• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Multibox

well guys, you can get another shoutout from us, but as of today, you won't hear a final answer.

Currently, there are more important things for us to think about than the one multiboxing question. You will of course find out about the final status about multiboxing well in advance before we launch.

One thing i want to mention about keeping it blizzlike or not. Following what blizzard allowed and what they didnt is irrelevant to us in this particular regard. This is not retail, you don't need to pay for any accounts you create which makes multiboxing available for everyone who wants to try it out. Getting a program that clones your keypresses needs no effort and these programs are so user friendly that it is indeed very easy for most people to get into this. (i multiboxed myself in the past, i know how easy it is to set up)

These facts alone will increase the amount of multiboxers relative to the overall population in this private server environment.
People change their playstyle because of this and there are very obvious benefits that come along with multiboxing. While it is tougher to level several characters at once and it certainly takes more time to get all of these to 60 than leveling a single character ... the benefits afterwards are so high (being able to get dungeon loot without needing to share it with a whole grp. being able to oneshot-twoshot highlevel elite mobs to earn money faster) that personally, i don't like the idea very well to enable multiboxing this time around.

Anyways, this is just me, so this doenst have to mean anything. When we've made the final decision, there will be a News announcement about this, so you will not miss it.

Omg the gods actually hear us praying! Joking aside thanks for stepping from the shadows and letting us know that you thought about this. Keep prioritizing the goals, we will humbly wait and keep spamming in the forums :biggrin: Keep up the good work Kronos-team.

well guys, you can get another shoutout from us, but as of today, you won't hear a final answer.

Currently, there are more important things for us to think about than the one multiboxing question. You will of course find out about the final status about multiboxing well in advance before we launch.

One thing i want to mention about keeping it blizzlike or not. Following what blizzard allowed and what they didnt is irrelevant to us in this particular regard. This is not retail, you don't need to pay for any accounts you create which makes multiboxing available for everyone who wants to try it out. Getting a program that clones your keypresses needs no effort and these programs are so user friendly that it is indeed very easy for most people to get into this. (i multiboxed myself in the past, i know how easy it is to set up)

These facts alone will increase the amount of multiboxers relative to the overall population in this private server environment.
People change their playstyle because of this and there are very obvious benefits that come along with multiboxing. While it is tougher to level several characters at once and it certainly takes more time to get all of these to 60 than leveling a single character ... the benefits afterwards are so high (being able to get dungeon loot without needing to share it with a whole grp. being able to oneshot-twoshot highlevel elite mobs to earn money faster) that personally, i don't like the idea very well to enable multiboxing this time around.

Anyways, this is just me, so this doenst have to mean anything. When we've made the final decision, there will be a News announcement about this, so you will not miss it.

Thank you for this post. While there is no definitive answer on the question of multiboxing, what you have stated gives a lot of us hope that the Kronos team is making the best possible decision for the server.

most people to get into this
Just make mbox PAY-TO-PLAY, thats all. is this hard to made?
If u do this, you dont see MOST PEOPLE on mboxing.
It becomes just COUPLE of mboxers on the server, plus some money for you.
BUT DONT BAN THEM, because this is RIDICULOUS

Last edited:
Just make mbox PAY-TO-PLAY, thats all. is this hard to made?
If u do this, you dont see MOST PEOPLE on mboxing.
It becomes just COUPLE of mboxers on the server, plus some money for you.
BUT DONT BAN THEM, because this is RIDICULOUS
how about no. why are you so desperate to multi box? is it really going to ruin the game for you to play like it was intended?

how about no. why are you so desperate to multi box? is it really going to ruin the game for you to play like it was intended?
I dont want soloing, this is boring for me.
It was intended by blizzard - ALLOW multibox WITHOUT fukn stupid rules

Last edited:
Because of money, see - no money - no multibox on retail. And since software is so much better and hardware is even more, a person can control 40+ instances of wow on a single machine. It is ridiculous, no multiboxing is the way to go IMHO. Cheating is for single player games.

the benefits afterwards are so high (being able to get dungeon loot without needing to share it with a whole grp. being able to oneshot-twoshot highlevel elite mobs to earn money faster) that personally, i don't like the idea very well to enable multiboxing this time around.

:thumbup1:

I like this whole post just did not want to quote it all again.

Gotta say I am happy with this response! Thank you for atleast sharing your opinion.

Multiboxers - the same players as the rest.
Enter ban for it means disrespect to them.
And again-its not a CHEATING. Its more fun (for me), its longer way than solo, but not a CHEATING

Multiboxers - the same players as the rest.
Enter ban for it means disrespect to them.
And again-its not a CHEATING. Its more fun (for me), its longer way than solo, but not a CHEATING

I just wanted to say, that your avatar reallllllly matches the posts you make. :thumbup1:

That is all.

1. I don't know ANY vanilla server with ban for mbox.
2. "There more important things for us to think about" - they did not even have time to think about it. Thus, at the start they did not even think about any ban for it
Relax, guys

1. I don't know ANY vanilla server with ban for mbox.

that might be because kronos is the first server that cares about the integrity of the game, most servers don't launch with good intentions, running private servers is a good way to make money and most will consider compromising the game for cash, for example Valkyrie sells lvl 60s, ED wants to sell gear...those servers allow anything because there running a business, apart from rebirth, kronos is the last legit server left

Last edited:
its not a CHEATING

While classifying it as "cheating" may be a bit much, one could argue multiboxing would have a very pronounced negative impact on value of items, competition for access to resources and PvP in general. The main problem is how one person can essentially do the job of 5+ people while simultaneously acting on a single will and purpose, with reduced needs to boot. I've never ran into a multiboxer personally but I think the implications of unregulated use would be a major problem for a private server.

It's a combination of population and accessibility. Even if Kronos is the second coming of Christ (which I guess I am hoping for), I don't think it'll quite match retail populations. This is particularly notable when you take other servers that Blizz had into account. Then you remove the main barrier of entry; subscription fees. Now anyone can multibox to their heart's content and enjoy all of the benefits it brings. It's a bad combination.

While I would prefer if multiboxing is banned, I'd prob'ly accept regulated use of it. I just don't want to see 5x Shamans/whatevers all over the place, blocking progress on multiple fronts.

Last edited:
I just don't want to see 5x Shamans/whatevers all over the place
remove the main barrier of entry; subscription fees
Now anyone can multibox
conclusion from this: make mboxers pay-to-play
they may play, if they pay.
Now NOONE can multibox, exсept couple of "morons", who want to pay for private server playing.
(and no ban for this "morons" for pvp\pve\ and other stupidity rules from shithole, of coarse)

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of multiboxers, but you don't see them very often on x1 leveling. But they are not allowed to engage in world pvp or BGs, so do they really bother us?

They farm way more effectively and could (not say that it would, but even the possibility of it is bad imo) have a negative impact on the server economy.

OPINION INC!!!!
Besides its plain retarded, immersion breaking, w/e and unnecessary.

But they are not allowed to engage in world pvp or BGs, so do they really bother us?
In this moment, multibox is allowed all the way.
I think it would be fair not to allow only world pvp GANKING with mbox

In this moment, multibox is allowed all the way.
I think it would be fair not to allow only world pvp GANKING with mbox
im starting to think this guy is a troll that actually wants to get multi boxing banned

hmm i think:
A: He is a childish fool who only wants to play a game when he can have extra benefits or cheats and dislikes equality.
B: He is a troll that tries to make it even more obvious why not to allow it.
C: Random troll who took random popular subject and likes to troll around

I'm not a fan of multiboxers, but you don't see them very often on x1 leveling. But they are not allowed to engage in world pvp or BGs, so do they really bother us?

on ED maybe (which isn't the only private server out there). And yes, they bother me.

Top Bottom