• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

[AddOn] Aux - Enhanced Auction House Interface

Can you add a buy ea. / bid ea. in the search part of the addon?

Right click on "Auction Buyout" in Search Table and you can switch to "per Item" from "per Stack".

Its sneaky, it was not obvious for me too.

Last edited:
Is there an option to have the default Auction Duration to be 24 hrs instead of the current default of 8?

Is there an option to have the default Auction Duration to be 24 hrs instead of the current default of 8?
No. However, aux will always remember your settings for an item, so the default is only for items you haven't posted yet.

Is it possible to turn off the 'Value: ---' section on the tooltip of items?
In the newest version you can toggle it with /aux tooltip value. It's still on by default.

The newest version also includes an update of the filter subtab. A number of filters had been added over the last few months but not yet included there. Now they are.

Not sure if that's a bug with the most recent version or not (didnt update aux in months) but for me, doesnt matter what "stack count" I tell Aux to put up for auction, it just puts up a single item :(

Also, the left side of "Post" doesnt always update... for example I put up 1 of 18 felcloth and it still says 18 isntead of 17.

Tried to delete all servervariables in my wtf folder from aux and did a fresh copy of the new aux, both problem still exist.

Last edited:

You can change it for you personally pretty easy if you know your way with a editor. Just open post_frame.lua from the Aux-Addon folder in any editor and look for line 16: duration = DURATION_8,
And maybe you have guessed it, change DURATION_8 to DURATION_24.
Now all new items you never auctioned have a duration of 24 hours.

Not sure if that's a bug with the most recent version or not (didnt update aux in months) but for me, doesnt matter what "stack count" I tell Aux to put up for auction, it just puts up a single item :(

Also, the left side of "Post" doesnt always update... for example I put up 1 of 18 felcloth and it still says 18 isntead of 17.

Tried to delete all servervariables in my wtf folder from aux and did a fresh copy of the new aux, both problem still exist.

Can't reproduce this. Make sure you completely delete the old folder and replace it with the new version.

This addon made the auction house a pleasurable experience since I started using it on Nost. Awesome work Bit!

Is there actually a way to somehow share the auction house data between multiple accounts?
Question is not really related to Aux but I would appreciate a solution nonetheless :)

Is there actually a way to somehow share the auction house data between multiple accounts?
Question is not really related to Aux but I would appreciate a solution nonetheless :)

<WOW_FOLDER_LOC>/WTF/Account/<ACCOUNT_NAME>/SavedVariables/Aux-Addon.lua

Copy this file to the same location under your other account.

Is there anyway to force update Aux to change the value of items for the median value over like a week of scans? It seems to be the same always, even though items scanned seem to be the same as always. I've been running Aux for over a month and items like punctured voodoo dolls are "valued" to 16g but sell for 2g all the time?

Is there anyway to force update Aux to change the value of items for the median value over like a week of scans? It seems to be the same always, even though items scanned seem to be the same as always. I've been running Aux for over a month and items like punctured voodoo dolls are "valued" to 16g but sell for 2g all the time?
/aux clear history will wipe the price data, but that really shouldn't be necessary. Of course it takes a while for the price to update. After all the point of the historical value is being able to detect when something is priced lower or higher than "usual". It definitely shouldn't take longer than a week though if you scan every day, usually less.

Are you maybe exiting the game by alt f4 after scanning? If you don't log out properly or /reload then the new data will not be saved.

I have issues, the price of the auctions that the addon give me when he scan is much different than the actual price on the AH.

OR say i search for Bolt of Mageweave, he find 1 auction, when i search with default ui there are 12 different auctions, addon is broken for me

I have issues, the price of the auctions that the addon give me when he scan is much different than the actual price on the AH.

OR say i search for Bolt of Mageweave, he find 1 auction, when i search with default ui there are 12 different auctions, addon is broken for me

If the auctions are identical they aren't listed as separate entries, only with a count in the "auctions"-column. Additionally also auctions of the same item are shown as one entry. If there were multiple ones the count is blue and you can expand them by double click.

The "value" of the tooltip is not based on the last scan, but on, well, read the relevant section of the main post for that.

I was getting errors after deleting aux and all other addons and then readding it later but fixed with deleting saved variables. My slight problem now is that the settings that I used to post have changed. The duration isn't automatically 24 hours like it use to be, any ideas?

Well, the default is 12 hours now. I think it's a better default because 24 hours is a waste of money in deposit most of the time (twice as much after all). Aux will remember the setting for every item though so once you've set it to 24 it will stay. For items you haven't sold yet it will still suggest 12 hours though. I generally use 24 hours only for items without deposit (e.g. enchanting mats).

If you reeeally need 24 hours you can edit the code in the top of the post_frame.lua file.

Last edited:
I've made a fairly big upgrade to the search tab. There is now a search result history and the interface is very similar to that of a web browser:

jl7rAVj.png

Note that as before you can search for an item in the listing by right clicking it. This is especially useful when you make a profit search and wanna be sure it's really a good deal compared to the other auctions, without losing your profit search results.

Last edited:
Bit should be hired @ Bell Labs asap! His portait is already next to Ritchie's and Kernighan's :wub::wub: *insert Bit's **** here* :D

Top level

Hello, I've been using your addon since maybe december 2015 and I like it very much, however there seems to be a huge difference between the one I downloaded back then and the one I downloaded recently, for example filter search on the old one felt smoother. I personally also dislike this new "TSM" theme and like your original one better but that's personal taste I guess.

Otherwise great job

forgot: is it possible to edit the theme?

I would really only see the filter tab as a tutorial for how to write filters. I personally always directly type them into the search box. It's much faster, and there's autocomplete for all keywords. And 99% of the searches I make are already in the favorites/recent searches anyway.

You can edit the theme to some degree in the gui.lua file, but it probably won't be consistent. I'm planning on making it easier at some point.

edit: by the way, make sure you download the newest version. there were some bugs in the new result-history which should be fixed now.

Last edited:
The newest version adds a sniping mode which can be toggled by left clicking the snipe button in the top left:

YukdVxz.png

Right click on the snipe button will activate automatic buyout for the snipe mode. This is untested! I would advise against using it on a char with a lot of gold at the moment.

Is it possible to keep scanned data after updating?
Because if I don't delete files from WTF folder after update it always throws random errors when scanning.

Top Bottom