• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Give an ETA + Open Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fihuvwix

I have been waiting for this server and not playing on ED for a solid 4-5 months because I thought it was going to be ready by the date you suggested previously. 83% over a month later isn't exactly what I was expecting. I'm stoked for the server but if it's going to take until 2016 let us know so I don't check back here every day for essentially no reason. Please estimate how long it's going to take for you guys at Kronos to get the server up and running and let all of your followers know ASAP. (I read the post as to why you don't want to give an ETA) but without one I fear you're losing a solid number of potential Kronos players to other servers.

Thank you!

Re: Give an ETA

but without one I fear you're losing a solid number of potential Kronos players to other servers.
I fear too, but no one knows for sure. Feenix->Kronos choice is so obvious, I believe that most of those who're ready to perform this easy step won't change their mind.

They said they want to give a final date, not just an estimate... Well, IMHO an estimate is important too. I'd be glad if we'll have an official "coming early spring" first and "coming xx.xx" some time after that. Walking in the dark is indeed bad for the players and for the hype. And I'm tired of "coming 2016???" prognosis everywhere :)

Im not sure...but think will see release date on 15.2.2015.... :whistling:

I agree, keeping us in the dark for a year of constant forum checking will eventually wear us down. I might have joined the forum late but ive been checking the boards for about half a year. we do want to play on this server (even if it comes later on).I believe "no eta" is having a worse effect on the players who come here on a daily basis (hourly in some cases) which can be prevented by letting them know its not going to be soon so they can keep track in bigger gaps visits.
I do know that the "no eta" is to keep other players not disappointed or give up. I believe the players who asks for the ETA (even the long one) are those who will play and just want to make better use of their time untill it opens :). so how about a rough ETA one that is saying server will or not be ready in the next 2-3/4-5 months or a year if that is the case.
(sorry for my english)

I totally agree with this. And I think it's worth saying that Blizzard is famous for putting out release dates, failing to get the game open by the release date and pushing it back to another release date and doing this multiple times before a release, they knew how important it was for the potential players to have a date in their heads even if it isn't necessarily reliable.

Also, about 3 weeks before the date they would tell everyone that they won't be able to release the game until later so that the community isn't totally shocked when it doesn't happen.

Whilst I would like to at least know the month they estimate the release date, this thread will accomplish literally nothing.

well the majority that wont stay without an ETA are players who would have left soon after either-way and those who would have stayed longer will come back once a month or so looking for an ETA since let's be honest there is no actually good vanilla server out there that can deliver the quality that kronos has.

the quality will only improve so the longer it takes to release the more stable and fixed it will be.

take me for example, people think i lost my interrest since i nolonger test or make addons although fact is i am participating in 3 courses while at the same time taking care of work which kinda kills a lot of my free time until i am done with those 3 courses where 1 of them is chinese which is no easy feat to learn :wacko: but i will be playing when kronos goes online :wink:

Last edited:

But the players who REALLY want to play on Kronos need to be concerned. Feenix is growing fast. It had 700player at peak times 3 months ago. Now its close to 1400. So these players might take population over quality and we need them in order to have strong releasepopulation. Even if they quit after 3-6 months after release they would help tremendously by helping to establish a good server.
Feenix > all currently because it has a shitton of players.

I do not agree, the people who will leave without an ETA wont eventually leave if there was an eta or if server realsed.
more so if those people were to "eventually leave" that would still mean they played some time, making the community grow larger and attracting new players where as if they left without playing, the community will shrink and have a hard time appealing to new players.
I do not think stability is not important but it can not survive only on that, the players matters, even those who come and go which make the world feel more a live, a healthy playerbase is a must.
(try taking engineering courses :wacko: ) ofc i will play as well :biggrin:

I do not agree, the people who will leave without an ETA wont eventually leave if there was an eta or if server realsed.
more so if those people were to "eventually leave" that would still mean they played some time, making the community grow larger and attracting new players where as if they left without playing, the community will shrink and have a hard time appealing to new players.
I do not think stability is not important but it can not survive only on that, the players matters, even those who come and go which make the world feel more a live, a healthy playerbase is a must.
(try taking engineering courses :wacko: ) ofc i will play as well :biggrin:

QFT

If Nostalrius launches first, I'm going there. Im not going to level a warrior to 30 and then do it again because Chero wants to take his sweet time. Servers gonna be great. Would be great if it launched now. Starting to seem very disrespectful that they keep us so far in the dark.

When this game launched in 2004, it was a work in progress, not a work of perfection.

My guess 6/1/2015

Last edited:

If Nostalrius launches first, I'm going there. Im not going to level a warrior to 30 and then do it again because Chero wants to take his sweet time. Servers gonna be great. Would be great if it launched now. Starting to seem very disrespectful that they keep us so far in the dark.

When this game launched in 2004, it was a work in progress, not a work of perfection.

My guess 6/1/2015

On that note I just saw this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JozAj-wrBWw&list=PLPgrywi0V6Q0h5HFZyHzia4W7nHkbrEp8

And at 2:42 it says "In a few days (feb 11th) it will be the 10th anniversary of WoW's European release...and we have a gift for you :) Are you ready?"

Does that sound to anyone else like it's doing an under the radar launch in just 3 days?

The server "Nostalrius" that you are so interrested in is quite far behind, i would say they are closer to ED quality than Kronos at the current moment and the bugs that they are flexing/showing off are basics that have long been fixed on Kronos.

The only bug i so far saw that hey wanted to show off with is the door walkthrough which will be fixed here someday too but so far ive seen nostalrius is still far behind kronos and if they release now ppl will use the bug exploits like they did on ED

The server "Nostalrius" that you are so interrested in is quite far behind, i would say they are closer to ED quality than Kronos at the current moment and the bugs that they are flexing/showing off are basics that have long been fixed on Kronos.

The only bug i so far saw that hey wanted to show off with is the door walkthrough which will be fixed here someday too but so far ive seen nostalrius is still far behind kronos and if they release now ppl will use the bug exploits like they did on ED

It's funny how everyone is talking about "Kronos quality" when the vast majority of people don't even know anything about the CURRENT state of Kronos. When they show us something worth showing, and by they I mean Kronos, then you can make those kind of comparisons.

It lets us share our concerns, the admins are always reading.
Pretty concise.
We take your opinion seriously. This does not necessarily mean that we can give in to it. Just stay patient. I know how hard it is :sad:

Pretty concise.
We take your opinion seriously. This does not necessarily mean that we can give in to it. Just stay patient. I know how hard it is :sad:
Yeah it is SO hard. I agree with most of the players - you should take your time.
BUT can't you even give us a hint like "we are going to release in the first/in the second half of this year" SOMETHING LIKE THIS :D

Pretty concise.

Some of us will wait even if it takes a couple more months but thats hardly the problem. If they do launch early, they might(will!) steal some players which will not re roll to Kronos upon launch, ED will keep growing and the chances for this server to attract new players will drop as the pool runs dry. It will be the most complete and refined server and no one will enjoy it.. the core which stay will play for a while, some will drop if the server wont grow.
There is a Huge risk at this perfection striving, as a person who is hooked on this forum while taking his exams (all i do this days...) I will be devstated to see this amazing most magnificent server i had ever hoped to show falls due to some badly shaped servers that simply launched before.
Even an ETA can save some of those players, knowing they just need to wait one more month to enjoy kronos and not some other server, once those players who care a bit less about 98.97% working quests will set foot in other server they will stay.

I ask you to review what is more important, as new bugs keeps showing the % will go slower. time is at the essence and for each 1% you repair (and i thank you from the bottom of my heart for it) more players will drop.
It is said earlier, repairs can be done even after launch.

thank you for your hard work :)

Yeah it is SO hard. I agree with most of the players - you should take your time.
BUT can't you even give us a hint like "we are going to release in the first/in the second half of this year" SOMETHING LIKE THIS :D

They cant :
- if they plan to release it in about a month, they have to be damn sure it'll be ready in 4 weeks and not 5 or 6, so they wait a bit more before announcing an ETA
- if they plan to release during/after summer, they cant tell you, imagine the damage it'll do to the playerbase following Kronos "casually".

I do think the sooner, the better, but we've understand they'll want to fix quests/dungeons first, else it could be like when nostalrius did their pve test, and multi-shot was hitting friendly target *cough rdy for launch cough*. You dont want to give others servers the chance to point out your bugs.

You are asking for new ETA... Do you remember what happened when there was an ETA? Major part of the community have quickly replaced Estimation with "set in stone" date and when server was not released, there was shitstorm on forums "how they dare to not release it on date they promised?". It's no wonder, that team don't want to give us new ETA untill they are 100% sure, that it will be achieved.

in regard to ED i can already assure you it wont be back up, mainly since they had a lot of critical exploits for gold/gear/xp etc. for a couple years untill they fixed "some of them" i tested a lot on their server and they took at least 3 months at the best to fix critical gold exploits which where fairly simple to fix to begin with.

they barely have any developers left so i dont think they will be making a comeback anytime soon, not to mention their servers are unstable and under frequent ddos attack so to be honest i doubt that ED will be able to grow. many abilities and spells are either bugged or use spell scalings from 2.4.3 on ED still so i say it again i severely doubt that they will be coming back up.

players care more about quality & fixes than a server thats rushed out with an unstable economy and countless bugs where you can give up on ever trying.

people seek quality/stability/fun when they want to play a retro/nostalgic game, in the end they will be coming here, i know so since i have been on plenty 1.12.1 servers and most bugs i found on those servers i reported and tested and they where fixed almost right away.

If I have learned anything in the 10 years that private wow servers are around, it is that quality scripting doesn't matter nearly as much as you'd like to think. Population matters. And I'm sure Chero&co have learned this too. The hard way.
This other "hyped" realm starting up can not be underestimated, because, regardless of their functionality, everybody* is going to go there. The majority of WoW players are addicts and addicts need their fix. So no matter what you hear, they are going to check it out. And once they are there, unless the server is a complete failure, it's going to get harder and harder to pull them away with every passing minute.

I'm not saying release Kronos right now, I'm just saying don't dismiss this threat as insignificant and adjust to it.

*obviously not absolutely everybody. but everybody.

Last edited:

goris is right. you can not judge other people based on your desires. you might be a a true fan which will not compromise over if a new server is to show unless hes on par with kronos, sadly that is true only for a few players (and you might get the wrong impression because those people are the type to spend time on forums long before the server launche thus creating a fake atmosphere that most players fall under that catagory).
as goris said, most players need their fix and if they can not get it here and wont even have an ETA (or a rough one) they will simply get it elsewhere. people might say "let them leave" but that will result in the fall of this server for those people are big part of the community and not something you can ignore.

This server (from my own experience) is by far the most refined I have ever seen, simply saying even if they launch on its current state people wont have a better alternative, the players who seek perfection will see it progress, but most importantly the player base will ensure the survival of the server.
realsing a "perfect product" will only contribute to the developer satisfaction and than it will backfire for no one will be intrested after several product are already rulling the market.
(might sound a bit harsh, I respect the dev team and apprciate their work)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom