• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Give an ETA + Open Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Give an ETA

As for ED, the population was the same year ago and what we saw was totally unstable server leaded into lowering player cap and most of peeps got fed up of 300+ ques ( and pay to skip ) in few months. This thing may occur once more so i wouldn't worry about ED at all the population there is flaping up and down all the time. The only threat to Kronos is Nos and we will see if they want to hurry up the launch so they can start building their community sooner than Kronos. Most of ppl said they will join the project which will be out first so it can be logical move to do, be the first fix the remaining stuff later .

Let the final battle begin :)

As for me Kronos is my choice, but my choice don't matter to the others, since only few people know me :)

EDIT: also some ETA in form of like months will be nice tho. I know it's hard to give that since i know how coding and programing works ( 90 little bugs in code, fixed 12, 150 little bugs in code :D )

Last edited:

Yeah it is SO hard. I agree with most of the players - you should take your time.
BUT can't you even give us a hint like "we are going to release in the first/in the second half of this year" SOMETHING LIKE THIS :D

They did it:

Simple mathematics:
So I am coming to the conclusion we are going to see this server live in the mid of August
we are not going to make you wait so fucking long. I mean, we keep track of the whole scenery around classic wow and we do understand that such a late launch would not help this project at all.

So at least, it should be before August.

Original post

Not sure where you base this on, but...
Nope

A minority will. Quite a difference.

No idea what you're basing that on. People are here because they are stoked to play WoW again and aren't willing to get invested in ED, that's about it. If the other one releases in 2 days and seems like it's really quite close to perfect and this one still doesn't even give us an ETA (making it seem like it could take 6 months or longer to come out) what reason will people have to keep waiting around for another server which might end up only being be equal in quality? People are getting a bit impatient, especially being left totally in the dark for what the ETA might be, don't forget many people thought they'd be playing by the end of December.

As I have mentioned above, you can thank all those complainers when first ETA was not met, that we will not have any new ETA. Only release date will be announced.

If the other one releases in 2 days and seems like it's really quite close to perfect

That's the thing... nostal is no where near perfect. In the recent tests I've seen things very basic stuff completely broken. Like shit you expect to see in stock Mangos.

No idea what you're basing that on. People are here because they are stoked to play WoW again and aren't willing to get invested in ED, that's about it. If the other one releases in 2 days and seems like it's really quite close to perfect and this one still doesn't even give us an ETA (making it seem like it could take 6 months or longer to come out) what reason will people have to keep waiting around for another server which might end up only being be equal in quality? People are getting a bit impatient, especially being left totally in the dark for what the ETA might be, don't forget many people thought they'd be playing by the end of December.

Please watch both video about both server, you will notice a big difference on mechanics or u will notice some video are really good edited and show nothing at all

Ryanp, you are more dense then
elementares_osmium.jpg

That's the thing... nostal is no where near perfect. In the recent tests I've seen things very basic stuff completely broken. Like shit you expect to see in stock Mangos.

Thats the thing, you know that and i know that kronos is in a better place yet people (maybe those who did not have private server exp) will flock there and as it was mentioned before itll be hard to bring them back.
after a while if the server will be ddosed/suffer from duping they might leave (not sure if to search for another vanilla). some might appeal to a diffrent expansion.

If most people were to judge and have the patience you have I am guessing the last kronos server would be still running. you can learn alot from the servers who's still up. quality might not win players alone (past experience).
keeping us in the dark especially while other server is about to go live, I think some action need to be taken (some info or rough estimation).

Please watch both video about both server, you will notice a big difference on mechanics or u will notice some video are really good edited and show nothing at all

I have and I know they aren't as impressive but if it's online first I'm gonna give it a try, and if it just so happens to be roughly as good as I expect Kronos to be then what would be the point of waiting for Kronos? Especially considering that by the time Kronos comes out it's population might be stolen. I know it's a big "if" but I worry for the future of Kronos if that's how it works out, especially since Kronos could probably launch tomorrow and already be considered perfect in the eyes of 95% of the people playing.

Thats the thing, you know that and i know that kronos is in a better place yet people (maybe those who did not have private server exp) will flock there and as it was mentioned before itll be hard to bring them back.
after a while if the server will be ddosed/suffer from duping they might leave (not sure if to search for another vanilla). some might appeal to a diffrent expansion.

If most people were to judge and have the patience you have I am guessing the last kronos server would be still running. you can learn alot from the servers who's still up. quality might not win players alone (past experience).
keeping us in the dark especially while other server is about to go live, I think some action need to be taken (some info or rough estimation).

Kronos has a much larger following. It is clear. I have to think this makes the people who run Nostal nervous. Yes, I do believe they will try to launch before Kronos even if they're not ready. Even if in the end most of those people might return to Kronos on launch day, there would still be at least some casualties, for sure.

So yeah, all of us obviously want Kronos to launch first. However, if for whatever reason they don't... then they should at least do something to mitigate any potential loss of players.

Kronos has a much larger following. It is clear. I have to think this makes the people who run Nostal nervous. Yes, I do believe they will try to launch before Kronos even if they're not ready. Even if in the end most of those people might return to Kronos on launch day, there would still be at least some casualties, for sure.

So yeah, all of us obviously want Kronos to launch first. However, if for whatever reason they don't... then they should at least do something to mitigate any potential loss of players.

I have something similar in mind. Speaking theoretically: Nos could've realized that they need a lot more time to reach Kronos level and they would definitly open after K. After all it's all about players so the only option is to open earlier, give us product that is already better than feenix.
This here is all speculations, but that's what i would do.
Also to counter this (suprise Nostalrius open) would be immediate annouce of opening Kronos, even if after month.

I don't think Nos is really a threat for Kronos. Nos is really not ready and many followers there are concerned about the state of quests and mobs. Since first open test all bug reports are secret, so they have very low transparancy about what is broken and what is fixed. I remember being a fanboy of Emerald Dream in the early months, being the one saying stuff will be fixed. But boy I was wrong. I'm sure Nos has some blind fanboys now too.

Every player not playing on Kronos is one less for me to gank so I'd rather not loose any player to it.

So if Nos has a release (announcement), Kronos needs to respond with an open beta test or a release announcement. If people can compare, they will see Kronos is superior and all doubts will be gone.

Last edited:

I don't think Nos is really a threat for Kronos, but every player not playing on Kronos is one less I can gank.

So if they have a release, Kronos needs to respond with an open beta test or a release announcement. If people can compare, all doubts will be gone.

*nod*

My thoughts exactly.

well as one who has tested kronos i went to check out the competition often before, ED i can guarantee stands no chance since they have a lot of core issues that have stood on for too long not to mention their scaling for many spells are from 2.4.3.

judging nostalrious which i havent played on but seen a lot of content from, some of their proud scripting videos are a hoax to say the least, a good example would be their stress test which at first glance seems totally legit but then when you think about it makes no sense since all the players for the stress testing where generated via a script making them no-more than mere npc's which wouldnt have any real effect on latency to begin with. Also in their proud stealth recruit video most have seen they proclaim doors to have been fixed while in reality only a very few doors have been fixed since the doors are not like walls and only exist the moment the client loads them in 1.12.1 so you could in fact disable your client from loading the doors to begin with.

as a web designer myself i actually like their design choice and hope kronos will pick something more appealing but looking purely at the 1.12.1 server and the staff behind it i would without a doubt choose Kronos for many good reasons

There is still one more option - Kronos will wait for nost release date and then publics his own, few days earlyer ^^

Nope

A minority will. Quite a difference.

might not hurt to look in the past for foundations for such a bold claim. Minority of Kronos forum stalkers? Maybe. But the minority of potential players??
Do you honestly think that most people are so loyal to Kronos and so pedantic about every single mechanic/bug, that they won't even consider playing on a different hyped server? Where was this "majority" the last time around? Oh that's right, they were on Kronos and that server died before you could say blueberry pie. (There were multiple reasons for that, of course)
No, the majority will join the server that launches first. In my opinion that isn't even a question. Because right now, both servers are in the same boat. They are the new, cool, supposedly bug free, thing. And when such a thing comes, the player will try it out. The question is, for how long will the players join the first server. Whichever the first one may be.

Now, I have no idea how the other one works. I wouldn't even know it existed if it wasn't mentioned on these forums daily. But it doesn't take much to make people (in general) happy. You can see it here, very clearly, when a simple mention of a working quest, or mobs standing around the player, makes the audience jizz their pants. All that's important is to give them something better than the thing they are currently fed up with and they are yours (for a certain time). And yes, Kronos can be better than N*******, but if it releases second, if it gets too late and if the N******* staff have half a brain, it's going to take a lot of time before people collectively get fed up enough to want to start from the scratch again.

Last edited:

As you guys may have noticed, or not if you didn't participate in their tests, their server isn't ready. Think Chero is stupid or something. If they really pose a thread Kronos would react. Stop making a bigger deal out of this then it is.
If people really came here for quality, they will stay for quality. If not, better off going to ED again.

Quite simple solution:
Kronos open Beta/Release -> eat a bucket of dicks

Last edited:

There is still one more option - Kronos will wait for nost release date and then publics his own, few days earlyer ^^

I bet they would just change their release date again then, and then it goes on and on and on and on and on. Before we know, the release date will be the 12'th of feb :laugh:

But then! On the 12'th when Nos have launched their server, Kronos is gonna annouce that they've decided to delay their launch with a month. Nos then have launched a shitty server, and one month later Kronos launches their beauty and owns the shit out them GG, HF, well played and get rekt sons.

Last edited:

If we ignore the needs of the "simple" people we will end without them which means you will have the world to yourself and a few others. like it or not, those people will be a large portion of the community and without them the server will likely to go down. winning over them is just as important as 3% working quests or a minor bug.
Kronos is undoublty superior and they might not have to worry and release before nos, but if they simply ignore it and keep those unpatient players clueless they will lose them.

their server isn't ready

AC Unity wasn't ready for release either. It still sold nearly 2 million copies in the first week.

I realize I'm repeating myself but ready is a relative term. Ready to provide a bugfree environment? Maybe not. Ready to "steal" players? Maybe yes.
My intention wasn't to cause panic, but to raise awareness. Because the attitude of "who cares, they are shit" is not the right attitude.

As I've said plenty times before, best of luck Kronos team:) Hope your strategy will be the best one.

The point in me creating this thread was to see all the different opinions of the people waiting to play on Kronos. From what I've seen it's not just me that has concerns about losing potential players to other servers. I agree with everyone saying that Kronos is clearly superior and that the people who are really serious about a bug free environment and a flawless vanilla environment will play on Kronos regardless of how long they delay the release; however, they are undoubtably the minority. Every server with a healthy population has a majority of casual players who most likely don't have great concern with a flawless private server. They are here purely for nostalgia and will go wherever they can play right from the release of a new server first. That being said, most of those people also won't come back to Kronos once they've hit 20+ as they don't want to respend that time leveling and already got what they wanted which is most likely starting at the release of a server. I am stoked for Kronos and will personally be waiting however long it takes them to release it. I also really hope the population exceeds that of feenix, because it's not just about having a flawless server... It's about having a lot of people playing with you just like in the original release. Also keep in mind there were tons of bugs when wow was originally released and they were fixed along the way. Thanks for all of the replies and I hope we get a moderator to shed some light on this issue with their opinion on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom