• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

DPSMate - A combat analyzation tool

The philisophie of the WoW-Addon-Community

• I think a license system is fair and justified considering the work

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Addons have to be free, I will never donate or pay sth, just give it to me

Votes: 17 13.9%
  • Addons have to be free and I would consider donating for a good project, that I like

Votes: 83 68.0%
  • Addons have to be free but I'd show my support by sth else than donating

Votes: 15 12.3%
  • Can't decide but I'd like to contribute towards the goal

Votes: 2 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Alright, Im going to test it there. I guess rebirths server has different events for this.

Edit:
OKay apparently are the events for those misses wrong on the rebirth. It is reporting
CHAT_MSG_SPELL_DAMAGESHIELDS_ON_OTHERS and CHAT_MSG_SPELL_DAMAGESHIELDS_ON_SELF for those, which is wrong.
I have added those events to the evaluation now to support rebirth. If you notice more of those weird occourences, please report it.

cheers!

Wonderful Addon, I only have one complaint. It saves so much data though. I turned my storage up a lot, but still filled up so fast I was crashing too much.

That is why you have to increase the addon memory in the addons tab. I wrote that at the installing instructions^^

Last edited:
Damn, i wasn't expected all those fast answers. You re workmanlike, i will advertise on rebirth for ur work.

Code:
Hotfix for bg opacity on login
Fixed wrong average evaluation for dmg, dmgtaken, edt and edd
Fixed sync error for dispels
Correcting parsing event for dispels. Dispels should be shown correctly now. (Decursive)
Added support for the weird combat events on Rebirth (Tell me if you see more of those)
Some fixes for the absorbs modules
The combat time is now more accurate

cheers!

Last edited:
Code:
Fixed some minor bugs and lua errors
Fixed an spelling error, that was bugging the dispelling on Kronos
Fixed dispelling for Nefarian, maybe other servers as well. (They have a different system there)
Added some spells to the dispel filter.
Working on a way to implement poison/disease cleansing totems.
Did some good progress on Legacy logs.

cheers!

Hey,
In the past 3 weeks I have been working like a mad man in order to get this project to a showable state. It still needs a lot of testing and improvements until it is ready to be released but I'd like to provide you with a demo where you can look at a test log that I have uploaded.

Feedback appreatiated very much :)

Legacy Logs

cheers!

Re: [Release] DPSMate - A combat analyzation tool

Using swstats, recap and dpsmate, simultaneously... Swstats and recap shows pretty much equal dps and damage numbers. Dpsmate shows significant lower values... This is only from one mc raid on my rogue. So which ones are correct?

Recently I have made a change to the combat time.
In the end if the damage values are the same it must depend on the combat time. In a recent version the combat time was wrongly continuing in certain cases. So DPSMate is slightly behind, if you use this version.
Adding to that the combat time of DPSMate depends on the events of the whole raid. So even if you are not in combat but someone else in your group, the time will continue.

Later in the evaluation at Legacy logs, the values will be the same.

Code:
Improved combat time tracking
For Total Dmg and DmgTaken evaluation the total bar represents now an effective average bar, meaning total divided by all effective dps.
EDD and EDT evaluation list system fixed
All modules performance improved
Fixed some minor bugs
First attempt of Hot dispelling Abolish Disease and Abolish Poison (Report client disconnects on Kronos, if they happen)
Fixed dispelling for Nefarian
Changed the default settings
Fixed debuff uptime

Please remove the DPSMate.lua in your savedVariables folder of your character this time, to not encounter any errors upon login

cheers!

Edit: Important hotifx for syncing

Last edited:
The "Procs" thing dont seem to work for me. When i deal damage with Lifesteal procs it does not display in the tab.

I have to add those to a list, I will add lifesteal. cheers! Edit: Is "Lifesteal" the correct name of the effect? Added it to the list

Last edited:
Thanks so much for making this free.
Making it free and providing a way to donate to the author is the way to go!

Donated to you via your link today.
Cheers.

Thanks so much for making this free.
Making it free and providing a way to donate to the author is the way to go!

Donated to you via your link today.
Cheers.

Thank you very much! I appreatiate it a lot.
Making this addon free is after all the best choice. Trying this system that I did originally was wrong and just poison to the wow addon community. However, now I want to make my mistakes undone, by trying to create the best combat analyzation addon in vanilla.

I really love to see that so many people like my addon!

cheers!

Edit: Uploaded a fix. Now Hot dispels like Abolish Poison and Disease can be tracked. Also fixed some errors that I caused by improving the performance this morning.

