• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

I guess I'll be the one to say it

Forfun

I understand Kronos had a rough beta, and got trash talked to from Nostalrius players and even this very community, but I honestly hope they have a good launch. It seems quite difficult to be able to handle the amount of players. Goodluck Nostalrius and Kronos both, as long as the players are happy.

I understand Kronos had a rough beta, and got trash talked to from Nostalrius players and even this very community, but I honestly hope they have a good launch. It seems quite difficult to be able to handle the amount of players. Goodluck Nostalrius and Kronos both, as long as the players are happy.

It looks like Nostalrius has massive server problems, too.

I can't currently log into Nos myself.

However there are a few streamers streaming Nos. It seems that the server itself is pretty stable, albeit crowded. /who says over 1.1k players online. Apparently its bugged and shows alliance and horde side, have no idea if that is true or not.

The server itself seems stable, there seems to be issues with the login server.

The difference between nostalrius and kronos issues is nostalrius is only login server issues, kronos was world server issues. Now I don't hate either project I wish the best to both

I got to level 2 before the server restart and the login server problem.

I've noticed that the Peons never sleep. They just stand there doing nothing. On Kronos, they were snoozing away. This tells something.

And I understood there's a War Effort NPC quest giver in Orgrimmar, so fail.

LE: Still can't log in 2 hours after the server restart to "fix the login problems". I'm giving up.

Last edited:
Watched some guy streaming from Nostalrius as well (http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/) and they were able to do the AQ War Effort Quest in Orgrimmar at level 4, made them level up to 5 instantly. The quest text for it was in French too. Coupled with what Kveld said it doesn't exactly seem convincing to me...

EDIT: Added a screenshot if anyone wants to see what I'm talking about, check the chat in the bottom left corner: http://i.imgur.com/A2wCfSj.jpg

Last edited:
I was watching some streams for Nost's launch as I couldn't log in. Go figure. The bugs in the starting zones were hilarious. I also saw the AQ war effort NPC starter quest complete for maximum experience reward... on a reputed 1.4 patch set server. I laughed.

Here's some quick gems too. Confirmed hackers made it to level 30 by the 20 minute mark of launch, forcing a server take down and restart to purge those accounts. Dupes are working too. And flyhacking? Funny enough, that was talked about as well.

1425149021666.jpg

Take your time, Kronos. I want to Beta Test the heck out of your server since I can actually log on to it without issues. I'm playing Skyrim until then.

Edit - feel free to remove loads of end game gear and GM gear from the commands granting stuff to created characters. I'm content to use Crafted gear for the most part.

Last edited:
I see some video from Nos....try to connect around 3h and just give up.Plant's vs Zombies 2 Time :laugh:

I was watching some streams for Nost's launch as I couldn't log in. Go figure. The bugs in the starting zones were hilarious. I also saw the AQ war effort NPC starter quest complete for maximum experience reward... on a reputed 1.4 patch set server. I laughed.

Here's some quick gems too. Confirmed hackers made it to level 30 by the 20 minute mark of launch, forcing a server take down and restart to purge those accounts. Dupes are working too. And flyhacking? Funny enough, that was talked about as well.

View attachment 6773

Take your time, Kronos. I want to Beta Test the heck out of your server since I can actually log on to it without issues. I'm playing Skyrim until then.

Edit - feel free to remove loads of end game gear and GM gear from the commands granting stuff to created characters. I'm content to use Crafted gear for the most part.
Woaw! If someone find bugs on Nos please share them here (with Screenshots if possible). Everytime I hear bug from Nos Its hilarious (like Cleave doing damage to friendly targets). Also to check if Kronos has the same bugs when the Open Beta resumes.

PS: Playing Guild Wars 2 while waiting. Preparing my Guardian for the expansion.

Last edited:
For my part, i've been trying to get on the server since it was 17:55 and now it's 4 hours later and i still haven't got a chance to even see the character screen. Oh well.. even if i got spam dc'd on Kronos beta, at least i could log in.

By our beta test, its not going to be the same.. D/C non stop with half the people..
And how do you know that? it's the first day of beta testing. It's funny how people straight away get to conclusion in beta. This is why betas should be closed and not open. People who get in open beta assume that it's final release which is totally retarded.

I just made a nelf character, and it doesn't seem like their population scripts are working (exist?) for mob respawns. There were crowds of lvl 1s gathered around all the spawn locations of the boars/nightstalkers because they were taking so long to respawn.

Edit: Server appears to have crashed.

But it's Beta, it's not so interesting, nothing to achieve. Online on release will be better... At least I hope we'll attract those who don't want War Efforts start too soon :p

Once the disconnect issues are gone there will be no reasonable alternative to Kronos.

Oh man. Didn't realize how unprepared Nost was. What about the guild GRIZZLY? Didn't they get handed gear on a different server by a gm from nost? I heard some stories but nothing confirmed.

But it's Beta, it's not so interesting, nothing to achieve. Online on release will be better... At least I hope we'll attract those who don't want War Efforts start too soon :p
I actually got in. And then Nost crashed with a load of 4,150+ players. Lol. That's a considerable amount really. Which means there IS a huge demand for a well made 1.12.1 server.

If Kronos is able to resume Beta testing around this same time frame that I'm posting (good for both NA and EU), I think Kronos will top over 2k easily for the load, assuming the crash fixes are in place to make it stable.

Edit - I'm done talking about Nost. After exploring, testing, and checking latency, I'm not seeing much of anything that's better than Valkyrie, but with a ping that's worse than Feenix. With some of the spawns, it's worse. I'll pass.

Last edited:
Their number shows both fractions (but it is still a huge number) ... at least thats what I was told when people compared aliance and horde streamers and got the same number +-2 ppl.

It's hard for me to believe there's 4194 people online in Tirisfal Glades in the picture. If there were....you wouldn't only have 9 people on screen. Sure, there would be a lot in other places, but there would still be well over a hundred or more in front of you. I remember hearing Scriptcraft did something like add numbers to the overall number(since you can only see 50 there's no way to verify the total number) while I played on it, and I remember the /who saying there were over 2000 people online on that server....there weren't.

I'm not calling out Nostalrius for doing the same thing....but something reaaaaaaaaally seems fishy to me.

If that were the total numbers for the server, I'd be much more inclined to believe it.

Top Bottom