• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Going downhill ?

The videos are hidden behind a media tab. They aren't "in your face" as they should be. People are fucking *****s. I realize this every day anew. You need to be in their face and make everything piss easy for them. If you don't babysit your users and spoonfeed information to thme, they won't go looking for it.

This is precisely why Nostalrius has more exposre. They attract people who have never even played Vanilla (or WoW) to begin with. Sure, some of that is due to Twitch streams, but from my experience one bug streamer never brings in more than 10, maybe 20 people who actually KEEP playing the game. Smooth McGroove's streams on Valkyrie were a perfect example for that. Even with already existing players, they could barely form one US raiding core.

Now there's a new news post that mentions, in passing, a working script that no other server has. Why is there no video of it? It doesn't have to be exceptionally professionally done. Something simple would suffice. After all, doing so isn't exactly going to bring any less players to the server. Since your special Twinstar currency is available, I don't see why it would hurt to involve the community in it. Hand them the raw footage and offer 50 points for whoever edits it first/best etc.

Maybe someone who handles the media part (including the main website) would be a good addition to the team.

Idd most people r muy estupido.

Maybe have a small overview of vids in the top right corner (like 6 vids or smthn).
Also a "Beginner's Tab" that gives a link to "How to connect" and gives info of World Chat and that kind of stuff.

Hi just a suggestion.
I have played alot of wow back in vanilla and never thought i would play it again, until accidentally stumped upon a twitch streamer who streamed vanilla wow on Nost... So i figured why not!.. (That is how i got made aware of Nost) I downloaded it and played for 3 days, unfortunately with alot of lag spikes and very high latency (unplayable lagg so i gave up and quit)
In a last attempt to fix my lagging, so i could play the awesome vanilla experience, i went and searched on youtube for all i could of the Nost server. That is where i first heard of Kronos! ended up downloading it and it works perfectly!
This story is just quickly to explain how far i had to dig myself into it before I even noticed a server like Kronos.

My best suggestion regarding the awareness of Kronos and increasing the population on the server is to advise as many people as possible to start stream when they play! and in their stream name highlight that it is Kronos you play on. Twitch.tv has become very popular and is being watched my millions, this is probably the fastest and cheapest way for the entire community to increase the awareness of Kronos.

Best regards
A very happy Kronos player!

I basic i do undertand that blizz is pissed that someone copyed their game and are making a name on it. but then again blizz no longer provides this game type and service, so why not?

and regarding the streaming, Nost did it (and still do it)
simpsonsdidit.png

Please listen to Schaka, it's not too late to save your server. If you continue to do nothing in ways of promoting it, you will get completely rolled over by Nostalrius. Don't hope for the autumn, don't tell yourself that "population will rise", you need to act now.

A superior product is worthless if its not properly presented.

Please listen to Schaka, it's not too late to save your server. If you continue to do nothing in ways of promoting it, you will get completely rolled over by Nostalrius. Don't hope for the autumn, don't tell yourself that "population will rise", you need to act now.

A superior product is worthless if its not properly presented.

But the pop is going up.

If you think "I'am not going to stream, because people dont want to watch me level, farm items or pvp" you might be right! and you wont have alot of viewers/followers, but they will see you relive what they had back then, and next step would be to look at you name in search for the location where you are relieving it, so they can do the same.
(This is of cause only my hypotheses!)

:D

Summer increase the population after school ends, but it slowly lowers during the holidays to raise again in September, some server have good chance to die during holidays.
nost is so terrible though, I have yet to read anyone saying they prefer the experience having tried both
I tried both, both have good and bad features, I used to play here with 1.300/1.500 peak players, but now I see the server have 900 peak players while Nos reached its record of 9.000 peak players some weeks ago.

Still, they don't transfer here, they rather play with delay.

Nos staff been smarter with their politics.

But then again, isn't Blizz pissed about streaming vanilla WoW?
They did ONE banwave. This happened literally once. They don't actively look for streamers either.

They did this, because they HAVE to enforce their copyright policy once in a while or it becomes void in a courtroom. There hasn't been a single banwave in the past 3 months and I wouldn't worry too much about it, unless you're an already established streamer.

Where can you see the ammount of poeple online on Kronos atm ? I can only find this, which seems to be all the different servers all together ?
Udklip123.JPG

Attachments

• Udklip123.JPG
    Udklip123.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 12
I think Kronos released too early, it needed to be way superior over nost to drag the people here.

I have a 60 on both nost and kronos now, Kronos is slightly better as it has less buggs and better performance, but the overall experience is just better on nost. The world being active and alive, a ton of people for dungeons, world pvp and BGs are more important than having less buggs.

I think Kronos released too early, it needed to be way superior over nost to drag the people here.

I have a 60 on both nost and kronos now, Kronos is slightly better as it has less buggs and better performance, but the overall experience is just better on nost. The world being active and alive, a ton of people for dungeons, world pvp and BGs are more important than having less buggs.

So 1-10 seconds delay on attacks is not a problem?
I pitty u.

So 1-10 seconds delay on attacks is not a problem?
I pitty u.
He might be US based. There are only ~3500 people on during US peak. The server handles that just fine without lagging. But I can only play in EU evenings, due to working fulltime, and there can be delay anywhere from 1 to 5 seconds.

I would very much like to see thoes numbers, my general feeling when playing on Kronos is that i come across fellow levelers all the time, and i see a ally now and then, im currently level 28, but in my leveling time there been loads of people my level and it hasnt been that hard finding people for instances.

Furthermore i have joined a guild which raids every sunday (hense - there must be some activity in level 60 aswell)

The only think that could get me a bit concerned is that when i type /Who 60 it says there are about 140 players online (tested the last 3 days) which isnt that much, but again plenty for PVE groups. On the other hand im not sure if it shows all that are level 60, since im guessing that have to be more people when so many guilds are raiding?

I havent been in 1 single Battleground yet due to my level (too low to rly be fun imo) but i could imagine that pvp is where Kronos lack the population (havent experienced it yet tho!)

Overall a rly good server, i would love to get more activity on the pvp side asswell but maybe there is once i reach 60? and regarding finding a people for groups, I personally havent had any issues yet (taken max 20min, which is standard also for vanilla wow ;) )

I would very much like to see thoes numbers, my general feeling when playing on Kronos is that i come across fellow levelers all the time, and i see a ally now and then, im currently level 28, but in my leveling time there been loads of people my level and it hasnt been that hard finding people for instances.

Furthermore i have joined a guild which raids every sunday (hense - there must be some activity in level 60 aswell)

The only think that could get me a bit concerned is that when i type /Who 60 it says there are about 140 players online (tested the last 3 days) which isnt that much, but again plenty for PVE groups. On the other hand im not sure if it shows all that are level 60, since im guessing that have to be more people when so many guilds are raiding?

I havent been in 1 single Battleground yet due to my level (too low to rly be fun imo) but i could imagine that pvp is where Kronos lack the population (havent experienced it yet tho!)

Overall a rly good server, i would love to get more activity on the pvp side asswell but maybe there is once i reach 60? and regarding finding a people for groups, I personally havent had any issues yet (taken max 20min, which is standard also for vanilla wow ;) )

Its only on one side,
These are stats of both sides atm

• Level 60: 258

These are stats the last 7 days, as you can see we have alot of 60s online but in diffrent times.

• Players: 7402
  • Alliance: 3826 (52%)
  • Horde: 3576 (48%)
  • Level 60: 908

Thanks. :)

Well that doesnt look so bad. :) when we are 7k online but "only" 900 of them is 60 yet. maybe people who play vanilla dont only focus on the endgame but the full nostalgish experince ? :p
Furtermore i have never been on a wow server where people are so friendly and giving (handing out free greens and enchants just to see others get higher and "stick in there". If this spirit keeps spreading over Kronos, then thoes 7k people leveling their chars, gotter reach 60 at one point ? :p (maybe in a month, maybe less? ) :)

Thanks. :)

Well that doesnt look so bad. :) when we are 7k online but "only" 900 of them is 60 yet. maybe people who play vanilla dont only focus on the endgame but the full nostalgish experince ? :p
Furtermore i have never been on a wow server where people are so friendly and giving (handing out free greens and enchants just to see others get higher and "stick in there". If this spirit keeps spreading over Kronos, then thoes 7k people leveling their chars, gotter reach 60 at one point ? :p (maybe in a month, maybe less? ) :)
You misunderstood. There are not 7000 online. There are 7000 different players who logged in over the course of a week.

Ohh.. yeah okay.. i see.. :S

Then its not looking so good. :/

Then im back to the original proposal!.. Start streaming boys and girls!. :D Lets get the word "Kronos" out there! :D

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
I streamed a couple hours of levelling last night, terrible viewer numbers but I did have a steady flow of 2 to 4 people. I was messing with the stream settings alot though as I've never done it before, I'll probably stream each night until twitch ban me I guess.
Maybe I attracted one of those viewers to check us out who knows.

Awesome! keep up the good job. I myself will try tonight to get it up and running. [If i can find my webcamp! :D]

A toast to you for being in the front and showing good initiative in The battle of populating the server! :D
neutral-indeed.png

I just wanted to say that I am loving this server. People are very helpful and friendly. I would love to see Kronos thrive!

At low levels the population seems active. As most NA players have pointed out though it is a little slower during our peak times. I am hopeful that all the lower lvl folks will stick with it!

Thanks to all who are helping to get the word out!

Top Bottom