• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Why does modern WoW suck?

1.) Raiding took commitment and social interaction. Items had a real value.
2.) Vanilla wasn't hard, it took effort. Big difference. How hard is stuff on retail right now? Oh yeah, it isn't.
3.) PvP wasn't only for min-maxing munchkins. The players got better, not the game.
4.) Classes had distinct roles. Today they are interchangable heal/tank/dps bots.
5.) Its time consuming. This way it feels way more rewarding when you finally get what you worked for.

Last edited:
1.) Raiding took commitment and social interaction. Items had a real value.
2.) Vanilla wasn't hard, it took effort. Big difference. How hard is stuff on retail right now? Oh yeah, it isn't.
3.) PvP wasn't only for min-maxing munchkins. The players got better, not the game.
4.) Classes had distinct roles. Today they are interchangable heal/tank/dps bots.
5.) Its time consuming. This way it feels way more rewarding when you finally get what you worked for.

:rockon:

My thoughts exactly.

5). No boring farming
- Vanilla was nothing, BUT farming. Wanna get gold? Go farm runecloth in EPL and sell them 2g/stack in AH. You can do the math how long it took to get that 100% mount that did cost 1000g. Also quests were all over the wall. No logical quest flow and you were constantly out of quests and every other quests was like "Go to Elwynn Forest to speak to this guy and then this guy in Ironforge and then come back for your 58xp reward".

Seriously? Try to level archaeology and fishing to max skill, it is boring as hell.

Hello, Ragnaros! Prepare to meet your doom! As you can see I have finally leveled my blacksmithing up, crafted a rare weapon to challenge monsters of this world with my fellow men to get this epic gear. My skill with the sword can't be any better. It was long journey to purge this world, our world from evil and sometimes we had hard moments to survive in these dark times. Finally, we are here!

Hello, Garosh! Did you see my garden? I moved it from Pandaria to my garrison. You know I just wanted it to be closer to my pet farm. Oh and I have really cool penguin, level 25, but other pet don't want to play with him, because he is so strong. :( They are truly non-combat when they see him :( Do you remember when we had to farm dungeons for gear? Fortunately I found 20 followers who go to mission instead of me, they must have really great social life. And when I wake up in the morning, I always find peace of amor on the table at the office of my garrison. Oh damn, those random people gets you to 20% while I was talking.. Anyway, learn from this death and when you get mythically stronger, I would like to see you in my garrison. See ya. :tongue:

Father!.. Is it over?
At long last no game rules forever, my son.
I see.. only darkness.. before me.
Tell them only the lich king is dead and World of Warcraft died with him. :)

Exact what lharts says .
I could just destroy some of the arguments of mythbusters but lharts has already short said it. (my Version would go 3 site :p)

But i want to speak to one special thing of the pala mimi buffs.
pala buffs lasted for 5mins

Wrong you could skill the important pala buff Blessing of Salvation to a 15min buff ! http://www.wowprovider.com/Old.aspx?talent=1604500_2 protection 20 line you could incrase it to 10 min more Duration. Rebuffing yes ofc tank kings/light 5min was important but if you missed 1 heal cause you must buff might to a rogue that cried that is runned out in fight .... your fault sry.

Or Hello Rag! I have finally leveled my blacksmith up and crafted a rare weapon, it took 365 days to craft it, hope You won't ruin it while i'll be attacking you, because I don't wanna spend another 365 days just to farm enough gold for repairs.

Vanilla WoW is just a nostalgy. It was time consuming, easy (mostly gear check). There is no skill in killing two NPCs at once, or decursing 24/7 (speaking about MC) or running through the whole continent just to be able to make poisons.

You have probably seen Garrosh from a train, or raid finder. Siegcrafter HC was 10x harder and more chaotic than any boss in Vanilla 40m raid.

Reactions: rat
If you want to play a game that requires high skill, go for a Moba or CsGo..
All raids are freaking easy, the only real hard SKILL challenges are PvP and WoW is definitely not made for competetive PvP.

Or Hello Rag! I have finally leveled my blacksmith up and crafted a rare weapon, it took 365 days to craft it, hope You won't ruin it while i'll be attacking you, because I don't wanna spend another 365 days just to farm enough gold for repairs.

Vanilla WoW is just a nostalgy. It was time consuming, easy (mostly gear check). There is no skill in killing two NPCs at once, or decursing 24/7 (speaking about MC) or running through the whole continent just to be able to make poisons.

You have probably seen Garrosh from a train, or raid finder. Siegcrafter HC was 10x harder and more chaotic than any boss in Vanilla 40m raid.
This thread should have a trigger warning for pandas.

Excuse me for this little offtopic but. Why is it always czechs who write the most retarded posts? Somewhat a rhetorical question. Maybe I am (already) just too biased against my fellow countrymen.

Anyway, even if all the pro's towards modern WoW were true (which is subjective), vanilla was still more social. That, at least for me, beats all the flaws it had.

Vanilla was harder! No, retail is harder!

Who gives a shit? Play what you want to play. Why do we always have to fight over everything.

Vanilla was harder! No, retail is harder!

Who gives a shit? Play what you want to play. Why do we always have to fight over everything.

I can only agree with you. WoW was never about being skilled, it's just not made for it, else they wouldn't made the rng-factor so big (hit, crit, parry, dodge, resist, etc..).

Because the nowaday WOC (World of Casualcraft) is made for casual and lazy players and the actual and ONLY objective of the game is having the most flamboyant armor with big horns everywhere, vanilla isn't that exagerated and the few "fantasy" itens are so rare that the dude who owns it is called as a god of the server.

Some wow players says that the actual raids are hard and challenging. Well, I don't see sitting at an Orgrimmar bench waiting for a Dungeon/Raid finder as a challenge.

WoW has lost the social difficulty as the necessity to make friends to make progress on the game, the world PvP that got lost due to the portal-to-everywhere, flying mount everywhere and the game lost its RPG aspect to please the mass, hence the overwhelming stats numbers.

The minor role that the professions has on the actual game in comparison to previous expansions is awfully depressing... Oh, and let's not forget the "activision touch" debuff, which makes the situation even worse.

BTW: This is my first post here, I knew about the server today via a random video on the side bar of youtube and I'm pumped for this server, take your time to fix the issues devs :D

Well, what will be the XP rate, gold rate, honor rate? (Hoping for 1x :D)

EDIT: Oh, I almost forgot the "Green Jesus"...

Last edited:
I didn't really watch the video. But the game has slowly gone down hill, with the good things about the game being taken out since the release of Burning Crusade.

Burning Crusade was good, but pvp was pretty much gutted. World pvp was rare, arena was boring, and making arena the main way to get pvp gear was pretty bad.

Wrath is all down hill from here. introducing easy mode content, so even your 4 year old son can get geared the hell out on his own! Also, dungeon queues, so you don't have to actually socialize when you wanna do dungeons! The rest is history

The only people that like current WoW now, are the same instant gratification casuals that play Call of Duty. They want shit handed to them, and don't wanna put any gaming effort into it. And if you even suggest on the forums that blizzard make a classic server, you'll get flamed beyond belief by people that never played anything earlier than mid/late wrath, that make claims like "The game was so terrible back then".

What a load of bullshit. He pretty much just said "Remember when you actually had to be social in our game? That would be a bad thing lolz". I also don't remember any bugs that were game breaking back then. The game was pretty polished back then. Don't know why people/blizzard wanna say the game was so unpolished back then. They just don't wanna make classic servers and admit that they've been fucking up this entire time.

Also, that little bit about the celestial dragons/whatever shows you just how little of a shit they give about the lore in the game.

Some of the big reasons why I think things were better in classic WoW:

1. I have always been more of a solo type of player so the whole "social aspect" that people complain about being lost, wasn't really all that attractive to me to begin with. But I still want to complain about what was ruined for me by them adding cross server instance queues.

A. There is no longer a sense of anticipation or epicness for getting to do a new dungeon for the first time, it's just some thing that's given to you, no more significant than the first planestalker that's put in front of you to kill at the start of the game. People who do instances with the LFG system remind me of a fat guy ordering and shoveling back more and more food, food that get's brought to him on a platter in seconds. I feel like a person who knows what it means to earn his own food and because of this I have learned how to savor and appreciate it. Therefor, I am just disgusted with how much he takes his food for granted and how little he cares about his food's quality. But I'm even more disgusted with the fact that people are bred this way now, so they are never motivated to learn to appreciate what they receive the way I did.

B. Finding a group that really gelled together and everything went smoothly was significant and there was mutual respect among the people in the group. And that mutual respect would sometimes lead to doing another instance with those same people as soon at it was done, or grouping with them again down the line.

2. I hate how many AOE style pulls there are in the game now. They apparently did this because they wanted to keep the super big look that raids had at 60, but wanted to reduce the numbers of players in them, so they did this in order to keep the big areas they design from looking too barren. One of the clearest examples of style over substance I can think of. AOEing is the easiest way to tank and dps by far, and there is almost no way to inject skill to deal more dps then someone else with similar gear.

3. The fact that leveling is a ridiculous amount quicker and easier than it was. And even worse it's no longer even necessary for the most part because people can now pay 60 dollars to get an instant level 90.

4. I can't stand the different levels of difficulty for everything now. Naxx seeming like an unobtainable goal was the best system possible. Nothing in online gaming beats the sense of achievement like you and your online friends downing bosses in a place that almost no one else in the game was able to even see the inside of. And there is no better motivation to get better and stick with it then content that you haven't yet earned the right to see. Especially when everyone says that content is the best in the whole game.

5. Epic gear becoming boring. In classic WoW there were so few pieces of epic gear that the fact that it was epic was just awesome. And most of the time when you upgraded an epic piece of gear to a better epic the new piece would often do something cool and unique or was a piece of a set that did something cool and unique. Now there are hundreds of epics so they don't seem that cool in the first place and upgrading them to better epics is boring because almost every time they just have more of all the exact same stats so there is pretty much zero coolness factor.

Those are just a few of the major ones, the list pretty much extends to everything that was changed after BC for one reason or another.

The funny thing is in WoD, that any quest reward item has a chance (with Dwarven Bunker in your Garrison it's even higher) to become better quality. Green quest items can "proc" to become rare or even epic. Seriously, how bullshit is that? I can't even put it into words how retarded that system is.

I have always been more of a solo type of player so the whole "social aspect" that people complain about being lost, wasn't really all that attractive to me to begin with.

Nothing in online gaming beats the sense of achievement like you and your online friends downing bosses in a place that almost no one else in the game was able to even see the inside of.

It contradicts so much I can't even comprehend.

Nothing in online gaming beats the sense of achievement like you and your 39 online friends downing bosses.

Totally agree with that one though.

It contradicts so much I can't even comprehend.

Calm down, it really isn't that big of a contradiction. I'm a solo type of player, but of coarse I'm gonna make a few friends in the game before reaching the final raids.

I tend to level all the way to max level without even joining a guild because I love the quite peaceful gameplay that is leveling. But once I get to max level there isn't much to do alone that isn't enhanced by having other people to do it with, so I join a guild then.

@Fatherskeet y, yogg +0 was fucking easy. WOTLK content was easy, yes, tho Heroic content was and is at the same level, even harder than it was before.
@Szabinger it's not retarded, you don't need to stay ingame and farm gear to enjoy raid content, i don't play WoW as much as I did when i was younger. I'm no longer a hardcore player. Nowadays, I prefer casual gameplay, going normals, some bgs, do some garrison stuff or farming old school mounts. So I rate it positive.

Are you kidding me? Like really? :laugh:
LK HC was one of the hardest encounters in the game. We wiped months on it, and killed it with 10% nerf. Yogg+0 took ridiculous amount of coordination and a very skilled hunter. So please tell me about your Alone in the Dark and LK HC experience, because the hardcore raider guilds (like Method and Paragon) consider these the hardest fights as well.

And to continue with Wotlk content: Firefighter, Algalon, Anub HC, Sartharion 3D. Are you saying that these were easy? :lol:
tbf I recall Paragon saying Rag HC was their hardest fight.

Still, calling stuff like LK HC easy isn't really doing it justice.

Did you read y before yogg? Probably not, read it again and edit your post. I didn't say that HC content was easy, I said that Normal raids were easy. Considering all HMs in UD as HC.

Top Bottom