• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Why does modern WoW suck?

Did you read y before yogg? Probably not, read it again and edit your post. I didn't say that HC content was easy, I said that Normal raids were easy. Considering all HMs in UD as HC.

Yupp totally my fault sorry.

Reactions: Evo
I fail to understand why are you all talking about expansion's difficulty as if it were a standard by which the game's greatness is measured. In my opinion the only thing that matters is your enjoyment of the game, not its difficulty. Check out "the hardest game" or "the impossible game" on youtube for example. Both are difficult as hell and I wouldn't be able to play either one for more than 5 minutes, because they just aren't enjoyable at all.

Excuse me for this little offtopic but. Why is it always czechs who write the most retarded posts? Somewhat a rhetorical question.

First of all, that is a very subjective opinion. I, for example, didn't find the posts in this thread retarded at all. These two guys, you are referring to, just happen to have a different opinion on vanilla being the pinnacle of evolution than you do.
And as for the nationality thing, I'd say it's because this forum is full of czechs and slovaks with every possible opinion on every possible topic, while on the other hand, the other nationalities share the fact that they love vanilla. Otherwise they wouldn't be here. That's why, when you find a vanilla-disliking post, it's most likely czech or slovak and by your definition, retarded.

edit: Xarias> I may have overreacted a bit too, and assumed things which weren't really said:) Sorry for that. Let's make love, not warcraft!

Last edited:
I fail to understand why are you all talking about expansion's difficulty as if it were a standard by which the game's greatness is measured. In my opinion the only thing that matters is your enjoyment of the game, not its difficulty. Check out "the hardest game" or "the impossible game" on youtube for example. Both are difficult as hell and I wouldn't be able to play either one for more than 5 minutes, because they just aren't enjoyable at all.

Excellent point. I was wondering about that also. Vanilla wasn't hard, it was more time consuming. But still better concept than WoD. In fact, the time commitement to achieve some things I hated the most. I believe TBC was when Blizzard made it right. I will be playing on Kronos out of pure nostalgia, not to raid - time issues. Maybe some PvP.

First of all, that is a very subjective opinion. I, for example, didn't find the posts in this thread retarded at all. These two guys, you are referring to, just happen to have a different opinion on vanilla being the pinnacle of evolution than you do.
And as for the nationality thing, I'd say it's because this forum is full of czechs and slovaks with every possible opinion on every possible topic, while on the other hand, the other nationalities share the fact that they love vanilla. Otherwise they wouldn't be here. That's why, when you find a vanilla-disliking post, it's most likely czech or slovak and by your definition, retarded.

It's not what they said/wrote, it's the way they did it. It was never about anybody disliking vanilla. I am not such a big fan of vanilla myself, I actually prefer TBC over it anyday. There's quite a few posts from other players (read nationalities) that have expressed different opinions than the majority of the people involved in this thread. And yet I don't find their posts retarded. It's not just this one thread too. Maybe it's just the general way we (czechs) do things.
Now, you made some good points. I was expecting some kind of violent reply, but your post actually made me happy. I was way out of line calling anybody's post retarded, I apologize for that. It actually made me/my post retarded :blushing:

Enough with retarded and off-topic. I will try to be nicer from now on and let's hope for the best here :wink:

, you don't need to stay ingame and farm gear .

yes this is what blizzard knows aswell, the majority of wow playerbase are not 15 years olds with endless time on their hand.

But how does this make the game any better? You like it, because you can play 2 hours a day and stay relevant next to a guy that plays 10.

Now I never tried anything beyond cata here, was preraid bis with heroics farmed without a wipe in few days, then I sold the character and uninstalled. Cant imagine it being different now. Blizzard runs the same mindset as you. It cant be time consuming and there cant be a difference/gap between casuals and hardcores. But we will give them some bosses that are pretty hard so they cant say the game is easy.

Because dungeons and raids in vanilla might be the easiest if we take pure mechanics into account, also due to non existing hard modes.

But vanilla is unique, tbc is good, wotlk is playable, but after that
no.

Due to my current job, Im able to play 1 week a month and it wouldnt cross my mind to try retail because its less time consuming

Last edited:
Why i choose WoW vanilla:

1) Open world pvp is alive (to a lesser extent also in tbc, almost non existent thereafter)

2) Explroration/Adventuring, or The playful chaos
- there are so many useless/strange items and sidequests, some are even easy to miss.

3) Minmaxing, playing around with Talents/Builds
- i cannot play an rpg without talenttrees, the bigger the better.

4) Socializing
- i like the struggle to form a group of often complete strangers, venturing into dungeons and hour long quests. Best mixed with players of different skill. A perfected group, behaving more like a machine is rather boring. This also counts for guilds: it needs characters, who may or may not play their class to the best, some persist to click abilities, some bring buffpotions and some just tag along.

I could go on quite extensively, but instead of regurgitating posts that have stated most points i'd have made as well, i'd like to point out what from my perspective would have truly improved WoW:

What WoW addons should've done:

1) Incite open world pvp and events
Examples:
1.1 Have creeps raid villages and if successful cities (remember Stitches?) but make it more meaningful, with dynamic reactional quests.
1.2 Make Horde/Alliance onslaughts possible, it's Warcraft after all, there should've been Sieges to main capitals, with huge battles and rewards. These would function like raiding/Alterac Valley to some degree. Maybe organized under the aspect of "World Event". Say The Horde can fund a Siege over Stormwind for x amount of materials and y amount of gold. The Siege would then start when that amount has been reached and would last some hours. This would spawn Horde npcs in the nearest Hold, marching towards the desired capital.

2) Make Exploration/Raiding even more adventurous
- more sidetracking possibilities, optional lore/stories/interesting loot intertwined with more distinct talents and abilities

3) High level solo quests
- implement class and global oriented quests/tasks that require deep knowledge of the game and grant worthwhile rewards for their completion. Also riddles like unsolved mysteries come to mind.

What WoW addons did right:

1) Broader Talents and possibilities with distinct features
- make hybridization more interesting and efficient by having a bigger amount of interesting choices while maintaining cores.
Tbc did a great job here, bigger talenttrees, more interesting choices. Also with Wotlk, glyphs added more to this.
- That's like the only thing i miss in vanilla, since build possibilities are somewhat pale.

So to me, experimenting and playing around in the real definition of the words meaning has been lost more and more during the addons. They went for linear evolution, rather than revolution/visionary work, which partially is necessary and fine, but on its own becomes blatantly dull very fast. They catered towards the most profitable solution and in a world fueled by financial needs it is understandable.

However, i can't put aside that it feels like huge potential has been wasted this way.

It's a human old misery - The dreamers vision and the worldly needs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom