• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

AMA Kronos Staff

Are the fixes made on Kronos available to a broader audience? Like when a change is made on a core (Sunwell, Mangos, etc.) then all those using the core can benefit from it.

I bet it is not, because kronos core is deeply modified and is a hybrid of mangos, trinity and cheros own ideas. That means that most fixes will not be compatible with oficial release.

What is the situation with maintenance fixes? I mean, is anything ever reported as being a big fix or adjustment? I mean other than tracking individual bugs in the bug report section. Which would be ridiculously tedious.

For instance, all of a sudden (as of 3/18) the practice dummies in UC no longer grant skill ups. Fine. But was this mentioned anywhere?

If there is never a list of changes released, I'm not so sure of what the game will be next time I log in. It would be nice to know something has changed. Point me to this kid of info release if it exists, please.

Great question. The point of voting helps our developers see what problems are coming up a lot. While voting helps the developer see more clearly common/requested fixes, fixes do not get done based purely on votes alone. Some reported issues may take longer to fix than others, while other fixes may seem unimportant to you but are important as a whole. There is a priority system which voting does play a factor, but the best way to sum it up is to read the post in this thread by one of our lead developers Chero http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/101349-Speed-at-which-bugs-are-fixed-and-donations

Hope that helps answer your question/concern.

That's a good clarification. Thank you.

Based on that, then, I do think the term 'vote' is a misnomer. It's more of a 'seconding' or 'yes I see it too' kind of testimony by players. Perhaps renaming that may help alleviate the confusion. OTOH, perhaps the software does not allow that. Just a thought.

Are the fixes made on Kronos available to a broader audience? Like when a change is made on a core (Sunwell, Mangos, etc.) then all those using the core can benefit from it.

Not that I am aware of

- - - Updated - - -

What is the situation with maintenance fixes? I mean, is anything ever reported as being a big fix or adjustment? I mean other than tracking individual bugs in the bug report section. Which would be ridiculously tedious.

For instance, all of a sudden (as of 3/18) the practice dummies in UC no longer grant skill ups. Fine. But was this mentioned anywhere?

If there is never a list of changes released, I'm not so sure of what the game will be next time I log in. It would be nice to know something has changed. Point me to this kid of info release if it exists, please.

With every bug fix/patch we release, we release a changelog showing what was addressed with each update. This can be found on Twinhead along with the bug tracker. This changelog allows all users to keep up to date on what was addressed.

Thanks Davros! That's a pretty rich amount of information. Had you not responded, I'm not sure I'd ever have noticed the little link there associated with the bug report. Great stuff, and appreciated.

Re: did they close account creation or is it just down?

I'm not a nost player so don't flame me and bash me like I've been seeing. Just started looking for a vanilla server but I can't create an account atm was wondering whats going on.

Hi wow BROTHERS from all over the world ! I am a new member here in kronos, i am coming from the official wow (wod) patch. alongside playing official i was trying to find a good free server to play . cause i am old patch lover. I deside to stop playing official cause i dont want to spend my money there... and i came here :)
But here i just see that one other vanilla server closed and all players from there trying to connect here so the account creation is down. I just want to ask wene it will open .. and if kronos community will open a new server for us

They have suspend the account creations as a measurment to protect the server go down due to many people. At the moment they only announcement is set on FB. Theres also some big que on login due to the big pop.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are our population numbers now? I understand that you removed the overall numbers from /who to decrease number of queries and reduce the lag, but still, I would like to know, how many players Kronos handles now with such great latency.

Re: did they close account creation or is it just down?

I'm not a nost player so don't flame me and bash me like I've been seeing. Just started looking for a vanilla server but I can't create an account atm was wondering whats going on.

They have suspend the account creations as a measurment to protect the server go down due to many people. At the moment they only announcement is set on FB. Theres also some big que on login due to the big pop.
Should be working again.

What are our population numbers now? I understand that you removed the overall numbers from /who to decrease number of queries and reduce the lag, but still, I would like to know, how many players Kronos handles now with such great latency.

As i replying to you know, allaince has raeched 1540 new chars and horde had 1620 new chars. Captured with CencusPlus.

Few questions about Kronos

Well, hi guys, i'm new to this server and i want to get to know it better. So i have some questions that i want you to answer.

1. What's about server's population?
I know that because of the Nost shutdown there will be tons of new players, but what about old players who were here from the beggining or at least they are 60? What is average online on the server?
I just spent few hours in Stormwind and nearby areas, and i want to state that Stormwind is absolutely
empty.
How Alliance's capital can be empty and manless?

2.How many years Kronos is live?

3. After 10 April, there will be tons of new players, and are Kronos servers ready to handle them?

Thanks in advance

Re: Few questions about Kronos

1. peaked at 2.2k~ before the nost thing, ironforge is a much less empty city

2. twinstar's been up for 6+ years afaik, kronos for 1 year

3. there was a massive influx today which caused a little lag & they fixed it within an hour, hasn't been laggy since

welcome)

Can you get name changes on this server?

Title says it all. Is it possible through voting system or anything?

What's the rules on multiboxing

i don't know if you're able to multibox without getting banned

Re: What's the rules on multiboxing

You may multibox but only by tabbing out, and manually using the abilties. You may not use 3rd party software to copy keystrokes.

Last edited:
How about 2 PC with the keyboard muliplexed to them?
I have a USB hub that I made which sends the same keystrokes to 2 PCs. Is this allowed?

Range for getting kill credit in a group?

Hi everyone,

I have been on this server a couple of days and am very thankful to this community and the devs.

One question I had is: If I am in a group working on a "kill 10 X quest" and someone else kills a relevant mob, how big is the radius when I would get credit and xp? From my experience on Nost, the other player could be anywhere on my minimap and I would get credit. From my experience on Kronos the other player has to be much closer (like 20m?) for me to also get credit.

Is that just me being paranoid or can anyone confirm what the actual "credit radius" is?

Thanks!

How about 2 PC with the keyboard muliplexed to them?
I have a USB hub that I made which sends the same keystrokes to 2 PCs. Is this allowed?

keyclone not allowed. its not difficult to understand.

Where can I speak to GM about my possible hacked account?

Where can I speak to GM in private about my account being hacked? Thanks

'account has been closed and is no longer available' First time playing.

hello, I've never played kronos wow and today when my friends asks me to come play i recieve "'account has been closed and is no longer available...." after i created my account and tried to log in. I've read this message is due to IP-bann but I'm alone on this IP and there is not a possibility anyone else has used it unless this server was up years ago..

What am I suppose to do here?

Kind regards
Clowns

Buying a character

Hello, some of my friend are now playing Kronos server. Nost closed, so I would like to join them but i do not want to level one from 1 to 60. I know there's some account that are getting sold, but for now... i do not find anything. It's quite not clear to find indication regarding buying a character. Some post says that we need to donate, but how to donate? and after, where to buy, how much it cost... I need to find those answer. Is there a link or someone that can help me further ?
Thank you for your respons, awaiting a quick answer

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom