• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

I'd like to share a story: a Kronos story

Status
Not open for further replies.
furthermore, it's strange you act like this isn't the best server to grace the vanilla community in years and years. these crocodile tears about how you're all quitting the server even though you didn't get permabanned, you should probably never have started here in the first place.

Okay I am really out of this thread now. I am just glad that all our players that commented in this thread so far that are not associated with Volatile in any way are able to see through your actions and pointless attempts at deflection and misdirection.

The replies to this thread are really disappointing. These bans are ridiculous and are only based off of assumptions. The rules state to report bugs and exploiting them will result in a ban. You guys honestly think everyone in the raid knew what was going on? I certainly do not see a rule listed for unknowingly participating in an exploit. Are we really going to generalize a group of 40+ people and turn this situation into a witch hunt?

It is very elitist for people to assume everyone playing on this server knows everything about the game. I haven't played this game in over 10 years and you expect me to know when a raid is supposed to reset? I didn't even raid back then. I only did PvP.

I was looking forward to seeing the raid content I missed out on when I was a kid, but not anymore. A 14 day suspension on my account is uncalled for and has completely ruined my experience on this server. Unless this banned is lifted I will not be playing on Kronos anymore and I know a large number of other players won't be either. Go ahead and tell me I don't belong here because maybe I don't. I do not wish to be involved with a community of unreasonable people.

A reasonable solution would have been to remove the gear obtained from repeated bosses and to make an official announcement explaining the issue so everyone would be aware of it. I could understand bans if it happened again afterwards... but this?

"6 AM 01.05.2015 - 6 AM 08.05.2015 (Note that the earliest kills in this list took place during the morning of the 1st of May, after the Raid left the instance after defeating Garr at 5:42, to reenter the reset instance and kill Garr and Geddon again. Which on its own, is of course not a violation, however, I believe this list speaks for itself, especially given that, and I cannot emphasize this enough, they were aware that the scheduled reset takes place during Friday morning, else they would have never actively left the instance, only to reenter it to kill just two rather specific bosses.)"

We raid at thurs 9pm est because we are a NA guild, the instance resets at 12am est. We left the snake bosses up because you need them for the hydraxian quest to get the dousing water. We had several people already honoured or close to from killing elemental's in silithus.

Our next raid time is tues at 9pm, we clear to domo and are ready for rag. Some people aren't honoured so we return the next day Wed to farm trash but hey everything is back up and we lose our progression. We reclear to domo and douse all the flames again. We kill rag on thurs and after the SERVER RESET we clear again.

Never again will it appear we got 4 kills in 1 week because it was our first week raiding, 1 thurs night before reset, 1 after reset, 1 SERVER BUG, and the last after next weeks thurs reset. 3 completely ligit raids and a bug we reported with no response or actions by the GM's because they "lost the ticket".

Even though they have all these logs, they ban an entire guild, even though not all of them were present and there wasn't any malicious intent.

I supported the server with donations, and by telling others how great it is over those shitty vanilla servers. Now I have to go back and make sure people realize how ridiculously corrupt this server is.

Good luck kronos.

Oh yes, my bad. I was slightly irritated at that point. Please don't snitch me out to the FCC.

I suppose now you could add,

5. Ignore all valid points and choose one you can make fun of for your own troll-like pleasure.

Professionalism incarnate, indeed.

Oh yes, my bad. I was slightly irritated at that point. Please don't snitch me out to the FCC.

I thought you left this thread... twice...

Code:
pro·fes·sion·al·ism  noun
the competence or skill expected of a professional.

Just adding this, since there seems to be some confusion.

Okay I am really out of this thread now. I am just glad that all our players that commented in this thread so far that are not associated with Volatile in any way are able to see through your actions and pointless attempts at deflection and misdirection.

I'm not associated with Volatile, in fact this thread is the first I've heard of that guild. I'm not even 60.

A reasonable solution would have been to remove the gear obtained from repeated bosses and to make an official announcement explaining the issue so everyone would be aware of it.

You'd think so, wouldn't you? They initially wanted to remove every single piece of Molten Core gear and ban Buzz for a week, then they asked Buzz to suggest a punishment until finally they decided on 2 week bans for everyone and a 3 week ban for Buzz.

It's like they don't have any cohesion.

I like how you bring corruption to the table when none of the GM involved with your case is getting payed for their work and unplanned overtime they have to put up with because some irritating cunts thought they could get some extra epics.

I like how you bring corruption to the table when none of the GM involved with your case is getting payed for their work and unplanned overtime they have to put up with because some irritating cunts thought they could get some extra epics.

How is pay relevant? They are volunteers. If it's really a problem they should quit. Twinstar will find someone else I'm sure.

1. You admitted we submitted a ticket about the raid resetting and ignored that ticket.

2. Admitting that punishing Volatile was due the perception of other guilds on the server.

3. You delivered a different and much harsher punishment to the entire guild than originally described to Buzzx, the GM of Volatile.

The fact that you originally decided to punish the guild by removing loot, which directly punishes the perceived offense, but decided instead to BAN THE ENTIRE GUILD FOR TWO WEEKS, INCLUDING THOSE WHO WERE UNKNOWINGLY JUST SHOWING UP FOR RAID DAYS.

Oh and,

4. You dropped a sick F-Bomb in your last message to Buzzx.

Thats pretty much the point of punishments though...to show others the consequences of actions that break the rules stated...to discourage other people and guilds for doing those actions.

Anyone who partook in the exploit will require a ban or consequence of some sort. If I follow a friend into private property and didn't read the signs just followed the person leading me...then if I get caught I will be punished for trespassing..even though it was never my intention to do so.

Thats pretty much the point of punishments though...to show others the consequences of actions that break the rules stated...to discourage other people and guilds for doing those actions.

Anyone who partook in the exploit will require a ban or consequence of some sort. If I follow a friend into private property and didn't read the signs just followed the person leading me...then if I get caught I will be punished for trespassing..even though it was never my intention to do so.

Bad analogy. Remove the signs, and remove the knowledge that it's private property, then it'll be an accurate analogy.

Are you this fucking dense? They bring up irrational points to justify their actions, one of them calling the staff corrupt, which is obviously not the case.

Could you just not try to make a fool of the staff and yourselves and get the hell out of here?

2 weeks ban and you bunch of crybabies go along and open pointless topics to discuss this through? By rights you should receive a perma ban ingame and IP ban for the forums with no further notice.

Ignorance is no excuse in law. You guys showed the biggest amount of ignorance I have seen in this forum so far.

And those of us who didnt?

well... it isn't... that's just your opinion which I find incorrect

that's hardly a consolation, I would quit too

You either misunderstand or purposely confuse opinion with objective statement, you're very welcome to go play on worse servers where players can and do get away with exploiting because the administrations don't care.
If you can't appreciate what Kronos is then you're wasting your time even posting.

Asking for leniency after the fact + being disappointed in the consequences - don't do the crime if you can't do the time seems the appropriate line.

As far as these supposed guild members with zero knowledge of what was going on, examples need to be made and precedence set so irresponsible guild management will think twice in the future. (edit: if you weren't actually in the "xtra raid" you of course didn't deserve a ban)The rest of these guys can say wahtever they want, but it's pretty clear they didn't mind double loot until they realized the error in it.

And I think it's pretty safe to say that was most definitely the driving factor in not waiting/attempting to get a clear response.

It's over and done with so I don't see a reason to continue the thread, case in point, trying to finger someone for not being "professional" because you know the issue is simply done.

Last edited:
You either misunderstand or purposely confuse opinion with objective statement, you're very welcome to go play on worse servers where players can and do get away with exploiting because the administrations don't care.
If you can't appreciate what Kronos is then you're wasting your time even posting.

Asking for leniency after the fact + being disappointed in the consequences - don't do the crime if you can't do the time seems the appropriate line.

As far as these supposed guild members with zero knowledge of what was going on, examples need to be made and precedence set so irresponsible guild management will think twice in the future. These guys can say wahtever they want, but it's pretty clear they didn't mind double loot until they realized the error in it.

And I think it's pretty safe to say that was most definitely the driving factor in not waiting/attempting to get a clear response.

It's over and done with so I don't see a reason to continue the thread, case in point, trying to finger someone for not being "professional" because you know the issue is simply done.

There are many people who didnt attend the May 6th raid. There are also some who that was the first raid they ever attended.

Secondly there is no exploit. The server ate EVERYONE's raid id, not just Volatile's.

Bad analogy. Remove the signs, and remove the knowledge that it's private property, then it'll be an accurate analogy.
Maybe I have better analogy for you.

Do you remember Ensidia being banned for their world first kill of Lich King? None of them knew they are actually exploiting a bug with engineering bombs yet they were ALL banned for 3 days, and their loot and achievement were deleted.

Edit: http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/04/ensidia-temporarily-banned-for-exploits/
And that decision was made by professional GMs. Let's use that as a precedent.

Last edited:

You are clearly confusing subjective with objective. Because if kronos was as good as you claim it to be, the population wouldn't be so abysmal.

You're misunderstanding the events that occurred, as stated in this thread and confirmed by the GM.

As far as these supposed guild members with zero knowledge of what was going on, examples need to be made and precedence set so irresponsible guild management will think twice in the future. These guys can say wahtever they want, but it's pretty clear they didn't mind double loot until they realized the error in it.

I have a solution that will set precedence. Wipe the server, everyone starts over at 1. Blame the poor management of that guild. Next time you guys will be sure to keep a better eye on everyone else.

Professionalism is outside the point, but never not relevant, just seeing what went on in this thread and what happened in that irc chat, it's a glaring example of poor professionalism on this GM's part. And poor management on the server team's behalf for not reigning him in before he let it get as bad as it did.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's use that as a precedent.

So why didn't you remove loot and set a 3 day ban if that is the precedent?

Do you remember Ensidia being banned for their world first kill of Lich King? None of them knew they are actually exploiting a bug with engineering bombs yet they were ALL banned for 3 days, and their loot and achievement were deleted.

Edit: http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/04/ensidia-temporarily-banned-for-exploits/

World First progression kill for 3 days using an item exploit (intention) versus banning an entire casual raider guild with server 5th Ragnaros for 2 weeks.

We walked into an instance and saw bosses alive, they used an item knowingly to get a world first kill.

We are banned for 2 weeks, they were banned for 3 days.

I think we still have our loot, so you guys need to get on that.

Good precedent. You have won me over.

Wow, just wow. Calling people "irritating cunts" because they want to know why they are banned for so long? The name calling in this thread is very immature. You don't even know any of us yet you automatically assume we received these bans for being terrible people?

Of course the staff is going to be overwhelmed when they make a decision like this. They should have expected this and thought about it before making such a decision.

And to the staff: Banning the entire guild just because you don't have the time to review the case player by player? If you don't have time to review the case player by player then don't fucking generalize an punish an entire guild. It takes me a quick moment to think of solutions such as simply removing the loot from repeated bosses.

Just inform the community of the bug and tell them it's not acceptable to take advantage of it in the future. This whole situation is really really disappointing.

Engineering bombs that extended a phase of LK and got them a World First Kill of LK.. They got 3 DAYS. Are you serious? We weren't getting a world first kill of a new boss, we were unknowingly clearing an instance that was apparently reset an extra time..

Vanilla WoW was a fun side-project for me to play with friends.. Apparently it no longer was something fun and turned into something extremely serious.. You know getting a few extra epics because of an error on the servers end in MOLTEN CORE..

They intentionally used an item to bug out an encounter. Volatile walked into an instance portal on normal raid days, not to mention submitting a GM ticket in the process.

They were all banned for 3 days, not TWO FULL WEEKS.

Their loot and achievement were deleted, which was just, and was in line with the original punishment described to Volatile's GM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom