• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Give an ETA + Open Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember WoW was growing so rapidly the first year.
some players who were already playing since the start would
get hyped again when blizz opened new servers
just cause everything is reset again -^^
Im also hyped in a similar way

Re: Give an ETA

As you guys may have noticed, or not if you didn't participate in their tests, their server isn't ready. Think Chero is stupid or something. If they really pose a thread Kronos would react. Stop making a bigger deal out of this then it is.
If people really came here for quality, they will stay for quality. If not, better off going to ED again.

You're a part of the developers' inner circle. I really wonder if your constant motherly opinion is more than reassurance. Are you getting some sort of special benefits?

Last edited:

AC Unity wasn't ready for release either. It still sold nearly 2 million copies in the first week.

That's because Ubisoft has marketing strategies and tons of dosh to spend on advertisement. Not to mention the huge Ass Ass In's Creed fanbase, that'll buy new AC games no matter what.

Guild Wars 2 sold over 4 mio copies and died out cause it was shit.

You're a part of the developers' inner circle. I really wonder if your constant motherly opinion is more than reassurance. Are you getting some sort of special benefits?
Cute. Nope, I don't get anything from stating my opinion. Actually none of the testers get ANYTHING. We do this cause we want to not cause it gets us special treatment. Weird concept huh?

I remember WoW was growing so rapidly the first year.
some players who were already playing since the start would
get hyped again when blizz opened new servers
just cause everything is reset again -^^
Im also hyped in a similar way

I fondly remember that as well. Was really cool to log on to a freshly launched server and see the starter zones ridiculously jam packed.

Open Beta

I understand that the server is not ready yet but 84% seems pretty significant. Not to mention many items according to their progress bars indicate 100% completion or near completion. I have heard testers even say that it could be open right now. An open beta could satiate those waiting as well as fully convince fence-sitters about where to invest their time. Something to think about at least.

Re: Open Beta

I got a question, will the server resets on Open beta or initial release? Is everyone starting at the same place or those who played in the beta will keep their characters?

I got a question, will the server resets on Open beta or initial release? Is everyone starting at the same place or those who played in the beta will keep their characters?

Have you ever seen beta test that did that??

Firefall's beta did that. I played and kept all my characters all the way through the closed beta into the release.

I've never seen such practice. Well, you got me! :biggrin:
I doubt this will be the case here, tho. Resettt.

Sounds promissing. Is there any estimate when it could be the time for a beta test? In addition, would it be 1xrates test or with lvling commands for easier testing?

I think generally open software testing tries to emulate realistic situations that might happen upon real release, whereas closed testing would be more predefined tests on the code and stuff. So I'd think that access to commands and stuff would be restricted to testers and staff and stuff. Idk though, I'm not in software testing so idk :tongue:

An open beta is something we take heavily into consideration.

I think that after the latest development with the competition you should take it more than heavily into consideration. I think you should have an open beta server up BEFORE the competition launches. That is if the videos and the progress there are real. It doesn't have to be perfect at all, it just has to be there. Real.

If Kronos is in a better state than Nos, then even if the people will try both, they hopefully won't bother with the other one. But for fuck's sake, if you have anything to show, show it now, don't wait and hope the others will fail... :no:

I think that after the latest development with the competition you should take it more than heavily into consideration. I think you should have an open beta server up BEFORE the competition launches. That is if the videos and the progress there are real. It doesn't have to be perfect at all, it just has to be there. Real.

If Kronos is in a better state than Nos, then even if the people will try both, they hopefully won't bother with the other one. But for fuck's sake, if you have anything to show, show it now, don't wait and hope the others will fail... :no:

THIS

I'm wondering now... What about open beta WITHOUT reset, BEFORE Nost release. You know like 2 days of beta then close it for a half or a month, polish stuff and release.

I'm thinking more like a Blizzard PTR, and instead of videos, just put the updates there and release notes on the forums, then let people enjoy. Of course everything should be reset on the actual launch though...

Instead of retarded progress bars that are not even relevant, according to some, and move like once a month, tell people "we fixed that, how you like it, have a look".

All these depend on the actual state of the server of course... It should be better than the existing ones, or else... the rage... :laugh:

Same like me in Firefall...Play on Open beta....they do some shit/fix et. and after all hero's and items was not delete.This is not bad idea .I mean--->Open beta Kronos for 5 day's or something.After that close it For polish and stuff and after that release :innocent:

These things also include to be an open book for competitors. Also their status bar is better than telling everyone how & that you changed XYZ and even better than telling nothing about a status. I believe there is a reason why they don't want to be to much transparent.
We all know, eyes are everywhere.

I'm wondering now... What about open beta WITHOUT reset, BEFORE Nost release. You know like 2 days of beta then close it for a half or a month, polish stuff and release.

Sorry but not resetting is the worst idea ever...

These things also include to be an open book for competitors. Also their status bar is better than telling everyone how & that you changed XYZ and even better than telling nothing about a status. I believe there is a reason why they don't want to be to much transparent.
We all know, eyes are everywhere.

Kronos staff members and testers are accusing Nos, that they rushed their server out, which means "Ours is already better than their rushed shit, but we want to make it even better." Based on this, why would it hurt to be an open book for competitors, and more importantly for players, showing that the Kronos implementation is much better, but you have to wait to get the finished product. Transparency can never hurt if you have nothing to hide.

If there is going an open beta it will be very close to the launch date. Right now we plan to have one. Of course everything done in the test will be lost and RESET for the release.
Players will probably get some ingame GM commands to during the beta.

Kronos staff members and testers are accusing Nos, that they rushed their server out, which means "Ours is already better than their rushed shit, but we want to make it even better." Based on this, why would it hurt to be an open book for competitors, and more importantly for players, showing that the Kronos implementation is much better, but you have to wait to get the finished product. Transparency can never hurt if you have nothing to hide.

One word: Professionalism. Do you see Valve or Blizzard going "ah well we're not finished yet but just try what we have now and don't buy that competitors game!"? Kronos just needs to stay professional, finish fixing as much as they can while ignoring cries and other projects rushing. And release when they feel it's ready. Simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom