• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

[K2] The Current State of AV is a Big Problem

Great changes, finally i can remove my youtube video. Hated making it but something had to be done about pvp on this server...

Wait wat? I will be able to play wsg and ab now? To bad it took this long to actually act on the AV madness.

Skickat från min SM-N910F via Tapatalk

Wonder how many Premades in WSG and AB I will now have to face compared to other pugs on a consistent basis. The last thing I want is to trade 15 min pve sessions into 5 min losing streaks.

Wonder how many Premades in WSG and AB I will now have to face compared to other pugs on a consistent basis. The last thing I want is to trade 15 min pve sessions into 5 min losing streaks.

AV will still be there, if you want to play pug vs pug there will be lots of it in there.

Sure there will be pugs in WSG and AB aswell, however i do think that about half of everyone in WSG will be making a premade. Best way to fight that is to join a premade, its just like playing in a pug but more fun - unless you hate playing well.

AV will still be there, if you want to play pug vs pug there will be lots of it in there.

Sure there will be pugs in WSG and AB aswell, however i do think that about half of everyone in WSG will be making a premade. Best way to fight that is to join a premade, its just like playing in a pug but more fun - unless you hate playing well.

i would agree with that if AV was what AV used to be 1.4 but its not. All this is doing is changing a terrible BG that had fantastic honor to a terrible BG with crap honor for 28 days a month. If honor is the driving factor that determines most pvp bg encounters then all that will change is that another BG will take AVs place as the dominating BG, and in a month we will have a very similar conversation about what is going on with that new BG.

But the decked out premades are gonna have the time of their lives

Sigh,

Now its gonna be like K1 PVP, puggers are gonna be gy farmed 24/7 in wsg, wich will lead to (atleast for me) stop playing PVP alltogether. No i dont like playing AV all the time, but atleast i get something out of it when we face the 6-7 min premade!

Sigh,

Now its gonna be like K1 PVP, puggers are gonna be gy farmed 24/7 in wsg, wich will lead to (atleast for me) stop playing PVP alltogether. No i dont like playing AV all the time, but atleast i get something out of it when we face the 6-7 min premade!
Playing should be about having fun tho, and if you only want to play in pugs, it should be equally boring for you to lose in 6 minutes while doing nothing in AV and having the same thing happen in WSG. Except now people that like organized PVP and actually fighting other players will have more fun.

And isnt it better that some people have more fun, than nobody?

And if you think AV was fun because it was easy honor, then you arent there to PVP anyways so it might be best for you to stop PVPing.

Playing should be about having fun tho, and if you only want to play in pugs, it should be equally boring for you to lose in 6 minutes while doing nothing in AV and having the same thing happen in WSG. Except now people that like organized PVP and actually fighting other players will have more fun.

And if you think AV was fun because it was easy honor, then you arent there to PVP anyways so it might be best for you to stop PVPing.

Huh? So puggers, who have enjoyed AV, should now be happy because premades get to have fun in WSG just because AV is less PvP than WSG? What? Might sound crazy but I'd think the puggers care a bit more about how much fun they're having, instead of how much fun premades are having.

I'll say this again: There is no PvP in playing WSG against good premades. None. There might be PvP against shitty premades, but if you play enough against the good ones, a lot of people will eventually lose any interest in even trying as soon as they realize they're up against a premade.

As a pugger myself, whose 1 of the main reasons for playing here is PvP, I'd take losing in AV in 6 minutes over losing in WSG in 6 minutes any day. That's how much cancer I think premades are. But at the same time, I'd also take losing an hour long WSG against a pug over any kind of AV I could think of any day.

Huh? So puggers, who have enjoyed AV, should now be happy because premades get to have fun in WSG just because AV is less PvP than WSG? What? Might sound crazy but I'd think the puggers care a bit more about how much fun they're having, instead of how much fun premades are having.

I'll say this again: There is no PvP in playing WSG against good premades. None. There might be PvP against shitty premades, but if you play enough against the good ones, a lot of people will eventually lose any interest in even trying as soon as they realize they're up against a premade.

As a pugger myself, whose 1 of the main reasons for playing here is PvP, I'd take losing in AV in 6 minutes over losing in WSG in 6 minutes any day. That's how much cancer I think premades are. But at the same time, I'd also take losing an hour long WSG against a pug over any kind of AV I could think of any day.

Sorry i wasnt trying to say that puggers should have less fun than premades. What i was trying to say is that nobody had fun before. Now atleast some people can have fun.

Why are you assuming i do nothing in AV? Im engaging in combat were ever i can, some games i defend, some games i play offence. You have infested this debate with that all people are afk, (yes this is a problem, but not nearly as big as you make it to be)

The sole reason you want this is to control who gets to get into your made up "brackets" in honorstandings.

And thanks for your encouraging words, this is a very good way to keep people on the server!
No i dont think its fun cause of honor, i think its worth playing the bg because of it. Would there be equal settings for AB, WSG, i would que them aswell.

Im not in a hurry to rankup or compete, i want to pvp and have fun. See the difference?

Sorry i wasnt trying to say that puggers should have less fun than premades. What i was trying to say is that nobody had fun before. Now atleast some people can have fun.

That's a bit of a bold statement.

So you're saying that, despite the fact there's been more people in battlegrounds than there were before AV, nobody's been having any fun, because the only battlegrounds you could have fun in are WSG and AB? But if people do AV, it's not because of fun? Okay.

That's a bit of a bold statement.

So you're saying that, despite the fact there's been more people in battlegrounds than there were before AV, nobody's been having any fun, because the only battlegrounds you could have fun in are WSG and AB? But if people do AV, it's not because of fun? Okay.

Lets just say this, the "fun" people were having in AV was 110% related to how easy it was to get honor. Nobody who enjoyed the AV meta were there to have fun, they see getting honor as a chore and AV was an easy way to do it.

If someone found a way to solo clear BWL then everyone would be doing it, but it wouldnt mean it was good.

The same way people make guilds to be more efficient in PvE raids, then people make premades to be more efficient in PvP. I know this is kinda obvious, but some people keep complaining about premades for some reason. Premades are simply some PvPers of similar skill level that decide to play together and make the honor grinding easier, instead of carrying some random player with them. Not to be confused with dodgemades of course.

As it has been stated many many times, the "problem" about WoW PvP is the ranking system itself, and in general how battlegrounds are organized. If you want to casually PvP "just for fun" I'd suggest you to do world PvP instead. Battlegrounds are made for people who don't play "casually"; If you're trying to rank up or increase your PvP reputations, then get in touch with people who actually do premades and try to play with them.

You can't ask people to stop playing together just becouse you're too lazy or too casual to group up with decent PvPers. The same way you don't ask people to stop making guilds to run PvE raids and forcing them to play with pugs all the time.

Peace

The same way people make guilds to be more efficient in PvE raids, then people make premades to be more efficient in PvP. I know this is kinda obvious, but some people keep complaining about premades for some reason. Premades are simply some PvPers of similar skill level that decide to play together and make the honor grinding easier, instead of carrying some random player with them. Not to be confused with dodgemades of course.

As it has been stated many many times, the "problem" about WoW PvP is the ranking system itself, and in general how battlegrounds are organized. If you want to casually PvP "just for fun" I'd suggest you to do world PvP instead. Battlegrounds are made for people who don't play "casually"; If you're trying to rank up or increase your PvP reputations, then get in touch with people who actually do premades and try to play with them.

You can't ask people to stop playing together just becouse you're too lazy or too casual to group up with decent PvPers. The same way you don't ask people to stop making guilds to run PvE raids and forcing them to play with pugs all the time.

Peace

Truth.

Lets just say this, the "fun" people were having in AV was 110% related to how easy it was to get honor. Nobody who enjoyed the AV meta were there to have fun, they see getting honor as a chore and AV was an easy way to do it.

All you're saying is "I can't see how you'd enjoy doing that, therefore you're not".

Next time I want to grind AV nonstop, I'll be sure to remember that I'm just being delusional, that I couldn't possibly enjoy doing it. And that I should just go to WSG and get farmed by premades because that's where the true enjoyment lies.

Really? So premading is simply a noble and innocent way for friends to play together to make their honour grind easier, but at the same time battlegrounds aren't meant for "casual fun pvp"?

I'd love to see what would happen to battlegrounds if that was the case. That only premades would play because battlegrounds weren't meant for "fun pvp". Just imagine the amount of games people would get to play on a daily basis.