Oh ya and I did some good progress on Legacy Logs. Im really looking forward to get this project to a releaseable state. :)

Last edited:
edit: the proc is called "Life Steal"
http://i.imgur.com/6cHMpbU.jpg

found an issue with interrupts
http://i.imgur.com/b9aRi4e.jpg

also wtb somewhere i can see what version im using :) so that guilds can sync up their versions a little easier

the addon is damn impressive hope u dont mind me pointing the issues i come across

Not at all. The addon is so huge, every time I add a new feature, this the the dmgprocs like Thunderfury or Life Steal I forget to add such lists to important places, this time the dmg evaluation^^ This needs to be reported, so its very much appreatiated.

I fixed the procs now. Im going to take a look at the interrupts now.

Edit:
Code:
Kicks and stuns as kicks are now being displayed correctly
Added welcome message with build, you can also check the version of your group as group leader or raid assist if you click on the button HelloWorld in the raidleader options.
Dmg procs are now being displayed in the dmg evaluation
Added filteroption: group only

cheers!

Last edited:
You could save the addon version into the SavedVariables and check that each start, if the current version is higher then the version from saved variables -> nil/recreate the saved variables

this would make the addon much easiert to update :)

You could save the addon version into the SavedVariables and check that each start, if the current version is higher then the version from saved variables -> nil/recreate the saved variables

this would make the addon much easiert to update :)

Problem is, im not changing the settings in each version and to screw the personal settings of each player with each update is not appreatiated I guess^^

Nah, I will point it out for important changes. For bools it does not matter if the variable is nil, but sometimes, when I add something beside that, I will point it out here then.

But thanks for this suggestion :)

cheers!

Code:
Some bugfixes
Some support for Legacy Logs
Moved the settings to account wide saved variables

[COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=4][B]Please remove the DPSMate.lua in your Character SavedVariables or copy the DPSMateSettings Array first and put it into the account savedvariables DPSMate.lua.[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]

cheers!

Code:
Corrected some spelling misstakes
Changed the attempt tracking system for legacy logs

In order to test Legacy Logs properly now, Im going to need some logs from different raids. With logs I mean the savedVariable DPSMate.lua file with the actual version of DPSMate. If that works fine Legacy Logs may be able to go into alpha at the begin of June!

cheers!

Shino!

I love this addon, but am having a problem. I first installed the addon, and it was working fine. For some reason I saw the hot fixes and decided to re-install the addon. Before I did, I took your advice and deleted the .lua saved variables for DPSMate.

When I re-installed the addon, I don't see player's names on DPSMate and sometimes it shows all warriors.

NOTE: When I deleted my .lua SavedVariables...for some reason it made me reset all my addons and I had to re-config my entire UI. I really don't want to do that again.

Please halp!

I hope you just deleted the DPSMate.lua in your savedVariables, else that is the reason for your ui to be reset. Im going to take a look what happened.

cheers!

Edit:
I can't reproduce what you said. It is showing me everyone. But I saw that I forgot to disable the debug messages, so did that now.

People are shown as warrior by default if dpsmate doesnt know their class. DPSMate knows their class once they join your group or you target them. Else they are warrior.

Edit2:
Also, when you deleted your Lua you deleted the information that dpsmate learned so far about the players on the server.

To prevent any difficulties again I recommend to make a save of your WTF folder. However I changed the system now up in order to prevent people from having to do this again.

Last edited:
NOTE: When I deleted my .lua SavedVariables...for some reason it made me reset all my addons and I had to re-config my entire UI. I really don't want to do that again.

Ye, don't ever do that :lol:

The file(s) you want to delete is in the following folder:
...\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\USERNAME\Kronos\CHARACTERNAME\SavedVariables

DPSmate.lua
DPSmate.lua.bak

If you want to save your settings for DPSmate, open the files (using notepad) and copy everything from
DPSMateSettings = {
down to
right before
DPSMateUser = {
then paste it into the new DPSmate.lua and DPSmate.lua.bak in:
...\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\USERNAME\SavedVariables

Hope this helps :smile:

Last edited:
If you encountered client disconnects while in sync mode, that is being caused by Kronos anti cheat system. I have increased the packet send intervall now, so hoopefully it wont happen now.

I noticed it happening in 40-man raids so that's good to know!

I'm having so much fun with the addon... I think it may be even more fun than actually playing :laugh:

After some more testing today in the raid I think I have now the right timing. It es very close though now to get everything synced in time. This anticheat sucks really.

Also fixed a sync issue. I guess I have to think about improvements here :/

Top Bottom