• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

[AddOn] Aux - Enhanced Auction House Interface

Hello,
when using your addon, I cant buyout or bid any auction. Do i need another addon? With Default UI it works. I dont use any other addon except questie

1. using default settings downloaded from GitHub, latest version
  2. click on auction NPC and open Aux window
  3. write something to search box
  4. selecting found item (its first one with lowest value, double-click will show other auctions of same items which costs more)
  5. click on buyout
  6. nothing happens
  7. click on bid
  8. nothing happens
WoWScrnShot_050316_152718.jpg

Very strange are you sure it's not buying anything? If there are identical auctions only the count in the auctions column would be decreased and not the entry removed. You would stil get a yellow "bid accepted" message in your chat. Also, sure you have enough gold? Lastly if you havent already delete the aux folder completely and redownload it to make sure you have a clean install.

i tried auctions with only one single item, and it wont buy them. i have 11 golds and item costs few silvers so its not gold issue. I guess that ill try fresh redownload and hope it will work. Just to be sure there arent any slash commands to force buyout through addon, or any dependency addons which i need to make Aux works?

EDIT: After i deleted blizzAddons & cache, and redownloaded Aux again, it started to work :)

Last edited:
I'm totally loving this addon.

Is there a way to configure some options not strictly auction-related? More specifically, I'd like to be able to resize the main window (if possible) as my font doesn't perfectly fit some buttons and column headers. A few customizable settings wouldn't harm :tongue:

Also, is there any way its tooltips could implement, say, the ones from Informant? The standard ones are pretty essential, and being also able to see vendor prices would certainly help.

I may add such settings eventually but I don't like customization much and they're not a high priority.

As for the tooltip, this already exists. Read the main post for instructions.

Aight, however I noticed there's mismatches between Aux tooltips' vendor price and Informant ones (Aux tooltips seem to always show lower - as in wrong - prices).

Also, why do I get this error while I do complete scans (no filter) of the AH?

5AI7NQ4.png

Lastly, a tab or /help command showing all shortcuts and commands would be of great help.

Aux tooltips show prices by unit (hold down shift to show stack)

That isnt an error there wont be more than 1000 auctions listed in the searchtable for performance reasons.

All the slash commands you need are in rhe main post.

Aux tooltips show prices by unit (hold down shift to show stack)

No, I'm talking about non-stackable items like gear or weapons. When I'm not in the AH and mouse over a weapon in my bag, the lower portion of the tooltip (Informant) shows the right vendor price, while the main tooltip frame (with Aux info in it, like Market Value) shows a wrong vendor price (always lower than Informant's, as far as I could notice so far).

That isnt an error there wont be more than 1000 auctions listed in the searchtable for performance reasons.

Oh. Yet it seems the scan goes on, regardless of that (the progress bar fills, as well as auction pages are sorted through). Is that somehow 'fake progress', or just that auctions are scanned although not displayed? I clearly am only doing this to save the average market value for all items scanned... just like you would do with the Auctioneer addon, basically.

All the slash commands you need are in rhe main post.

I know they are there. :smile: In fact, I was asking about some /help command or built-in resume screen just to spare the effort of having to minimize WoW and browse the forums back to that post all the time. The same applies to shortcuts.

Last edited:
No, I'm talking about non-stackable items like gear or weapons. When I'm not in the AH and mouse over a weapon in my bag, the lower portion of the tooltip (Informant) shows the right vendor price, while the main tooltip frame (with Aux info in it, like Market Value) shows a wrong vendor price (always lower than Informant's, as far as I could notice so far).
I cannot reproduce this. Are you sure you're talking about the "vendor sell" part of the aux tooltip? It is possible that it might differ from informant in some cases because informant uses a static database whereas aux will adjust it whenever it can get data from the server but then aux should be the correct one, not informant.

Oh. Yet it seems the scan goes on, regardless of that (the progress bar fills, as well as auction pages are sorted through). Is that somehow 'fake progress', or just that auctions are scanned although not displayed? I clearly am only doing this to save the average market value for all items scanned... just like you would do with the Auctioneer addon, basically.
Like I said, it's only about what's listed in the search table. The scan will go on and the scanned data will still be considered for the historical value.

I know they are there.
smile.gif
In fact, I was asking about some /help command or built-in resume screen just to spare the effort of having to minimize WoW and browse the forums back to that post all the time. The same applies to shortcuts.
That won't happen anytime soon as I'm still making changes quite frequently and I don't want to have to keep updating that synchronously.

The newest version adds a new "blizzard filter". you can now use a firstpage:lastpage modifier in your queries where firstpage defaults to 1 and lastpage to whatever the highest available for the query.
For example you could write a query "linen cloth/exact/5:7" to only scan the three pages 5, 6 and 7. Additionally I have changed the progress bar to show the number of pages in your scan rather than the blizzard indexes. So for example with the above query it will say "scanning 1/3" -> "scanning 2/3" -> "scanning 3/3" -> "scan complete" rather than "scanning 5/10" -> "scanning 6/10" -> "scanning 7/10" -> "scan complete" like before.

Great job! The only thing that bothers me is that the font is too large and some of the names are displayed as "Aucti...", "Ti..." etc. I am using 1920x1080 display.

Hm using the same resolution and no such issue. Maybe you've got a client with modified fonts/addon that changes them?

Hi , I tried it yesterday and it seems really nice, but I couldn't find an option to scan the whole auction house, as I would do with auctioneer. That's giving me a more accurate average price.

Just use an empty blizzard filter (left side of the filter subtab) and it will scan the whole ah.

Btw please use github instead of these forums or email me. Don't like that they made it private.

Last edited:
I'm having some problem with Aux, I grabbed a new zip file from the github. I looked over see if there was any commands to fix it but nothing.

All I get when I open the auction house is an empty Aux Window.
cdlMJe5.png

Try deleting your savedvariables.

And again, please use github for this. Not checking in here very frequently.

i downloaded it unpacked the files move them to my addon map but i cant seem to activate them in wow

Is there a way to search for items that are below their vendor sale price?

EG an item posted at 15s buyout, but sells to vendor for 20s. Stuff like that.

i downloaded it unpacked the files move them to my addon map but i cant seem to activate them in wow
Probably wrong folder name.

Bid/buyout-vendor-profit but it will only work for prices youve scanned unless you import the informant db.

Last edited:
If i let it scan and it says it will discard all the auctions from such a page on in my search will it "fill in" the missing items so i can price mine out ?

Hi mate, good work on the addon!

I was wondering if it is possible to add a feature that shows the lowest price of an item in the latest scan. While the historical value is a great indicator for several items I feel that often the discrepancies between the actual and the historical price is quite high. Especially on Kronos 2 since it has just launched and the economy still has to settle.

Thanks!

The daily value is kind of like that (/aux tooltip daily). Not exactly the lowest price (details in the main post) but close.

If i let it scan and it says it will discard all the auctions from such a page on in my search will it "fill in" the missing items so i can price mine out ?
Not sure what you're saying but the notification is only about the listing and will not affect the price scanning.

The newest version contains a long overdue change. Bidding will now update the auction entry instead of removing it like buying.

Top Bottom