• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

AMA Kronos Staff

How to check # of players online / Is it possible to move to K2?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I have been away for a while and I came back, signed on, and realized there seem to be way less people on the first/original server.

I don't want to argue about what an ideal population is; suffice it to say my opinion is that 1k-5k is the ideal range but under 500 is literally unplayable to me.

So my questions are - since they have disabled to ability to get a "true" population value by doing /who in game, is there some other way that I can know what the population is like? And, if a player wants to, is there the option of moving an account from K1/original Kronos to the newer server?

Thanks for any help.

Re: How to check # of players online / Is it possible to move to K2?

Population is absolutely 1-5k, don't worry. Last time I checked K2 with the Census addon, it was 3-5k - there may be inaccuracies, but nothing unplayable anymore.

No, it's not possible to move from K1 to K2.

New player - 2 simple questions need answered please.....

Hello everyone, I am a new player coming from live WoW. I am not liking the new expansion direction Legion is taking, so here I am with a googly eyes over a Vanilla server. I am looking forward to playing the original game again and hoping I can have 2 simple questions answered.....

1. What is the server population of Kronos I and II?

2. How often are the servers taken down for maintenance, etc?

Re: New player - 2 simple questions need answered please.....

Welcome to the dark side of WoW!...or maybe its the light side now? Who knows...

Anyways here are the answers:

1. Kronos devs don't like to post population numbers and disable /who to prevent server stress and unwanted attention. Overall I hear that Kronos I is 1.5k - 2k and Kronos II is 3k-4k during peak times. Its hard to tell but numbers aren't important, more "Does the server FEEL populated?". For K2 (because I play on K2), it absolutely does.

2. Since the great DDoS attacks of early 2016, maintenance is very low. The biggest issues are server restarts (which can happen at random) and roll backs. Very rarely you will get disconnected and loses about 1-5 minutes worth of work when a rollback happens. Only had it happen twice to me since K2 launch.

Overall the sever is great and is the best way right now to experience Vanilla content. Devs and GMs work hard to make it a better place. Kronos Bug Tracker is a great resource to see how things "work" on a private server.

Hi Kronos staff, I have a question:
For melee damage there is a hit table which determines if an attack misses, hits, crits, is dodged, is parried, is blocked or is a glancing blow. If you would upgrade your gear and get an extra crit% from it you would in the end replace one hit% on the attack table for one crit% (assuming you aren't crit capped). So for example if you have 50% hit chance and 50% crit chance you would end up critting half your attacks (as opposed to only 25% if crit would be calculated after the hit, as half of your crits would be wasted).
I was wondering if it works the same way for spells such as shadowbolt or frostbolt. Are hit and crit on the same attack table making them independent of each other, or are crit calculated after hit? For example, if you have 90% hit chance and 10% crit chance, will you crit 10% of your spells or only 9%?

I'm wondering how this worked in retail, how this works on default mangos and how this works on kronos. Thanks a lot.

Hi,

I'd love to get to get an answer about this from a staff member. Bump and thanks in advance.

I know you are only wanting an answer form the staff, my 2 cents worth...

Due to the fact that all spells have a 1% chance to resist even with 100+ hit%, is the main reason spells are on a 2 roll system, as opposed to melee hits.

It has to run this check FIRST before any other calculations.

I know you are only wanting an answer form the staff, my 2 cents worth...

Due to the fact that all spells have a 1% chance to resist even with 100+ hit%, is the main reason spells are on a 2 roll system, as opposed to melee hits.

It has to run this check FIRST before any other calculations.

1) Doesn't melees also always have a 1% risk of missing? Is that really caster exclusive?

2) I don't see how this is connected to my question as there could still be a 1% guaranteed miss chance regardless of if hit and crit is on the same or different roll tables.

Cash shop mounts?

Hey their,I can see from the online cash shop thag their is an option to buy mounts,tabards and pets right?For the mounts their are level 40 and 60.I assume that the level 40 gives 60%move speed inc. and the level 60 gives 100%move speed inc?If so then isnt it worth buying the level 60 mount from the cash shop rather than spending 1k gold in game to get it?I feel that buying the mount online is wayyy cheaper....

Anybody can help me with this if it is true or not?Ty!

Re: Cash shop mounts?

You still have to buy the riding skill which is way more expensive than the mount. For level 40 without any discount the riding skill is 90 gold and the mount is 10 gold for example. Same goes with the epic mount. It costs only 100 gold. The riding skill is 900 though.

Re: Cash shop mounts?

You still have to buy the riding skill which is way more expensive than the mount. For level 40 without any discount the riding skill is 90 gold and the mount is 10 gold for example. Same goes with the epic mount. It costs only 100 gold. The riding skill is 900 though.

Oh I see now.Thanks for the clarification:)
I always played lock so didnt know too much about this only that it costed 900g^ :p

Hi Kronos staff, I have a question:
For melee damage there is a hit table which determines if an attack misses, hits, crits, is dodged, is parried, is blocked or is a glancing blow. If you would upgrade your gear and get an extra crit% from it you would in the end replace one hit% on the attack table for one crit% (assuming you aren't crit capped). So for example if you have 50% hit chance and 50% crit chance you would end up critting half your attacks (as opposed to only 25% if crit would be calculated after the hit, as half of your crits would be wasted).
I was wondering if it works the same way for spells such as shadowbolt or frostbolt. Are hit and crit on the same attack table making them independent of each other, or are crit calculated after hit? For example, if you have 90% hit chance and 10% crit chance, will you crit 10% of your spells or only 9%?

I'm wondering how this worked in retail, how this works on default mangos and how this works on kronos. Thanks a lot.

Hi,

I'd very much like to get a response from one of the coders for the Kronos vanilla servers. If that's not possible please tell me. Thanks in advance.

Account and phone pairing

So, i've been trying to pair my phone with my account on the twinstar website, but i cannot get it to work. Anyone who successfully done this??

I have no clue what the numbers or format they're asking me to write in means..
This:

Please insert your telephone number in format +420 XXX XXX XXX or +421 XXX XXX XXX.

Just makes no sense to me, +420? +421?

I mean, why can't i simply type my regular number in ZZzzz.. This is some weird stuff.
Would appreciate if anyone know how to do it.

PS. I'm from sweden so obviously a swedish number.

Re: Account and phone pairing

Hello, at the moment, if you don't have a Czech/Slovak phone number, pairing is not possible.

Loot tables for dungeons

Is there anywhere where I can view what drops in a dungeon? I just can't seem to find one for the version Kronos is running.

Re: Chat window

ESC > Interface Options > Advanced Options > Simple Chat > Okay

or

Go to your WoW character folder (ex. "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\ACCOUNTNAME\Kronos\CharName") and delete "layout-cache.txt" and "chat-cache.txt". Remember to close your WoW client before doing this.

Last edited:
Somebody explain to me how to navigate to the charactrer auction section

I want to trade characters but have no idea where the character auction section is on the twinstar website

Top Bottom