• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

I guess I'll be the one to say it

Yea, no fishyness going on, just 4k total players online. Which is great. Seems like a good server. Only difference I have seen with my own eyes from Kronos and Nos is the peons in the orc/troll starting area. Peons were just standing like lemons looking at the tree, on Kronos they were actually working and sleeping. Apart from that it seems like a decent server. Will have a few more comments once I made it past level 5.

Weird. I just got on with a different account name than I created earlier. Maybe brand new accounts don't work. I'll post my thoughts on the server later I suppose if people really want to know.

Update: Can't even really play. I get DC'd like every 1-2 minutes.

Last edited:
It's hard for me to believe there's 4194 people online in Tirisfal Glades in the picture. If there were....you wouldn't only have 9 people on screen. Sure, there would be a lot in other places, but there would still be well over a hundred or more in front of you. I remember hearing Scriptcraft did something like add numbers to the overall number(since you can only see 50 there's no way to verify the total number) while I played on it, and I remember the /who saying there were over 2000 people online on that server....there weren't.

I'm not calling out Nostalrius for doing the same thing....but something reaaaaaaaaally seems fishy to me.

If that were the total numbers for the server, I'd be much more inclined to believe it.

dude, it was packed as hell that was a more secluded area this is what it looked like :
http://i.imgur.com/DyJNnvg.jpg?1

what im saying is that nostalrius stability on such big numbers really impressed me, 4000+ online and i had 40 ms and no lag... i hope kronos does as well, as far as quests go i cant really say how well they are scipted because i have been playing for around 2-3 hours and barley got lvl 3 :D so hard to get any mobs :S
and no that number is not 4000 in that zone, that is /who for the whole server

Update: Can't even really play. I get DC'd like every 1-2 minutes.
Me too. Unplayable. It's weird.. apparently, just few people have this problem. But when I am in game, I must say it is very stable, almost no lag.

But these bugs what you guys posted here are really tragic. I still believe, Kronos is much higher class than Nostalrius.
Btw, you will not see most of bugs until you ding some higher lvl. So, determining if is Nostalrius decent server, just by content in starting zones... is not wise. And -- only starting quest (NPCs) which needs some scripting - Lazy Peons, is bugged, as you say. So... that is not very good.

Apparently Nost is having just as many connection problems as the Kronos beta. I tried to test it myself and I kept getting stuck at "Unable to Connect" when trying to login to their server. Seems to be a common issue.

Apparently Nost is having just as many connection problems as the Kronos beta. I tried to test it myself and I kept getting stuck at "Unable to Connect" when trying to login to their server. Seems to be a common issue.

Ironically it seems as though if you have an old account, you can use it to connect...if you just created one on the new site...it won't work.

Also there are some serious rubberbanding issues on Nos...just like on Feenix. And the server doesn't seem stable...if you're in an area with a lot of people (like the starting zone town area), you get disconnected all the time. I wouldn't call that stable.

Last edited:
Ironically it seems as though if you have an old account, you can use it to connect...if you just created one on the new site...it won't work.

Also there are some serious rubberbanding issues on Nos...just like on Feenix. And the server doesn't seem stable...if you're in an area with a lot of people (like the starting zone town area), you get disconnected all the time. I wouldn't call that stable.

Disconnecting every 1 1/2 - 2 hrs isn't all the time and there really isn't any rubberbanding all you kronos guys say nostal fanboys spread lies, seems you guys spread just as many.

Ya I haven't seen any rubberbanding, I've only experienced some lag issues and a couple of disconnects, but it's first day of release so I'm not surprised.

wouldn't be so sure about the numbers... there's all sorts of talk about them not being legit

I've run series of /who with filters (each class and level separated) and with help of addon Census+ with turned on verbose mode i counted on alliance side (i didn't counted horde side as well as shamans, obviously) 1690 players. We can assume that horde and alliance will be +- same. So it gives us 3380 players total. Who command stated there is around 3400 players online, which is very accurate.

Note: /who returns maximum of 49 players. This happend twice during my test: for warriors on levels 4 and 5. But i don't think it matters to much, because i don't expect that there will be a lot more warriors on those levels.

It's possible that they can somehow modify /who to returns bigger numbers, but for now i think that their player count is legit.

those who are interested in exact numbers: spreadsheet on Gdocs

Last edited:
There was no rubberbanding for me, occasional lag spikes, that is all.
Of course I couldn't log in for quite amount of time but that was just expected, it's release.
I was very impressed with server stability until i watched https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpCWaRyqZcI&feature=youtu.be
i will hold judgement for now :tongue:

I've seen some people wallhacking or tping, got busted after an hour or so.

Some other stuff i (we) found:
1. Exploit in Ravenholdt was working.
2. From time to time i got Flametongue Weapon procs while having Rockbiter Weapon on.
3. As said above AQ war effort quest.
4. Harpies in Durotar in nests are unpullable(evading)
5. I'm not sure if that's incorrect but beasts like boars or hyenas don't swim, they just stand on the river bank evading as well.

Just tested basics on Nos. And nothing work correctly, even npc LoS. Npc running trough trees. No chance to kite anything, mobs just cut path xD so moving mechanics totally sad.
Blood of Heroes placed at few regular places, not random. Same with mining/herb.

Last edited:
I've seen an effort on pathfinding and collisions in comparison with other servers but yeah it's a mess. And I was able to cast through objects sometimes.
Though, if the numbers are real, once you're logged in, the serv was really stable. A few lags from France.

Disconnecting every 1 1/2 - 2 hrs isn't all the time and there really isn't any rubberbanding all you kronos guys say nostal fanboys spread lies, seems you guys spread just as many.

Where did I say hours? I said minutes. And sorry, as far as I got was with the starting zone towns. There was rubberbanding everywhere, possibly because there were so many players online and in the same area. And before you say "yeah, that's expected", no...it's not. They claim to be stable. They're clearly not as stable as they say they are.

It seems as though Nos players are furiously intent on changing people's words...or they just lack reading comprehension :lol:

Last edited:
Every server has the same problems on launch.

Having worked myself on a private server on the database and knowing the problems, well... i will judge by the ammount of bugs. The Peons tell a lot, but ouh oh, even the latest MangosZero version, which every decent private server uses, is still so buggy... after what, now 10 years?

Right now the spawnrate is too low on Nos, can't really quest...What i find strange about Nos is it's clear timetable. Launch of that then and then.... which shows they are convinced of their server to be just perfect. It can't be. It's always a work in progress.

Take your time here, Kronos devs. Can make a launch like limited to level 20 to fix the bugs till then, for all i care... quality above all. And if you need a decent person capable of working on the database, just ask.

To those who said I was lying, I took a video while I ran around a little bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi9lT9VmfYM&feature=youtu.be

Is it the worst? Not right now, no. But when there were a lot more people running around the beginning area, it was awful. Everyone was rubberbanding.

As for the tree issue, I tried it with several different mobs, seemed to work great. They ran around the trees after me.

Last edited:
Of course theirs problems, whether people lie about it or not. Just ironic I suppose.

Idk about pets, but mobs not even skipping trees, they agro trough walls. This is a shame! The only thing i was impressed is 3k+ online and good ping.

Wow guys, your experience really does sound awful! As for me, the only issue I'm currently experiencing is insufficent amount of spawned mobs. Well, cant blame anyone for not adjusting that shit, I personally expected it t have like what, 1,5k online? 2k? Certainly not 4k on server release, and still 3k 8 hours after. General stability is pretty satisfying, been like 4h since the last disconnect. At the very start, login servers were getting fucked, but now everything is smooth as fuck, especially after escaping the starter zones.

I'm very impressed by their server stability and my very reasonable latency considering how far from the servers I am.

The praises end here though as it looks exactly the same as when I started a char on feenix 6 month ago before discovering Kronos... Peons not sleeping, mob pathing issues, sound fx issues. Blah.

At least with such high population it definitely looks like there can be 2 servers operating at the same time although I get a feeling feenix players will quickly realize the same bugs are here and they'd rather stick to their established server.

See you in the beta.

@ Ghostly

Ofc. there will be a impressive number of players, just how many of the Kronos community do you think are taking a look at it? They basically have both communities on their server right now. That was to be expected, imo.

Been testing all day, I always kept a neutral stance on both projects, never going all fanboy on people that bitch about either project etc.

First, I'm positively surprised with their server stability, even though they have such a big influx of players right now. I guess thats the result of their previous beta-testing in preperation for the launch.

There were issues of course, but the overall stability is way better than I expected. I was pretty sure to see it being down for at least a whole day.

Now the bad shit: First scripting impression: mediocre at best. I'm sorry to say but it kinda reminded me of Feenix. Stuff like the peons, general mob behaviour while not interacting with players, weird pathing, etc.

Mobs once engaged seemed to work a lot better than on Feenix tho, at least I didn't experience much rubberbanding, mobs glitching around in the air and that kind of stuff.

When it came to "splitting mobs", making a mutliple mob pull reset so you can deal with one at a time, I noticed multiple issues. That again was pretty Feenix like. Threat seemed to be a bit off as well.

For example, after adding a whole camp of Furbolgs in Teldrassil (without any reason actually, I simply tagged one and then suddenly all Furbolgs in a radius of like 20 meter came charging at me, stacking up inside each other, without spreading out at all) I simply ran away, waiting for them to reset, which they eventually did, however, to my surprise, they simple switched target. 2 other Players were walking by, none of them engaged the Furbolgs in any way whatsoever, they were a good 10-15m away from them when the Furbolgs suddenly decided to go ham on them. Wrecking them both without any possible aggro on their side. Odd.

Mob spawning is completely broken and it even appears to be much less than it would be by default.

In every starting area, there seem to be at least a couple of quests that are completely broken and just don't work at all.
Some class quests are impossible to complete as well, completely bugged. NE Rogue quest, for example.

Basically, the content that should be the most polished upon launching the server, the first content you will encounter, your very first impression... is not working on a satisfying level.

I really expected more after both projects threw so much shit at Feenix, yet Nos, at least, does not seem to be so much superior to justify that attitude.

The Hack detection seems to be not working completely either. Encountered a Speedhacking player, as well as one fyling/telporting around, and no, it was no lag, as the server itself seemed to run surprisingly well, which I mentioned already. Kudos for that, at least.

Now to something that really made me cringe. AQ War Effort quests anyone? How was that again? 1.4 - progressive content release? Yeah? Tell that to the NPC handing out War Effort quests, granting you a instant level 5, lol.

I don't even know how that could not have been noticed before launch...Sorry.

That was just the stuff I personally encountered and witnessed. There were also a lot more rumors spreading around about certain notorious guilds already having found game breaking exploits when it comes to leveling and what not. Can't confirm, don't care. I'm already done with that project.

Looking forward to tomorrows beta again.

See you guys there!

I find it funny when people complain about stuff now, I wonder how many people played back then during 1.9 patch days when nothing at all worked, then Mangos came out then semi stuff worked. Things take time and i'm pretty sure the Kronos core isn't running in LUA.

Cya 3 Pm at Kronos...nothing to say more :D
PS:Just watch some steam from Nost...15lv lock farm 28lv mobs and no any problem......:lol:

Top Bottom