• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Why allow safezoning..?

I don't know how people manage it to be a victim of that safezone ganking so often, that they actually write a forum post about it. You need to check mailbox in CH? Come on, fly somewhere else if it's such a problem. You die a maximum of two times until you are out of range of the safezone, unless the gankers follow you.

I don't know how people manage it to be a victim of that safezone ganking so often, that they actually write a forum post about it. You need to check mailbox in CH? Come on, fly somewhere else if it's such a problem. You die a maximum of two times until you are out of range of the safezone, unless the gankers follow you.

Ever farmed Rockfury or Earthstrike? Give it a try.

Ever farmed Rockfury or Earthstrike? Give it a try.

Yes, sure! On Warsong, Emerald Dream, Nefarian (German) and here on KI. Where's the problem? If it's that annoying to be killed while opening the mailbox, I'd just fly to a nearby town and check my mails there. That also has the nice side-effect of taking safezone gankers all fun away :) Give it a try.

Yes, sure! On Warsong, Emerald Dream, Nefarian (German) and here on KI. Where's the problem? If it's that annoying to be killed while opening the mailbox, I'd just fly to a nearby town and check my mails there. That also has the nice side-effect of taking safezone gankers all fun away :) Give it a try.

To fly to nearby town you have to take flight from CH.

I see no problem in running to my corpse twice, in order to get to the flight master in CH. Can you please explain me where the problem is? Or wait... is this again one of those "my biggest problems are wow problems"-threads?

Those sadistic safezone gankers enjoy their game even more if you give them a base for their satisfaction. Same as if you get ganked with your low level alt, where it is ten times wiser to log out for some time and e.g. sort stuff in the bags of your bank alts, look if you can find cheap stuff on the AH, or use 15 minutes to call a friend or do whatever real life stuff you have to do, in order to piss off the ganker who is waiting desperately for his victim.

- - - Updated - - -

Summon yourself to another mailbox.

Not everybody has tons of lvl 60 warlocka to sum..... oh wait, it's vanguard!

I safespot a lot - mainly because it's fun, and I don't have to worry about being brutalized by several alliance all by my lonesome (which happens to me frequently, by the way). And no, I'm not a backpeddler, and I'm definitely not a sadist.

While I recognize all the hate towards safespotters, I'm fairly certain it's just rage. At least most of it, anyway. You probably hopped on here after being killed while sending stuff at the mailbox while farming for Earthstrike/Rockfury Bracers to complain. I don't know, but it sure sounds like it. I disagree with all the hate towards safespotting. I've been killed by Alliance mages safespotting all the same - I hate it - but hell, it's a PvP server. Package deal.

However, what I do agree with is the inconsistency with this whole "safespotting" thing. I spent a lot of time killing Alliance from the roof of Light's Hope. I even fought other mages whilst on the roof, you know, cool little duels with them. Well anyway, not too surprisingly some Alliance reported me (thanks for the epic Twitter banner, by the way), and later I ended up having a GM (lvl 61 night elf male with Atiesh) port up on the roof with me and ask me how I got up there. Now I figured he thought that I was fly hacking. But I told him exactly how to blink up to the roof as a mage. He said that it was against the rules to "abuse bugs/exploits", and told me to leave the roof, which, of course, I did. As soon as I jumped down, I was murdered by the three Alliance using the ground safespot. I was so... damn confused, to say the least.

So I was a little pissed and started reporting every mage who was safespotting to attack me, and I was told that safespotting was allowed. I still don't have a clear answer. Is the roof of LHC not considered safespotting? Do some of the GMs follow a non-existent rule? I don't know. I was very confused - hell, I still am.

But regardless, I do appreciate the work you guys do on the server, and I understand how stretched thin your resources may be. I don't think safespotting should be punishable. I do sympathize with you guys being ganked by safespotting mages on pillars, but I still just want to say...

Suck it up. PvP Server.

Telling people to, "suck it up, Pvp Server" is incredibly ironic considering the fact that you're too scared to actually PvP out in the open where people might stand a chance. I'd understand if you're just grinding honour in your 30min q's on Horde or something, but when you're actively doing it because you're scared someone might retaliate is illuminating to say the least.

I'd say they're doing it because they find it fun and enjoy making people cry and spawn threads such as this.

I don't think they are "scared" of retaliation.

I'd say they're doing it because they find it fun and enjoy making people cry and spawn threads such as this.

I don't think they are "scared" of retaliation.

Except that's essentially what he said, apparently you missed it.

@Elitesbane:

Using spells, trinkets, wall jumping, ect. to access parts of the map/areas that are not intended for NPC/PCs to go to would be the issue the GM had.

While it also caused you to be safespotted/zoned, the safespotting isn't why you were told to jump down.

Also if you had not been shooting everybody from above, they may not have been so quick to retaliate.

Think of it like climbing a tree, and taking a piss on everybody below you. You wouldn't expect hi-fives and handshakes from them when you get down, would you?

Davros writes a 45 minute post apologizing for safe spotting and explaining that the GM team has higher prioirties than altering the guards in CH to cast range spells. Erminn responds with 2 minute long post saying "But why cant you just add range spell to gaurds. Its ez. Fix please."

I really wish all you whiny people would give the Kronos staff a fracking break. Most of you probably have never even donated to the server and QQ on these forums all day. I've purchased at least a 1000$ in stars on this server and you dont see me crying about every little issue that the GM's arent able to instantly fix.

Last edited:
Well Berni, some people are perfectionists more than others. You being fine with something being bad shouldn't mean that no one else is supposed to try to improve things. And it is easy to add a spell to an NPC. I'm not some random mr. know-it-all, I'm a programmer, I know how programming works.

Also, Davros spending 45 mins writing a post saying that adding a spell to an NPC is too time-consuming doesn't necessarily make it true. Don't be a sheep, use your head and think for yourself. Evem if it were absolutely true and if everyone is way too busy to do anything, we should always be bugging them about positive changes that we wish to see implemented. If no one complains, things won't get fixed.

I'm a programmer, I know how programming works..

Well man, get to it then, please write and host your own magoos server and than you can make whatever changes you want.

Davros said it was a low priority. I think that was pretty clear, it annoys me when you reply back well just add x spell. I dont think Davros needs your expert insight to realize he can add a ranged spell to the guards.

Assuming someone called "bl4ckc0d3r" isn't somehow knowledgable about programming. Berni pls.

i believe on feenix (or nos?) they implemented a mechanic in the neutral/shared towns like gadgetzan/CH/everlook to prevent safespotting. the mechanic was a slight knockup&knockback in random directions, resulting in loss of your safespot. since the knocking is in random directions you would also get knocked out of corners so the guards can reach you.

iirc this mechanic was fixed to certain locations - not certain NPC's.

in the beginning of k1, safespotting as not allowed. but after there were too many incidents and too many complaints about punishments, it was "legalized"

Top Bottom