• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

I'd like to share a story: a Kronos story

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you go ahead and take this to a public thread. Thats the incarnation of beeing unprofessional. You are the last guys who can call anyone else unprofessional. You lost that right.

I don't understand your attachment to this thread or this issue. Based on your responses you seem to think that Volatile members are all exploiting pieces of trash. Your responses have all been polemical, containing no reasoning and often sounding simply defensive. Why? If we are going to stick to the rumour mill, as you and other posters in this thread have done, then lets start with the bias by server GMs against NA players, and the "gms have characters in Arcanum and started this whole drama in the first place" rumours. Given the influx of responses yesterday in general chat, and the swarm of responses in this thread, how can any reasoned person conclude that these rumours are in fact false? I've now read through the posted screenshots, including others that have not been posted, where Zarquon admitted to needing to punish Volatile members to satisfy other guild leaders. Zarquon has even responded to this thread not only with words, but with "thumbs up" and "thumbs down" to responses he does and does not like. It's clear he has a bias in this matter.

But, lets not get caught up in the rumour mill. I think the most rediculous aspect of this whole ordeal is that the punishment that the dev team originally came up with went out the window and they decided to ban people for 2 weeks a month old server. Seems a bit drastic given that the intended point was to provide an "appropriate punishment".

Just thought I'd let you guys know I checked the website to see how to handle this. It says to contact a GM about the issue. After reasoning with him he said "tbh it was your guild leader that got you banned" and then redirected me to the forums. I explained to him that I just checked them and it said to contact a GM. After I told him this he ignored me.

if you find a gm response disappointing i would suggest talking to the higher staff on IRC, better response times and they are more progressive and proactive i have found

maybe, you horde? i have enough for a 2nd epic mount and a stack of black lotus that are begging to be used.

no, i am alliance. but let's be real, you're just going to give it to people you've met on horde :smile:

anyway, if i was one of the people banned i wouldn't jump the gun. action was taken, but remorse or circumstance could always factor in. those that post in this thread doomsaying and being flippant after getting banned aren't helping themselves. you might find you actually care about staying in the future.

Hello Kronos,

I saw an open window in a store
I went in a robbed some stuff
I reported the open window to the authorities
As there was no immediate reply I kept on robbing the store multiple times again

Why am I in jail now?
Imma gud boi, dindu nuffin.

Quit emberassing yourselves please.

PS: Yes, there might be some people who didn't know what was coming to them, but don't blame the staff for it, blame your guild mates for getting you in on this.

Fuck Lharts, I kinda lol'ed at work while reading this.

I have read the whole thread now and from my point of view it looks like this:
- You exploited an obvious bug (the reset of the instances is nearly the same as it is on EU retail servers and after more than month, you could have deduced when instances should reset. Not to mention, that reset day should be somewhere on website)
- You demand to not be punished, because you were not punished on other servers for doing the same

... WTF?

- You exploited an obvious bug (the reset of the instances is nearly the same as it is on EU retail servers and after more than month, you could have deduced when instances should reset. Not to mention, that reset day should be somewhere on website)
- You demand to not be punished, because you were not punished on other servers for doing the same

... WTF?

+1 "wtf"

... WTF?

No one ever said that. Looks like you have to re-read the whole thing again.

Maybe I have better analogy for you.

Do you remember Ensidia being banned for their world first kill of Lich King? None of them knew they are actually exploiting a bug with engineering bombs yet they were ALL banned for 3 days, and their loot and achievement were deleted.

Edit: http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/04/ensidia-temporarily-banned-for-exploits/
And that decision was made by professional GMs. Let's use that as a precedent.

Love your bias. http://s3.mmoguildsites.com/s3/gallery_images/821987/original.jpg?1430873521

Mind letting everyone on the server not in one of the guilds you DEVs are in know about your bias?

As I see there are some trolls here that just want the banhammer to take part and dont ever bother to read or understand.
Zarquon repeatedly acts in a bad way whether he is right or not. You are a GM, behave like that and not like any other troll in this forum. The way you talk is not the one expected from someone who represents a staff that is supposed to be comprehensive and give the best judgement to every part.
As I said previosly, there are many people posting here that dont care who gets banned. They just want some fun, see people crying and laugh at them.

I didnt get banned, nor i was affected by this issue.

The replies to this thread are really disappointing. These bans are ridiculous and are only based off of assumptions. The rules state to report bugs and exploiting them will result in a ban. You guys honestly think everyone in the raid knew what was going on? I certainly do not see a rule listed for unknowingly participating in an exploit. Are we really going to generalize a group of 40+ people and turn this situation into a witch hunt?

It is very elitist for people to assume everyone playing on this server knows everything about the game. I haven't played this game in over 10 years and you expect me to know when a raid is supposed to reset? I didn't even raid back then. I only did PvP.

I was looking forward to seeing the raid content I missed out on when I was a kid, but not anymore. A 14 day suspension on my account is uncalled for and has completely ruined my experience on this server. Unless this banned is lifted I will not be playing on Kronos anymore and I know a large number of other players won't be either. Go ahead and tell me I don't belong here because maybe I don't. I do not wish to be involved with a community of unreasonable people.

A reasonable solution would have been to remove the gear obtained from repeated bosses and to make an official announcement explaining the issue so everyone would be aware of it. I could understand bans if it happened again afterwards... but this?

I liked this post a lot and I found it very reasonable. It was just recently I started dipping my toes in wow private servers and I've read a lot on reddit etc on how bad private servers can be. And all those horror stories about corrupt gm's and admins. But I did not really believe it was that bad, I thought it was just the Internet blowing things up like usual and hating for hate sake. I am absolutely shocked to see kronos being one of the servers involved in such an absurd situation. I'm almost too shocked to believe that kronos would behave this way. As much as I like this server, words need to spread about this. I am now scared for my life to raid, HOW can you possibly justify banning me for joining a raid that has a bugged reset? How could I ever know? Gm's taking cheap shots and trying to ridiculous others to defend themselves - also another gm stepping in and setting a precedent that has nothing to with this situation. Please tell me this is a joke? My expectations might just be too high for an unpaid employe. My illusion about kronos is shattered to say the least.

I wonder if I get another forum ban for disagree with kronos staff. I got a one day ban for disagreeing and calling it unprofessional because they took cheap shots at another server in one of their facebook posts. They banned me for disagreeing, but they removed the posts on facebook after maybe 20mins so I guess they DID agree with me in the end.

So, this happend.

You see that your raid reset was early, you tried to Contact GM about it in a ticket, no GM was online/answered and you started to raid the bugged instance ID?
The rules clearly states that this is NOT ok.

I know Synced has the same and other Guilds, why do you guys Think they did not abuse this bug?
Do they have more manners then you guys? do they follow the rules more?

You also stated in your first post abuses is ok on alot of servers and are disappointed in Kronos rules because they dont allow it here?

Do you even see how retarded you look like?

For people that did not attend all the raid IDs (or the bugged one) i hope GM/Staff take a look at it and if so unban them.
But i cant really say i trust anyone in this Guild after this thread.

The fact, if you made a ticket or not, does not play any role here, we just wanted to know if you ever intended to report this. I really feel sorry for you if you think that getting 2-3x more loot from Molten Core than intended is right. I'm also sorry for the servers that "allow" such abuse of unintended instance reset.

We are aware of this issue and we know it might happen from time to time. However it does not mean you are allowed to do it.

Abuse of bugs/exploits or use of game mechanics in a way is not intended (ignorance is not a excuse)

Bans were given only to those players, who took part in any of the extra Molten Core IDs at least once.
We have been processing boss kill logs for several hours to get exact information - who, what and when.

Such statements like
I just joined that guild yesterday and never set foot in MC and they banned me with them. Whats funny is even the evidence the GM's provided proves they weren't exploiting/cheating.
are not true at all.

Try to get some perspective and look at your actions. This has nothing to do with being biased or corrupt. All this disagreement in here is mostly about you failing to even acknowledge what you have done.

No further discussion needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom