• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

[AddOn] Aux - Enhanced Auction House Interface

I'm afraid not. The format's changed many times, significantly, and the conversion might be very hard or impossible from your version.

However, I've uploaded my own (account wide) aux savedvariables file here: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/shirsig/stuff/master/Aux-Addon.lua

It contains recent data from daily scans on K2 Alliance. If you play horde on K2 you could change "Alliance" to "Horde" at the top of the file and I guess it would be similar enough. For K1 you're out of luck unless someone else posts his.

The file also contains the imported Informant data for vendor buy/sell prices.

5e68f2604a.png

Anyone want to help with crafting a filter?

I want to list either all items that:
  • are at least 5g buyout, 5g bid lower than normal price and will end in less or equal to 2 hours.
  • are at least 5g buyout OR 5g bid lower than normal price and will end in less or equal to 2 hours.

As you can see on the screen shot above, I have some difficulties (I'm expecting item value to be at least 5g).

Your query means this: ((bid-profit:5g or buy-profit:5g) and left:2h) or left:30m
So having left:30m is enough to match.

I don't understand the first line of the description of what you want it to list, but here's a query that I would find sensible:
or/buy-profit/5g/and/bid-profit/5g/left/30m
which means
buy-profit:5g or (bid-profit:5g and left:30m)
Actually I would further extend it to
or/and/buy-profit/5g/buy-pct/50/and/and/bid-profit/5g/bid-pct/50/left/30m
which means
(buy-profit:5g and buy-pct:50) or (bid-profit:5g and bid-pct:50 and left:30m)
Because otherwise you'll get tons of false positives for items with high prices.

Also, there's a new version which replaces the weird snipe button with a small menu:

CrKqNr1.png

TTFNFvL.png

Checking "Real Time" is the same as sniping was. Checking "Auto Buy" means everything that matches a query will be directly bought instead of listed in the table (so be very careful with that. There's also a confirmation before it's activated for safety. There's another setting which is new: "Auto Buy Filter". This means everything that matches the filter you enter there will be bought immediately during a search (but the other items matching the search query will be listed as usual). This also requires a confirmation to activate and also in a new session they will always be unchecked again.

Last edited:
(...)
Also, there's a new version which replaces the weird snipe button with a small menu:
(...)
Hamburger™ update.

Keep up good work and don't break save data too often (and actual graphic for it would be nice too btw).

Some bad news: I haven't checked on K1 but on K2 the AH sorting is broken so sniping is currently impossible.

Also, a new update with some bugfixes and a much nicer look for the search config:

I2dYown.png

Added some new filter operators: and*, or*, andx, orx (x being a number > 2)
They don't allow for new filters but they make writing the old ones more convenient.

instead of and/and/and/and you can now write and5 for an and with 5 arguments. and* and or* take as many arguments as they can find. This is especially useful with or* at the start of the query if you want the toplevel to be a disjunction. For example for a post filter for many items:

or*/and4/item/scouting gloves/+4 agility/+4 stamina/max-unit-buy/5g/and4/item/wrangler's wristbands/+3 agility/+3 stamina/max-unit-buy/5g/and3/item/hook dagger/+4 fire spell damage/max-unit-buy/10g

Also I hope the search tab is now bug free again after many changes this week.

edit: you may get an error because of the per-character savedvariables after upgrading because some former per-character settings are now account wide (for example the saved searches). The solution is simply to delete the saved variables per character (and copy the saved searches to the account wide file if you want to keep them)

Last edited:
So, i just did a SVN Update of Aux and now i get this error:

Interface\AddOns\Aux-Addon\tabs\bids\core.lua:19: Read of undeclared "frame".

Also getting lua errors when scanning, I've tried deleting my entire WTF folder and it's still occurring

Last edited:
Hey man, love the addon!

I'm getting two errors whenever I try to run a search:
O3Zf5ps.jpg

I just installed Aux today after coming back from a ~3 month break from WoW, so I wouldn't be surprised if I was the cause of the errors.

Some info for troubleshooting:

1. Downloaded and installled Aux from the github page today.

2. Clicking an item in the "Post" tab produces no errors, only the "Search" tab is throwing the errors out.

3. Deleted both the Character saved variables and the Account saved variables.

4. So far it's happened 6/6 times that I've relogged and tried running a search.

Thanks for all the work you put in for us, you've got my respect

Not sure what it could be. I'm not getting errors. Note that the last update was only 4 hours ago though, and it was broken a few times during the day. Also if that's not the issue try making absolutely sure the savedvariables are gone. Close the client, delete them, restart the client.

Just tried deleting the entire Aux-AddOn folder as well as the savedvariables from account and character folders, re-downloaded from github and reinstalled. Still getting those same two errors unfortunately.

I'm gonna keep checking/trying things and I'll post here if I figure it out :p

Found out what the issue is. Deleted my own savedvariables and then i got the error too. It's an error in the owner data collection. Until I've fixed it you can just use /aux ignore owner to fix it (would recommend it anyway tbh)

By the way, the reason for the instability was the maybe last larger upgrade for aux: a new filter subtab.

eFgp9B2.png

Import loads the query string into the form, export produces a query string from the form.

Last edited by a moderator:
new Problem:WoWScrnShot_080316_210511.jpg

this is in Warsong, targetting a friendly mage.
but i dont know if Aux or your Cooldown Frames are causing this :D

spams it as long as the target has a cooldown shown by CDFrames, i think it also has something to do with targetoftarget

Last edited:
oops, forgot a debug print statement i guess. It's from cdframes, I just use aux' print sometimes for debugging other addons. Aux also has an issue actually which I'm about to upload a fix for, a memory leak making it crash the game during scans of 50+ pages

edit: both fixed

Last edited:
If anyone is having errors pop up (bad argument #1 to 'strfind' (string expected, got nil)) and an unresponsive/glitchy ah interface after updating Aux recently, here's a fix that leaves your settings/scan data intact:

Code:
/run aux_auto_buy_filter = "";

Then reload the ui.

How can I scan and display multiple items in the table?

trade goods/or/item/rugged leather/max-unit-buy/17s 0c/or/item/fused wiring/max-unit-buy/1g 75s/or/item/elemental earth/max-unit-buy/75s/or/item/elemental fire/max-unit-buy/1g 20s

You can either do multiple blizzard item queries using semicolons: rugged leather/exact/max-unit-buy/17s;fused wiring/exact/max-unit-buy/1.75 etc.
or you can do a single query like you did and use item post filters
by the way, the and/or operators have changed. you now type the number of arguments after the operator (e.g., or3 for a 3 parameter or) and if you leave out the number the operator will consume everything that follows. Also you need and operators to bind the prices to the items. your example would be written correctly as follows:
trade goods/or/and2/item/rugged leather/max-unit-buy/17s 0c/and2/item/fused wiring/max-unit-buy/1g 75s/and2/item/elemental earth/max-unit-buy/75s/and2/item/elemental fire/max-unit-buy/1g 20s

By the way, the filter tab in the newest version has received some nice upgrades, especially the post filter editor. You can use the mouse wheel to change the size, you can move the view by dragging if the filter gets too large to show all at once, you can right click individual filters to remove them and you can left click a filter to insert new filters there (the selected one is marked green)

you can also use the "import" button to show your searchbox query in the post filter editor nicely formatted to check if it's correct.

[video=youtube;kVm-LGOEJKc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVm-LGOEJKc[/video]

Last edited:
Is there somewhere a list of all available parameters which can be used for filters, or can you post one please? Can't seem to find such list.

Top Bottom