• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Going downhill ?

I haven't seen this sort of censorship on Nos forums.... whenever Kronos is mentioned, it stays there.
On Nostalrius forum, my thread (where I was mentioning Kronos) was deleted. That thread wasn't aggresive or offensive. And they deleted whole thread. So don't tell me there isn't any censorship. Furthermore moderators on Nostalrius forum have to approve your new threads before they are released.

In reality, Kronos and Nostalrius need to work together to balance each others population for the good of both realms. The sad thing is the chance of that happening is so slim, the vanilla community may just kill itself.
What are you proposing? Character transfers?

On Nostalrius forum, my thread (where I was mentioning Kronos) was deleted. That thread wasn't aggresive or offensive. And they deleted whole thread. So don't tell me there isn't any censorship. Furthermore moderators on Nostalrius forum have to approve your new threads before they are released.

I see, so there is censorship on Nost's forums... that fucking sucks. And the whole "approving your new threads," they do that for either people who are completely new to the forums (and they require it for only the first thread of the user), or for people who have repeatedly violated forum rules.

I never violated any forum rules and still have this censoring. Its not about violating anything, its more about if they don't like what you say.
Asked to many questions I guess.

I see over 1k players right now :tongue:

You guys should focus all your shitposting power and retest some bugs.

I played from tbc to cata on Haomarush Eu, that had under 49 players online at weekdays and et weekends, maybe 50 @ max lvl. I dont mind having "only" 400 on each side.

There are almost 1100 people online right now. Anyone that says "low population" is just fucking retarded. Yes the population is low on NA hours, but who's to blame if those silly Americans have chosen "the other server"?

There are almost 1100 people online right now. Anyone that says "low population" is just fucking retarded. Yes the population is low on NA hours, but who's to blame if those silly Americans have chosen "the other server"?

This kind of anti-NA attitude is definitely part of the problem.

Speaking as an American, I'm not offended at all. The NA players (and USA players in particular) that jumped onto the hype bandwagon without spending a couple of days doing some careful testing on both severs when the chance was available WERE silly. I'm assuming Mosotti is referring to to those impatient slobs only with their broad sweeping generalization.

Last edited:
This kind of anti-NA attitude is definitely part of the problem.
You're reading it wrong. :w00t:

Speaking as an American, I'm not offended at all. The NA players (and USA players in particular) that jumped onto the hype bandwagon without spending a couple of days doing some careful testing on both severs when the chance was available WERE silly. I'm assuming Mosotti is referring to to those impatient slobs only with their broad sweeping generalization.
You're reading it right. :w00t:

Some problems people have with Kronos:
- cross-faction mounts
- character actions
- 10g respec cost
- no easily accessed video section / "what we provide other servers don't"
- no consistent video content to keep the hype alive (what do your players link their friends to convince them to switch?)
- wonky website that, while very clean, leaves much information to be desired
- When searching for addons, Vanilla, 1.12 etc, Kronos never comes up. Do some SEO work on your Twinhead, armory, etc
- apparently no mention of World channel (you can manage one server side), making the server seem like much more of a wasteland than it is
- apparently low PvP activity and no administrative incentive to do anything about it
- no pre-nerf content (not talking about items and quests)

Some things Kronos does right
- having mechanics/classes polished up
- having content released and more scheduled to be released (very important, capitalize on THIS)
- having a stable server and lots of support from Twinstar is stronger hardware is needed
- some transparency
- focusing on quality
- dynamic respawns (although they're a bit much imo)

Some issues people have with Nostalrius
- too high pop/lag/shitty respawn on resources
- bugged movement in PvP (SERIOUSLY, CASH IN ON THIS GUYS!)
- bunch of PvP bugs that are annoying and won't be addressed
- pre-nerf content not REALLY being pre-nerf, just vaguely so (SERIOUSLY, CASH IN ON THIS GUYS!)
- missing features and missing content
- no transparency
- lots of gold exploits at the start, putting people far ahead
- honor system hardcapped and not 100% blizzlike

What Nostalrius does right:
- SEO, you can almost NOT avoid finding them on the internet searching anything (vanilla) WoW related
- creating more hype by consistently releasing content videos (even if content comes slowly)
- attracting players who have literally never played WoW before by advertising the "true experience"
- having a well designed website that provides all the information you need (or at least the information to cash in on players)

Take from that, what you will. Personally, I only "play" Vanilla to hold me over until TBC. I didn't even intend to play, but developing Questie got me into the game again. I'm now level 44 (very casually got up there) on Nostalrius and have a lot of my spare time invested (which I don't have due to working a LOT). If I do make it to 60, I plan on PvPing, but currently I do not see that as a possibility as a melee on Nostalrius. Therefore I am on the verge of switching due to some of the issue mentioned above, but with the way x1 is, I'm quite commited already and am still holding out a bit of hope for them to run a second realm (or as they said, upgrade the hardware to handle 10k players).
That being said, I think a lot of players are in the same boat as I am. Convince us to switch, make it obvious that Kronos is the better choice and convince us that the population won't dwindle once we've invested another 7 days /played on Kronos after switching (I cannot press the importance of SEO enough here, SEM for all I care).

I think a lot of players on Nostalrius are extremely frustrated atm and you can really cash in on that, be the lifeboat to their sinking ship. However, having a high quality server only doesn't mean shit if you can't promote it properly. Take a look at the time Vanilla was almost dead and Valkyrie was the only somewhat quality server around. They didn't bother listening to the community and they didn't bother with advertisement (that includes voting sites) at all. When they really had a chance at making it, they blew it. And that's really all there is to it. Don't let Kronos become the same way. I am already convinced it is better than Nost, but to play this game, it requires more things than just being better (namely, players) and people really need to be convinced they won't waste their time (again).

tl;dr promotion is key

- cross-faction mounts - AGREE: Yea I guess some people don't like it, wouldn't be a big deal to change that.
- character actions - DISAGREE: I do not see this as a problem, there will always be a black market for characters in games, so why not make an auction system that supports the server?
- 10g respec cost - DISAGREE: Promotes PvP (cause of proper specs), allowes people to test things.
- no easily accessed video section / "what we provide other servers don't" - AGREE: I guess so, sure why not, but not that important imo.
- no consistent video content to keep the hype alive (what do your players link their friends to convince them to switch?) - NEUTRAL: Sure why not, but I prefer them working on fixing bugs n' stuff.
- wonky website that, while very clean, leaves much information to be desired - AGREE: Perhaps make a clear list of what is missing.
- When searching for addons, Vanilla, 1.12 etc, Kronos never comes up. Do some SEO work on your Twinhead, armory, etc. - NEUTRAL: Meh.
- apparently no mention of World channel (you can manage one server side), making the server seem like much more of a wasteland than it is - AGREE :smile:
- apparently low PvP activity and no administrative incentive to do anything about it - DISAGREE: Most people don't care about it.
- no pre-nerf content (not talking about items and quests) - DISAGREE: Am I wrong or is this a simple problem with private servers? If Blizzard released all their shizzle for every patch couldn't u update the server just like in retail? Well thing is they don't. Staff would need to put way 2 much time into new codings / numbers etc. just to go from 1 patch to another... right?

Take from that, what you will. Personally, I only "play" Vanilla to hold me over until TBC. I didn't even intend to play, but developing Questie got me into the game again. I'm now level 44 (very casually got up there) on Nostalrius and have a lot of my spare time invested (which I don't have due to working a LOT). If I do make it to 60, I plan on PvPing, but currently I do not see that as a possibility as a melee on Nostalrius. Therefore I am on the verge of switching due to some of the issue mentioned above, but with the way x1 is, I'm quite commited already and am still holding out a bit of hope for them to run a second realm (or as they said, upgrade the hardware to handle 10k players).
That being said, I think a lot of players are in the same boat as I am. Convince us to switch, make it obvious that Kronos is the better choice and convince us that the population won't dwindle once we've invested another 7 days /played on Kronos after switching (I cannot press the importance of SEO enough here, SEM for all I care).

I see, well I wouldn't rely on them updating hardware. I don't know nost staff but it's just the general experience I had with private servers.

I think a lot of players on Nostalrius are extremely frustrated atm and you can really cash in on that, be the lifeboat to their sinking ship.

Idd, should use this, most Kronos players dont want a 5k server, but I won't say no to 1k newcomers.

Convince us to switch, make it obvious that Kronos is the better choice
From your own post it's clear that it's the best choice...

convince us that the population won't dwindle once we've invested another 7 days /played on Kronos after switching
Nobody can guarantee that, because people tend to be mostly fucked in the head, otherwise they wouldn't have flocked to the other server only because it had 30 days advance, for the obvious reason that it's a shit server and had to pull a shit like this to have an advantage.

The thing is that if people only care about "population, population, population" and they don't care about quality, you can't do anything to convince them. If Nostalrius REALLY has the problems described and people are still playing on it and still saying even here "Nostalrius is great, I've seen 1 bug only", then they are fucking retarded and fuck me if I want to see them around... The OBVIOUS solution is to TRY the other server... But maybe they don't even notice those "problems" or they don't give a fuck about them, or they don't exists as described by some, in that case you can't tell them about "quality"...

- character actions - DISAGREE: I do not see this as a problem, there will always be a black market for characters in games, so why not make an auction system that supports the server?
- 10g respec cost - DISAGREE: Promotes PvP (cause of proper specs), allowes people to test things.
You misunderstood. These are, by the community, largely reiterated points. I personally like both of these, because I wanna be able to respec frequently between PvE and PvP, but other players genuinely see this as an issue.

At the same time, "there will always be a blackmarket" still applies to this situation. People who want to sell their chars want to see real money coming their way. You can only really prevent some buyers from going the illegal way.

You misunderstood. These are, by the community, largely reiterated points. I personally like both of these, because I wanna be able to respec frequently between PvE and PvP, but other players genuinely see this as an issue.

At the same time, "there will always be a blackmarket" still applies to this situation. People who want to sell their chars want to see real money coming their way. You can only really prevent some buyers from going the illegal way.

Sure, it's up to opinion, still I see this as a rather unimportant factor and I am sure it will not be changed.

Sorry but I still cannot see any problem with char auction. What would u do? Remember this is a system that ->does not hurt anyone<- and supports the server at the same time.

- cross-faction mounts
- character actions
- 10g respec cost
- no easily accessed video section / "what we provide other servers don't"
- no consistent video content to keep the hype alive (what do your players link their friends to convince them to switch?)
- wonky website that, while very clean, leaves much information to be desired
- When searching for addons, Vanilla, 1.12 etc, Kronos never comes up. Do some SEO work on your Twinhead, armory, etc
- apparently no mention of World channel (you can manage one server side), making the server seem like much more of a wasteland than it is
- apparently low PvP activity and no administrative incentive to do anything about it
- no pre-nerf content (not talking about items and quests)

leaves much information to be desired

Cant you explain more about this?
I cant really see any differs from Nostrils site then Kronos only that Kronos has alot more content.

Go look at their website again. Bunch of trailers, "why vanilla", login, features, server facts, news, everything available at short hand and more wow-themed.

There is one link to youtube on kronos-wow.com and also a tab called "Media" with all the videos.

I think it is easily accessible for anyone.

The only downside Kronos has is that the forum trolls from 4chan and reddit managed to give it a bad stigma and mentally challenged members of the vanilla community (50-80%) were swayed.

My suggestion, play here.
Right now we got some major problems in PvP with combat mode getting stuck etc, but once this is fixed (which should be soon) I can't think of a better place to play on.

Therefore I am on the verge of switching due to some of the issue mentioned above, but with the way x1 is, I'm quite commited already and am still holding out a bit of hope for them to run a second realm (or as they said, upgrade the hardware to handle 10k players).

I think a lot of players on Nostalrius are extremely frustrated atm and you can really cash in on that, be the lifeboat to their sinking ship. However, having a high quality server only doesn't mean shit if you can't promote it properly.

tl;dr promotion is key

Pretty much this. There has been alot of talk on the forums on what to do, how to boost numbers, how to advertise etc. If there is any time for the Kronos team or players to actually commit to something, the time is now. More videos, more media, more publicity.

There is one link to youtube on kronos-wow.com and also a tab called "Media" with all the videos.

I think it is easily accessible for anyone.
Talk to people in marketing and they will tell you how ineffective that is.

I talked to a bunch of people on Nostalrius, and the largest amount didn't even know Kronos existed. So the trick is to make it appear (and make it appear better) when they look for something (vanilla) wow related, since they won't actively look for a new server.

Talk to people in marketing and they will tell you how ineffective that is.

I talked to a bunch of people on Nostalrius, and the largest amount didn't even know Kronos existed. So the trick is to make it appear (and make it appear better) when they look for something (vanilla) wow related, since they won't actively look for a new server.

Kronos has more media on the site then Nostril i dont understand what you are talking about...

But much less coverage. Kronos can have 100 videos, but they would be worthless if only 100 people ever seen them.

Coverage is nothing that staff can do anything about mostly, not in privateservers.
And he was not talking about coverage, he was talking about MEDIA ON THE HOMEPAGE.

Top Bottom