• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Thanks Kronos

Kronos has been amazing, I feel quite sorry for the folks over at Nostalrius, I remember having to make the decision of either wait for Kronos's launch or jump right into the fray when Nost released a bit earlier. I ended up sticking with Kronos, and I guess I'm happy about that choice now obviously. But I was very close to choose Nost.

In the end, no one can guarantee Kronos safety, Blizz can decide to continue their zealot pursuit of illegitimate servers in the US and Europe, but at least I'm enjoying myself while that doesn't happen rather than paying a monthly fee (which I did for over a decade and I'd be happy to do so again) for a game I stopped enjoying.

The Kronos team seems impeccable and dedicated, Nost-vets are in good hands.

Kronos II launch is going very smooth! Thanks a lot for the work and proffesionalism put into this!! I'm eating some good ol'Cactus Apple Surprise while enjoying the view here :biggrin:

Cactus_Apple.jpg

A few words of gratitude

Thanks to Kronos staff and everyone associated for handling the recent crisis with such great engagement. I can only imagine how many hours it took to get the situation under control, but during today's raid I noticed latency the likes of I only saw before Nostalrius was closed down.

It feels so awesome to play without the lag, so much that this warrants it's own thread.

Thank you Kronos!

Last edited:
Re: A few words of gratitude

Can't miss any chance to thank the Kronos staff for their hard work for our enjoyment; thank you so much, everyone on the staff, you're all the best!

I would also like to thank the Kronos team for setting up a 2nd server, and keeping xp rates normal. Half the game is the economy, and with a balanced amount of players over all levels, this remains fun. Unlike Therebirth or Vanillagaming. Although I would have liked a PvE server, PvP is like 2 games in 1. Not sure I'll ever go back to PvE only.

Thanks!

Re: A few words of gratitude

The performance of the Kronos staff is definitely very impressive. A week ago my bank alt got stuck in 'limbo' and was unable to interact with any players/npc's and a GM fixed it within a single minute after submitting my ticket.

Thank you, Kronos team! Keep up the awesome work.

Thank you team-Kronos

Thank you team,

For the fact that we can play the Vanilla game. I guess most of us don't like the current state of the live game.
And thank you for always adressing issues as fast as you can, even while this is a free server and we don't pay anything to play on it.

Don't mind the people moaning on the forums about down-time or even worse... not responding to it inmediatly. We all know it sucks when you are stuck at a loading-screen, but most of us choose to not complain about that.

Thank you for this free server and we appreciate the work you do. As far as I have experienced, it is all working well.

Re: Thank you team-Kronos

I have a question for the old timers of Kronos though, did Kronos 1 have these "network issues" from time to time as well or is this something that came with the launch of Kronos 2 and the massive increase in player base?

I have a question for the old timers of Kronos though, did Kronos 1 have these "network issues" from time to time as well or is this something that came with the launch of Kronos 2 and the massive increase in player base?

I haven't played on Kronos I in a few months, but when I did, these issues weren't present. We had disconnects every now and then lasting 30 seconds or so, but not where it goes down or is unstable for hours. It also didn't crash as often, but it's natural that a bigger player base will hit a bug that might bring the server down more often than a smaller player base. I don't think this is that sort of bug though, since both servers seem to go down, or maybe the login server. I think the admins and GMs have done a wonderful job of adapting to the changes in population though, when there's such a sudden increase there will always be problems.

Last edited:

Played from the opening of kronos. Nope. This never happened. At the beginning kronos would dc every now and then due to the massive amount of players and required optimizing of the server. After 2 weeks it stopped and server was DCing about once every 2 days and chero optimized that as well and you would maybe get dced once in a week. Even when kronos was massively hit wasn't like this. Something serious is going on.

Staff weren't playing either - thanks for fixing things!

On my flightpath I was thinking about how I spent my evening before the server came up, and how it was probably a lot more relaxing than the Kronos staff members' evenings (nights, mornings, whatever). I hope at least some of you guys (or gals) play incognito, and if you do you definitely weren't playing during that time either.

Thanks very much for getting things up and running again :smile:

I love Kronos, yet I have only level 12 rogue, but it was great experience! Now, I keep my fingers crossed that you win the fight with a cancer named DDoS attackers. Good luck!

Hello Kronos Team,

In light of the DDoS attacks on the server, I will take this downtime to extend my offical "thank you" to the members of the Kronos team, anyone involved in the making or testing of the server, and the community of players that come together to bring life to the server. I've been playing Kronos for only a few weeks, and I've truly enjoyed the experience.
I was rather young when WoW officially released. I was 12 years old and in middle school. Online shopping was kind of a new, budding market then, and my parents were not too keen on using their credit card online to pay monthly subscription fees for me to play a video. Thus, I spent a large portion of my gaming time conquering PvE content in Guild Wars I (no sub fee!:laugh:)and teaming up with guild mates for Alliance Battles with my Protection Monk in GW: Factions.

Eventually, I finally got to play more than just repeated attempts at the 10-day trial for WoW. I played retail WoW periodically during the releases of the BC, Wrath, and Cataclysm expansions. However, I never managed to get past level 56 or so, since every time I came back I would end up playing the game for about a month before leaving again. I didn't play with any friends, so the isolation bored me. I was a member of a few guilds throughout my episodic ventures into the game, but I never found myself in one that brought me closer to the game on the same level that Guild Wars had done for me. Also, when I picked up retail WoW, the starting areas and most of the levelling areas as a whole weere usually found to be rather...barren... :shifty: I couldn't push myself to level my Troll Warrior, not even my obligatory Blood Elf Paladin, in lands that were on their last dying breath.
Then, there's Kronos. Levelling in Kronos is a rewarding experience and gives me a taste of what it's like to have a community of people undertaking the task of working through the game's content. Constantly running into new players and past party members reminds me that I'm in a game with people all over the world that are enjoying this game alongside me. I meet other players and I want them to do well, I want them to accomplish the goals that they set for themselves in the game, and I want them to challenge and push the limits of what they can do within their own experience of the game. The devoted community of players inspires me to challenge myself and to try to be better and better at the game. Now that I have just recently (yesterday, in fact) graduated with my B.A. in Philosophy, I'm ready to spend some time this summer increasing my understand of the game and climbing the levels in Kronos WoW.

Good luck to the guys (and girls?) on the Kronos development in their efforts to quell the attacks on the server.
Best wishes to the Kronos players and Vanilla Wow enthusiasts.

Cheers,
Dirtymoney, level 25 Undead Priest of Kronos I

Thank you Twinstar team!

I just wanna say thanks to the twinstar team! You guys are doing a great job with the hand you where dealt, With the swarm of new players and the new problems now with respectles people trying to destroy the fun for everyone.

Yes, it will always suck when you wanna play and the server is down for some resone. Everyone will be annoyed when that happens, we all just like when things work. But it is not the hardworking Twinstar teams fault. They are working hard to give us this service, and they are doing a great job!

And to all the complainers out here! Noone is forcing you to stay. Your all free to take your negativitie to another server. I would actually recommand that, then we get a much better community here on kronos!

I for one will support you Twinstar! And i ones again salute your hard work!

xoxo
Getgainz!

Thank You Kronos

Normally I critique the server but in light of all the drama I think its time for me to make an appreciative post of the Kronos team.

First off I want to say to the entire GM team thanks for the time you spend for this server. From what I can tell each and everyone of you care about WoW deeply as well as the server and work to keep your community happy and content. Thank you for logging in everyday and just being there for your server, but as an aside Matheson is probably the biggest cuck on the team just saying

Second I wanted to add to the developers who work on the background I don't think I have ever contacted or seen any of you but based on how quickly issues can be addressed I can tell the development team is skilled and knows what they are doing. So thank you for dedicating your time and listening to our whining on every little issue that is or isnt blizzlike.

From what I remember from leveling on Kronos over 1.5 years ago I had a pretty much vanilla like experience I could have quit the server right when I hit 60 and I would have been content. I was thrilled to see that most if not all the warlock quests worked properly and rewarded me with the proper abilities ofc. Thank you for paying attention to most pre 60 content as best as you could that was honestly the highlight of this server for me when i first joined and ultimately lead me to stay and experience how you guys handled the end game content.

As far as endgame content goes I've thoroughly enjoyed all the available endgame dungeons and raids. I was impressed on AQ40 night that issues were immediately addressed instead of left ignored it showed great care for the quality of release. I was also equally impressed to see how much the GMs worked on polishing AQ40 for its release on K2. You took the criticisms from k1 and used it to provide a better launch experience for k2 instead of just assuming things were alright. Through this it was evident to me that Kronos is a team of people always looking to perform and exceed their past accomplishments which is a quality I respect and admire.

With that said I still think there is many things that can still be improved. This post does absolutely nothing to help further the quality of Kronos but I hope it makes the team feel a little better about themselves and their accomplishments instead of constantly feeling bashed. Here's to the future of Kronos.

Top Bottom