• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

I guess I'll be the one to say it

@ GOD: That seems to be the problem nowadays, most servers don't feedback with MangosZero, thus become incompatible for many patches and updates done by the team...

Would be interested to know which Version is in use, but i agree, would be astonished if they had LUA.

I've run series of /who with filters (each class and level separated) and with help of addon Census+ with turned on verbose mode i counted on alliance side (i didn't counted horde side as well as shamans, obviously) 1690 players. We can assume that horde and alliance will be +- same. So it gives us 3380 players total. Who command stated there is around 3400 players online, which is very accurate.

Note: /who returns maximum of 49 players. This happend twice during my test: for warriors on levels 4 and 5. But i don't think it matters to much, because i don't expect that there will be a lot more warriors on those levels.

It's possible that they can somehow modify /who to returns bigger numbers, but for now i think that their player count is legit.

those who are interested in exact numbers: spreadsheet on Gdocs

I've heard things about player bots, for example, from people certain they saw them. The same bots they used for their "stress test". Myself, I wasn't there so that's why I'm not stating it as a fact.

So I made a char in Nos. Apparently the first quest giver in dwarf area won't give the quests anymore if you've logged out before taking them. After relog you can't interact with him. Tried to do with clean wow with another char but same happens. I wasn't even planning playing there anyway because beta, but this test ended sooner than I expected. :smile:

wouldn't be so sure about the numbers... there's all sorts of talk about them not being legit

Exactly.

There's rarely a chance anyone can prove from the /who tab IMHO.

Actually I got no clue but in my 11 years of WoW (retail & private projects) I always had the maximum displayed number of 49 players when using the /who method.

So I'm pretty much confused as shit right now xD

Still I'd rather like to see some of the server protocols to prove the real number of accounts trying to sign in ^^

I've heard things about player bots, for example, from people certain they saw them. The same bots they used for their "stress test". Myself, I wasn't there so that's why I'm not stating it as a fact.

That would explain a couple of things, I suppose.

I mean, i'm not going to pretend I have any in depth knowledge about servers, but seeing how they apparently had close to 5k players online at one point...distribute those over the starting zones + add the lvl+5 zones on top of it and we have at least 300~ players in all those individual zones running around.

Put that many on a retail wow server RIGHT NOW and it will crash it mushroom cloud style.

Yet on nos, with that amount of "players" I was rocking 30ms and barely any desyncing. Yeah, dunno, not really buying it.

I suppose they should try to hook Blizzard up with their server provider, as they are apparently more capable than what retail is running on right now. French magic.

Last edited:
Just tested basics on Nos. And nothing work correctly, even npc LoS. Npc running trough trees. No chance to kite anything, mobs just cut path xD so moving mechanics totally sad.
Blood of Heroes placed at few regular places, not random. Same with mining/herb.

I am not sure how to test this and see for myself. Mind making a video or posting some screenshots?

That would explain a couple of things, I suppose.

I mean, i'm not going to pretend I have any in depth knowledge about servers, but seeing how they apparently had close to 5k players online at one point...distribute those over the starting zones + add the lvl+5 zones on top of it and we have at least 300~ players in all those individual zones running around.

Put that many on a retail wow server RIGHT NOW and it will crash it mushroom cloud style.

Yet on nos, with that amount of "players" I was rocking 30ms and barely any desyncing. Yeah, dunno, not really buying it.

I suppose they should try to hook Blizzard up with their server provider, as they are apparently more capable than what retail is running on right now. French magic.

What are you not really buying? I mean it is conceivable that they have done enough tests and rock the hardware that is able to sustain this performance on an 11 year old game. I mean there doesn't seem to be anything 'fishy' going on.

Seeing how you can crash retail servers with less players than what was statistically present on individual zones on Nos, I dunno, as a layman that strikes me as a bit odd. Put that many people in a single zone on retail right now, and that zone will simply crash.

Stop lying guys, there are no bots or something like that, I played in each start zone, I chatted with a lot of people and no one talk to me like "a bot"

Make...no offence but...Simple say 4k online... 6 starting zone...so 4000:6=around 666 person around you.From what i see in best case they was around 50 ppl....say it 100....but trust me..you will know if see 200 ppl around u jumping/spaming and do sh i t :smile:

People were streaming the launch. Just open a livestream video and count the people you see, if you don't believe in bots :biggrin:

I was also watching the streams yesterday.

The streamer was running around in Mulgore when someone opens trade with him and tries to trade him 3000 or 30000 gold. Cant remember which.

Really? REALLY? After less than 12 hours since release someone has already managed to somehow get thath ammount of money? Fks sake

Make...no offence but...Simple say 4k online... 6 starting zone...so 4000:6=around 666 person around you.From what i see in best case they was around 50 ppl....say it 100....but trust me..you will know if see 200 ppl around u jumping/spaming and do sh i t
Indeed, maybe Illuminati are behind Nos.
For your information, people doesn't wait in the start zone when they have done the first quests. You know you can move to Dun Morogh, Durotar, westfall, etc ... ? Move on to each zone and you will see that you cant move your camera without seeing many players. Im in the Frostmane cave atm, and ther are at least 50 players ... Mob are killed instant by 4 guys ...
Or maybe you can show me where Nos has hidden many players ?
Stop trolling guy, hope to see the same population in Kronos

Last edited:
Ye....Ppl start level 1 and go to zone who is 10-15...
Troll+orc=1 start zone
Dwarf+gnome=1 startin zone
Human,elf,tauren,undeath-Single starting zone/4/
So still cant belive If 600 ppl star at same zone(orc+troll ) all 500 will go away and be coz of that u gonna see 100 :smile:

i dont think, that nost has some bots or similar thing... i saw what i saw. yes, maybe there is some bugs or exploits or whatever, but it was supposed (in Kronos too, nothing is perfect)

im only sad a little bit, cause i know that chero has better scripted quest etc. (i was on Kronos from the start -called Kronos1- and i think that a lot of works was made from devs side)
and yes, im patriot

so its fine to have 2 new servers and if someone is sarching quality or quantity its his choice (and his choice is good for him, its his right)

i dont judge nobody and nothing, but i hope that Kronos devs will be rewarded =) with nice number of online players ofcourse

so i keep my fingers crossed

A muted stream by twitch, only 2 things happened, he got 50g trade window and then something like 20k (or 200k gold). He didn´t accept any, but it still shows you that the economy can be damaged quite badly.

Yes. Next level money duping. It's ED all over again, sweet. Gold cap after a couple of hours. Well played.

Thanks for posting that to prove what I said.

It's poor, really poor. I really hope there wont be anyhing like this on Kronos. :)

/script SILVER_PER_GOLD=0.0000000001

Yup, totally a dupe. LOL, any more propaganda?

It seems Nost fans can hate Kronos, but when they get pointed out on something true or not, they jump on it and react quite hostile. Glad I won't be there. I made this topic to congratulate and never got one thanks, yet alone recognition from a Nost player.

Top Bottom