• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Nala's updates on Discord

What Twinstar should do is create official subreddits and discord then, and promote them on their facebook,twitter and forums. Then it will cause people to no longer go to the misinformation that is the current discord and subbreddit

Twinstar may not feel the need to create an official page/account on every single social media platform on the internet. I mean, I'm not against them making an official reddit, but there are a lot of social media platforms, and it takes work to manage each one. Next people will be suggesting they make an official tumblr.

I'm not saying your idea is bad, just that Twinstar may feel their forums, as well as an official twitter account and official facebook account, is enough. :shrugs:

Twinstar may not feel the need to create an official page/account on every single social media platform on the internet. I mean, I'm not against them making an official reddit, but there are a lot of social media platforms, and it takes work to manage each one. Next people will be suggesting they make an official tumblr.

I'm not saying your idea is bad, just that Twinstar may feel their forums, as well as an official twitter account and official facebook account, is enough. :shrugs:

Ya i totally get what your saying, its hard controlling every social media, the downside is (and were seeing right now) is that if someone creates a social media account based on kronos and it gains traction, then presents itself as being official when its not, then official sources take a very long time to explain that the social media accounts are not official then this causes mass confusion and exploitation of power from the unofficial moderators

I came to know it via the subreddit that nala used to control. (kronoswow) that subreddit had a link to the new subbreddit for kronos 2 (kronos2) and on that new kronos subredit had a link to the discord on the sidebar. Also people have posted links to the discord via facebook and other social media
Which means that Nala's post directed you to Nala's reddit which directed you to Nala's discord. Which brings me back to the issue that I can't find any "Nala" in the team roster of Moderators, GMs or Admins.

I don't know if this Nala person had any moderator powers on the official reddit forum, which is linked through the Kronos main page, however right now there is no post mentioning a second subreddit or anything else.

because theres not many other alternatives
Well, I always used IRC and this forum when I wanted to talk to someone from outside of the game who wasn't already part of my ingame guild or friends. I didn't need reddit or discord for that.

Last edited:
The problem is that Nala is claiming to be part of the team, and then created the Discord channel on what people thought was a subreddit controlled by an official team member. It's not the community's fault really for not realising all this was untrue.

if someone creates a social media account based on kronos and it gains traction, then presents itself as being official when its not, then official sources take a very long time to explain that the social media accounts are not official then this causes mass confusion and exploitation of power from the unofficial moderators

WTF, it is not in Kronos team's ability to keep checking every single form of communication over the internet to see if some random person uses their name! It's bullshit.
It's your choice to enter a group chat, Kronos team didn't tell you to go there, and when Kronos team wants to tell you something, it's on the mainpage, facebook and twitter.
As far as I am concerned, this discord thingy is identical to some 1000-user skype group chat. Do you care what someone writes about you in some random group chat? I certainly don't, and I don't see any reason why Kronos team should care either. If you don't like the group chat, leave it and that's the end of the story.

edited out of my previous post, since this post is very alive.

PS:
The problem is that Nala is claiming to be part of the team, and then created the Discord channel on what people thought was a subreddit controlled by an official team member. It's not the community's fault really for not realising all this was untrue.
So, thousands of people got scammed and not a single one of them bothered to check with the official sources? What can I say :)

1941-fejspalm-facepalm.jpg

Last edited:
psojed i'm not trying to blame anyone about anything or trying to argue about anything just trying to show at least my reasoning as to whats going on. The official subreddit forums you linked, Nala used to be a mod on before she was kicked. There was a very large sticky at the top of the subreddit that said something like "click here for kronos 2 subreddit questions and such" The official subreddit is literally the 3rd result on google so when a official source links to an unofficial source, thats what nala has exploited. I believe Nala stripped the official subreddit or its CSS thats also why it looks blank and boring right now. About your section about irc and this forum, thats all true. my only point to that is when theres multiple other social media websites that people can go to, to discuss kronos, people will go since people like more options

guanciale, I don't frequent reddit discussions regularly, so I could've missed Nala being a mod on /KronosWoW for a while, I don't know. When I first entered /KronosWoW, it never had any fancy look or special stuff, it was default (as in plain white), same as it looks now.

I'm trying to tell you that you're crying on the wrong grave. We already stated the official methods of communication used by the team. People are free to discuss Kronos elsewhere, but Kronos team can't do anything about a forum or chat that they don't own.

WTF, it is not in Kronos team's ability to keep checking every single form of communication over the internet to see if some random person uses their name! It's bullshit.
It's your choice to enter a group chat, Kronos team didn't tell you to go there, and when Kronos team wants to tell you something, it's on the mainpage, facebook and twitter.
As far as I am concerned, this discord thingy is identical to some 1000-user skype group chat. Do you care what someone writes about you in some random group chat? I certainly don't, and I don't see any reason why Kronos team should care either. If you don't like the group chat, leave it and that's the end of the story.

edited out of my previous post, since this post is very alive.

noone is blaming kronos team at all. we are just stating that what is currently happening is hurting the reputation of the project and we are worried about it. of course noone can control all social media, that is not possible noone argues about it. but a subreddit with 1,5k subscribers isnt just a small skype channel group. it affects quite a big portion of the playerbase so i dont know if just ignoring it is a valid option, though i have to admit i have no idea what could be done to prevent it.

psojed i'm not trying to blame anyone about anything or trying to argue about anything just trying to show at least my reasoning as to whats going on. The official subreddit forums you linked, Nala used to be a mod on before she was kicked. There was a very large sticky at the top of the subreddit that said something like "click here for kronos 2 subreddit questions and such" The official subreddit is literally the 3rd result on google so when a official source links to an unofficial source, thats what nala has exploited. I believe Nala stripped the official subreddit or its CSS thats also why it looks blank and boring right now. About your section about irc and this forum, thats all true. my only point to that is when theres multiple other social media websites that people can go to, to discuss kronos, people will go since people like more options

Yeah, the /r/kronoswow subreddit not only said all discussion about Kronos 2 should go to her separate page, but in that post she claimed to be the official Kronos community manager, responsible for reddit, twitter, facebook, etc. Since she was a moderator on both subs people assumed it was above board. It looks like she was the only person moderating /r/kronoswow and so got away with it.

Whoa calm down, no one is expecting the Kronos mods to do anything, this is reddit related drama and as such it should remain on reddit.
The only reason this thread happened is because all discussion about this was being censored from r/kronos2, r/kronoswow and r/wowservers, leaving people nowhere else to go.
Perhaps this thread should be moved to the offtopic section?

Anyway, he was already removed from the official subreddit and his mass bans reverted so the situation has been handled.

I don't know if this Nala person had any moderator powers on the official reddit forum, which is linked through the Kronos main page, however right now there is no post mentioning a second subreddit or anything else.

Oooh okay, I think I finally understand what happened. I didn't realize that reddit forum was official and linked from the main page (I don't use reddit at all..). I was wondering how Nala had gotten kicked from that reddit forum if he/she had made it in the first place, but I think I get it now; sounds like Twinstar did make that forum, and Nala was possibly a mod for a while, but Jeniczek got sick of Nala going ballistic so Nala got kicked. Nala is still clinging to the Kronos2 subreddit and the Discord channel however, which Nala did create. And so Nala is still passing himself/herself off as affiliated with the team, and continuing to use the forums/chats he/she created, despite no longer being affiliated in any way. At least, this is my current understanding of what happened.

So, this Kronos reddit is official and safe now that Nala was kicked. The other Kronos2 one and Discord are Nala's blasphemous creations.

Re: Another account strucken by Nala's Abuse of power

That is seen as the Official Subreddit as far as i go, I am not sure about the others :)

Oooh okay, I think I finally understand what happened. I didn't realize that reddit forum was official and linked from the main page (I don't use reddit at all..). I was wondering how Nala had gotten kicked from that reddit forum if he/she had made it in the first place, but I think I get it now; sounds like Twinstar did make that forum, and Nala was possibly a mod for a while, but Jeniczek got sick of Nala going ballistic so Nala got kicked. Nala is still clinging to the Kronos2 subreddit and the Discord channel however, which Nala did create. And so Nala is still passing himself/herself off as affiliated with the team, and continuing to use the forums/chats he/she created, despite no longer being affiliated in any way. At least, this is my current understanding of what happened.

So, this Kronos reddit is official and safe now that Nala was kicked. The other Kronos2 one and Discord are Nala's blasphemous creations.
Three quarters correct. The only thing wrong is that the Kronos Facebook page which is official just stated that only the Facebook page, Twitter, forum, and irc (when spoken by a admin) are official so any and all subreddits are not official. The whole first part about Nala is 100% correct. It's just that even the other subreddit which Nala has no control over is still unofficial according to twinstar/Kronos Facebook page

I'm still not even sure what discord even is. I first heard about it in the twinstar facebook post.

Re: Another account strucken by Nala's Abuse of power

That is seen as the Official Subreddit as far as i go, I am not sure about the others :)
Do you have a source saying it's the official one? The official Kronos Facebook page just stated that only the: Facebook page, Twitter, forum, irc (when told by a admin) and the website are official sources of information

Davros has said they don't moderate whispers, but he has also said impersonating staff is highly illegal, so my best advice would be to ask Davros about it. He banned another user recently who was impersonating staff through the mail system, which is similar to whispers in that it is a private, one-on-one communication system.

SilentHill's post is completely correct.

Three quarters correct. The only thing wrong is that the Kronos Facebook page which is official just stated that only the Facebook page, Twitter, forum, and irc (when spoken by a admin) are official

I'm sure you also noticed that there is no "Chero" or "Gurky" (or even any big pinned announcement) on the official subreddit at this moment, right? Kronos never posted official stuff on a subreddit. For me, reddit still belongs to those "not really important + take it with a grain of salt" places on the internet, which is why I also don't browse it frequently, but since you guys wanted to distinguish what is "official", then yes, Kronos has an "official" subreddit, the link is on the main page. Doesn't mean you'll get hourly updates like you might get from facebook or twitter tho.

Btw., if you didn't know, you can check who's in charge of a given subreddit by browsing the panel on the right side. Usually there's lots of crap, so scroll down and you will find a box labelled MODERATORS, and there's a small gray text "about moderation team", so you can check it at any time. It's really easy to take those nicknames and ask about them on IRC, it takes like 30 seconds + wait for the reply..

iNfPble.png

Isn't that against server rules? Impersonating a staff member?
http://imgur.com/a/m1kGp

Edit: taken from https://www.reddit.com/r/wowservers/comments/4gsm2o/kronos_2_admins/

I think this one was already discussed in another thread here on the forums, but I'm lazy to search. There are proper replies in that reddit thread:

author said:
This "Nala" guy messaged me in game and was looking for attention, I don't have the full conversation because the screenshots were all that I could get with general chat scrolling so fast. SO I ignore him and he goes to the length of insulting me.

CecilTheTroll said:
God, are you serious? How you identified that he's a staff member?

Level 9 character, member of <Frostwolf Clan>, without <GM> chat emblem. Invited you to a public Discord. Really?

Please do some investigation before posting something like this. Or it's just silly trolling...

Szabinger said:
OP is making a fool of himself with this post.

As for the impersonation itself
1) I didn't see anyone report a character named "Nala" for "posing as a team member" yet
2) If she really did work as a community person for a short while (some posters here say so), then this screenshot could be the reason she no longer works as one.

Last edited:
Where are you getting your facts because your just wrong in regards to official and Reddit. Kronos LITTERALY just posted about what's official and non official. This is word for word their post https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1698104620439128&id=1453906961525563
also I browse all of the Kronos Reddits very often so trying to act childish and "teach me how to use Reddit" is kind of silly. these are facts non debatable. /r/kronoswow just got called non-official doesn't matter who a mod is on the sub

Top Bottom