• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Questie v1.0 - A quest helper for vanilla

how can i move the quest list? i've it in the mid of the screen, i want it under the minimap like the default position

@Ryu - you need to grab and drag the black border surrounding the tracker.

Is there any GUI for this addon or in-game command line to configure/edit the addon? Or are the settings currently not customizable?

Thanks in advance

@Matic - see below...

Release 1.2 (possibly 1.1) will have an options menu for such things. Currently the only way you can do this is by editing the QuestTracker.xml and adjust the sizes (everything that says abs dimension and font sizes).
You can quickly /reload ingame to see what the changes look like

Just pushed a few fixes, you can download the latest version here now: https://github.com/AeroScripts/QuestieDev/releases/download/v1.0b/Questie-1.0m.zip

Things fixed:
- Minimap notes from other zones showing
- Quests not being trackable sometimes
- Quests will point to the finisher (distance) after they're complete
- Quests should now always stay in the tracker after you have been in the zone where their objectives are at least ONCE (there are more fixes coming)
- TrackerFrame is now much smaller and hidden on Alt+Z
- Distance should now show slightly more accurate

There are still bugs with quests sometimes showing up after you already picked them up. We're doing our best to fix this, but it's not always that easy, because Blizzard provides nothing and we have to write the whole system for it ourselves.

Link broken man.

Found a quest not showing up, unless I did something wrong when adding the addon to the interface folder.

The quest "Wine Shop Advert" is not showing up on the mini map even when I am next to the NPCbug.jpg

If I did do something wrong then please let me know and while this quest is not a BIG quest, even at level 6 it is a green quest, it should still show up should it not?

That's just a limitation of WoW. You can disable VSync in your graphical options to boost FPS and performance overall.
That's why we gave the option of untracking quests that spawn a bunch of notes (as you have discovered yourself).

Since I updated to V2.0 I only see red questionsmarks on my world map instad of "loot" and "kill" symbols.
Is there any way to fix this?

Get rid of the Cartographer saved notes by deleting all files called Cartographer.* in your WTF folder.
There was also an update today that should solve issues with lag people had.

Get rid of the Cartographer saved notes by deleting all files called Cartographer.* in your WTF folder.
There was also an update today that should solve issues with lag people had.

Thanks for your help! You are the best!

Last edited:
I've been using this addon for a couple of days now and I'm really liking it, Thanks alot! But I seem to have some problems with it. On the world map the progress of the quest sometime bugg, so if I need to kill 15 of something and I'm done the world map progress says I'm not, can be confusing sometime. Any fix for that? :smile:

This bug seems to be a client sided, because it sometimes happen even with ingame quest tracker.

hey schaka, thx for your great work. is there a way/motivation to implement the EQL3 function to questie? i mean, it works with questie but sometimes questie doesn't get the quest id, especially when you have customized groups in EQL3.

bye

This new version of Questie is awesome! I'm using it now and it seems that most problems were solved. Realy great work.

hey schaka, thx for your great work. is there a way/motivation to implement the EQL3 function to questie? i mean, it works with questie but sometimes questie doesn't get the quest id, especially when you have customized groups in EQL3.

bye
There's no incentive to fix it with EQL3. I use it with EQL3 and it works fine like 90% of the time But EQL3 fucks up so many default client functions by hooking them and returning bullshit, that it's just not possible to make it work any better than currently.

I get this error when I'm trying to run it.
Any ideas?

Attachments

• WoWScrnShot_062315_233245.jpg
    WoWScrnShot_062315_233245.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 41
We do not support Questie 1.0 anymore. Please update to 2.0 or re-enable Questie at a later date when your questlog is different.
Thank you. I just used the addon provided in the OP so I didn't know.
Would you mind updating it?

Also I'll better read the rest of the thread before I ask any more questions.

Thank you. I just used the addon provided in the OP so I didn't know.
Would you mind updating it?

Also I'll better read the rest of the thread before I ask any more questions.

I did update it, but apparently the clickthrough wasn't updated alongside it. Which I only have the stupid WYSIWYG editor to blame for. Link is updated properly now, thank you.

Hi guys ! I am new in Kronos wow vanilla :p
I am encountering some problems : I have downloaded the file, unzip it and move it (Questie-2.0.10) to my "\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns" Folder and startup worldofwarcraft and yet the addon is not running. Moreover, I haven't an addon menu...I need help ^.^

Note : this is the first addon I downloaded and tried to use.

Top Bottom