• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

I'd like to share a story: a Kronos story

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullroarer

I was a member of Onslaught. We were small guild focused on gearing up in dungeons, gathering the best possible gear in preparations for raids. We had maybe five to seven 60s online at a time, but that was enough to clear Strath, Scholo, and grab a few extras to pug UBRS some nights. A few of us had gathered most of the best dungeon drops, but we didn't have the numbers to do raids.

A week ago we merged with Volatile, the only North American guild who seemed to want to raid. The first time we grouped with Volatile we hadn't merged with them and still didn't have a full 40 in the raid. Several raiders still weren't 60 yet, but we had no choice because this is a small server with an even smaller NA population. I joined up late and killed a few bosses with them, but we had to leave because someone said the raid was resetting soon. We headed out and back in, killed more bosses and ended the raid for the night.

The next night we were prepared to kill Ragnaros, but we entered and apparently the entire instance had reset, raid ID and all. One of our members submitted a ticket about it, but it was never answered or acknowledged until yesterday. We had our entire guild ready to kill Ragnaros, so we had to clear the instance again to get to him. I was there for a few Ragnaros attempts, but we didn't kill him. I think it was the next day they downed him, but I wasn't there.

In the mean time I'd been running dungeons with my friends who came from Onslaught and also people I'd just met from Volatile to finish our sets from 5-mans, farm gold, get rep so we could access to new enchants, etc. Tonight I was helping my brother with his Fury spec and gear because he'd never actually played a fury warrior, so we were excited to see what he could do with his current gear. Right after we'd put a spec together for him and he'd started practicing against mobs in Winterspring, we both were kicked from the server. Turns out we we're both banned for two weeks from playing on the server. Asked other people in our mumble server; same result. Banned.

I've played on other Vanilla private servers before. Scriptcraft was a blast and I raided with Alixium to get server firsts. I first experienced the instability of private servers while playing there, including bugs with raid lockouts and resets. Guilds would clear raids when they were up, sometimes twice or three times a week at the most unstable times. The GMs acknowledged the inconsistencies but never punished anyone for clearing available content. This also happened on Valkyrie, another well-scripted Vanilla server. We'd clear content when it was available and the GMs punished no one for doing so. None of my guilds had any malicious intent. We just wanted to gear up and play the game together, and so did the rest of the server.

Before any of this happened, I'd already seen the conduct of the staff here and it made me wary. Bans for PvPing in towns, GM's showing up in town randomly, GM's taking part in casual world conversations...these things never happened on other servers I'd played on; even servers with terrible scripting. The scripting's pretty good here, so people would mention this stuff warily but keep playing.

Not any more.

When a GM admits that they ignored a ticket submitted about a raid lockout resetting but blames the player for not submitting a SECOND TICKET, something's very wrong. When they admit they knew about raid ID's resetting but only AFTER handing out bans, something's very wrong. Screenshotted conversations with the GMs in IRC/Email exist, and I hope they surface. They show the ridiculousness of the Kronos staff's behavior.

Kronos: you've not only lost a major portion of your North American players because of this. You've lost a motivated conglomeration of players that organically banded together under one guild to down raid content; not to mention the active PvPers included.

Goodbye Kronos. You've shown how you run your server, and the word's spreading.

This server tends to operate on a self-responsibility algorithm.

Vanilla is an old game, and if you're here it's likely you've been playing the game for quite some time yourself. It's pretty likely you've played on other servers too.

I'm sorry, but it just doesn't work that way here. You don't get to abuse or take advantage of an exploit/server bork and then play dumb afterwards. You literally re-ran the instance for Molten Core, under full understanding that it most certainly was not intended. It's on you to report such things, and it's on you to make sure you're not guilty of abusing said openings.

This server puts the trust in you to do the right thing, because GM's absolving you of responsibility and taking the blame for something gone awry is something Blizzard does because they want nothing but your money. Not Kronos.

Don't abuse massive exploits/glitches such as an entire Molten Core raid reset, and nothing bad will happen. Pretty simple. If you're incapable of that, then I know a server that would be just right for you...rhymes with Blosfaltrius. The only word that will spread is how short-sighted you and everyone who got banned was while you were doing what you were doing.

Kronos: you've not only lost a major portion of your North American players because of this. You've lost a motivated conglomeration of players that organically banded together under one guild to down raid content; not to mention the active PvPers included.

translation:
You just lost a guild who DELIBERATELY ABUSED a faulty raid reset to kill MC bosses multiple times (up to 5 times) in 1 week.

And nothing of value was lost.

Ha, this is funny.

You blame GMs and Devs when you are the one abusing?
Well... you are the guy that looks bad after creating this thread.

Last edited:
The funniest thing about it is we in Onslaught (myself, Peasemold, Ruktuku, Futilian, Smooth, Tenebrae, Deadasfuk, Slater and Agusto) literally joined Volatile the day before.

We had no idea Thursday was a raid reset day. In fact, most people in Volatile are under the impression that raids reset on Tuesdays when honor resets. This wasn't even made known until recently. The fact that it reset last week when honor reset and other guilds downed Onyxia as many as 3 times in a 7 day period and aren't "punished" is laughable.

I bet you my MC gear I earned outside of Volatile will be gone too. I have nearly 30 days played on my character already and ran UBRS enough times to get Peasemold a Felstriker AND get a Black Blade from Drakk, ran BRD enough times to get an Ironfoe for Futilian, and have accumulated all gear for all shaman specs and configurations/resist sets.

What's worse is the confusion. Volatile is practically a conglomerate NA guild, there's no website, no core communication, at least 4 guilds merged into it. Most people aren't very elitist, the opposite of try hard and many don't even play a lot. Almost no one understood what was going on, myself included. To find out that raid IDs resetting when honor resets was not a normal thing was never ever communicated.

If you think anyone is returning from this 2 week suspension is a joke. We're all moving on.

If you think anyone is returning from this 2 week suspension is a joke. We're all moving on.

TBH, i dont Think anyone will miss someone that uses bugs to get advantages and such.
Everyone that reads your first post will understand that you and your friends are a joke.

Hello Kronos,

I saw an open window in a store
I went in a robbed some stuff
I reported the open window to the authorities
As there was no immediate reply I kept on robbing the store multiple times again

Why am I in jail now?
Imma gud boi, dindu nuffin.

Quit emberassing yourselves please.

PS: Yes, there might be some people who didn't know what was coming to them, but don't blame the staff for it, blame your guild mates for getting you in on this.

Hello Kronos,

I saw an open window in a store
I went in a robbed some stuff
I reported the open window to the authorities
As there was no immediate reply I kept on robbing the store multiple times again

Why am I in jail now?
Imma gud boi, dindu nuffin.

Quit emberassing yourselves please.

PS: Yes, there might be some people who didn't know what was coming to them, but don't blame the staff for it, blame your guild mates for getting you in on this.

Are you really making an analogy between playing a video game and robbing someone's private property?

Thats 15,6h per day since launch. Taking some downtime into consideration you are sitting 16h ingame on average every day since launch.
You either lied or got a serious problem. I'm okay with both to be honest.

This could and should have been handled in a far more professional and concise way. It's a shame. Not much else to say that hasn't already been said.

- - - Updated - - -

Fei has a unique situation where the nature of his work allows him to play while there. He's also dedicated and focused towards his own goals. Try not to jump to personal attacks.

"We cleared MC multiple times in one id why would we get banned" are you guys for real? The level of self-righteousness is unreal.

One extra MC was cleared and that was because raid ID reset on May 5th.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats 15,6h per day since launch. Taking some downtime into consideration you are sitting 16h ingame on average every day since launch.
You either lied or got a serious problem. I'm okay with both to be honest.

I work long shifts (over 12 hours) and long weeks with the liberty to play WOW at work.

Really one extra ID? Maybe you were just involved in one extra ID but please finally get your stories straight. We know when you are lying.

Really one extra ID? Maybe you were just involved in one extra ID but please finally get your stories straight. We know when you are lying.

Look in the Armory and show more than 1 extra raid. And for the record I wasn't even involved at all in the extra raid, I was at a Mastodon/Clutch/Graveyard concert.

You tried to be as godlike as Abusemerize †
You got caught †
End of your Kronos story †

Look in the Armory and show more than 1 extra raid. And for the record I wasn't even involved at all in the extra raid, I was at a Mastodon/Clutch/Graveyard concert.

We made all this material available to Buzzx, including more explanations and annotated versions of the responses he gave us which included various lies. Anyway here you go:

KILL SUMMARY BY LOCKOUT

BOSS - DATE - TIME - ID

6 AM (CEST) 24.04.2015 - 6 AM 01.05.2015 (All of these kills before 6 AM CEST of the 24th of April 2015, however, i.e. no charge here.)

Lucifron - 01.05.2015 - 4:08 - 326

Magmadar - 01.05.2015 - 4:36 - 326

Gehennas - 01.05.2015 - 4:48 - 326

Garr - 01.05.2015 - 5:42 - 326

6 AM 01.05.2015 - 6 AM 08.05.2015 (Note that the earliest kills in this list took place during the morning of the 1st of May, after the Raid left the instance after defeating Garr at 5:42, to reenter the reset instance and kill Garr and Geddon again. Which on its own, is of course not a violation, however, I believe this list speaks for itself, especially given that, and I cannot emphasize this enough, they were aware that the scheduled reset takes place during Friday morning, else they would have never actively left the instance, only to reenter it to kill just two rather specific bosses.)

Lucifron - 06.05.2015 - 03:35 - 259

Lucifron - 07.05.2015 - 03:56 - 592

Magmadar - 06.05.2015 - 03:47 - 259

Magmadar - 07.05.2015 - 04:07 - 592

Gehennas - 06.05.2015 - 04:01 - 259

Gehennas - 07.05.2015 - 04:25 - 592

Garr - 01.05.2015 - 06:54 - 398

Garr - 06.05.2015 - 4:23 - 259

Garr - 07.05.2015 - 05:01 - 592

Baron Geddon - 01.05.2015 - 8:30 - 398

Baron Geddon - 06.05.2015 - 4:39 - 259

Baron Geddon - 07.05.2015 - 05:38 - 592

Shazzrah - 06.05.2015 - 4:58 - 259

Shazzrah - 07.05.2015 - 05:53 - 592

Sulfuron Harbinger - 06.05.2015 - 5:34 - 259

Sulfuron Harbinger - 07.05.2015 - 06:14 - 592

Golemagg the Incinerator - 06.05.2015 - 5:34 - 259

Golemagg the Incinerator - 07.05.2015 - 06:14 - 592

Majordomo Executus - 06.05.2015 - 06:57 - 259

Majordomo Executus - 08.05.2015 - 5:13 - 592

Ragnaros - 08.05.2015 - 05:34 - 592

6 AM 08.05.2015 - 6 AM 15.05.2015 (While there are no irregularities here, I find it amazing how aware they again where when the scheduled reset was set to take place, as is illustrated by Volatile killing Ragnaros at 05:34 AM on the 8th of May, then leaving the instance, and clearing it again after the scheduled reset up to and including Golemagg.)

Lucifron - 08.05.2015 - 6:35 - 1571

Magmadar - 08.05.2015 - 6:47 - 1571

Gehennas - 08.05.2015 - 7:10 - 1571

Garr - 08.05.2015 - 7:47 - 1571

Baron Geddon - 08.05.2015 - 7:47 - 1571

Shazzrah - 08.05.2015 - 7:57 - 1571

Golemagg the Incinerator - 08.05.2015 - 8:27 - 1571

If they didn't know what was going on prior to joining, how can they be held responsible for it?

Since analogies are cool atm, that's like someone claims their free lunch, steals a second lunch, then steals another lunch then goes to some guys on the street and says "Hey, lunch is on me!" then the entire group of them gets punished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom