• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

DPSMate - A combat analyzation tool

The philisophie of the WoW-Addon-Community

• I think a license system is fair and justified considering the work

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Addons have to be free, I will never donate or pay sth, just give it to me

Votes: 17 13.9%
  • Addons have to be free and I would consider donating for a good project, that I like

Votes: 83 68.0%
  • Addons have to be free but I'd show my support by sth else than donating

Votes: 15 12.3%
  • Can't decide but I'd like to contribute towards the goal

Votes: 2 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Alright Im going to take a look at it, thanks for telling me :)

Edit: Can u send me the version you have trouble with?

Last edited:
It appears that there might be a compatibility issue with Luna Unit Frames. DPSMate still works but it was kind of buggy, after disabling addons and trying them one at a time I get:

DPSMate_DataBuilder.lua:1823: bad argument #2 to strfind (string expected, got nil)

The addon was less buggy on my character that uses XPerl. I also was having some bug issues that were related to buffs/debuffs fading but I wasn't able to grab screenshots. I got one error related to a rogue in my group's Backstab ability that said to screenshot and send to you as well :)

Attachments

• WoWScrnShot_071016_235826.jpg
    WoWScrnShot_071016_235826.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 13
I modified Snelf's version: http://www.mediafire.com/download/dp0mfla2xwg7b98/EavesDrop.rar

Thinking about it the errors started to occur after I started modifying it. It probably worked fine until I messed something up xD

Thank you, I will load this and fix the bug :p

It appears that there might be a compatibility issue with Luna Unit Frames. DPSMate still works but it was kind of buggy, after disabling addons and trying them one at a time I get:

DPSMate_DataBuilder.lua:1823: bad argument #2 to strfind (string expected, got nil)

The addon was less buggy on my character that uses XPerl. I also was having some bug issues that were related to buffs/debuffs fading but I wasn't able to grab screenshots. I got one error related to a rogue in my group's Backstab ability that said to screenshot and send to you as well :)

It is not related to these unit frame addons. (Atleast I think so) This is just a rare combat log event that I cant really figure out. Thank you very much. This will hopefully help me solve this problem!

cheers!

I see. It was happening each time I logged in with Luna enabled, right after the loading screen.

I used DPSMate in a 40-man raid last night. I'm really excited about switching to these meters, but there were some issues. Perhaps I was just buggy because of some addon conflict, but here were the issues I remember having:
  • Occasional lag spikes (unpredictable, 0.5second to 2second duration of client completely frozen)
  • Several times the DPSMate_Databuilder error was thrown
  • On rare occasions an error was thrown with relation to BabbleSpell (didn't even know I had this)
  • The font size of windows that open from right-click is larger than normal (like if you were to change loot to master looter)
  • I haven't tested to see how it works, but I wasn't getting any synchronization and I think at least one other person in the raid was using DPSMate
  • With respect to synchronization, I had to stop synchronizing to reset meters. This would make sense if it had to query other users, but I wasn't receiving any synched data.
  • I was unable to create a new segment for data. This is the biggest highlight of DPSMate for me, to be able to see individuals' performance on an encounter-by-encounter basis. Maybe I'm just not doing it right, I'm not sure.

Thanks Geiger! I'm not trying to tear your wonderful addon apart, hopefully this info will help you with the next release.

Hey,

Occasional lag spikes (unpredictable, 0.5second to 2second duration of client completely frozen)

Have you increased the addon memory to atleast 150 mb? You are using luna as well, a bit more memory is pretty good^^

Several times the DPSMate_Databuilder error was thrown

Will try it with luna then or was it another error?

On rare occasions an error was thrown with relation to BabbleSpell

Its the library that I use to localize spells to enable cross client syncing. Report them please so I can add them to the list.

The font size of windows that open from right-click is larger than normal

Thanks for the report :)

I haven't tested to see how it works, but I wasn't getting any synchronization and I think at least one other person in the raid was using DPSMate
It is disabled on Kronos, complain at Jeni and Chero. But I think it is not required if 2 or more people upload to Legacy Logs, there it will be synchronized then.

With respect to synchronization, I had to stop synchronizing to reset meters. This would make sense if it had to query other users, but I wasn't receiving any synched data.
Its an security check, so you dont mess with logs that are uploaded to legacy logs later. As raidleader a sync vote can be initialized. If you dont want to be in the raid grp, disable sync.

I was unable to create a new segment for data. This is the biggest highlight of DPSMate for me, to be able to see individuals' performance on an encounter-by-encounter basis. Maybe I'm just not doing it right, I'm not sure.
I will look into it, if its a bug. However the way to do it, is to switch your segments at the mode button of the frame. You can also create a second frame for the current fight for example. This will reset for every fight while the total log can stay.
928726cc14b4b8d1cfb9471b7b0a26c1.png

fd1239f0d146b02fdeece5baa1e5c069.png

cheers!

Build 30:
- Fixed absorbs
- Fixed dispelling
- Added a ton of procs
- Adjusted proc chances to their conditions
- Added stacked graph for auras gained
- Added friendly fire taken
- Fixed Luna and Eaves Drop addon issues
- Increased player report rows to 10
- Added Potions as procs and auras
- Ajusted attempt tracking system
- Added Cast component, meaning for example 1 cast of Arcane explosion but maybe 10 hits.
- Fixed some issues of the german parser
- Added a lot of abilities for the translation library
- A lot of minor bugfixes
- Some visual fixes

cheers!

Edit: Remove your DPSMate.lua in your savedVariables!

Last edited:

Thanks for your replies, I'll boost the mem a bit more (I was running 128 because powers of 2 and all) and try to screen cap any more errors i notice. Great addon, seriously! I don't actually upload data to legacy logs (our group has used SWStats and RealmPlayers, DPSMate is more of a personal use addon for me). It'd be nice if you had the capability of synching data throughout a raid group without using legacy logs for those of us who aren't uploading ;)

I'll play with segmenting more, I think I understand the correct way to do it... it looks like creating a new segment while viewing "Total" instead of "Current fight" would have no effect.

Well, the problem is, that you will get dced after certain amount of addon messages have been send. As you can imagine DPSMate is quit sync heavy, therefore it is disabled on Kronos until this mechinc is removed.

cheers!

Build 30 works great Shino! You are a madman for how often you update :lol: One of the best addons ever :D

New build fixed pretty much all of the issues I was having. In BWL I got spammed with several of the "bug report" messages while tanking Death Talon Wyrmguards. I wasn't able to get combat log screenshots but all of the errors were similar to "Dump: 1 :Mak,Shoot,0,0,0,0,1980,1,0,Death Talon Wyrmguard,Urgen,0"

Just a thought for future features - it would be nice if DPSMate could automatically create segments for boss encounters (it does) and maintain a single segment for trash encounters (all encounters in the same instance that are not bosses). I was wanting to save data to keep track of players' performance on trash but quickly realized that segments were being created for each encounter rather than on my request or only on bosses.

Yep, this one has a few hotfixes, that are not worth making a post for. But if you are uploading to Legacy Logs with the launcher, DPSMate will be updated automatically.

Im currently trying to work out how the error is produced. I am really greatful for every combatlog screen. If possible with all combat log events enabled and if possible the part that the dump message states.

It seems to happen for abilities of friendly people and it is considered a pvp action, so ya.

cheers!

Edit: @Gen

You can select "Only track bossfights" in the options. It will only create segments for bosses then and you will have a single current fight segments for everything, that will reset for each fight. But I might think about such smart tracking options.

Edit2: If you see translation errors, just post a screen of the error here in the thread so I can slowly fill the DB with all relevent spells.

Edit3:

Build 30 works great Shino! You are a madman for how often you update
lol.gif
One of the best addons ever :D

Thank you soo much :)

Last edited:
Build 36:
- A few bugfixes
- A few (about 3000) translations
- Shaman totem dispel tracking
- Buffs are checked after an reset now
- Threat mode implemented and tracking improved. It will now only track the Threat of people using DPSMate and KTM being in sync mode (also works on Kronos)

2ca66a7d8dfb2576b6cbaa02c9cf3527.jpg

cheers!

will get myself updated tonight =) thanks again shino!

running legacy-logs for the first time tomorrow with <Risen>, I'm stoked

I ran this addon for about a week. Had a BWL where it was completely unresponsive, recording/displaying no data. Started right from the first Razorgore pull. No amount of resetting/clearing/syncing/unsyncing would fix it, it was dead to the world. I switched back to SWStats after the next boss.

Later in the week I tried it out in MC, as you can see it's reporting some nonsensical results (alt hunter as #2 overall damage). The correct results are reported to me in the chat box by another player who was running SWstats.
http://i.imgur.com/RP376Ud.jpg

My third complaint is with the proc/graph screen. What exactly does selecting a proc in the drop down on the left do? It doesn't seem to reveal any additional information. The pie chart has no tooltips, and procs with a small portion of it are impossible to hover over due to its size. The damage breakdown section doesn't list extra attacks as a separate proc, so I can't see how much damage Hand of Justice or Fury of Forgewright are doing. They are listed as normal white hits, probably due to the way it parses the combat log. At least SW_Stats interprets the next white hit after a "You gain x extra attack(s)..." and attributes that to the proc in the damage breakdown, even if it is a little buggy and sometimes doesn't correctly attribute it. This is the most important part of the addon for me, aside from general accuracy.

I do like the way that legacylogs shows the damage breakdowns for each ability... I'll wait to see if we get another buggy parse like the picture I linked above, and see how it shows up on legacylogs.

Last edited:
Hmm, thats odd. This did not happen to anyone yet. I need a few more information. For example how much dmg did Duder do in SW_Stats, did you reset at the same time, what is the dmg from his pet. If you click on the statusbar of the hunter, does the hunter's evalution show up or the mages?

Are u using SW_StatsFixStrings by any chance?

The procs do show u beneficial or unbenificial auras on you during the fight. If you select them and can't see them on overall then you did not have them for a long enough time to be displayed. Else you will get an nice overview how your spikes came together.

The pie chart does have a tooltip. It is located in the top part of each slice. Unfortunately it is very difficult to modifiy this graph lib to show tooltips properly, but thats something to work on.

Also I take that you want those extra attacks shown as another feature.

cheers!

Edit:
c6802e63a0967744947d85b5cf9114da.png

Is that the way you want it to have? ;)

cheers!

Edit:
Okay, I found out why you couldnt see some procs. I messed up a path that I put in when I tested it 10 months ago.

Last edited:
Build 40:
- A lot of bugfixes and hotfixes for some lua errors
- Performance improvements
- Added decimal for evaluation
- Improved tooltips position on graphs
- Fixed an issue with aura and proc collection
- Added feature to see how much dmg extra attack abilities use
- Fixed an issue that prevented procs from being visible for you guys (Sorry about that :p)
- Improved realtime graph
- Improved stacked graph
- Changed the average calculation formular
- Decreased size by condensing graph textures by 7mb

cheers!

Top Bottom