• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

[AddOn] Aux - Enhanced Auction House Interface

You can either do multiple blizzard item queries using semicolons: rugged leather/exact/max-unit-buy/17s;fused wiring/exact/max-unit-buy/1.75 etc.
or you can do a single query like you did and use item post filters
by the way, the and/or operators have changed. you now type the number of arguments after the operator (e.g., or3 for a 3 parameter or) and if you leave out the number the operator will consume everything that follows. Also you need and operators to bind the prices to the items. your example would be written correctly as follows:
trade goods/or/and2/item/rugged leather/max-unit-buy/17s 0c/and2/item/fused wiring/max-unit-buy/1g 75s/and2/item/elemental earth/max-unit-buy/75s/and2/item/elemental fire/max-unit-buy/1g 20s

By the way, the filter tab in the newest version has received some nice upgrades, especially the post filter editor. You can use the mouse wheel to change the size, you can move the view by dragging if the filter gets too large to show all at once, you can right click individual filters to remove them and you can left click a filter to insert new filters there (the selected one is marked green)

you can also use the "import" button to show your searchbox query in the post filter editor nicely formatted to check if it's correct.

[video=youtube;kVm-LGOEJKc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVm-LGOEJKc[/video]

Thank you so much!

mcGNuF6.jpg

how to fix?

Definitely the master branch. dev is where I'm making large breaking changes and most of the time it isn't working. Right now I'm working on a completely new module system and a table recycling system to reduce lag due to the vanilla client's stop the world garbage collector.

I'm getting an error when trying the commands.

Error: ...\components\slash.lua : 31 : attempt to index global '_G' (a nil value)

Commands:
/aux tooltip daily
/aux tooltip disenchant distribution
/aux tooltip disenchant value
/aux tooltip disenchant source
/aux tooltip vendor buy
/aux tooltip vendor sell

I tried deleting saved variables and the problem still exists

Yeah sorry about that, already aware it but I can't be bothered to try and fix it on the master branch now as I'll release the dev version in a day or two which should then have everything working.

Only just noticed, when i load into the game an error occurs

"Interface\AddOns\aux-addon\gui.lua:91: bad argument #1 to 'getn' (table expected, got nil)"

also is there a way to search the whole AH to get prices on everything?

Last edited:
@zPrQD6S Hope the error doesn't happen in the new version. aux automatically gathers price information when doing searches so you just have to do a search with an empty blizzard filter + arbitrary post filter to get prices on everything. (you probably want to /reload afterwards because otherwise you may lose the data if you end up exiting through alt-f4 or a crash (no way for addons to prevent that as it's impossible to persist data without a /reload or regular logout afaik).

The new version (on the master branch as of last night) has seen massive changes in the backend (new module system, table recycling) which should massively reduce the annoying little freezes (which are caused by the lua garbage collector reclaiming memory from unused objects).

I've tested the core functionality but there still may be some bugs of course as the changes to the code were so extensive. There is one bug I'm aware of with editboxes which messes up the display when you enter more text than the lenght of the editbox. I'm not sure yet how this can be prevented but it shouldn't be a big issue anyhow (or even come up at all for most people) and nothing bad will happen as it's only a display bug and the content of the editbox will be fine (e.g., when copy-pasting large queries into the editbox). The reason for this is some changes I've made to editboxes to make it possible to colorize text while editing and not just after clearing the focus like before (currently only used for price input in the post tab, coloring g/s/c in gold/silver/brown already as you type them, but I intend to use it for the filter input at some point) as well as showing a nicer (thinner) cursor.

Tried the new version, still getting the same error

"Interface\AddOns\aux-addon\gui.lua:91: bad argument #1 to 'getn' (table expected, got nil)"

Doesnt seem to be breaking anything so im happy just to deal with it.

- - - Updated - - -

@zPrQD6S Hope the error doesn't happen in the new version. aux automatically gathers price information when doing searches so you just have to do a search with an empty blizzard filter + arbitrary post filter to get prices on everything.

Didnt think of that, thnx!

@zPrQD6S impossible, that file doesn't even exist anymore in the newest version. you must've not made a proper update somehow. delete the whole folder and download a fresh zip.

vendor and tooltip errors should be fixed now

edit: query error fixed too

Last edited:
I downloaded from your Github, renamed the file as "Aux", and now I can't edit or rename the file further, (or delete it,) and it seems Kronos can't use the file either.

Here's the error: "You don't currently have permission to access this folder." I click the continue button (I'm admin of my personal computer) and then it sends me to a new screen that says "You have been denied permission to access this folder."

I then use the security tab which I access through right-click/properties, and click Advanced... and any option I choose results in a dead end with the statement "You do not have permission to view or edit this object's permission settings."

I am running Windows 10 (not of my own free will) and I don't know what the deal is. I think that this is the first file that I've run into this permission crap for.

Any ideas?

Also, this is probably the greatest addon in my addon folder (although there are plenty of good ones in there made by other creators that may read this statement).

Thanks. Any idea how to delete the incorrectly-named Aux folder?

I was able to move the Aux folder onto my desktop and out of the Kronos Folder.

I'm unable to move it into the Recycling Bin however.

I suspect that I'm just going to have this dead folder on my system until someday when I reinstall a new OS.

Thanks. Any idea how to delete the incorrectly-named Aux folder?

I was able to move the Aux folder onto my desktop and out of the Kronos Folder.

I'm unable to move it into the Recycling Bin however.

I suspect that I'm just going to have this dead folder on my system until someday when I reinstall a new OS.

click

/aux ignore owner doesn't seem to be working. Besides the fact that it doesn't give me an indication that the command went through (it doesn't get "sent" like a normal message would, which should make the command disappear), I still see seller names in the table as it's scanning.

P.S. I love the addon and would like to thank you for providing this for us. Simply amazing work.

not sure, it works for me. Note that it doesn't mean there will be no seller names, just that some may be missing (shown as "---").

Aux doesn't recognize linked items in the chat currently. There are no sell price, vendor price, disenchant value etc. in the tooltip.

Hey, Bit.
After update (last time I updated aux 2 months ago) I got some weird error, which says that some different addon (fubar in this case) is calling some protected function, which is allowed only for blizzard interface.
Is it known issue? Did I missed some /aux clear cache or something like this?

Top Bottom