• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Going downhill ?

dollybooster

According to http://kronos-census.com/ the numbers are dropping for each and every day. The peak will soon be under 900 ppl online at the same time. Its time to do something, i want this project to stay. I have even donated to help.

Regards

I honestly think the lack of people knowing about world channel is driving people away. I'm in my lvl 40s and I couldn't find a single DPS for my Zul'Farak run until i typed /who and asked people to DPS manually. I found someone that way and they had no clue world chat existed. I would probably quit too if that was the case lol.

well if ppl dont know to type /join world to see if it exists,then some ppl are really dumb. typing /join world was my first thing to do when i join to new server. but yea message about world chat when u log in would help.

I think is mostly due summer time , a lot of people max level already.
But i costantly see some new leveller pop in world chat and asking chat.

only time will tell

I think is mostly due summer time , a lot of people max level already.
But i costantly see some new leveller pop in world chat and asking chat.

only time will tell

Summer time? thats an excuse...if anything the population should be increasing as more people have more spare time on their hands.

Its more to do with positive advertisment. Start using channels such as r/gamernews or r/gaming. Get a big gaming publication do a piece on private servers. Put up posters in your local supermarket/internet cafe/uni campus/school/football club etc. If anyone wants I can send them a PDF of a poster I mocked up and spread around, it looks quite good if I do say so myself.

Moreover get rid of cross faction mounts.

I see the opposite though, yes say by day it looks grim, but week by week the average population is growing.

Last edited:
Well, considering the vanilla crowd is probably older/not school age I wouldn't necessarily think of summertime being a net benefit to people's time.

Now that it's summer I still have work + good enough weather to be outside.

Also as struckd mentioned I think population is growing over the long term.

Maybe for the world chat issue there could be a message when you log in informing people of it... or if possible could it be made default to join?

Summer time? thats an excuse...if anything the population should be increasing as more people have more spare time on their hands.
It's definitely not the case for TwinStar's Czech/Slovak servers, where the population always decreases during summer and is at its peak during winter. Let's hope Kronos will not follow this pattern.:smile:

Hmm...
Community-management-Once-again
Viral-Marketing
Help-raise-awareness-for-the-server
How-can-we-help-spread-awareness
YouTube-comments
The-Great-Masquerade-Video
Let-s-Play-Counterattack!x5-Eng-subs

Note that only the first link is related to the staff. Others are about community, about what you can do aside of donating (which is a good thing itself!). If you're of creative type - consider doing something even better than on the last two links :) And - a bit offtopic, but nice idea IMHO - check Kronos-Shirt-Logo-artwork if you are.

Theese are all the consequences of releasing server too late :/ and at the end we have shitty server who stole all players and i dont know what now must happen to increase server population as it was at launch or some weeks after like 2000-3000 players ;/ atm looks that Kronos will have fate of K1 AND K2 (closes because of low pop)

Server is continuing to improve on all fronts and I think that's what counts. As opposed to nost we didn't have to turn down vision range and I think quality aswell as a good bugtracker will win the race in the long run.

Get ready for BWL

Lol, you have never lead any guild in any game ever or worked in television.

Last edited:
nost is so terrible though, I have yet to read anyone saying they prefer the experience having tried both

except a few that need the pop - although the high pop has some extreme negatives as well.

I am thinking nost might put a cap at some point and open up a 2nd server - at that point we might likely score a few people to kronos.

what the server really needs is more NA players, having it be 24/7 seems key to the longevity and strength of a server

The current situation between Kronos and Nostalrius is a problem and should naturally tend to fix itself, but action needs to be taken to ease the pain of the process. Nostalrius is overflowing. This is well known and is causing latency issues around peak hours. People are begging Nostrils devs for a new server, and some blood is slowly starting to boil at their unresponsiveness to the issue. The obvious solution here is to introduce Kronos as an alternative, and have both "spillover" from Nost and new players flow into Kronos. This is not new information but this population gap needs to be exploited. Where population was its best friend, it is quickly becoming Nostalrius' worst enemy, with older players already resenting the overcrowding and constant influx of new players. One quote I can share from a prominent Nost guild's chat: "I wish everyone under level 40 quit", which was followed by guildmembers saying that everyone still leveling should just quit. Furthermore some people go so far as to be willing to reroll on a new server. It would be beneficial for both servers to redirect population from Nost to Kronos, and certainly not the other way around. This is slowly happening but we need people to catalyze the process. I wouldn't be too surprised if in the future entire guilds switch to Kronos, if Kronos makes the right moves, and Nostalrius doesn't find some saving grace.

Nostalrius is surrounded by a shiny shell that I fear will break apart to reveal a rotten core. Besides overpopulation, their weakness is the distance between devs/GMs and players, and this is another area Kronos can work to exploit. I can suggest things to do close this gap, but one need only look at successful ventures such as Star Citizen or Underworld Ascendant. These games have in common veteran developers, and so does Kronos! You don't need videos of Chero IRL, but Kronos can present itself and communicate better with its players and would-be players. Work should also be done to make the server/website more noob-friendly, as new players (to the server) are much-needed lifeblood for Kronos. This last point is a strength of Nost's that it could now do without. Also, obviously, AV/BWL needs to be a big deal, and hopefully released before Nostalrius'. We should have more material (videos) for AV/BWL by now, same with Nost, who has AV in closed beta and is frankly not handling it well (read their forums), or releasing any media from it. I hope these future releases are used to Kronos' best advantage.

My conclusion is that if the situation continues the way it is now, both servers will suffer, but Nostalrius will likely shed the extra weight and keep trudging, whereas the future of Kronos will be uncertain. I can only hope that Kronos' earnest quality will pull it through.

Only time will tell. I'm totally satisfied of the quality here, and the population is quite fine as it is even now. Ofc more will be better but no more than 1,5k total or it will be madness.

The current situation between Kronos and Nostalrius is a problem and should naturally tend to fix itself, but action needs to be taken to ease the pain of the process. Nostalrius is overflowing. This is well known and is causing latency issues around peak hours. People are begging Nostrils devs for a new server, and some blood is slowly starting to boil at their unresponsiveness to the issue. The obvious solution here is to introduce Kronos as an alternative, and have both "spillover" from Nost and new players flow into Kronos. This is not new information but this population gap needs to be exploited. Where population was its best friend, it is quickly becoming Nostalrius' worst enemy, with older players already resenting the overcrowding and constant influx of new players. One quote I can share from a prominent Nost guild's chat: "I wish everyone under level 40 quit", which was followed by guildmembers saying that everyone still leveling should just quit. Furthermore some people go so far as to be willing to reroll on a new server. It would be beneficial for both servers to redirect population from Nost to Kronos, and certainly not the other way around. This is slowly happening but we need people to catalyze the process. I wouldn't be too surprised if in the future entire guilds switch to Kronos, if Kronos makes the right moves, and Nostalrius doesn't find some saving grace.

Nostalrius is surrounded by a shiny shell that I fear will break apart to reveal a rotten core. Besides overpopulation, their weakness is the distance between devs/GMs and players, and this is another area Kronos can work to exploit. I can suggest things to do close this gap, but one need only look at successful ventures such as Star Citizen or Underworld Ascendant. These games have in common veteran developers, and so does Kronos! You don't need videos of Chero IRL, but Kronos can present itself and communicate better with its players and would-be players. Work should also be done to make the server/website more noob-friendly, as new players (to the server) are much-needed lifeblood for Kronos. This last point is a strength of Nost's that it could now do without. Also, obviously, AV/BWL needs to be a big deal, and hopefully released before Nostalrius'. We should have more material (videos) for AV/BWL by now, same with Nost, who has AV in closed beta and is frankly not handling it well (read their forums), or releasing any media from it. I hope these future releases are used to Kronos' best advantage.

My conclusion is that if the situation continues the way it is now, both servers will suffer, but Nostalrius will likely shed the extra weight and keep trudging, whereas the future of Kronos will be uncertain. I can only hope that Kronos' earnest quality will pull it through.

yes, kronos devs/GMs are so close to the community, they care so much, thats why listened to the community here (thread) and seem to totally care about this poll (thread) too or are listening to their community here and here which is just trying to improve their server. the rose-tinted glasses you wear are doing their job.

its so stupid to blame the head-start nostalrius had for their higher population only, because there are many more arguments why ppl on nostalrius have chosen their server over kronos, but i do not want to dig deeper into now.
and instead of looking over to other servers pointing at them "ha ha, they are so shit" you should take a close look at yourself and reconsider what you (kronos) could do to make the server more attractive. or what you've done that made it less attractive and possibly re-think such decisions.
why do you care so much about what others are doing wrong?! IF you should care about other peoples business, you should care about what they are doing good and copy/learn from that!

in my opinion kronos has chosen to go with the wrong policy. cross faction mounts, "fixed" line of sight, too early silithus, 1.12.1 itemization (even for pvp) and soon the crappy AV version. many reasons why nostalrius ppl think their server is superior and do not want to switch. not even mentioning the character AH or the initial DM release. these examples have nothing to do with a headstart or higher pop, this is what kronos has chosen totally on its own.

some heroes on the forum "do not care" or even like that policy or just dont want to level another 60s and so will keep denfending it. other dislike it and leave.

whatever you consider yourself to be, stop trying to make others look ugly just so yourself look better. this hate and secret jealousy is just too retarded. so is blindfold fanboying.

Last edited:
yes, kronos devs are so close to the community, they care so much, thats why listened to the community here (thread) and seem to totally care about this poll (thread) too or are listening to their community here and here which is just trying to improve their server. the rose-tinted glasses you wear are doing their job.

You seem to have completely misread my post. I am literally telling the Kronos devs to get closer to their community, and to learn from Nostalrius' successes and failutes. In fact, one of those links you mentioned is of my own creation (albeit on a different account). If your take was "rose-tinted goggles" and "fanboying" from my post then you really have failed to comprehend my point. Perhaps you should read my conclusion a few more times. The fact is that both servers can do better for themselves.

You seem to have completely misread my post. I am literally telling the Kronos devs to get closer to their community, and to learn from Nostalrius' successes and failutes. In fact, one of those links you mentioned is of my own creation (albeit on a different account). If your take was "rose-tinted goggles" and "fanboying" from my post then you really have failed to comprehend my point. Perhaps you should read my conclusion a few more times. The fact is that both servers can do better for themselves.

i was not only refering to you. just been too lazy and tired to put the other ppls quotes in too, sorry.

I find these posts so interesting. If only it was true maybe we could get more world bosses.

We actually had a rly good pop when the server released, but the server was still a little unstable back then and there were tons of rollbacks. I think many left again cause they thought it would stay like that, tbh those rollbacks at the start were reaaaallllyy annoying.

Server is continuing to improve on all fronts and I think that's what counts. As opposed to nost we didn't have to turn down vision range and I think quality aswell as a good bugtracker will win the race in the long run.

Get ready for BWL

Lol, you have never lead any guild in any game ever or worked in television.

Thats where I am getting my opinion from...I used to be class lead for a guild in TBC and as summer come around without really inviting new members, we were having more people online at once. When the school term ended we had two full raid groups running successfully.

As school ends, that leaves more students with more time, also with parents having more time as they don't do the school run/school activities. Moreover where I work in the Middle East construction sites close down during the day because of the heat...leaving me and other cooworkers with free time until night shift.

Just looking at my own personal experience, I can say the most free time I have is during summer (more public holidays too). Obviously that changes from person to person and country to country.

yes, kronos devs/GMs are so close to the community, they care so much, thats why listened to the community here (thread) and seem to totally care about this poll (thread) too or are listening to their community here and here which is just trying to improve their server. the rose-tinted glasses you wear are doing their job.

its so stupid to blame the head-start nostalrius had for their higher population only, because there are many more arguments why ppl on nostalrius have chosen their server over kronos, but i do not want to dig deeper into now.
and instead of looking over to other servers pointing at them "ha ha, they are so shit" you should take a close look at yourself and reconsider what you (kronos) could do to make the server more attractive. or what you've done that made it less attractive and possibly re-think such decisions.
why do you care so much about what others are doing wrong?! IF you should care about other peoples business, you should care about what they are doing good and copy/learn from that!

in my opinion kronos has chosen to go with the wrong policy. cross faction mounts, "fixed" line of sight, too early silithus, 1.12.1 itemization (even for pvp) and soon the crappy AV version. many reasons why nostalrius ppl think their server is superior and do not want to switch. not even mentioning the character AH or the initial DM release. these examples have nothing to do with a headstart or higher pop, this is what kronos has chosen totally on its own.

some heroes on the forum "do not care" or even like that policy or just dont want to level another 60s and so will keep denfending it. other dislike it and leave.

whatever you consider yourself to be, stop trying to make others look ugly just so yourself look better. this hate and secret jealousy is just too retarded. so is blindfold fanboying.

I won't deny there are some issues I feel Kronos has been remiss in addressing, but you are absolutely delusional if you can't see that Nostalrius took the lions share of the players simply because it released an entire month earlier.

If it were Kronos that had done that, most certainly we would be in their position right now.

Kronos' mistake is primarily one mis-judgment...

Releasing too late. Period. When Nost jumped they gun, they should have followed suit within the same week and worked on the bugs on the fly, just as Nost did. They were better off than Nost was when Nost was released, so the extra bugs abound as compared to a month later wouldn't have been an issue. It's not about bowing to the competition, it's just plain and simple marketing/business strategy. You have to match release dates when the hype is hot, or you risk losing the audience from the get-go.

In reality, Kronos and Nostalrius need to work together to balance each others population for the good of both realms. The sad thing is the chance of that happening is so slim, the vanilla community may just kill itself.

I always find it amusing how threads regarding Kronos's future devolve into Nost-bashing. GMs need to work on their censorship.... I mentioned how Nostrils has a better pvp scene (due to higher pop) and some butthurt GM deleted it 2x. I haven't seen this sort of censorship on Nos forums.... whenever Kronos is mentioned, it stays there. if I'm wrong, someone prove me otherwise.

Back on topic, I think the population will rebound after the summer. During the summer, people should be spending (and probably are) more time outside. Kronos is great for PvE due to lower quantity of bugs, but I go on Nos to fulfill my pvp needs, and thats due to their huge pop.

Edit: One more thing, Nos Devs communicate well to their players. Go check the patchnotes and new additions to their website, and AV/BWL testing on the Announcements section of their forum. But of course, improvements can be made (like communication about whether or not a 2nd server can be opened)

Also, GMs communicate frequently with players.... tickets are answered within a few hours and they constantly help people in the Support Section. People who've played there since the server's inception, and frequently visit the forums can attest to these facts.

And 1.5k people is just fine... hell, there are people playing on Rebirth-WoW, and they somehow enjoy a server with less than 200 people at peak times.

Last edited:
I'm on the downhill grind to 60 right now, in a fantastic guild called <Vanguard> and NEVER have problems finding groups for anything. But there were times before that when getting dungeon groups together was difficult, but you just keep trying. DPS always has a harder time, just a fact. You have to whisper people if you want to get groups. Don't assume everyone is in world chat, even if they know about it. Sometimes I leave it because it distracts me.

Actually, Revo is generally right, sadly. But I have no idea what anyone can do now except simply care about the community more. Policy is chosen and it couldn't be turned around in a moment. Yes, it's unpopular, but I won't call it "wrong". The main aspect of Kronos policy is a good transparency, and yes - it scares some people away, many prefer populism.

The only step I'd suggested - except, once again, community management efforts (activity in solving people problems and answering people questions) - is to do some researches on a character AH problem. Some people like it indeed, but how many? I, personally, like the idea of a Trade Auction and don't like the Classic one - maybe a poll would show that 80% of even our current community are same-minded - that'd be a reason to change something... But even I doubt that the staff could really initiate something like this.

Actually, Revo is generally right, sadly. But I have no idea what anyone can do now except simply care about the community more. Policy is chosen and it couldn't be turned around in a moment. Yes, it's unpopular, but I won't call it "wrong". The main aspect of Kronos policy is a good transparency, and yes - it scares some people away, many prefer populism.

The only step I'd suggested - except, once again, community management efforts (activity in solving people problems and answering people questions) - is to do some researches on a character AH problem. Some people like it indeed, but how many? I, personally, like the idea of a Trade Auction and don't like the Classic one - maybe a poll would show that 80% of even our current community are same-minded - that'd be a reason to change something... But even I doubt that the staff could really initiate something like this.

I would think that would be a waste of time. Because we already know that the Character Auction is going to stay, nothing can change that.

But I agree with more research into other decisions the staff has made and to maybe change their mind on some of those.

What we really need is to get the word out. I have spoken to a wide range of people on different platforms...other servers, reddit, comment sections on Kotaku, RPS, IGN, comments on youtube, forums...and there is quite a big mindset that kronos is a fun server, or at least a far from Blizzlike server...this needs to change, more advertising (both by the community and the devs) to change that perception...and possibly to tap into an untapped source of players. Doing a big post for r/gaming or the community can put up physical advertisements (posters - keeps anonymity) at school, Uni, local internet cafe/football club

Last edited:
Top Bottom