• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

DPSMate - A combat analyzation tool

The philisophie of the WoW-Addon-Community

• I think a license system is fair and justified considering the work

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Addons have to be free, I will never donate or pay sth, just give it to me

Votes: 17 13.9%
  • Addons have to be free and I would consider donating for a good project, that I like

Votes: 83 68.0%
  • Addons have to be free but I'd show my support by sth else than donating

Votes: 15 12.3%
  • Can't decide but I'd like to contribute towards the goal

Votes: 2 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Do you include pet damage? I tried it in an instance and at damage/spell I see no imp firebolt damage.

4bd1de92f0913889a092c713a6e500a3.png

Once DPSMate realizes your pet, it will be merged with you. Else it wont be shown.

I fixed an issue though that would replace the name of your pet with Unknown.

I don't get it,

I want to use this addon properly and I know it is good.

I followed all the instructions and went to my folder and deleted the SavedVariables for DPSMate, but for whatever reason NOTHING seems to work! DPSMate does not even show players in the screen! This is frustrating! :mad2:

I just tested it the other day, it works great except on random fights in MC. I get these freezes and disconnects about 10-15 seconds in, it only happens when I have the addon enabled. It only happened for me and no other in the raid, it also wasn't cause of the server going down.

Other than that, great addon overall!

I don't get it,

I want to use this addon properly and I know it is good.

I followed all the instructions and went to my folder and deleted the SavedVariables for DPSMate, but for whatever reason NOTHING seems to work! DPSMate does not even show players in the screen! This is frustrating! :mad2:

Are you sure that you have enabled DPSMate then? Beside the sync button there is a small checkbox. Make sure it is checked. Other than that, check the filters. Can you atleast see yourself?

I just tested it the other day, it works great except on random fights in MC. I get these freezes and disconnects about 10-15 seconds in, it only happens when I have the addon enabled. It only happened for me and no other in the raid, it also wasn't cause of the server going down.

Other than that, great addon overall!

Try to download one of the younger versions and increase your adddon memory to 150 mb. I guess you are being kicked from the server because of the heavy syncing. That is a server mechanic of Kronos which is really unfortunate for DPSMate. I tried to increase the intervall of each package send and it worked fine for me some raids. But it still needs adjustments since I can't figure out how the algorythm of the server works.

cheers!

Last edited:
I tried to reduce the intervall of each package send and it worked fine for me some raids. But it still needs adjustments since I can't figure out how the algorythm of the server works.

It may depends on players ping, at least thats the problem i got with my Healing Assignment addon. atm you have a static delay between messages of
Code:
if self.LU > 2.6 then
, you could make an option to increase/decrease the delay :)

GetNetStats() doesnt show the real ping

i was able measure lag(on nost) by sending a chat message, this should also work for addon-chatmessages(invisible)...

sending a addon-message | start timer -> wait for CHAT_MSG_ADDON event -> stop timer = your own ping
edit: high framerate req. ofc

edit: rhena made an addon to measure real lag, but i didnt look the code:
https://github.com/Aviana/RealLag

Last edited:
I got it working Shino! Thank you!

Dear Shino,

Thank you so much for such contribution! This addon comes to be amazing! I love how you can check statistics of your damage and other damage output with SUCH EASE & CLARITY! You are great! My sincere thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you sure that you have enabled DPSMate then? Beside the sync button there is a small checkbox. Make sure it is checked. Other than that, check the filters. Can you atleast see yourself?

Try to download one of the younger versions and increase your adddon memory to 150 mb. I guess you are being kicked from the server because of the heavy syncing. That is a server mechanic of Kronos which is really unfortunate for DPSMate. I tried to increase the intervall of each package send and it worked fine for me some raids. But it still needs adjustments since I can't figure out how the algorythm of the server works.

cheers!

Okay I'm gonna try an earlier version. I'm rocking 500mb so I think thats not the issue, I've only noticed it happens during the severe lagspikes, hopefully it will not be the case when the new hardware comes.

Great addon, by far the best DPS meter for 1.12 I've tried. I have one issue though, I seem to be getting disconnected quite frequently after hitting level 47 with DPSMate enabled while in a group, and it only seems to happen on my higher level character, I'll try going into as much detail as possible. I have the latest version of the addon, uploaded 2016-06-01.

Whenever I'm grouped on my now level 50 hunter, I will get disconnects with various time periods in between them, the frequency seem to be determined by group size or level, with a full group doing a dungeon it happens every 3-10 minutes or so, the disconnects never happen outside of a group.

I wanted to boost an alt of mine through some lower level dungeons, and went into Wailing Caverns with an alt at level 10 on another account, both accounts had DPSMate enabled at first, also with Syncing enabled. This was before I discovered which addon caused the DC's, and I figured while playing in a group by myself would be a good time to start disabling addons until the disconnects stopped, the level 10 had no disconnects at all (disabling 0 addons) while the level 50 had a few DCs until I disabled DPSMate, it was less then when in a full group of roughly equally leveled characters, but still every 15-20 minutes.

Also, the disconnects seem to take longer to happen if I'm not around combat in general (regardless if i engage in combat, someone around me outside of group is enough to trigger it if I'm also grouped with others on the other continent or similar), running around randomly in cities rarely gets me DC'd, but it still happens every now and then if its enabled.

Last edited:
Yes. I know this issue and I am trying to tackle it but so far I have not been successfull. The problem is the sync mode and a serverside security option that kicks every player that sends 1000 packets of the same type. That includes sync packets. Normally it does reset after a certain time but the lag and other stuff causes issues. I have increased the delay more and decreased the packets send. I hope that will help.

Unfortunately its the server not allowing it to work correctly but Im working hard on it. For now it should be better to disable sync mode on Kronos if you encounter the issue with the new version again.

cheers!

Code:
[B]Build 15:[/B]
Kronos disconnects should be hopefully be fixed now.
It wont be synced in combat anymore
Amount of statusbars increased to 40
Show/Hide function when left clicking minimap button
Added background opacity for the titlebar
Fixed dodge/parry/miss for damage taken
some minor bugfixes

cheers!

Hey :) nice add

But ! ( Yeah always a BUT ! )

When i clic on "reset" with the minimap button, it doesn't work.

i have to enable the title bar ( have hide her ) and reset with the reset button on the tittle's bar for reset the data.

There is no cmd to reset too no ?
like /dps reset

Please for the Love of GOD!!!

Make an option where it ONLLY records your Group..

Please!?

Good job on thee addon. Loveit.

Just need that option and

Shino,

Not sure if you posted this answer to a question like this already, but I disable and enable different addons for PvE and for PvP. Everytime I log back in when I enable DPSMate, it seems to prop in the middle of the screen and hence, no settings are saved or so. Is there an option to save this under my character's name or something of somesort?

Hmm, I dont save the position. That is being done automatically, which is reset when you enable and disable the addon. I'd suggest to just activate the hide in bg and disable while hidden.

cheers!

Code:
[B]Build 16:[/B]
Added a lot of icons 
Added mode "Procs"
Fixed a few parsing issues
Fixed Checkbutton bug. The bg color of the titlebar can be changed again
Fixed tons of bugs with the scrollframes in the evaluation frames
Added Icons and classcolors in the evaluation frames.
Misc bugfixes and improvements

cheers!

Top Bottom