• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Make world bosses great again!

Empty threats, meq man. Developers would have taken action a long time ago if they were really illegal.

I mean, what makes you think Vanguard hasn't been closely watched for the past two years as the highlighted 'abuser guild'

VG walks the fine line, to the point where I'm certain it annoys the dev team, but devs won't take action unless it's actually an issue.

So just chill, keep improving organization instead of all this kiddo finger pointing and maybe we'll get the guild pvp you want.

Last edited:
I cannot believe the wipe club guys posting are THAT stupid. You know only because your alte cast at the same time it does not automatically mean there is a multiboxing software involved. There are even ordinary wow addons (I repeat: no external software) that can do this. Also stop accusing other guilds already. The point of this thread was to change something about world bosses so you can make it to them in time. Your arguments about x7 and so on have been proven to be invalid and you guys keep provoking or not getting that your arguments are wrong.
You should use the time you invest in talking utter nonsense on the forums in organizing your guild and leveling your own summoning alts.

I'm glad I contributed to so much fun. This thread sure seems to live up the hate between horde and alliance, which was really needed on this server. Keep it up, you're doing it right!

And.. yeah, world bosses on K2 was sooo uncontested.. like all the NOPE/REMEDY people, Gooberment, easy, PTS, Wipe Club, alliance coalition etc etc.. yeah yeah, it was only shitters who contested world bosses. Right. Do I need to remind you how much K2 was thriving while K1 was literally nothing but raid loggers before the merge? Yeah, we did check out your server once in a while before the merge. Please don't try to convince us otherwise. I'm at least glad you started playing more again after the merge. Come and get us! I dare you.

I'm glad I contributed to so much fun. This thread sure seems to live up the hate between horde and alliance, which was really needed on this server. Keep it up, you're doing it right!

And.. yeah, world bosses on K2 was sooo uncontested.. like all the NOPE/REMEDY people, Gooberment, easy, PTS, Wipe Club, alliance coalition etc etc.. yeah yeah, it was only shitters who contested world bosses. Right. Do I need to remind you how much K2 was thriving while K1 was literally nothing but raid loggers before the merge? Yeah, we did check out your server once in a while before the merge. Please don't try to convince us otherwise. I'm at least glad you started playing more again after the merge. Come and get us! I dare you.

I have never claimed only shitters went for world bosses on K2 'nor that they were "uncontested", but it has become blatantly obvious from posts from former K2-players (including allies) that the competition was nowhere near this fierce. I mean, you are allegedly the top dawg of K2, and you made a thread literally complaining about bosses dying within 30 minutes of spawning (which apparently is too fast for you?), so the only conclusion I can draw, without being a K2-expert, is your competitors were not as dedicated as some Memento Mori or Vanguard people are. If they were, you guys would be used to this pace, but clearly you aren't.

With that said I'm happy to see you have initiated contact to other horde guilds and have gotten people riled up. Looking forward to next Emerald Dragon spawn :) And see you 17:00 ST in Azshara.

Hi Pipfugl,

I am the guild master of Memento Mori, and I am happy that you bring up this subject and I can tell everyone what I think of your suggestion and my view of the world bosses in general. The 30 min timer suggested can be an alright fix if it give horde the needed time for assembling the forces from lack of warlocks, but I believe 30min is to much, 15min should be more reasonable. However the lack of horde activities often make it a battle of tag between alliance guilds, the tag battle is very boring and tedious so I do not think its a good long term solution. If the Alliance continue the dominance I am afraid Horde will lose focus and the will to compete which happened before, leaving us with the tag battle that Alliance do not like. Think this is the reason this thread get so much flaming left and right.

Memento Mori have never really been a hunter of world bosses guild, we do it for fun only. It is pushed by some very committed members and when they see a boss we all try to help as a team. I myself love world PvP, however the people scouting want to get rewarded by actual kills. So priority is not the PvP itself but claiming as many bosses as possible. I saw a note that Lethon was number one, but I disagree, both Lethon and Ysondre is very good dragons to kill with good loot tables. We aim to converge into a PvP battle for the last dragon from the nightmare dragons when no left alone (easy) drakes still remain. This week we tried Ysondre and having a rogue killing horde MT to give us enough time to steal Lethon as well, but this did not happened. If you wiped we would for sure come to Lethon as that was our second target. Have in mind that the 30 min timer is what enable both Vanguard/MM to start on the same nightmare drake, winning the tag battle give a high chance of success for more dragon kills than any other guilds. So already the "timer" is very unpopular for that very reason.

I do also remember myself when we started world bosses in Memento Mori as a new guild how the disadvantages it felt, our solution back then was to team up with Synced that had warlock system in place. Nowadays its three people I believe that place their warlocks in strategic places, after all one warlock and two clicker is what you need. I do however think as you Pipfugl that something can be changed here to improve the situation for the Horde. The changes I feel would make sense is the reverse of warlock level 45 requirement back to 20 and keep everything else as they are. This would give new guilds not only for the Horde a good and very easy way to build up a system quickly if they feel the need. Personally I do not like the 30 min timer but to give Horde a carrot and the possibilities with more time to gather up multiple guilds is good if it enables the Hordes for more world action.

So in summery I think the best action is to keep the timer on nightmare dragons, since that is the most likely place for Horde to find success and let Kazzak/Azuregos be as they are so we have some type of middle ground. This way the tag battle can be chosen between Alliance guilds and avoided as well by our own choices, making room for people and guilds to play as they want. Along with the warlock level 45 summing requirement reverted.

PS: The picture of the kids where I was included was hilarious. Also I made this account only to answer this thread, I do not read the forum so do not ask me any questions or followup. If you want to discuss anything or further details from our point of view on this feel free to contact me in game.

BR,
Dance

Last edited:
Thank you Dance, that was a good post. We're going to try compete no matter what happens - but yes, something needs to be changed to counter the current warlock situation, because it's making the competition slightly unfair, no matter how you twist and turn it.

#theworldpvpthatwasyouhuggingalliancetobeat<easy>xdd

I never fucking did that, so gtfo. That actually triggers me people still believe I was the mastermind behind that ONE episode, I wasn't even online when it happened.

Just to get on the same page as everybody else in this thread (and please correct me if I'm wrong):

You bros who originally played on K2 thought you were the badass. The best around. Nobody could defeat you.

Now that you get beaten, you blame some random insignificant game mechanic (which is accessible to anyone) for your failure?

Oh Hey jfx, that was me :)

- - - Updated - - -

lol it's a game mechanic to have a x7 event?

these nerds were gonna level warlocks to lv45 with or without a 7x event
these nerds are still levelling locks to lv 45 even without a 7x event even now
if u wanna beat these nerds u gonna have to out nerd them but idk if that's possible tbh

fking nerds...

Or just use 3rd party programs

Just to get on the same page as everybody else in this thread (and please correct me if I'm wrong):

You bros who originally played on K2 thought you were the badass. The best around. Nobody could defeat you.

Now that you get beaten, you blame some random insignificant game mechanic (which is accessible to anyone) for your failure?

When did we get beat? But you are right, we are kinda badass. And LOL "accessible to anyone" - you know we never had XP boost on K2 right? Try again.

Their domination is based on the dedication of the few scouting and their communication network and willingness to wake up at shit hours at night. It really is that simple.

No.

With equivalent scouting, communication and will, K2 Horde do not stand a chance.

They will never catch up to a guild that has 205 warlocks capable of summoning 5 geared alts per person across the globe.

They will never catch up to a guild that had 6 extra months of AQ and 6 more of BWL/MC with multiple equally geared alts they leveled with an exp event.

You guys are trying to toot your horn so hard but you have every advantage possible over them, you barely have to do any work.

I'm sorry your Kronos life was so easy you have to try to put other people down to make you feel like you actually accomplished anything.

Oh Hey jfx, that was me :)

- - - Updated - - -

lol it's a game mechanic to have a x7 event?

When did we get beat? But you are right, we are kinda badass. And LOL "accessible to anyone" - you know we never had XP boost on K2 right? Try again.

Anyone can level a Warlock to 45. That's what I mean with "accessible to anyone". I trusted you'd be able to figure that out yourselves. But that attitude that you show here of not even considering to level up your own Warlocks just because "the others got a headstart" is very unsightly. That's not how you become the best.

One aspect of this debacle that people seem to overlook is that there are no K1 horde contesting wbosses, whereas it is exclusively K1 ally. For these first few post-merge months, there will be an imbalance.

The summoning infrastructure of the top alliance guilds is most likely mirrored in the top horde guilds, but the latter simply are not willing to contest - leaving Wipe Club, a K2 guild without that same infrastructure, alone vs K1 ally. The same can be said for the state of alts. Let's not pretend this wouldn't happen.

I can sympathise with their argument from this perspective having read more of this thread, and I think lv20 summoning is a step in the right direction. However, the damage is (for the most part) already done, and K2 horde do have some catching up to do. That isn't to say they can't catch up from the summoning front, but from the alt front I think they are out of luck.

On the other hand, Meckie's observations that the contesting horde don't seem motivated is somewhat true. As Pip said, the current horde players are not the type to log out their mains in Azshara, only to be woken up at 5am to contest with only 10 people. I remember watching <easy> log mains there, so there likely is life in the K2 horde still. On a server this old and progressed, worldbosses stop being motivating.

Regardless, I can't think of a long-term solution to propose, as I don't think there even is one. Lv20 summoning would help, but that wouldn't balance the alt count. The organisation of quick attendance is part of the fun of worldbosses, and therefore I cannot support more noob timers at 30m length as it punishes the most organised. A shorter length timer might work e.g. 10 mins. However, if there is slacking in the horde (as admitted by Pip in some of his posts), adjusting the rules of the game would be unsportsmanlike.

The immediate solution is for K1 horde to step in and help get worldbosses in some sort of coalition, as they are doing now on the 4ED. To expect Wipe Club to have the alt and summoner infrastructure on it's own is naive. Lv20 summoning would also even the playing field at least somewhat.

Last edited:
They will never catch up to a guild that has 205 warlocks capable of summoning 5 geared alts per person across the globe.

They will never catch up to a guild that had 6 extra months of AQ and 6 more of BWL/MC with multiple equally geared alts they leveled with an exp event.

Perhaps this is true for Vanguard, but certainly not for us.
Our guild has 3 lvl 45 warlocks right now, logged in to check.
We also have two AQ-geared alts (one is never at world bosses), not more. Some BWL from the Risen PuG, but most of us have not been playing here for a year, so we don't have these old BWL chars either.

But that is also why we get a few, and not all of them, and it's totally fine ;)
Others put more effort into it.

Let me just summarize some of the stuff here.
The main issue Pip is trying to "fix" here in his own words is that we have little open world pvp here. That was always so fun in old memories from 12 years ago, because you spent a few evenings mindlessly zerging in Tarren's Mill, at least for him and few others. Seems though that not that many 60's that are kinda geared enjoy this, otherwise this would happen more often organicly, or on set dates on forums. Does not happen too much. So, what you should conclude from that is, that it is just not that much fun for most, so don't force your wishes on everyone trying to get your own personal fix. If you really "only" started for worldpvp, you chose the wrong game, i am sorry, but open world pvp sucks anyways. Wait for Arena, play a different pvp-game, with better balance hopefully, play some Go if you think you are that smart, or perhaps try real fighting sports in rl to push you.

But okay, let's say your intent is to bolster world pvp, and really push the alliance on it to create unknown and unwanted fun for most players, then i don't get this situation. You have roughly 35-45 hordes at Lethon, you have complete control of the most prized dragon, in your words. There is a few alliance spies, but nothing major, since they went to other dragons first. What is the logical choice to do? Kill him as fast as possible?
Surely not. IF your goals would be the ones stated by you, you would never attack Lethon, guard him, clear the trash to have more open room, and wait for us to come to him. Alliance would take some time to kill the others, and then converge onto your spot, bringing you exactly what you want, and you even have the high ground to bolster the advantage for some neat pvp. But wait, this didn't happen. You just killed him fast and were glad no one showed up to interrupt you. Way to go and prove that you are all about the loot after all?

If i remember right, the timers on Emerald Dragons were done so more people could gather up since the NR loot is important for AQ40. Never really agreed but okay. Most everyone trying for this does not need the NR gear, it's nice small upgrades but not needed, on both sides i am sure. So, just remove all timers from all bosses, not add timers to the others. I am totally aware that we probably will loose more bosses this way, because we also lack infrastructure, but it does reward the ones who put in the most work. Having a timer on these bosses will become old shortly. Taggingbattles are just the worsed, i think everyone can agree. Having hours of worldpvp in addition to taggingwars will only lead to one thing, very little people showing up to them anymore, since after your own admission, the loot is not that great. So, again, no awesome worldbosspvp that you are missing from 12y ago, but no one else who really did it back then, misses.

Last edited:
Solution: Make world bosses drawp legendaries, the knight rider car and flasks -> soon meni wierld pevepe will hap-pen. And pls make that change and everybody who is against it is a K1 x7 faggot who stands no chance against me in PVP cuz my dick is longest.

No.

With equivalent scouting, communication and will, K2 Horde do not stand a chance.

You guys are trying to toot your horn so hard but you have every advantage possible over them, you barely have to do any work.

I'm sorry your Kronos life was so easy you have to try to put other people down to make you feel like you actually accomplished anything.

Gear-wise you are correct. Everything else is simply nonsense in the context of getting worldbosses.

Top Bottom