• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Give an ETA + Open Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Open Beta

One word: Professionalism. Do you see Valve or Blizzard going "ah well we're not finished yet but just try what we have now and don't buy that competitors game!"? Kronos just needs to stay professional, finish fixing as much as they can while ignoring cries and other projects rushing. And release when they feel it's ready. Simple as that.

It's only professional if they keep their opinion about competitors to themselves.

One word: Professionalism. Do you see Valve or Blizzard going "ah well we're not finished yet but just try what we have now and don't buy that competitors game!"? Kronos just needs to stay professional, finish fixing as much as they can while ignoring cries and other projects rushing. And release when they feel it's ready. Simple as that.

The problem is to still have to whom to release the great project many months from now. We're talking about a very small niche here, vanilla WoW is not really popular, if your intended audience is already hooked to another service you'll just have a very good, but empty server :innocent:

Yes, I see Blizzard letting people play for months before the release all the time, haven't you? :laugh:

The problem is to still have to whom to release the great project many months from now. We're talking about a very small niche here, vanilla WoW is not really popular, if your intended audience is already hooked to another service you'll just have a very good, but empty server :innocent:

Yes, I see Blizzard letting people play for months before the release all the time, haven't you? :laugh:

And a well timed WOD beta to give Wildstar and ESO some competition, while retail Panda is stagnating.

It's only professional if they keep their opinion about competitors to themselves.
True but exaggerating what they said like this:

Kronos staff members and testers are accusing Nos, that they rushed their server out, which means "Ours is already better than their rushed shit, but we want to make it even better."

doesn't help you get your point across. Unless I missed some posts in which case please do quote them here. And afaik testers don't represent Twinstar or Kronos so they're entitled to their opinion.

Yes, I see Blizzard letting people play for months before the release all the time, haven't you? [emoji23]
I played in the vanilla wow open beta, I believe that started one week before launch.

Ah yes sorry I meant Blizzard before Activision merger. After that it's not really a paragon of professionalism now is it? :laugh: Having to pay so blizz lets you beta test a free-to-play game (HotS) is just too low lol

Why are you complaining? Kronos seems planing to do a beta. And your arguments.... like 10% or whatever small amount of the blizzards community was able to touch these betas. You want something different.

Release the server when you think it's ready, regardless of competition.

But before the end of the month Kronos needs to respond with a open beta (or an announcement).

kronos needs to kill their hype.

Last edited:

And a well timed WOD beta to give Wildstar and ESO some competition, while retail Panda is stagnating.

It's the same thing here, what has Kronos to give as competition to Nos? A video once a month? The promise of a better server? Good luck with that...

As it is now, I'm pretty sure that you'll play on a deserted Kronos if Nos is not a failure. People will have to choose between watching a slowly moving progress bar and real action.

Blizzard had many betas, the biggest one, which was actually fucking huge, was the annual pass, more than 1 million players had access to that...

I played in the vanilla wow open beta, I believe that started one week before launch.
Vanilla WoW was shit in that stage. Kronos pretends to be the best. You can play the current WoW content on PTR many weeks before it is live, even if the things are shitty and get changed 10 times a day. Of course not "everyone" can, but then again, they have 10 MILLION players. Kronos should be happy to reach 1000. Today, that is, not very sure about next month...

With this attitude, yes, we should just pack up and leave 4 years of good work behind.

This makes me sad. Kronos was shut down for restart 10 months ago while Nost have been up and running. Then, in summer, Nost devs realised, that their server is dead and so they will restart too. And now, they are rushing their server just to lure more players from Kronos base.

And it was Kronos community who helped them with hype. Week after fist mention of Nost here on forums, their number of FB likes increased 2 times.

And now, the same community wants to leave, because they don't want to wait one month more for server they have been waiting for 10 months already... Just sad :no:

With this attitude, yes, we should just pack up and leave 4 years of good work behind.

This makes me sad. Kronos was shut down for restart 10 months ago while Nost have been up and running. Then, in summer, Nost devs realised, that their server is dead and so they will restart too. And now, they are rushing their server just to lure more players from Kronos base.

And it was Kronos community who helped them with hype. Week after fist mention of Nost here on forums, their number of FB likes increased 2 times.

And now, the same community wants to leave, because they don't want to wait one month more for server they have been waiting for 10 months already... Just sad :no:

I personally will try nos on launch day. However, my gut tells me that they are indeed rushing things to release before Kronos. If I encounter some major malfunction (as I have on every Vanilla server I've tried), then I will be done with them and continue my wait for Kronos.

However, not everyone is so discerning as I. Some people will be happy to be playing Vanilla again, and will become invested in Nos even if in the end Kronos releases soon after and is of superior quality.

Last edited:

And how in the hell do you know this?

A bit of research. I have acidentaly come to nost week after their restart and it was all there. There also was info, that their server died out because of another french vanilla server Nostalgeek.
When they decided, that restart is necessary, they proclaimed last 3 years as beta test and so now it's "official" release. In truth, they have done the same mistake as Kronos 1 - They focused on their national community.. and failed.

Edit: The last sentence is, of course just speculation.. but rather obvious, isn't it?

Aieris, its a pure gamble for them.
They rushed their server even though it was far from beeing ready. Really, I participated in their tests. Its nowhere near done. If they are lucky people will stay and they get a good chunk of players. But what if not?
Worst case scenario the remaining bugs make most of their community leave and they are done for. Which is what I expect actually.

By pure numbers Kronos is larger, so what to do? What they did is rush it down and hope and see how it turns out.
If their hype bubble bursts its game over.

I never tested their server, so the only bugs I know are the ones that were posted on their forums about issues.

When a server is fixing friendly fire a month and a half before release, what else is broken under the hood? I can't imagine that's even in default Mangos, so how the hell did they break that? And if they break something that simple, I can't imagine a majority of the game is going to work properly.

I never tested their server, so the only bugs I know are the ones that were posted on their forums about issues.

When a server is fixing friendly fire a month and a half before release, what else is broken under the hood? I can't imagine that's even in default Mangos, so how the hell did they break that? And if they break something that simple, I can't imagine a majority of the game is going to work properly.

Exactly what I'm thinking. If something so huge and obvious can be broken, how the hell are they handling the little details?

If there is going an open beta it will be very close to the launch date. Right now we plan to have one. Of course everything done in the test will be lost and RESET for the release.
Players will probably get some ingame GM commands to during the beta.

Tbh, I couldnt care less about an open beta.
Yes, it might build hype, but the release date would have to be really close to Nos to prevent people from playing there.
More worried about the loss of population. Timing is everything, be it for games, movies, etc.

I'm already set to play on Kronos because of the 10g respec cap, dont really care about which one will achieve the finest level of blizzlikeness.

Well wouldn't that imply that a OPEN BETA means the release date is close by? Cause thats what I read there.

Kronos promises: To be nearly perfect at launch
Best ddos protection in the bis
To NOT give us a launch date because it is still too early

Nos promises: To fix all of their current glitches with patches eventually
To have regression protection with each patch
To eventually have a BC server that lets you clone your Vanilla char onto it
Great anti hack protection
Good ddos protection
To launch in 2 weeks

Kronos track record: Underestimated the workload by thinking they could launch before the end of 2014
High quality videos showing many bug fixes (no word on regressions)
Larger population (for now)

Nos track record: Didn't look overly impressive during beta test (so I hear)
Large population

Differences in gameplay: 10g respec cap on Kronos

It seems that both will be successful, assuming Kronos can launch somewhat soon, or keeps the hype train moving with more videos, or with a beta launch.

Yes, but let me explain.
Nos releases the 28th.
80%+ of the community is not die-hard Kronos fan.
So they'll try Nos. Start levelling. Which will probably be allright, maybe not perfect but allright.
When Kronos will release somewhere in March, do you think they'll start over when their first toon is somewhere between 30 and 60?

No, unless some major flaws appear.
People just want to play by now, even a perfect open beta wouldnt hold people to wait a few weeks for Kronos.

Yes, but let me explain.
Nos releases the 28th.
So they'll try Nos. Start levelling. Which will probably be allright, maybe not perfect but allright.
When Kronos will release somewhere in March, do you think they'll start over when their first toon is somewhere between 30 and 60?

People just want to play by now, even a perfect open beta wouldnt hold people to wait a few weeks for Kronos.

Just chill for now, and let's wait and see how things turns out :smile: We can't predict shit.

Yes, but let me explain.
Nos releases the 28th.

A perfect open beta would absolutely get people to wait for Kronos if there was a solid date set for sometime in March or even probably April. I see no reason to think they'll open it that soon though. June seems fairly likely at this point considering they haven't even hinted at a month to release it in yet. Nos has said that they paid special attention to the first part of the game, so it'll probably seem almost flawless for the first 30 levels to hook people in. I really think that if Kronos just keeps working at their normal pace and does nothing different in light of the Nos launch, they might become the smaller server by a wide margin.

Last edited:
Have you noticed, that according the progress bar, we are about month away from release? :tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom