did many researches, the most recent is creature stat system, which I explained somewhere already.

So, all he is saying is valid, but might sound kinda offensive. :wink:

Very much true, he certainly deserves respect in the field, even though he might not be expressing himself properly, from time to time. Last year I worked alongside a dev on another vanilla project, shaping it up a bit etc. Saviors open source projects were of a lot of help and provided insight into certain things.

As for which server will be better, difficult to say. I've been monitoring both since mid-last year and both have their ups and downs.

- Past communities will be problems on both, because there was a notion of intolerance on Nost same as it was on horde side of Kronos. As long as they will be rigorously monitored and sanctioned for any offense, should be fine.
- Development is progressing steadily on both, with Kronos prefering the way of youtube videos, intern testing and calm voices while letting those devoted act as spokesmen like Lharts. On the other hand, Nost is more aggressive, using 'big' words and grand plans to describe their dev phase, Viper being on top of every discussion, more open testing then intern, less videos but to the point and similar. Depending on the level of perfection both servers are trying to accomplish, estimates point towards spring as earliest (for almost bug-free vanilla with most content ready on-hand).
- Kronos seems to be gaining slightly more attention, however both servers already have their fair share of planned/devoted future players. If you check more closely, some guilds on other servers already planned their transfers, some chose Nost, some Kronos.

Basically, it boils down to which server comes out first. Most, if not all people on this forum, will try Nost if it releases first, if for nothing else, to see the quality of development there. You might not stick around playing, but you will for sure make a character and poke around searching for bugs and stuff, basically anything that will mentally satisfy your curiosity and the need for yellow-pages material. Same goes if Kronos pops first.

If satisfied, some of those 'explorers' might actually stay on the other realm and make it their home. Some will decide to play on both. As previously said, time of release is the answer to a lot of thoughts currently roaming trough our heads. We'll see what happens once the first one opens its gates.

Happy waiting :wink:

Last edited:
Not sure why Vengeance isn't getting more attention. Until today I thought it was either Kronos or Nostalrius but I've been playing all day on Vengeance with 60ms latency in Canada(they have a server hosted here) and have been very impressed.

By the looks of things I may end up having active toons on more than one server. Really excited about what Kronos is doing with the advanced AI, etc. but in the meantime Vengeance has been great so far.

Not sure why Vengeance isn't getting more attention. Until today I thought it was either Kronos or Nostalrius but I've been playing all day on Vengeance with 60ms latency in Canada(they have a server hosted here) and have been very impressed.

By the looks of things I may end up having active toons on more than one server. Really excited about what Kronos is doing with the advanced AI, etc. but in the meantime Vengeance has been great so far.

After 4 levels I discovered 2 very annoying bugs on warrior: charge doesn't take you to melee range, stops you right outside of melee range, and you either have to wait for the mob to come closer to you have to run closer, and the other is that you can only activate heroic strike in melee range, outside of melee range gives error, and after activating, you can't cancel it. So that was enough of vengeance for me.

After 4 levels I discovered 2 very annoying bugs on warrior: charge doesn't take you to melee range, stops you right outside of melee range, and you either have to wait for the mob to come closer to you have to run closer, and the other is that you can only activate heroic strike in melee range, outside of melee range gives error, and after activating, you can't cancel it. So that was enough of vengeance for me.

Hmmm maybe I picked the right class then(Pally)...haven't noticed any bugs yet.

Hmmm maybe I picked the right class then(Pally)...haven't noticed any bugs yet.

Started as tauren shaman, had run into 2 bugs in 2 of the cleansing the well quests and when tried casting my fishing rod into stonebull lake I get a constant "Can only cast into water" where ever i went...though relogging did fix this.

Though you are correct it is a nice little time waster when waiting for Kronos...but i'll probably stick with Rebirth for the time being, since they are back up and running and have a little bit of a higher pop

Last edited:
that fight wasn't fair ! Bhag'thera was facing a 'rare elite' player :shifty:

LiXnLag.jpg

The description of the video includes the bugfix for that particular bug, but it also states that other spells like consecration are still bugged with JotC, and from what I know, the server sucks in general...

The description of the video includes the bugfix for that particular bug, but it also states that other spells like consecration are still bugged with JotC, and from what I know, the server sucks in general...

It's a fine waste of time before Kronos. Sure beats the welfare epic culture of retail.

It is a waste of time, and since you can find annoying bugs on basic mechanics 10 minutes into the game, it's definitely not fine.

Coming on a bit strong there. If he is enjoying himself its fine for him, no need to berate HIS current experience. Let him enjoy himself a little before Kronos :p

Coming on a bit strong there. If he is enjoying himself its fine for him, no need to berate HIS current experience. Let him enjoy himself a little before Kronos :p

Ohh I wasn't trying to berate his experience, at all. I was describing my experience with the server. Sorry, should have added that this is my subjective opinion.

Vengewow started as simple stock mangos with applied acid etc. Now, one person with a few helpers is trying to fix it up. Xsavior is extremely passionate and respected member of the emu community as the creator of a lot of stuff that is powering today's private servers around the globe, however in this age, you simply don't open a server to players after just downloading stock from the net, not when you have Kronos, Nost, CC and others who are garnering all the attention trough all the hard work prior to opening.

Sadly, don't see any future for vengewow even though I admire X in his attempts.

Also there's bugged Reckoning, IRoF, Seal of Command spelldmg, procrate and damage. Consecrate takes bonus damage from AP. Buff stacking works (two judgements anyone?), aura stacking does not work (Head Crack removes Seal of Righteousness + vice versa). One of their fixes managed to bug all below threshold & quest loot for all loot types in groups. CC random movement does not stop when you dispel CC, Sunken Temple minibosses don't drop quest items properly, nearly all Blackrock Depths quests are bugged and cannot be completed and I could keep going for quite a while.

I'd say we talked enough about Vengewow, let's try something else :wink:

:biggrin: creepy
it's the best :biggrin:

Lets talk about the management of Emerald Dream selling legendaries to players. I heard a rumor that Sidesprang recieved both bindings of the Windseeker during the guilds first run through Molten Core.

This could not have happened legitimately, no questions asked, and I watched forums for a while accusing the management of selling items for server first legendaries

I remember one of the posts accusing the management was a ex-developer/worker taking part in managing Emerald Dream who couldnt continue to work with Athairne.

Top Bottom