Wonder what the complaints would be about then because there'd be lack of BG's, yet they'd somehow have to get their ranks, but casuals couldn't join BG's because they're meant for premades. And dodgemades wouldn't want to play either because they'd have to face premades.

You want to say the problem is the ranking system itself, I'd rather say it's those who do whatever they can to exploit it. I'd be very much content with the situation if the only premades that existed were those proper ones who would welcome a battle between other premades, instead of doing whatever they can to avoid them. But we all know that's not the case. And this means that in order for premades and dodgemades to get their ranks, they need casuals to be their cannon fodder.

-----------

TL;DR: I don't think the AV situation was ideal, it was far from it. But for some, like myself, it was better than having to play against premades in AB or WSG. Now that the change has happened, the player numbers are going to drop, and not just because of what AsCE thinks, that people only played AV because of the honour, that nobody enjoyed it.

And because the player numbers are going to drop, the amount of premades and dodgemades are going to be a bigger % out of the entire pvp population, which means for casuals it's back to being farmed at WSG/AB gy.

And if casuals aren't meant to have fun in battlegrounds, then enjoy your future honour farming, because the amount of active battlegrounds is going to plummet.

TL;DR: I don't think the AV situation was ideal, it was far from it. But for some, like myself, it was better than having to play against premades in AB or WSG. Now that the change has happened, the player numbers are going to drop, and not just because of what AsCE thinks, that people only played AV because of the honour, that nobody enjoyed it.

And because the player numbers are going to drop, the amount of premades and dodgemades are going to be a bigger % out of the entire pvp population, which means for casuals it's back to being farmed at WSG/AB gy.

And if casuals aren't meant to have fun in battlegrounds, then enjoy your future honour farming, because the amount of active battlegrounds is going to plummet.

So what you are saying is that now BGs will actually be for people who PVP?

On a more serious note, i agree that getting farmed at the graveyard isnt fun. But Battlegrounds are ment to be played as a TEAM. And the better team is going to beat the worse team.

The problem is that players tend to give up when the odds are against them, i cant even count the amount of players i see writing "i guess its lost" and then go afk when they lose the first mid battle in wsg. Or the enemy score their first flag.

The fun thing tho is that it seems to only be happening to horde, today so far we had 4 WSGs up at the same time as most. I ran into 3 different ally premades while playing with atleast 30 different horde pug players.

So who is to blame for this? Its obviously working out better for allys than hordes, simply because allys group together and play together - while hordes just want to run around and do their own thing and still get good honor.

I agree that playing as a pug against a premade is a problem, it is not fun and its not rewarding. But should it be? Instead you should maybe embrace that WSG and AB are a team effort and accept that a better team will be winning.

There is still AV going constantly where people can solo play and do their own thing, it just isnt the ultimate honor grind anymore. If you dont think premading is fun, maybe getting top ranks isnt for you? You can still go play your own thing in AV and get to rank 8 probably.

I agree that playing as a pug against a premade is a problem, it is not fun and its not rewarding. But should it be? Instead you should maybe embrace that WSG and AB are a team effort and accept that a better team will be winning.

Well it being fun would be a great start.

There is still AV going constantly where people can solo play and do their own thing, it just isnt the ultimate honor grind anymore. If you dont think premading is fun, maybe getting top ranks isnt for you? You can still go play your own thing in AV and get to rank 8 probably.

Nah getting top ranks definitely isn't for me. Haven't got time for that no matter how much I'd premade.

I think the funniest part of all of this is that when you guys actually do PvE raid you brag about your clear times like it is something difficult, then when you are talking about AV you are claiming PvE is boring and not hard yada yada yada.

Anyone who complained about the "AV PvE" is a total hypocrite and cares more about PvE clear times then PvP balance rofl, this entire threads goal was just to give power to dodgemades. We will soon go back to this:

Everyone knows premades were dodging each other, it was blatant and even streamed live.

I watched gurtash and friends grind for 3+ weeks on 10v4 WSG. Everyone knows premades were purposely evading each other. Maybe they occasionally fought when they had hit their caps, but thats it.

When the changes to AV go through we will see a sharp decline in the amount of people participating in PvP(Which ultimately leads to much easier dodging)

Top Bottom