• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Thanks Kronos

Thanks Kronos. I vowed to never play retail ever again because the original wow experience is where my heart has always been. Thank you for delivering just that. Keep up the good work and I think it's safe to say that the community will stand behind you. :thumbup:

Thanks Kronos :D I found some troggs who gouge, swap targets, then swap back if the gouged target still has more threat. Great stuff everywhere :D
The only bugs I've thus far noticed have been mobs in trees (everyone mentions, and they're everywhere, no big deal tho!) and some mobs who reset and evade even though they're very close to where they began. Hardly game-breaking :p
Very impressed with the minimal problems, loving the flavor over nost, the population is great! Not too crowded, not too empty :)

THANKS Kronos...

- for open minded approach to vanilla server (mostly directed at .exp off command)
- for lagg free server
- for amazing, feature rich forum which most of other games could look up to
- for a feeling of a stand-alone game instead of yet another private server.

THANKS Kronos...

- for open minded approach to vanilla server (mostly directed at .exp off command)
- for lagg free server
- for amazing, feature rich forum which most of other games could look up to
- for a feeling of a stand-alone game instead of yet another private server.

Signed.

Why Vanilla WoW is Awesome :)

Hey all,

I've been playing WoW since 2006 but quit as I couldn't justify the subscription for how much I played. Mostly, I really didn't like the direction the game was going. For curiosity and nostalgic reasons, I decided to try Vanilla WoW on private servers and fell in love with the game all over again!

No doubt over the years Blizzard has made the easier for players. Sometimes it felt like quests were served a silver platter and a lot of the challenge removed. While playing Vanilla I've discovered why the challenge is what gives the game more depth and dimension.

Typically I could usually one man most quests. In Vanilla however, I found myself having to depend more on profession buffs, planning, strategy, and GROUPING WITH OTHER PLAYERS to finish a tough quest. I actually had to pay attention to the quest text and use my brain as opposed to mindlessly following quest numbers on the map. Zones seem a lot more cohesive and less fragmented as they haven't been ripped apart and modified to accommodate the various expansions. This makes for more of a consistent and immersive experience.

Because vanilla is more conducive to inter-player interaction, I have found that generally, the other players are extremely friendly, and are on the server to share their love for classic WoW. This makes for great chat, which is a reason on it's own to log on.

Thanks Kronos for re-creating the classic experience, and keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Re: Why Vanilla WoW is Awesome :)

Unfortunately, I couldn't experience the vanilla days myself. But thanks to this server I'm having a great time here as well.

I found myself having to depend more on profession buffs, planning, strategy, and GROUPING WITH OTHER PLAYERS to finish a tough quest. I actually had to pay attention to the quest text and use my brain as opposed to mindlessly following quest numbers on the map

Exactly. I hate using quest helper addons because the game feels more immersive and challanging without them, nowadays retail has a built-in quest helper. I don't hate it, but I rather playing without that kind of stuff. And it feels 1000x times better when you require proffesions to progress in lower levels, so you not only have to group with other people for quests/dungeons, but you also need to trade with them.

That's a good point. These vanilla servers give those who weren't playing in the Vanilla days to experience it, and to see how it evolved. Starting WoW now in some ways is like watching a trilogy starting at the second movie.

From a technical perspective, Vanilla has the added benefit of being less CPU/GPU intensive. I can run it easily on my Mac partition in a window without the CPU fan spinning up and it loads super fast. I didn't like the new two-stage loader they have now which seems to take forever. At the same time, you really notice the difference in the water textures. Graphically, retail looks quite nice. However, for gameplay, I'm quite enjoying classic.

That's a good point. These vanilla servers give those who weren't playing in the Vanilla days to experience it, and to see how it evolved. Starting WoW now in some ways is like watching a trilogy starting at the second movie.

From a technical perspective, Vanilla has the added benefit of being less CPU/GPU intensive. I can run it easily on my Mac partition in a window without the CPU fan spinning up and it loads super fast. I didn't like the new two-stage loader they have now which seems to take forever. At the same time, you really notice the difference in the water textures. Graphically, retail looks quite nice. However, for gameplay, I'm quite enjoying classic.

My current PC is quite bad with graphics. I can't run retail and cataclysm runs very baddly. However vanilla works perfect here, this is one of the reasons that made me play on this server. And yes, I don't want to play in retail right now because I have the feeling that I missed so much already, I really hope one day Blizzard will support legacy servers, but they've said several times that they have no plans for that, so Twinstar will be my home for now.

I wanna thank Kronos and staff!

I just want to say thanks! We never saw this unfortunate action coming, and a so fast response by the kronos staff to fix the lag and the que system is a sight to appreciate!

I will never doubt you kronos, thank you for doing this to us. managing to keep us as happy as we can get, doing a fucking awesome job.

Re: I wanna thank Kronos and staff!

As much as I am bitching about the queue and the 'solution'. I also extend a thank you to Kronos staff. This is tough situation to deal with and they're doing a good job.

I still want to raise a ruckus though.

Chero & Team Apperciation Thread

I think I can speak for a large share of the Kronos population when I say:

Thank you Chero & Team for your quick and smooth reaction to the crisis that we have been faced with today!

You managed to get this done in a calm manner, without casing any new problems. And without, I think, offending any group, be it legacy Kronosers or new joiners.

While some have cried about a sluggish reaction, we all know this isn't your day job and that's what makes me appreciate even more the swiftness with which you rolled out the required changes.

This gives me a lot of confidence that you can also manage the long term fallout of the nost closing.

Thank you!

Re: Chero & Team Apperciation Thread

Yep, im surprised aswell, was expecting this CF to keep up for a week but it was resolved within an hour. Great job guys.

I can't imagine the stress the Kronos team is facing right now. Trying to integrate the refugees while living in fear that their work may be Blizzard's next target. The team has done an amazing job and has earned respect regardless of what comes next.

I believe that if we dont raise to much numbers will pass undetected from Blizz radars. Im just saying here. Just crossfingers!

Thank you Kronos

ktLxVLC.png

Hollywood move Kronos well done yet again

I can't imagine the stress the Kronos team is facing right now. Trying to integrate the refugees while living in fear that their work may be Blizzard's next target. The team has done an amazing job and has earned respect regardless of what comes next.
Blizzard can't touch twinstar. If kronos had 30k pop it would still live. :D

I'd just like to add my great appreciation for this server and all that you guys are doing here. You have a very nice server in Kronos and I'm loving it, and it was really pleasant to discover it in the wake of what happened to Nostalrius.

New members joining from Nostalrius

As we all know, as of the 10th of April, 2016, Nostalrius has been shut down by Blizzard, over 700 of us have packed up, and moved to this server. I'm here to say we thank you all for your hospitality, even though some of you have thrown unnecessary bad jokes at us and insults, we've looked with happiness at those people that have welcomed us, and taken us in. I'd just like to say that we thank you for having us and hope we can help you all make this server better (even though we have messed up the economy since we've joined.. LOL).

Re: New members joining from Nostalrius

As we all know, as of the 10th of April, 2016, Nostalrius has been shut down by Blizzard, over 700 of us have packed up, and moved to this server. I'm here to say we thank you all for your hospitality, even though some of you have thrown unnecessary bad jokes at us and insults, we've looked with happiness at those people that have welcomed us, and taken us in. I'd just like to say that we thank you for having us and hope we can help you all make this server better (even though we have messed up the economy since we've joined.. LOL).

Hi,

Welcome to Kronos and enjoy your stay!

Hi,

Welcome to Kronos and enjoy your stay!

I would like to say thank you too for this great server,playing here for a few days and made friendly contact and good experiences , thanks to the Kronos team

I'd like to thank all the developers for the work (likely incoming fixes) on these highly requested issues here:
https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=5308
https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=7445
https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=7464

This was the main reason for me to switch from Nostalrius to this server 2 months ago: the developers are VERY dedicated in bringing us the best experience as possible. Nostalrius was good with fixing incoming raid content, but they simply couldn't do much beyond that. And after this last week events, I'm glad about my choice and trust on this project.

Thanks again Kronos & TwinStar, long live to this project!

Top Bottom